7 replies to this topic

#1 JediPanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,086 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 26 May 2017 - 10:07 PM

Have looked at the just updated page for clan heroes I'm a bit confused. https://mwomercs.com...-iic-hero-mechs

The new weapons load out for the fury is nearly identical to a Spider 5k. SDR-5K Stock.

Other than two mg emplacements,one extra laser ,the c-bill bonus and clan advantage of no instant death on one side torso being destroyed why might some one spend money on it? Here's the info on hard points on the jenner:

Jenner IIC JR7-IIC-FY 'Fury'

Head -
Left Arm Heavy Machine Gun, Machine Gun x2
Left Torso Jump Jet, HMG Ammo, MG Ammo x3
Center Torso Engine, ER Medium Laser, Jump Jet
Right Torso Jump Jet, HMG Ammo x 2, MG Ammo x2
Right Arm Heavy Machine Gun, Machine Gun x2
Left Leg Jump Jet x2
Right Leg Jump Jet x2
HARDPOINTS
Head -
Left Arm 3 Ballistic (Actuators: Upper)
Left Torso 1 AMS
Center Torso 2 Energy
Right Torso 1 AMS
Right Arm 3 Ballistic (Actuators: Upper)

I know the Oxide was all missile and there was that 2c clan version that was all missile too. I just don't see why pgi would duplicate a nearly identical load out in a standard mech into a hero mech loadout. Ideas on why that might be? I might just get one just for the lol factor. I'm sure there are other instances of it happening but for the moment I'm posting late at night and have first shift so I can't reason it out. What are your thoughts on the build? Do the hvy mgs make that big of a difference vs regular mgs? Will you derp out with an ac 2? Shove an u/ac 20 making a clan rip off of the AC 20 Rvn 4x? Maybe just shove an lpl and go bigger badder lct-1v with it.

#2 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 26 May 2017 - 10:10 PM

Spider is IS mech, Fury is Clan mech. There you go. Mediocrity for both sides is only fair. Of course, Fury has 2 energy slots and can pack some additional punch with CMPLs.

Edited by El Bandito, 26 May 2017 - 10:31 PM.

#3 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 26 May 2017 - 10:20 PM

PGI probably got confused as to why the Spider 5K got played as a comp light, and figured the Clans need the same loadout in a light mech

#4 Darian DelFord

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 27 May 2017 - 04:34 AM

With as easy as a target the Jenners are, I really do not see this being any kind of an interesting mech. With those hard points it will be limited to a ballistics build of AC 5 maybe. I honestly can not see how this will be competitive at all compared to the rest of the IIC Jenners. At least the spider has decent hit boxes

#5 Escef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 27 May 2017 - 04:45 AM

View PostDarian DelFord, on 27 May 2017 - 04:34 AM, said:

With as easy as a target the Jenners are, I really do not see this being any kind of an interesting mech. With those hard points it will be limited to a ballistics build of AC 5 maybe. I honestly can not see how this will be competitive at all compared to the rest of the IIC Jenners. At least the spider has decent hit boxes

Um, yeah, 6xHMG and your choice of LPL, ERPPC, HLL, or 2xMPL? I don't know about "competitive", but it will hold its own in the QP queues.

#6 Juodas Varnas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 27 May 2017 - 05:06 AM

Pretty sure it can still cram Large lasers into the CT, right? Since Clan ones only take up a single slot.

#7 WrathOfDeadguy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 08:56 AM

Ain't no IS Spider ever gonna be sticking a UAC20 in its arm, or 2xERLL in its CT. Or, for that matter, carrying 6xMGs instead of only 4. Or running any high mounts at all.

The base loadout concept is similar, but at stock doth the similarities end.

#8 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 27 May 2017 - 10:19 AM

It's like the 6 MG Spider, but having a second energy hardpoint makes it that much more DEVASTATING to the back of a Kodiak!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users