What does your screen name / signature mean?

308 replies to this topic

#41 Omigir

Can I have a hug? :(

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationVa

Posted 23 December 2011 - 11:35 AM

Wha.. well.. im probably going to get flack for this but its an amusing story

My first handle online ever was 'Yoichi' the name of a protagonist in a book i was reading at the time i got into online games about a fudal lord who's clan was toppled and the boy 'yoichi' who taken in as a slave and eventualy worked his way back up to a samuri and killed his 'lord' whom killed his family. Good story.

Well, on the same MUD I wanted to make a new character and though I would give a female one a shot and really just needed a name, any name and wanted it to be japanese. It just so happend I happend to be reading a battletech novel at the time about Victor Davion and he just so happend to have a love intrest by the name of Omi.

So.. i snagged it. Eventualy Yoichi stopped getting played and I stuck with omi and used that name more as i got into more graphical RPGs and MMOs and female characters were always much better to look at. Who whants to stare at a dude's *** for 6 hrs of game time anyway?

The 'Gir' was eventualy added as Omi was not always available and became perminant some where along the way. Gir is an off handed refrance to the characte from the Invader Zim.

So yeah, I have a girl's name, but johny cash has a great song about a boy named sue. so suck it! XD

EDIT: and yes, my friends on COD MW3 call me 'omi girl' all the time. But that is becuase I M-60 their faces in half. ; p

Edited by Omigir, 23 December 2011 - 11:39 AM.

#42 JohnnyRoyale

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 11:53 AM

I thought the Beastie Boys were saying JohnnyRoyale in the song Johnny Ryall.

Doh!

#43 SMDMadCow

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,055 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 25 December 2011 - 10:16 AM

I started online gaming with Unreal Tournament when it came out in highschool. I used the "war cow" skin exclusively because I found it to be funny as hell. At this time there was also a large outbreak of mad cow disease and every news channel was covering it. Thus "MadCow" became my handle. SMD comes from the USAFA wargaming club and means Something Must Die.

#44 Catamount

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LIEUTENANT, JUNIOR GRADE
  • 3,305 posts
  • LocationBoone, NC

Posted 25 December 2011 - 12:52 PM

My name is a seldom used term for Puma concolor

It's usually my callsign in video games, partly because I'm a bio student who has an especial fascination with felines, and partly because it represents how I like to play most games, particularly shooters. Straight on fights never seem to work in my favor, so I like to come at people sideways, get in close with the most powerful short-mid range weapon I can, and ambush.

Oh how I miss BF2142's stealth tech...

Edited by Catamount, 25 December 2011 - 12:53 PM.

#45 BduSlammer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts
  • Locationatlanta

Posted 25 December 2011 - 01:24 PM

Slammer come from the books Hammers Slammers the great armored regiment that has never been beaten

#46 LordKnightFandragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 01:45 PM

My screenname Fandragon came from a person's character in EQ1 who's name was Ciladin Fandragon, I thought it sounded cool and used it as my own name for myself in my made up, totally imaginary military that I lead and have been working on since like kindergarten. The Lord-Knight in my screenname was my old rank in my army...id put Republic Lord Legionnaire, which I think is in my sig, but that would be a long name for a screenname. My sig is myself, the Mech unit I lead and the Knights Republic of Lerlide is the name of my military force.

#47 Karn Evil

• PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 01:59 PM

Karn Evil comes from the song Karn Evil 9 by Emerson, Lake & Palmer. Good song about an evil computer going all hand-sanitiser on humanity and offing about 99.9% of them. As I don't know of anyone who seriously has the last name "Evil," Karn Evil is likely to be more of a callsign than an actual character name.

As for why I picked Karn Evil, well.. it sounds more appropriate to this context than, say, Aqualung or Ziggy Stardust.

#48 Stahlseele

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • LocationHamburg, Germany

Posted 25 December 2011 - 04:04 PM

My Screen-Name is from one of the older Battletech Novels.
In german. Someone on Solaris said:"Kai Allard-Liao's Soul of Steel guards a Heart of Gold."
Stahlseele==Soul of Steel/Steelsoul.

My Signature should be pretty easy . .

#49 Legatus Mortis

Rookie

• 2 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 December 2011 - 04:41 PM

Some time ago i wanted a new nickname because my old one was pretty lame.
Just one of my favorite video game characters with a number behind it.

I always thought that the Grim Reaper was pretty cool, so i looked up some latin words (because latin sometimes sounds pretty awesome. ;)).
"Legatus" means something like "ambassador", "Mortis" would be translated as "of death". So you get "ambassador of death", which sounded cool, imho, so that i kept it. ^^

Pretty simple. ;)

Edited by Legatus Mortis, 30 December 2011 - 06:55 AM.

#50 steelwraith

• PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 25 December 2011 - 05:19 PM

Named after a character I created in Shadowrun, way back when it first came out. He was a hacker who called himself Wraith, because he was 'a ghost in the machine'. When I first went online I wanted to use Wraith as my screen name, but I quickly noticed there were far too many people using the name. I figured I'd add a prefix; my first choice was Datawraith until I realized the term was used in the Tron 2 PC game. So I ended up using Steelwraith, as a nod to the Stainless Steel Rat.

#51 xesle

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 05:43 PM

My nickname is something my older sister came up with a million years ago when the two of us shared an account on some old MMO; I think the game was Graal. She doesn't really play videogames or do too much with the internet anymore, so I took the name as my own and have been using it ever since.

I like the name mostly because it's so much fun hearing all the different pronunciations people have come up over the years.

#52 JustMe SR

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationYou won't find (on map), even after I would told you.

Posted 27 December 2011 - 03:23 PM

We (brother and me :) ) were using one nick - "minininja128", but later my brother wanted to that nick for himself. So I started to think about my new nick. I had a lot of ideas one of them was "Baca", but "Baca" had one problem it was more popular than i thought. So I were thinking about new nick, better nick. And I started to use JustMe SR in game called tunnelers.
Its quite simple:
Me- because its me
Just- because now its just mine nick
SR- because I still thought that someone will use JustMe as nick.

BTW: Bro is now "living battletech encyclopedia" too, and he is here, on this forum. Can you find him ? :)
TIP: he is not using "minininja128" anymore.

My signature mean, that I hate/don't use facebook :)

Edit: removed e

Edited by JustMe SR, 28 December 2011 - 03:54 PM.

#53 LordKnightFandragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 03:46 PM

^^^Lol, the sig is funny, its so true to...take away facebook and 93% of everyone, not just teens, would die of....Facebook Withdrawl?^^^

#54 Inappropriate849

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 04:38 PM

I used to name my characters CaptainNapalm when I was a teenager, but then Bill Watterson had the audacity to use the same name in his Calvin & Hobbes cartoons (still love them, though).

I figured I'd better come up with a name no one else would pick. I haven't ran into anyone else named CaptainSodom in the 20+ years since then, for some reason :) It's quite hilarious to see the reactions when I give my PSN or whatever contact credentials to someone at work, for example.

Edited by CaptainSodom, 27 December 2011 - 04:43 PM.

#55 CSG Gunslinger

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 05:16 PM

"Gunslinger" as in The Dark Tower Gunslingers, I've used this call sign for Mechwarrior games since MPlayer and MW2.

#56 Rayah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 801 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 05:39 PM

I like the misspelling Rayzor. As for my signature, (Which is binary for the word Frost) I plan to name my Mech Frost.

#57 BerserX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 424 posts
  • LocationHere

Posted 27 December 2011 - 05:52 PM

My first gamertag was "Gladiator," but I got bored with it. Then, came "Nightmare," but I didn't like it. "Raptor," "Guardian," "Gamecock," "Gremlin;" and the latest, "Outrider" - nothing really seemed to stick. There were others, but finally, I decided on a name that reflects my natural tendencies in a pitch-battle: BerserX.

I can step into most roles in any FPS, but my natural best is the role of a brawler. BerserX just sums up my tendencies and preferences, along with my strengths (and, to a certain degree: my weaknesses). I live up to this name very well on MW4. My only weakness is when I get ahead of my "allies."

#58 uebersoldat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 399 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 03:30 PM

Return to Castle Wolfenstein MP handle. I used to use Marauder or Lord Marauder, after my favorite 'mech (I know, original!) but it was taken in pretty much everything I played online. Some noobs try to use ubersoldat but that's not correct. It's ue or ü.

Also, props to the OP for the Rammstein vid, I'm going to see them in May and I'm really excited!

#59 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 28 December 2011 - 03:48 PM

View PostJustMe SR, on 27 December 2011 - 03:23 PM, said:

We (brother and me :unsure: ) were using one nick - "minininja128", but later my brother wanted to that nick for himself. So I started to think about my new nick. I had a lot of ideas one of them was "Baca", but "Baca" had one problem it was more popular than i thought. So I were thinking about new nick, better nick. And I started to use JustMe SR in game called tunneleres.
Its quite simple:
Me- because its me
Just- because now its just mine nick
SR- because I still thought that someone will use JustMe as nick.

BTW: Bro is now "living battletech encyclopedia" too, and he is here, on this forum. Can you find him ? ;)
TIP: he is not using "minininja128" anymore.

My signature mean, that I hate/don't use facebook ;)

Tunneleres, LOL.

That guy must be from Mexico or something, funny thing is I actually used similiar sig as him, but with my Liao allegiance and a sig picture, it was too big to fit into 4 lines with the rest, so it had to go. :(

#60 JustMe SR

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationYou won't find (on map), even after I would told you.

Posted 28 December 2011 - 03:57 PM

View PostAdridos, on 28 December 2011 - 03:48 PM, said:

Tunneleres, LOL.

That guy must be from Mexico or something, funny thing is I actually used similiar sig as him, but with my Liao allegiance and a sig picture, it was too big to fit into 4 lines with the rest, so it had to go. ;)

"That guy".........................................Posted Image

What is funny on that you can live without facebook, too?

Edited by JustMe SR, 28 December 2011 - 03:58 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users