Survival Tree & Light Mechs

Balance

75 replies to this topic

#61 Weeny Machine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,014 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 23 May 2017 - 11:57 AM

View PostGrus, on 23 May 2017 - 11:40 AM, said:

my kit for can carry 4med Las and hit out to 700m so yeah... And you're teir 1? Makes me wonder how hard you padded your stats to get there.

I am sorry but your comment is so dumb...it says so much about you and how ignorant you are. Please do yourself a favour and think why you shot yourself in the leg with that one hahaha.

My oh my, life can be sooo ironic

Edit: It gets even better. Heck, I should have checked his stats before writing the lines above.
Grus, ranking 5899, average 190 match score with lights. IN TIER 4...while being able to kill easily 4 enemies and do 700 damage mwahaha hahahah hahaa And played whooping 15 matches in lights *thumbs up*.

Oh, and why is your average match score in heavies 276? I mean lights are soooo overpowered?

Heck, you are such a bloody hypocrite hahahaha

Edited by Bush Hopper, 23 May 2017 - 12:03 PM.

#62 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 11:59 AM

View PostDarian DelFord, on 23 May 2017 - 11:51 AM, said:

LOL and your kit will die to just about anything with that load out. I am sorry, but a kit with only 4 ML's does not stand a chance in most situations and will be one of the first targets of opportunity. That build is considered an easy kill. Especially in a light vs light fight.
why would I hunt lights with that build? Ecm, 3ams 4med Las, I'm stuck in with the assaults giving them fire support. Piping up just after they do to poke extra damage after they have taken the hits. 4med Las is deadly if you don't have any armor left ;)

But I guess unit tactics and team work are a afterthought for you.

Edited by Grus, 23 May 2017 - 12:03 PM.

#63 Cyrion

• PipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 63 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 12:14 PM

Lights seem perfectly fine to me. Or have the rest of you not been plagued by the hordes of unkillable Commandos and Javelins running around?

I've pounded both of those chassis over and over only to watch them run away laughing. I no joke double tapped both my UAC5s and UAC10s into a Javelin's CT yesterday from about 100m away while he was running right at me and it didn't even core him. I thought since he was orange there already it would finish him off. Nope. Just ate it, it did nothing to him, and he ran off to continue spamming missiles. Was being harassed by a Commando in another game, 5 guys on the team shooting at this dude while he circles me. No one could kill him. They weren't all potatoes. We won the game handily. Just this dude had some force-field around his mech.

Though there does seem to be a lot more people employing the lag shield these days, so maybe that has something to do with it.

#64 Darian DelFord

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 23 May 2017 - 12:31 PM

View PostGrus, on 23 May 2017 - 11:59 AM, said:

why would I hunt lights with that build? Ecm, 3ams 4med Las, I'm stuck in with the assaults giving them fire support. Piping up just after they do to poke extra damage after they have taken the hits. 4med Las is deadly if you don't have any armor left Posted Image

But I guess unit tactics and team work are a afterthought for you.

Who said anything about you hunting lights. I said you are target practice and you are. You are a target of opportunity because you are easily killed and will not contribute much to a match in T1 other than maybe ECM

Once you gain for experience playing the game you will understand.

View PostCyrion, on 23 May 2017 - 12:14 PM, said:

Lights seem perfectly fine to me. Or have the rest of you not been plagued by the hordes of unkillable Commandos and Javelins running around?

I've pounded both of those chassis over and over only to watch them run away laughing. I no joke double tapped both my UAC5s and UAC10s into a Javelin's CT yesterday from about 100m away while he was running right at me and it didn't even core him. I thought since he was orange there already it would finish him off. Nope. Just ate it, it did nothing to him, and he ran off to continue spamming missiles. Was being harassed by a Commando in another game, 5 guys on the team shooting at this dude while he circles me. No one could kill him. They weren't all potatoes. We won the game handily. Just this dude had some force-field around his mech.

Though there does seem to be a lot more people employing the lag shield these days, so maybe that has something to do with it.

I honestly think Hit Reg took a crap with this new patch. I have pounded Atlai and Direwhales with PPC's and no reg is noted.

#65 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 01:05 PM

^^

Right, Because I play a lot of quick play to bump up a number that means nothing other that to wave around like a prominent pike of yet another keyboard warrior.

Please..

FP IS where I play, where there is no matchmaker you can manipulate to pad your stats. Keep trying kid. Tier 1 pilots pop just the same as a tier 5.

And a light mech would be either crazy or dumb to run into a pack of heavy and assaults just to take out or deal damage to another light mech. And 4med Las is plenty good to vaporize a light mech's legs with a quickness.

Edited by Grus, 23 May 2017 - 01:06 PM.

#66 Weeny Machine

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,014 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 01:09 PM

View PostGrus, on 23 May 2017 - 01:05 PM, said:

^^

Right, Because I play a lot of quick play to bump up a number that means nothing other that to wave around like a prominent pike of yet another keyboard warrior.

Please..

FP IS where I play, where there is no matchmaker you can manipulate to pad your stats. Keep trying kid. Tier 1 pilots pop just the same as a tier 5.

And a light mech would be either crazy or dumb to run into a pack of heavy and assaults just to take out or deal damage to another light mech. And 4med Las is plenty good to vaporize a light mech's legs with a quickness.

Preach on. You are so amusing. Of course you are the top player in FW and suck in QP and we are all totally wrong. We got it.

#67 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 01:59 PM

View PostCyrion, on 23 May 2017 - 12:14 PM, said:

this, ive seen a spider eat 2 lbx 20 and watch his armor flash as less than 200m red flash and all showing a hit. Kinda confusing since I got spread skills to max..

View PostBush Hopper, on 23 May 2017 - 01:09 PM, said:

Preach on. You are so amusing. Of course you are the top player in FW and suck in QP and we are all totally wrong. We got it.

I'm glad you find me entertaining :) I'm far from the best, but I know for a fact that the teir numbers don't mean crap. It's a cute bumper sicker, that's about it.

#68 Darian DelFord

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 23 May 2017 - 06:03 PM

View PostGrus, on 23 May 2017 - 01:59 PM, said:

this, ive seen a spider eat 2 lbx 20 and watch his armor flash as less than 200m red flash and all showing a hit. Kinda confusing since I got spread skills to max..

And I have seen assault mechs eat ER PPC's with absolutely no damage at all. It is not just a light thing. If you think so you are even worse off than I thought

View PostGrus, on 23 May 2017 - 01:59 PM, said:

I'm glad you find me entertaining Posted Image I'm far from the best, but I know for a fact that the teir numbers don't mean crap. It's a cute bumper sicker, that's about it.

You see this is where you are incorrect yet again. Tier numbers are not crap. It is widely accepted by the community, and one of the few things we all agree on, that the tier system is not representative of skill, but experience. The Tier bar, is nothing more than an experience bar. Being Tier 4 even playing "Faction Play" tells me you do not have a lot of experience in the current game. Eventually if you play enough you will end up in Tier 1. I mean it took my alt account all of 20 matches to hit tier 3. What does that say about your tier?

There is no shame in being in Tier 4 or 5. That is where you learn to play the game. As you move up you are "suppose" to learn to play better with better load outs and realize just how essential your team members are. You at Tier 4 just do not have the experience yet to understand what the rest of us are talking about.

Edited by Darian DelFord, 23 May 2017 - 06:04 PM.

#69 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 10:10 PM

View PostDarian DelFord, on 23 May 2017 - 06:03 PM, said:

And I have seen assault mechs eat ER PPC's with absolutely no damage at all. It is not just a light thing. If you think so you are even worse off than I thought

You see this is where you are incorrect yet again. Tier numbers are not crap. It is widely accepted by the community, and one of the few things we all agree on, that the tier system is not representative of skill, but experience. The Tier bar, is nothing more than an experience bar. Being Tier 4 even playing "Faction Play" tells me you do not have a lot of experience in the current game. Eventually if you play enough you will end up in Tier 1. I mean it took my alt account all of 20 matches to hit tier 3. What does that say about your tier?

There is no shame in being in Tier 4 or 5. That is where you learn to play the game. As you move up you are "suppose" to learn to play better with better load outs and realize just how essential your team members are. You at Tier 4 just do not have the experience yet to understand what the rest of us are talking about.
been playing since closed beta dude, got plenty of experience..

View PostDarian DelFord, on 23 May 2017 - 06:03 PM, said:

And I have seen assault mechs eat ER PPC's with absolutely no damage at all. It is not just a light thing.
that's because you're fireing too far out of range. Duh...

#70 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 11:24 PM

View PostGrus, on 23 May 2017 - 10:10 PM, said:

Not useful experience, apparently...

#71 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 07:04 AM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 23 May 2017 - 11:24 PM, said:

Not useful experience, apparently...
4.7 KD ratio last season so I guess not.

#72 Darian DelFord

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 24 May 2017 - 03:47 PM

View PostGrus, on 23 May 2017 - 10:10 PM, said:

that's because you're fireing too far out of range. Duh...

You see the problem with your statements are simple. When they switched to the tier system everyone was placed into their tiers based on their "Play skill" at the time. Since you have a 4.7 KD ratio and are in Tier 4.......... well everyone one else understands.

Anyways now that the troll is dealt with...

I am still hoping that they really really tweak the skill tree system. Many chassis are being forced to take on skills that are absolutely useless to their mechs.

Not to mention the agility of lights has been reduced even more making them even easier targets, except for the cursed few,.

#73 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 05:09 PM

View PostDarian DelFord, on 24 May 2017 - 03:47 PM, said:

You see the problem with your statements are simple. When they switched to the tier system everyone was placed into their tiers based on their "Play skill" at the time. Since you have a 4.7 KD ratio and are in Tier 4.......... well everyone one else understands.

Anyways now that the troll is dealt with...

I am still hoping that they really really tweak the skill tree system. Many chassis are being forced to take on skills that are absolutely useless to their mechs.

Not to mention the agility of lights has been reduced even more making them even easier targets, except for the cursed few,.

Then take agility skills to bump them back up, again, I don't see where you "elites" are having an issue with this system. Youre teir 1 it shouldnt be that hard for you to still preform.
And again, I'm at teir 4 because I hardly play QP, 95% is faction, you know, where there is no matchmaker...

#74 Weeny Machine

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,014 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 12:11 PM

View PostJENNER llC, on 26 May 2017 - 09:58 AM, said:

my question is can you get away playing without any sensors now ? basically no radar dep, freeing up all the points from that tree & giving up the ability to remain elusive

its so much easier for an ecm light to invest into deprivation (ironically needs it less) and seismic because its inline with the ecm nodes

but sometimes i wonder if the firepower heavy lights, who desperately need points elsewhere, are better off just accepting they will be on enemy sensors longer

some say it changes how lights play - shy/less aggressive - they will hesitate longer until the enemy is more focused elsewhere, instead of more initiative forcing risky flanks like before when you could reliably remain "vague", because every man and their dog knows exactly where they with each lock

as for actual tree solution pgi could easily rearrange the trees on a per weight class basis to aid balance ? e.g. lights could have easier access to radar dep and assaults could have easier access to nodes they need earlier etc

You mention the same problem Darian brought up.
As a light, you should invest into...
...mobility or you get even easier targeted (currently with the size and baseline stats of 35t, those get mostly hit anyways)
...info or, as you said, they see you coming and will wait for you with a smile on their faces
...firepower or you cannot get in some alphas quickly, suffer from lack of range and also generate more heat
...survival too boost the lousy defenses because of huge pinpoint alphas flying across half the map - and as mentioned above the huge size of 35t mechs

You cannot do that of course. So far I bite the bullet and do not skill into survival when the light has no armour quirks because I cannot feel any difference then anyway

#75 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 12:34 PM

I have only two Lights with points in Survival:

MLX-PRIME, because the missiles run cold enough that I don't need Operations

LCT-1V, because if you are overheating in this 'Mech even using SHS, you need to uninstall.

#76 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 04:12 PM

View PostJENNER llC, on 26 May 2017 - 09:58 AM, said:

my question is can you get away playing without any sensors now ? basically no radar dep, freeing up all the points from that tree & giving up the ability to remain elusive

its so much easier for an ecm light to invest into deprivation (ironically needs it less) and seismic because its inline with the ecm nodes

but sometimes i wonder if the firepower heavy lights, who desperately need points elsewhere, are better off just accepting they will be on enemy sensors longer

some say it changes how lights play - shy/less aggressive - they will hesitate longer until the enemy is more focused elsewhere, instead of more initiative forcing risky flanks like before when you could reliably remain "vague", because every man and their dog knows exactly where they with each lock

as for actual tree solution pgi could easily rearrange the trees on a per weight class basis to aid balance ? e.g. lights could have easier access to radar dep and assaults could have easier access to nodes they need earlier etc
depends on the light? I'll use my kitfox for example. I have it set up for support. 4med Las e cm and 3ams. So I didn't go into mobility that much but went sensors, AMS skills, firepower. Works well. My attic I went the opposite. Just saying.

13 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 13 guests, 0 anonymous users