#21 Roughneck45

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 23 May 2017 - 12:43 PM

View PostFireStoat, on 23 May 2017 - 12:36 PM, said:

Please explain to me why you think 23 other people should be understanding of your disconnect rate every time you enter a match?

Because its been happening since day one and the problem may or may not be on their end.

Not saying its good, or that you can't or shouldn't be mad, but its always been a problem.

Edited by Roughneck45, 23 May 2017 - 12:44 PM.

#22 JadePanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 967 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 04:29 PM

View PostKhobai, on 22 May 2017 - 09:07 PM, said:

a lot of times people disconnect because the game crashes. then when they try to rejoin it crashes again. repeatedly.

I dont think people should be overly penalized for disconnecting when the main reason for disconnects is PGI's client being unstable.

Fix the game crashing constantly first. Then maybe disconnect penalties could be a thing.

problem is that crashes can be manufactured. with no penalty u can just force crash matches u dont like.

as for stability.. stability was really bad way back in beta when it used to be that we rebooted the client every 4 or 5 matches because otherwise bad crashes would definetly happen on the next match possibly desync'ng the server.. and there was a phase where desyncs were running horribly rampant..

#23 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,366 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 05:53 PM

View PostBurke IV, on 23 May 2017 - 11:42 AM, said:

When it happens alt tab and end the process, you should drop to desktop with the lancher still there. You can get back in quite fast.

Usually, if a crash happens, its a Black Screen or sometimes a Blue Screen and needs a reboot, even reconnecting with no Crash takes more than a Minute usually but as i played not much lately i cant say if it is better by now.

The Update b4 the latest update made the game hang on Startupscreen and i had to download it für 35hours bcs i am on a 1Mbit Connection at best to test if reinstalling helps (which it did).

#24 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,366 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 06:00 PM

View Postmeteorol, on 23 May 2017 - 11:41 AM, said:

Yes. And both Win8 and 10 didn't produce crashes in MWO. I don't really know what people do to get their systems so unstable.

Well, i can play games like Civ6, Witcher, GTA, FM17 and whatever i play für hours and even for days/weeks with no crash, no need for a reboot - only MWO is a different beast and maybe bcs its the only game using Cry-Engine i play.
Win10 likes to dc me when it starts downloading updates for example.
And probably Sound has something to do with some of the crashes.

#25 Bellum Dominum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hitman
  • The Hitman
  • 592 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 07:43 PM

View PostThorqemada, on 23 May 2017 - 05:53 PM, said:

Usually, if a crash happens, its a Black Screen or sometimes a Blue Screen and needs a reboot, even reconnecting with no Crash takes more than a Minute usually but as i played not much lately i cant say if it is better by now.

The Update b4 the latest update made the game hang on Startupscreen and i had to download it für 35hours bcs i am on a 1Mbit Connection at best to test if reinstalling helps (which it did).

1meg connection alone is going to cause connection issues "hangs' for you. feel for ya man

#26 MattNovaCat

• PipPip
  • The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 46 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 07:51 PM

1 match tonight saw 8 players DC (4 on each side). 4 of them had multiple DCs in the match. The servers are wonky.

#27 Aggravated Assault Mech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 825 posts
  • Locationlocation location

Posted 23 May 2017 - 08:29 PM

View PostFireStoat, on 23 May 2017 - 12:36 PM, said:

No. Not buying it. Your claim that disconnecting from every 4th game 'happens to a lot of players' is simply untrue and it boggles my mind you even said it. The very vast majority of players of this game are close to being like myself - a disconnect or crash possibly once every few MONTHS of play.

I don't believe I'm incorrect for simply wanting PGI to follow the same steps other companies have with rewarding players who play the game with the understanding that others are counting on them for a shared past time experience. But I'll go ahead and turn it around just for a moment.

Please explain to me why you think 23 other people should be understanding of your disconnect rate every time you enter a match?

Are you delusional? Apparently this is a big enough issue to cause you to make a thread about how people that disconnect should be punished, but you don't believe someone telling you that crashing often is common? Have you played any other videogame online?

Personally I crash maybe once every 10 games- always as the game starts, and I can get back in fast enough to catch up with the assaults. It's just enough that I'd never take this game seriously, but not quite enough that I'd stop playing completely. I also know this isn't a personal problem, because I'm also aware that it's disturbingly common to have games where players on both sides actually disconnect compared to WT and WoT where players disconnecting, or never connecting is comparatively rare (and not because there is a low-priority queue people are trying to avoid).

Your hardware setup happens to agree with the architecture of MWO. I'm running an i7-6700, a GTX 970 and 8gb of ram. It's not like my computer is trash for playing a five year old game, but for whatever reason there's a gamebreaking hiccup sometimes when the timer reaches zero and the match starts. My fault? Sorry, not buying it.

This ultimately has nothing to do with "why 23 other people should be understanding", and rather with the fact that this game is significantly less stable than comparable titles- WoT, WoWS, WT, AW, LOL, DOTA2, OW, CS:GO etc. All signs point to this being a PGI problem, not something players should be punished for, and certainly not something that would demand a more complicated queueing system for an already small game with a small dev team.

View PostRoughneck45, on 23 May 2017 - 12:43 PM, said:

Because its been happening since day one and the problem may or may not be on their end.

Not saying its good, or that you can't or shouldn't be mad, but its always been a problem.

No, the worst thing about it is that it hasn't been happening since day one. The game was significantly more stable in closed beta.

Somewhere along the way something was broken and never fixed.

#28 FireStoat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 08:43 PM

View PostAggravated Assault Mech, on 23 May 2017 - 08:29 PM, said:

Are you delusional? Apparently this is a big enough issue to cause you to make a thread about how people that disconnect should be punished, but you don't believe someone telling you that crashing often is common? Have you played any other videogame online?

Not delusional, I just happen to have a decent amount of computer knowledge to optimize an operating system and research my own issues that I might have with a machine so that i get a very reliable gaming experience with any game that my OS and hardware can manage. Several others have responded that like myself, they have very little or no issues with game stability.

Perhaps we're lucky. Or perhaps we simply know what we're doing and don't have virus infected potato computers trying to deal with an unstable CPU load. Either way, my post was about two things -

1) Has the recent patch added to game instability for some players? And I guess it has. Perhaps that is something PGI needs to address.

And 2) Would other players who have little or no issues with game stability or disconnecting prefer to play in a preferred queue with other players who have pristine game match records of not dropping? I got my answer for that as well, which was a "yes".

The thread can die at this point, because I already got the answer for the unspoken question. Would players who have moderate or even severely unstable performance of the game be willing to embrace that form of randomness with other players with the same issue? Oh dear... that one would require a bit too much honesty for some.

Edited by FireStoat, 23 May 2017 - 08:43 PM.

#29 Aggravated Assault Mech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 825 posts
  • Locationlocation location

Posted 23 May 2017 - 09:12 PM

View PostFireStoat, on 23 May 2017 - 08:43 PM, said:

Perhaps we're lucky. Or perhaps we simply know what we're doing and don't have virus infected potato computers trying to deal with an unstable CPU load. Either way, my post was about two things -

It isn't just an issue with this patch. The game has chronic stability issues that most players have simply been conditioned to accept as a part of life- it has literally nothing to do with "virus infected potato computers". Nobody ******* cares in MWO because the game is obviously an unstable mess with players being disconnected every second match for whatever reason.

By comparison, disconnects in WoT are treated harshly by the playerbase simply because the client is stable enough that all disconnects are assumed to be intentional. You simply don't have disconnects in WoT (any of the game I listed, frankly) at remotely the same rate as in MWO.

But go ahead, you can stomp your feet about how you want to sit in a priority queue for five minutes while the rest of us can just read between the lines at the announcement that MW5 is going to be built on the Unreal engine and not the Cryeshit that MWO has been saddled with.

Edited by Aggravated Assault Mech, 23 May 2017 - 09:13 PM.

#30 Relishcakes

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 337 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 09:42 PM

View PostFireStoat, on 22 May 2017 - 08:02 PM, said:

I've been playing this game for over a half year. Regardless of how great or poor my skill is, or how quickly I've advanced in Tiers, one thing has stayed the same - I have an extremely low disconnect ratio from matches. I am fairly certain I have less than 5 since I've started last September.

Ever since the patch dropped for the skill tree, the amount of disconnected players from a match has sharply increased for my games. What's more, I've started to recognize the names of players who repeatedly disconnect in matches on both team sides.

I'd like to propose that PGI internally track a player's account for Disconnects and intentionally flag players who are very reliable in loading into a match and playing it through (at least until they die) without an issue. Then, I would like PGI to funnel reliable players to be matched against each other in a priority pool so they can enjoy a game experience with a more reliable match of full teams.

Other game companies do this, with Riot Games and their League of Legends being one of them. People that have a habit of dropping games over time suddenly find themselves matched up with other players with unreliable connections. They've been doing this since 2011.

What are other players' feelings on this issue? Am I the only one that has seemed to hit a rough streak of discos during an evening's string of games?

While i understand and agree. I also have to say that while i personally dont normally disconnect, when i do its because the **** crashes, or for whatever reason my internet takes a ****. The issue is even if you keep coming back, if you DC after the 2 minute marker, you get penalized already, even if you're still alive and able to fight, it kills your mech and tells you you cant get a reward for doing anything after 2 minutes and then gives you a leaver penalty of like 10 min or some ****.

#31 Eboli

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,148 posts
  • LocationCanberra, Australia

Posted 23 May 2017 - 11:06 PM

No mention that an ISP or maybe the modem could be the cause of drop outs... it is not always a person's PC or MWO...

#32 Gwahlur

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 462 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 12:47 AM

View PostThorqemada, on 23 May 2017 - 05:53 PM, said:

Usually, if a crash happens, its a Black Screen or sometimes a Blue Screen and needs a reboot,

That sounds serious. Did you run any diagnostics to see if your RAM is defective? You could (should) also go through and update all drivers.

There's also a program available that might help a lot of you with unstable systems, Razer Cortex https://www2.razerzo...om/cortex/boost

Give it a try and see if it helps.

View PostEboli, on 23 May 2017 - 11:06 PM, said:

No mention that an ISP or maybe the modem could be the cause of drop outs... it is not always a person's PC or MWO...

Those are also factors that one has the power to fix.

#33 Burke IV

• Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 02:15 AM

I would stay well away from razer, cortex or any form of "game booster" whatsoever if i was you. I cant remember exactly what it is about cortex, but there is a reason not to allow it near your pc and the word spyware comes to mind but i cant say why. Game boosters are bs, if you own a computer you ought to know your way around it well enough to to anything a game booster does, and best of all you will understand what is actually going on instead of it being a magic wand.

#34 Hindenhoot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 107 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 05:10 AM

View PostMattNovaCat, on 23 May 2017 - 07:51 PM, said:

1 match tonight saw 8 players DC (4 on each side). 4 of them had multiple DCs in the match. The servers are wonky.

Yeah tonight I had a couple of matches with very high numbers of disconnects, more than I've ever seen in 200 hours of play. I may have been in the match you are referring too, had 4 DCs each side on a match on Tourmaline.

#35 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 24 May 2017 - 06:56 AM

I think it's a new "balance" feature. Even though the tier system isn't used in FW, I think it's trying to determine which people on any given team need to be removed to insure the team it has chosen to win will win. At least it seems that way.

#36 HGAK47

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 971 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 07:02 AM

I would like to slate others and say that they must have wooden pc`s with 1800`s telephone switchboards as routers. I joke of course but I very rarely if ever get disconnects.

That being said recently I have noticed more than before. It must be terrible computers with terrible internet connections? I cant see why people should be getting more now.

Lets ask those who disconnect a lot.

#37 James The Fox Dixon

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,572 posts
  • LocationEpsilon Indi

Posted 24 May 2017 - 07:18 AM

View PostHGAK47, on 24 May 2017 - 07:02 AM, said:

I would like to slate others and say that they must have wooden pc`s with 1800`s telephone switchboards as routers. I joke of course but I very rarely if ever get disconnects.

That being said recently I have noticed more than before. It must be terrible computers with terrible internet connections? I cant see why people should be getting more now.

Lets ask those who disconnect a lot.

Hey now, I use guinea pigs to power my puter and it works just fine. :lol:

#38 HGAK47

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 971 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 07:22 AM

View PostJames The Fox Dixon, on 24 May 2017 - 07:18 AM, said:

Hey now, I use guinea pigs to power my puter and it works just fine. Posted Image

May as well!

Im sure PGI use hamsters to power the servers, full eco brah!

#39 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 24 May 2017 - 07:26 AM

About a month ago, I started getting disconnected at the lobby from almost every FP and QP match on the NA server.

I have had no disconnection problems in the five prior years.

My PC is only a year old and has a Core i7 chip with a GTX 1070 GFX. It's NOT my PC.

Edited by Appogee, 24 May 2017 - 07:27 AM.

#40 Gwahlur

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 462 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 04:48 PM

View PostBurke IV, on 24 May 2017 - 02:15 AM, said:

I would stay well away from razer, cortex or any form of "game booster" whatsoever if i was you. I cant remember exactly what it is about cortex, but there is a reason not to allow it near your pc and the word spyware comes to mind but i cant say why. Game boosters are bs, if you own a computer you ought to know your way around it well enough to to anything a game booster does, and best of all you will understand what is actually going on instead of it being a magic wand.

I agree, but there's a reason it exists: some people could benefit from it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users