One Shot In An Orion And Cyclops?

60 replies to this topic

#1 sgtarkeus

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:15 AM

I had at least two matches last night where I was fairly fresh - maybe the armor on my arms and possibly a ST being yellow but the CT was undamaged, turn a corner and a rushing linebacker or catapult hit me with something, I'm guessing SRMs (they're the last thing on the list of damage by what screen), and I'm dead. CT only thing damaged really. Each death like this has like 4-6 weapons showing on the death/damage screen.

I've never seen this before, has any one else? My Orion ON1-K has 448/462 Armor with points in the survival tree, and my Cyclopes CP-11-A has 544/558 Armor also with points in the survival tree.

#2 Ced Riggs

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 825 posts
  • Locationunclear, mech stuck in bay.

Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:18 AM

Headshotted?

#3 Vonbach

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 697 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:18 AM

I got a side torso cored one shot from a gauss rifle. Green to orange and a srm gone no other damage taken in the match first shot I'd taken. The survival tree is basically useless. It gives you something like one medium lasers worth of damage.

#4 STEF_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:20 AM

View Postsgtarkeus, on 19 May 2017 - 09:15 AM, said:

I had at least two matches last night where I was fairly fresh - maybe the armor on my arms and possibly a ST being yellow but the CT was undamaged, turn a corner and a rushing linebacker or catapult hit me with something, I'm guessing SRMs (they're the last thing on the list of damage by what screen), and I'm dead. CT only thing damaged really. Each death like this has like 4-6 weapons showing on the death/damage screen.

I've never seen this before, has any one else? My Orion ON1-K has 448/462 Armor with points in the survival tree, and my Cyclopes CP-11-A has 544/558 Armor also with points in the survival tree.

How much armor do u have in back CT?

#5 Ced Riggs

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 825 posts
  • Locationunclear, mech stuck in bay.

Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:30 AM

View PostVonbach, on 19 May 2017 - 09:18 AM, said:

It gives you something like one medium lasers worth of damage.

Please show me the medium laser that deals 25 to 35 damage.

#6 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:39 AM

Yes this does happen on the very rare occasion. Use the complaint button and they do get banned about this sort of stuff. It sucks and not much to say other than that.

Getting shot through the back from the front and almost anything else imaginable has happened.

Its online multi player which can be good but is very often used as a tool for trolling.

Good topic though. Lets people know this sort of thing happened.

Edited by Johnny Z, 19 May 2017 - 09:42 AM.

#7 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:41 AM

One-shot by a Catapult?? Posted Image

#8 sgtarkeus

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:42 AM

View PostCed Riggs, on 19 May 2017 - 09:18 AM, said:

Headshotted?

Not that I could tell. It just showed my CT removed and one of my STs as red with no armor.

View PostStefka Kerensky, on 19 May 2017 - 09:20 AM, said:

How much armor do u have in back CT?

I've got 102 front and 8 rear on my CT on my Cyclops, and 78 front and 8 rear on my Orion. I suppose I shouldn't rule that out, I just recall the mechs to my front, with allies behind me / to my sides.

Edit: I tend to play fairly safe in these two and stay with at least 2-3 other mechs, more if we can get a death ball going, as difficult as that is in pugs. My cyclops is built for mid range engagements with two UAC5s and two LRM10s, with 4 tons of each LRM and UAC5 ammo. My Orion is basically set up as the (C) version, though without Artemis-IV.

Edited by sgtarkeus, 19 May 2017 - 09:46 AM.

#9 Jay Leon Hart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:05 AM

Max CT armour & structure for an ON1-K
Armour: 92 (no back armour) + 23 (quirk) + 19.55 (max skill tree, assuming quirk is counted in calc) = 134.55
Structure: 46 + 14.72 (max skill tree) = 60.72
Total damage to one shot = 195.27

So, SRM boat alpha damage values...

6x Clan SRM6 (JR7-IIC, MDD, LBK) = 72 damage
6x IS SRM6 (CPLT-A1) = 77.4 damage
7x IS SRM6 (CP-10-Q) = 90.3 damage
8x Clan SRM6 (HMN) = 96 damage
9x IS SRM6 (ARC-5W) = 116.1 damage

My guess is something else shot you just before or during the SRM bombers attack.
[Edit] Or an ammo explosion, does that show up in the kill feed? I've not died to one for a while. [/Edit]

Edited by Jay Leon Hart, 19 May 2017 - 10:06 AM.

#10 sgtarkeus

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:20 AM

I hadn't thought about an ammo explosion. I store two tons of ammo in my CT on the Orion. It is not fully skilled yet 33/91 admittedly. I don't remember if they show up on the damage report something to watch for I suppose. That should happen pretty frequently though, I'm not the best player that's for sure; I'm a T3 pilot.

#11 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:38 AM

View PostVonbach, on 19 May 2017 - 09:18 AM, said:

The survival tree is basically useless. It gives you something like one medium lasers worth of damage.

Urmmm... excuse me, but do you run your mechs like this?

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...cabd503615fe542

Because that's about how much you're giving up by ignoring the survival tree.

It's a lot. Would you literally strip 20-25% health off of every single component on your mech, including all three torsos?

I wouldn't.

Edited by Tarogato, 19 May 2017 - 10:40 AM.

#12 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:44 AM

View PostTarogato, on 19 May 2017 - 10:38 AM, said:

Urmmm... excuse me, but do you run your mechs like this?

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...cabd503615fe542

Because that's about how much you're giving up by ignoring the survival tree.

It's a lot. Would you literally strip 20-25% health off of every single component on your mech, including all three torsos?

I wouldn't.

I will take this mech and you take the other where you can't twist and spread dmg. I will win.

Edited by Monkey Lover, 19 May 2017 - 10:45 AM.

#13 Dollar Bill

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 210 posts
  • LocationLost in the Skill Maze.

Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:58 AM

View PostCed Riggs, on 19 May 2017 - 09:30 AM, said:

Please show me the medium laser that deals 25 to 35 damage.

Can you get that much more damage protection on one hit box location, or is that 25 to 35 extra damage number the increase from all hit box locations added together? If so, do medium lasers have a shotgun effect now, where they damage all hit boxes at the same time?

#14 Trenchbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 11:11 AM

View Postsgtarkeus, on 19 May 2017 - 10:20 AM, said:

I hadn't thought about an ammo explosion. I store two tons of ammo in my CT on the Orion. It is not fully skilled yet 33/91 admittedly. I don't remember if they show up on the damage report something to watch for I suppose. That should happen pretty frequently though, I'm not the best player that's for sure; I'm a T3 pilot.
Ammo det's a huge possibility. CT ammo can still go up, so it makes me wonder why anyone puts anything other than C-DHS, weapons, BAPs, or Gauss ammo there.

#15 sgtarkeus

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 11:29 AM

View PostCatten Hart, on 19 May 2017 - 11:11 AM, said:

Ammo det's a huge possibility. CT ammo can still go up, so it makes me wonder why anyone puts anything other than C-DHS, weapons, BAPs, or Gauss ammo there.

Well, I store two tons of ammo in each leg, one in my head, and one in my right ST, plus the two in the CT. It hasn't really been an issue before now. I was regularily getting both STs blown off long before my CT would go. My guess was people were aiming for the SRMs and AC20. I'll have to reconsider using Case and dropping a DHS.

#16 Jay Leon Hart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 11:30 AM

View PostCatten Hart, on 19 May 2017 - 11:11 AM, said:

It gets used first, doesn't it? If you're dying from a CT ammo explosion, you were caught out of position with no time to fire a decent amount of rounds. Unless CT ammo isn't used first, but I'm sure it is.

Leg ammo is another beast - fine if you don't strip them, but if you have ammo in your legs *and* armour strip them? Well, you're gonna have a bad time!

#17 sgtarkeus

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 11:44 AM

Would this be a better setup do you think?

[smurfy]http://mwo.smurfy-ne...3920ccf3400cfaa[/smurfy]

Thank you guys for your help!

#18 sgtarkeus

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 11:54 AM

Here's my current Cyclops build.

[smurfy]http://mwo.smurfy-ne...0284cc1cee9895d[/smurfy]

And with CASE:

[smurfy]http://mwo.smurfy-ne...894d8eee0f7f52c[/smurfy]

Is the cyclops build better with CASE?

Again, thank you guys for your help. Its nice to have help understanding. I had forgotten that SRMs/LRMs can potentially have a higher crit damage/chance, which is it?

#19 darqsyde

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 348 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationFar Beyond The Black Horizon

Posted 19 May 2017 - 11:55 AM

I can confirm Ammo Explosion shows up as the cause of death.

#20 sgtarkeus

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 11:58 AM

View Postdarqsyde, on 19 May 2017 - 11:55 AM, said:

I can confirm Ammo Explosion shows up as the cause of death.

Thank you darqsyde. That's good to know. I can't recall seeing it or not last night but it's something I'll keep an eye out for now. CASE was definitely required when I had a Gauss Rifle on my Cyclops, I couldn't get a good handle of the weapon though and decided to try out the UAC5s and took CASE off.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users