Gameplay

52 replies to this topic

#41 Napoleon_Blownapart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 07:00 AM

i think the recent win 10 creator's update added 'game mode' which i believe is like game boost it suspends some processes for a minor performance bump.

#42 Darbbo

• PipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 54 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 26 July 2017 - 06:36 AM

Just this last War Chest Event challenge I have been disconnected 4 times after leaving the drop-ship and each time I reconnect. That's for disconnects and 4 re-connects. This last match I got disconnected 8 times Twice per mech and each time I reconnected only to get penalized at end of match. This has been an issue for the last 3 yrs of game play. I have done all the required checks on my end and have had a consistent 0 packet loss. So to the dumb-asses who want to punish us more for something PGI refuses to fix....That's a big F U to you.

#43 Archer Magnus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 218 posts
  • LocationFoCo

Posted 26 July 2017 - 08:37 AM

Why is it almost always assault mechs?

The best is when the person hides in a corner and then disconnects, classy.

#44 Tordin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 26 July 2017 - 08:47 AM

i just wish PGI could have some kind of identificator system in place to see if the person lost connection due to internet/ server issues or if the player pressed ALT + F4 etc. Its just punishing if you get penalized for something you dont have control over.

#45 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 09:00 AM

View PostKhobai, on 22 May 2017 - 09:07 PM, said:

a lot of times people disconnect because the game crashes. then when they try to rejoin it crashes again. repeatedly.

I dont think people should be overly penalized for disconnecting when the main reason for disconnects is PGI's client being unstable.

Fix the game crashing constantly first. Then maybe disconnect penalties could be a thing.

While i think what you said is intersting.. If it was more about PGI then shouldn't everyone be getting DC's about the same? cause despite the OP's issues.. If i get One DC a month it's a lot. Last summer when i upgraded to win 10, i was having some sort of issue, but that didn't last long. I'm back to almost never getting DC'd outside of a random drop when i alt=tab right when the game starts to load and even then it's maybe 1 in 200 if that..

For instance the last event i played it on 2 accounts, played every match soo that's 300, didn't have a single DC.. So how exactly is it PGI servers that are unstable? People really need to look at what programs they are also running, and what firewalls, or virus scanners, and send in DXdiags, and contact support if they are having an issue, and just not say, it has to be PGI's fault even if it only happens with that game.

Maybe it is MWO's conflict with a program or a driver, But if they don't know what program/driver that is, then how exactly are they suppose to track that down? I highly doubt people want PGI adding tracking software to the game that reads peoples registery's saying.. Ohh look X person DC 100 times, and they have X, Y and Z running.. maybe that is the issue. People would scream mallware in a second, and honestly rightfully so.

Though Maybe PGI could add user opt in tracking software, or running some sort of client check if you are having DC issues, but honestly i don't know enough about servers/DC issues to know if that is really an option or how they could do it.

#46 Darbbo

• PipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 54 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 02:50 PM

View PostJC Daxion, on 26 July 2017 - 09:00 AM, said:

While i think what you said is intersting.. If it was more about PGI then shouldn't everyone be getting DC's about the same? cause despite the OP's issues.. If i get One DC a month it's a lot. Last summer when i upgraded to win 10, i was having some sort of issue, but that didn't last long. I'm back to almost never getting DC'd outside of a random drop when i alt=tab right when the game starts to load and even then it's maybe 1 in 200 if that..

For instance the last event i played it on 2 accounts, played every match soo that's 300, didn't have a single DC.. So how exactly is it PGI servers that are unstable? People really need to look at what programs they are also running, and what firewalls, or virus scanners, and send in DXdiags, and contact support if they are having an issue, and just not say, it has to be PGI's fault even if it only happens with that game.

Maybe it is MWO's conflict with a program or a driver, But if they don't know what program/driver that is, then how exactly are they suppose to track that down? I highly doubt people want PGI adding tracking software to the game that reads peoples registery's saying.. Ohh look X person DC 100 times, and they have X, Y and Z running.. maybe that is the issue. People would scream mallware in a second, and honestly rightfully so.

Though Maybe PGI could add user opt in tracking software, or running some sort of client check if you are having DC issues, but honestly i don't know enough about servers/DC issues to know if that is really an option or how they could do it.

Since you are not experiencing what we are experiencing, you do not realize that this is an ongoing issue spanning a few years. You do not realize the countless tickets submitted to the devs only to have a computer response given and issue not resolved. 0 packet loss and no issues on my end because other more memory intensive games on the net work fine.

#47 Alexander of Macedon

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 02:55 PM

View PostJC Daxion, on 26 July 2017 - 09:00 AM, said:

I've only experienced it rarely, but there's been an uptick in the past few months, and it's always due to MWO crashing rather than anything relating to my connection.

#48 Eirik Eriksson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 201 posts
  • LocationIn the deep forests of Småland

Posted 26 July 2017 - 03:09 PM

I have had a lot of crashes during my days here. Luckily, since I bought my latest computers I have only got one issue - and that is that I cannot log in to the game at once. Takes about 3-5 times running the repair tool for the both of them to be able to log on. But this is a smaller issue compared to crashing every 10th game or so - as it was in the past.

#49 Darbbo

• PipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 54 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 09:49 PM

This was posted by PGI stating that the disconnects are a problem on their end so talking about punishing people who get frequent disconnects should end now cuz you aint helping.

https://www.mwomercs...g-server-issues

#50 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 26 July 2017 - 11:40 PM

Personally, I would like PGI to track the difference between "game crashed / connection crashed" disconnects, and the "I don't like this mode/map/opposing team" type disconnects.

The first cannot be helped.

The second should be heavily penalized.

#51 Angel of Annihilation

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 09:11 AM

I get disconnect fairly often though this is a fairly recent issue for me. Most of the time my game crashes in the transition between the waiting for match lobby and actually launching the match. All I get is a black screen but get full sound. What is worse is that I can't do anything, even alt tab out or ctrl-alt-delete to the task manager to end the game. I literally have to wait until crash dialog box comes up before I can ctrl-alt-delete and end the now not responding MWO client. Takes me a good 2-3 minutes or more to get back into the game if I am lucky and often by that time I am dead.

Happens about 1 out of every 15-20 matches.

#52 Trev Firestorm

• The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 01:15 PM

Yeah, lets not punish people for PGI's mistakes.

#53 GA1NAX

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 97 posts
  • LocationIn Soviet Russia... scratching bears)))

Posted 27 July 2017 - 01:38 PM

MAINTENANCE IS COMMINGPosted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users