54 replies to this topic

#21 zortesh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 624 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 02:41 AM

Personal lrm builds I use are.

warhawk-b narc 3xlrm15 3medlasers and a large laser( 4 med pulse would prob ably be better but meh)
its quirks + skill tree give it a narc beacon it can fire out to 740 meters and will last just over a minute, and can be placed in a hardpoint above your mechs head.

hunchback iic 2lrm15 lrm 10 narc beacon and 2 med lasers, poptart narc beacons, rain till enemy dead, repeat.

timberwolf 2 lrm15 1lrm10 narc beacon 4 med lasers, same as hunchie.. poptart/poke with narc beacons, then profit.

#22 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 29 May 2017 - 02:45 AM

View PostRoadbuster, on 29 May 2017 - 02:29 AM, said:

People underestimate AMS big time. It's funny to see people cry about LRM boats, but same people refuse to equip AMS.

It become a bad habbit to look out for LRM swarms and run there with my tripple AMS +2 Overload and shoot them down.
As a troll even dropped the skills for Radar Derp to get even more LRMs aimed at mePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#23 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,934 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 29 May 2017 - 04:15 AM

View PostRoadbuster, on 29 May 2017 - 02:29 AM, said:

I'm using a Warhawk, a Timber and a Mad Dog with LRMs in mixed loadouts, never go pure LRM/SRM.

But these days you either need big launchers or alot of ammo.
Tried running a LRM50 Battlemaster this weekend. In some matches I had to fire all launchers at once to break through AMS and deal at least a little bit of damage.

People underestimate AMS big time. It's funny to see people cry about LRM boats, but same people refuse to equip AMS.

That's my plan. My thought was a 2ALRM10 and 6ERML Timby, but few seem to think that is a good idea, so I am now thinking of alternatives. But yeah...I'm not looking to make a boat, but just something to give me a taste of how LRMs perform as a filt... as as clanner.

Edited by Bud Crue, 29 May 2017 - 04:18 AM.

#24 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,104 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 29 May 2017 - 04:22 AM

In my experience, the best LRM platform is actually TBR-S. It's decently armored, decently fast to relocate, has Jump Jets. Screw Mad-Dog.

The best LRM boat is TBR-S LRM-Boat, 4x LRM10A [1080] + 4x ERML, 17 DHS, but now my go-to is TBR-S Hyrbid LRMs - 2x LRM15A [900] + 2x SSRM6 [300] + 4x ERML, so i'm not completely screwed at mid-range.

#25 Burke IV

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 04:23 AM

Pre tree builds, but give them a try no matter what they look like on paper. I ran this MDD for a long time. It takes a bit of thougthful skill and positioning to run it.

Then the HMN arrives and its like easymode crutch mech in comparason. Boing whoosh boing whoosh. Be one of teh first to contact the nme and harrass them constantly for the entire game without mercy :)

After playing these i looked at IS mechs and felt bad for them and their LRMs

#26 Roadbuster

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,437 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 29 May 2017 - 04:24 AM

View PostBud Crue, on 29 May 2017 - 04:15 AM, said:

That's my plan. My thought was a 2ALRM10 and 6ERML Timby, but no one seems to think that is a good idea, so I am now thinking of alternatives. But yeah...I'm not looking to make a boat, but just something to give me a taste of how LRMs perform as a filt... as as clanner.

Ya, LRM10 and LRM15 are the most common launchers. Can't go wrong with them.
I think I have 2xLRM15 (don't remember if with artemis or not), TAG and 4MPL on the Timber.

Also, don't believe everything people tell you. Just try it. What doesn't work for one can be the optimum for someone else.

#27 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,934 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 29 May 2017 - 04:27 AM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 29 May 2017 - 04:22 AM, said:

In my experience, the best LRM platform is actually TBR-S. It's decently armored, decently fast to relocate, has Jump Jets. Screw Mad-Dog.

The best LRM boat is TBR-S LRM-Boat, 4x LRM10A [1080] + 4x ERML, 17 DHS, but now my go-to is TBR-S Hyrbid LRMs - 2x LRM15A [900] + 2x SSRM6 [300] + 4x ERML, so i'm not completely screwed at mid-range.

You, Leone and JC have convinced me. Will try the Timber...and likely all of your builds as well. Though I will probably buy the Maddog as well, because wth.

Thanks all.

#28 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,104 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 29 May 2017 - 04:28 AM

View PostRestosIII, on 28 May 2017 - 06:22 PM, said:

Those missile ears are a death sentence. That's why it's not.

Not if you're hyrbridizing LRMs and SSRMs. :P

Posted Image

View PostBud Crue, on 29 May 2017 - 04:27 AM, said:

You, Leone and JC have convinced me. Will try the Timber...and likely all of your builds as well. Though I will probably buy the Maddog as well, because wth.

Thanks all.

You should take a look here too: https://mwomercs.com...er-wolf-builds/

Here's the complete builds with skills.

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 01 February 2017 - 08:57 PM, said:

TBR-S LRM-Boat - (4x LRM10A [1080], 4x ML, 17 DHS, CAP)

Uses the TBR-S variant, for it's JJ.

Tempting as 4x LRM15A, no, the best lrms are LRM10As, they are tighter and have shorter stream, better ammo efficiency. There are 4x ERML, use it, get your own locks, don't rely on allied locks too much, and shoot them whenever you can. Strive to be able to shoot your Lasers first before your LRMs.

Keep moving, and always flank. Lurm at best within 400m, 600m on brawling allied, UAVs or any stable allied locks, and 800m on extreme circumstances like Polar Highlands and Alpine Peaks with good allied locks.

Skills
Spoiler

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 01 February 2017 - 08:57 PM, said:

TBR-S SSRM-LRM Hybrid - (2x LRM15A [720] + 2x SSRM6 [300] + 4x ERML, 15 DHS, CAP)

If you prefer hybrid builds like me, here's a non-meta SSRM-LRM build for you. Combination 2x SSRM6 and LRM15As shoots 55.8 damage at a single missile volley, as opposed of the 40 damage of 4x LRM10As that hits ghost-heat when group-fired. This also reduces your shoulder profile a little bit, because the SSRMs would be on the shoulder, than ears with the center torso.

SSRM6s also provides deterrence against enemy lights that decide to hound after you. Of course being under ECM means you can't lock, so it's best be with your team for backup, don't hang back and wander off. Being able to fend off lights does not mean that you only use SSRM for backup anti-light, no it's a primary weapon too -- it's best used whenever you can with the LRMs cause it shares locks. However be smart about it, as the SSRMs targetting the bones means that even if it's fire and forget, and the enemy is not fully concealed, some of the missiles may hit the ground.

The Short-Range nature of SSRMs means you need to get close, within 360m (396m with module). As with normal LRM boating style, get your own locks, strive to be able to use ALL of your weapons, so that means you also need to get a bit close to use your SSRM.

Skills
Spoiler

Edited by The6thMessenger, 29 May 2017 - 04:43 AM.

#29 Acehilator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 667 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 May 2017 - 05:11 AM

View PostBud Crue, on 29 May 2017 - 04:15 AM, said:

That's my plan. My thought was a 2ALRM10 and 6ERML Timby, but few seem to think that is a good idea, so I am now thinking of alternatives. But yeah...I'm not looking to make a boat, but just something to give me a taste of how LRMs perform as a filt... as as clanner.

Hybrid builds are generally not a good idea. Clan LRMs are lightweight, but still not worth the decreased performance for your direct fire weapons. 20-30 tubes Clan LRMs are not going to set the world on fire. Go big or go home. 40 tubes I would consider the absolute minimum, but only use the Maddog if you are extremely uncomfortable using slow Mechs.

Otherwise, Highlander IIC - B. 325XL, 4x ALRM15, 2x LPL, BAP, fill according to preferences (I am running TC1, JJ, AMS, 16 DHS, 8t ammo with Missile Rack 2 node). I would consider this build easier to play when new to lurming, the ALRM80 Supernova is more punishing and more team dependent.

#30 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,012 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 29 May 2017 - 05:27 AM

my Tri Pwr TW

Posted Image

Orion IIC C

Posted Image

Orion IIC

Posted Image

#31 Savage Wolf

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 1,323 posts
  • LocationÅrhus, Denmark

Posted 29 May 2017 - 05:54 AM

View PostAcehilator, on 29 May 2017 - 05:11 AM, said:

Hybrid builds are generally not a good idea. Clan LRMs are lightweight, but still not worth the decreased performance for your direct fire weapons. 20-30 tubes Clan LRMs are not going to set the world on fire. Go big or go home. 40 tubes I would consider the absolute minimum, but only use the Maddog if you are extremely uncomfortable using slow Mechs.

Otherwise, Highlander IIC - B. 325XL, 4x ALRM15, 2x LPL, BAP, fill according to preferences (I am running TC1, JJ, AMS, 16 DHS, 8t ammo with Missile Rack 2 node). I would consider this build easier to play when new to lurming, the ALRM80 Supernova is more punishing and more team dependent.

Damn, couldn't disagree more. If you go full boat you are way too vulnerable to fast mechs that get under your minimum range. And if you use assaults you are too slow to position yourself correctly or avoid before mentioned fast mechs.

And while less tubes are more vulnerable to AMS coverage, they are also not your only option because you have other weapons. And with increased mobility you can either user your backup weapons to take out the AMS or ECM mech or you can simply position yourself to target other mechs, not under AMS/ECM cover.

And really, it's not hard to bring 40 tubes on clans mechs anyway. That's why the MDD is so good. 40 tubes, Artemis, plently space for backup weapons and enough mobility to utilize it.
It's not surprising that my IS equalant is a Catapult C1 with the same loadout.

#32 NoiseCrypt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 596 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 29 May 2017 - 07:16 AM

Jenner IIC with LRM5s and NARC

#33 QuantumButler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,534 posts
  • LocationTaiwan, One True China

Posted 29 May 2017 - 07:19 AM

Scarecrow with lbx20 and 3 x regular srm6 or aSRM4s is a fun shotgun build.

#34 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 29 May 2017 - 07:35 AM

View PostQuantumButler, on 29 May 2017 - 07:19 AM, said:

Scarecrow with lbx20 and 3 x regular srm6 or aSRM4s is a fun shotgun build.

Scarecrow?
We don't have the Vulcan in the game. Yet.

#35 Angel of Annihilation

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,881 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 07:45 AM

View PostCed Riggs, on 28 May 2017 - 08:45 PM, said:

All these great mech misused to carry lens LRMs disgust me. Especially the Warhawk and the Supernova. I mean, fine, if you're keen on getting pushed and killed by anything that can walk forward, go ahead.

I accept LRM Maddogs, even if Splatdogs are superior in field presence and damage potential. But those other suggestions make my skin crawl. LRMs are the path to badness.

Personally I find the Warhawk too weak to do anything but LRM any more and it does a pretty good job at it as well. Also the path to badness is when you boat LRMs to the exclusion of all other weapons. Alway, Always have some lasers as back up and with a Warhawk or even a Supernova you can have plenty of them. I usually run 4 ER MLs on my Warhawk LRM boat. That is super top end brawling firepower but it is still 28 points of short range, no ammo, direct fire alpha to discourage anyone thinking they can rush you without paying a price for it.

Supernova can do it even better. You can load up 4 x LRM20 + Artemis, 4 ER MLs, and 1800 LRMs if you feel you have the need.

#36 Acehilator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 667 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 May 2017 - 08:18 AM

View PostSavage Wolf, on 29 May 2017 - 05:54 AM, said:

Damn, couldn't disagree more. If you go full boat you are way too vulnerable to fast mechs that get under your minimum range. And if you use assaults you are too slow to position yourself correctly or avoid before mentioned fast mechs.

And while less tubes are more vulnerable to AMS coverage, they are also not your only option because you have other weapons. And with increased mobility you can either user your backup weapons to take out the AMS or ECM mech or you can simply position yourself to target other mechs, not under AMS/ECM cover.

And really, it's not hard to bring 40 tubes on clans mechs anyway. That's why the MDD is so good. 40 tubes, Artemis, plently space for backup weapons and enough mobility to utilize it.
It's not surprising that my IS equalant is a Catapult C1 with the same loadout.

No problem with using an Assault, you just hang out with your other Assaults and slow Heavies. Brawler Assaults got murdered by the skilltree, so except for some Atlas pilots everybody is running medium/long or dedicated long range setups anyways. Two LPLs on the Highlander or three MPLs on the Supernova are totally fine as backup weapons - that is the whole reason to use Assaults, you can boat 60+ tubes and still bring enough backup. And if a Locust or Cheetah wants to rush you, he will succeed at that, even in a Mad Dog. But you should be comfortable piloting Assaults in the first place... if you aren't, than you are going to have a hard time.

#37 Tordin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 29 May 2017 - 08:23 AM

Mad Dog A, Supernova A, Nigh Gyr D, Warhawk A/B I prefer the Vulture but the others works well too.

Edited by Tordin, 29 May 2017 - 08:25 AM.

#38 iliketurtles87

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 65 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 08:26 AM

Scorch with 4 x lrm10 and 2x Uac10 and tag, bap etc.
  • The LRM launchers are looking upwarts, so you shoot rarely into obstacles.
  • fast and tanky mech
  • powerfull secondarys
bad things:it cost money. It might be not the best,but not bad either.

#39 Puppy Monkey Baby

• PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 08:27 AM

Highlander IIC. 4 x LRM 20, TAG, 1 ERPPC.

I call it "Rain".

#40 Savage Wolf

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 1,323 posts
  • LocationÅrhus, Denmark

Posted 29 May 2017 - 08:28 AM

View PostAcehilator, on 29 May 2017 - 08:18 AM, said:

No problem with using an Assault, you just hang out with your other Assaults and slow Heavies.

At the front? If your assaults aren't at the front, your team is doing something wrong. What good is armor in the back?

Brawler Assaults got murdered by the skilltree, so except for some Atlas pilots everybody is running medium/long or dedicated long range setups anyways.

My Scorch disagrees with you. My Mauler disagrees with you.

Two LPLs on the Highlander or three MPLs on the Supernova are totally fine as backup weapons - that is the whole reason to use Assaults, you can boat 60+ tubes and still bring enough backup.

LPLs maybe because of range, but how do you intent to use MPLs from the back? Once you are in range with those, you have already lost.

And if a Locust or Cheetah wants to rush you, he will succeed at that, even in a Mad Dog. But you should be comfortable piloting Assaults in the first place... if you aren't, than you are going to have a hard time.

If you can't handle lights just because you are in an assault then you don't know how to use assault mechs. Yes, they have superior mobility, but non-LRM assault can still fight back and be dangerous.

16 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 16 guests, 0 anonymous users