129 replies to this topic

#121 Jay Leon Hart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 08:52 AM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 30 May 2017 - 04:29 PM, said:

No it's not, the CT energy mounts are reasonably high already.

And the HBK is nimble enough without the JJs. Looks like a trade off.

Clearly, said statement is just a cop-out. Cause it is demonstrable that DW is certainly a downgrade.

Except is isn't, it's just what you value more. I value the higher mount more than the JJs. You value the JJs more than the higher mount.

No i don't want it to be an upgrade nor a downgrade, just a side-grade. Is that really hard to understand?

Well congratulations! It is a side grade. Whether you think the trade off is worth it or not, is down to you.

#122 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 08:56 AM

View PostAramuside, on 31 May 2017 - 03:48 AM, said:

Not to be rude but are you including the scout matches capped at 50 tons in that? If so its no mystery why there were so many 50 ton Nova and HBK IIC. Not that I trust those figures as apparently there were no Huntsmen and Night Gyr (despite having seen them in huge numbers for the 9 days.

AHA! They provided Scouting only stats, I evidently missed them. Time to edit! Posted Image

I, too, was puzzled at the lack of HMNs and NTGs, as well as a lack of MAD-IICs. I saw plenty of the former in Scouting and lots of the latter 2 in "Invasion".

#123 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 31 May 2017 - 03:15 PM

View PostJay Leon Hart, on 31 May 2017 - 08:52 AM, said:

And the HBK is nimble enough without the JJs. Looks like a trade off.

Posted Image

Sure it may be nimble enough, but the issue is the bad deal. What the loadout the DW offers, is not enough to cover for the lost JJs.

Except is isn't, it's just what you value more. I value the higher mount more than the JJs. You value the JJs more than the higher mount.

No, it is.

Well congratulations! It is a side grade. Whether you think the trade off is worth it or not, is down to you.

No it's not, and I just demonstrated it.

Yes, it is up to us whether we like DW or not, or if we would buy it. However as i have shown you, you know the HBK-IIC-C builds we've before, it's completely capable of doing all the builds you thought you'd like, with only the difference of a lower mount which is still reasonably high, and then the jump jets.

The highmounts are far more situational because not everything in the battlefield is a hill. While a JJ not only works for poptarting, also for traversing high places like Canyon-Network, or Mining Colony -- it's more useful at most cases.

It is a downgrade. No matter how hard you appeal to subjectivity, i demonstrated it to be a fact by comparing it to an existing variant. It's just like math, how is that hard to understand?

Edited by The6thMessenger, 31 May 2017 - 03:25 PM.

#124 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 07:30 AM

*sigh*

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 31 May 2017 - 03:15 PM, said:

It is a downgrade. No matter how hard you appeal to subjectivity, i demonstrated it to be a fact by comparing it to an existing variant. It's just like math, how is that hard to understand?

I agree, if you can not accept that my opinion differs from yours. I sold my HBK-IIC-C because the CT mount was not high enough for me. So it is still, in fact, not high enough for me. Please, continue talking to the wall, I give up. You "win".

Edited by Jay Leon Hart, 01 June 2017 - 07:30 AM.

#125 Rushin Roulette

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 June 2017 - 08:04 AM

View PostSirSoggyDog, on 19 May 2017 - 02:32 PM, said:

I know it says artwork doesn't match, but these mechs are not at all the ones pictured.

Am I the only one who pictured Obi Wan Kenobi after reading this line?

Posted Image

#126 Pope RW

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 53 posts
  • LocationPA USA

Posted 01 June 2017 - 11:59 AM

I'll consider buying new mechs once PGI has released 5 new maps

#127 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 01:22 PM

View PostPope RW, on 01 June 2017 - 11:59 AM, said:

Amazingly enough - not sure we cared but thank you for telling us that amazing "alternate fact". ;)

#128 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 01 June 2017 - 02:38 PM

View PostJay Leon Hart, on 01 June 2017 - 07:30 AM, said:

I agree, if you can not accept that my opinion differs from yours. I sold my HBK-IIC-C because the CT mount was not high enough for me. So it is still, in fact, not high enough for me.

So you sold HBK-IIC (prime) too? Key phrase, "for me".

It's not going to be completely good for hill-humping, try it with poptarting. Likewise actually being mobile, cause there's something more than just hill-humping in MWO.

View PostJay Leon Hart, on 01 June 2017 - 07:30 AM, said:

Please, continue talking to the wall, I give up. You "win".

If it helps you sleep at night.

Edited by The6thMessenger, 01 June 2017 - 04:06 PM.

#129 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 01 June 2017 - 06:37 PM

View PostPope RW, on 01 June 2017 - 11:59 AM, said:

View PostAramuside, on 01 June 2017 - 01:22 PM, said:

Amazingly enough - not sure we cared but thank you for telling us that amazing "alternate fact". Posted Image

But maps are the answer to everything!

I wonder if there are 5 more map "themes" out there that differ from the ones we have in QP and FP now...

1) Completely subterranean? All the Lurmers would love that one...

2) Large Urban sprawl? Wahhh the ankle biters are OP!

3) Maze? I actually did one of these in the MW4 Map builder... we could never find each other to fight...

4) Multilevel? Think giant parking garage

5) Mini King of the Hill? 1k x 1k map with steep incline to center of the map on all sides.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users