4 replies to this topic

#1 Burning2nd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 984 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 02:20 AM

map just happened, And im hoping that someone from that game will chime up but,

the game time was 8:45 (almost 8 min in to the round) and the vip had not moved,

*well only moved one gid

i was on the wining team, after we destroyed all the hostile targets we went in search of the VIP only to discover that he had only traveled one grid

I think he either got stuck on something, or had a late start,

someone from that team will need to chime in

#2 762 NATO

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 312 posts
  • LocationUnder the desk of the Magestrix of Canopus

Posted 19 May 2017 - 03:40 AM

Happened to us too last night. Map was crimson. VIP was in the stream/slough at 6 minutes in. Very confused as we split and did saddle and tunnel but couldn't find VIP. Pro play by tricksy idiot mech.

#3 Virlutris

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,443 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationVery likely goofing off in a match near you.

Posted 19 May 2017 - 06:39 AM

He's paralyzed by decision, trying to choose optimal path for nodes in the skill shrubberies.

Kidding aside, I think the AI gets hung up on something decision-wise (I was only half joking above). I saw this on Polar once myself.

It could probably navigate the map just fine unobstructed, but I think players pushing past it leaving the DZ or humping it in combat add a variable that ends up skewing its course and introducing confounds. Then, as mentioned, it probably finds a thing or things in the terrain that it can't navigate around efficiently with its current scripting.

Joking or not, I suspect it has trouble finding the path if it's presented with conflicting decisions and can't prioritize their importance.

#4 Burning2nd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 984 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 11:52 AM

they should move it to a set path and a accelerated rate

Edited by Burnin2nd, 21 May 2017 - 12:20 AM.

#5 762 NATO

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 312 posts
  • LocationUnder the desk of the Magestrix of Canopus

Posted 20 May 2017 - 04:52 AM

Idiot mech does need to move faster. But obviously the pilot is a hoity toity member of some rich family that is drunk or stoned or both, as it is walking across a battlefield to get to a dropship that looks suspiciously identical to the one that 12 mechs call out of. Clearly the booze, food and toilets are better on it's personal ship. Yours isn't good enough for it. Teamkill the jerk for being a trolling snob. If you don't, it may teamkill you. See my sig for evidence.

Cheers!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users