Devpost Balance

259 replies to this topic

#101 Nighthawk513

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 234 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 04:58 PM

View PostCarl Vickers, on 29 May 2017 - 04:49 PM, said:

It is my suspicion that it is very hard to afford said double cool shots and arties/air strikes without premium time. Most players will be losing cash per match very quickly so PGI made them more expensive to make premium time more valuable.
Just to add, removing the premium time from mech packs helped with this too.

Surely you dont have issues making 120-160k a match?
Worse case requires you to make 640k in a 4 wave faction match. If you are killing mechs instead of only objective rushing siege, shouldn't be an issue.

#102 Carl Vickers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 29 May 2017 - 05:05 PM

View PostNighthawk513, on 29 May 2017 - 04:58 PM, said:

Surely you dont have issues making 120-160k a match?
Worse case requires you to make 640k in a 4 wave faction match. If you are killing mechs instead of only objective rushing siege, shouldn't be an issue.

Didnt say I had an issue with it, just what I thought it looked like. I have 550 million space bucks in the bank with enough premium time to get through the rest of the year, and still make cash good cash in QP and FP after using consumables.

I do know a lot of other players who arent in the same situation as me who arent using consumables due to the expense.

#103 Emden

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 99 posts

KGC nerf? do they not want folks to play that Mech? Don't go crazy with the Nerf-Stick. The KGC just got nerfed with that tree.... and just being a KGC in the first place.... low knuckle dragging claws... no twist to speak of.... oh yea...speed. What will be the Nerf? chop off a claw?

#104 Marius Evander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

I hope Black Knight is getting either its rescale or shoulder quirk reduction reverted.

#105 Sezneg

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 05:11 PM

View PostChris Lowrey, on 29 May 2017 - 12:56 PM, said:

This is the queue for people attempting to drop into a match, not the queue for what 'Mech's are being taken into the matches. All this image shows is that if you are entering the Match Making Queue, you will drop into matches faster if you take a Light 'Mech. It is not an accurate depiction of the tonnage distribution for the matches themselves.

Nor am I saying that I'm satisfied with the current state. Which is why we are sharing our current findings with everyone to show the current trajectory from the past few weeks and planning further actions through upcoming patches.

DO you have the ability to separate damage caused by strike consumables from damage caused by mechs?

#106 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,935 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 29 May 2017 - 05:31 PM

Another question Chris: You mention that IS lights overall are seeing the biggest improvements from the skills tree.
You also mention that the Raven has the 2nd greatest improvement in W/L rate. You've given us generalities, but I am really curious as to the variant level data. To wit:

How's the Huggin? Is it really stomping in the manner you suggest (ALL Ravens having improvements in WL or just some Ravens)?

Same thing with the Grasshopper 5J. You say Hoppers are overall 3rd highest improvement with KDR. Is that just the 5P and 5H?

Same thing with the Dragons. Is your citation just to the 1C or all Dragons?

etc.

#107 CJ Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 222 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 05:34 PM

View PostTarogato, on 29 May 2017 - 04:44 PM, said:

On the one hand, you can't ignore the effects of double coolshots and arty. They are a part of the game, and they are a part of the balance as they strongly affect which mechs are viable.

On the other hand, you also can't ignore that double coolshots and arty is just stupid. Absolutely ridiculous, and has no business being in this game. If I could name two things that swinged balance the most this patch, it would be the coolshots and arty, in order. No question, no doubt.

You are also talking about group play.. Seeing most of the players play QP, those are used lots less frequently. So when a mech is performing much better in QP than it was previously, then that does say something. People are making tons of assumptions from the tiny bit of info they have given us.

air/art are lore things, so is flush.. I don't really have an issue with either in the QP arena. But i honestly could care less if they stayed or went. for me, most of the time i'll use UAV's, can help with brawling in rugged areas, but now with sensors i use it less.

#108 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,104 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 29 May 2017 - 05:42 PM

I don't understand, so KGC is underperforming or over performing?

Also why is "Facebook" reading this?

#109 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,935 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 05:48 PM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 29 May 2017 - 05:42 PM, said:

I don't understand, so KGC is underperforming or over performing?

Also why is "Facebook" reading this?

Same thing with the Black Knight.

Are they really going to nerf the BK...again?!

I am so glad I am playing mostly qurikless clan mechs now. The predictability is refreshing.

#110 Exard3k

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,010 posts
  • LocationEast Frisia in Germany

Posted 29 May 2017 - 06:06 PM

View PostBud Crue, on 29 May 2017 - 05:48 PM, said:

I am so glad I am playing mostly qurikless clan mechs now. The predictability is refreshing.

Be scared of agility nerfs then. Torso Yaw Angle 60° doesn't frighten you? :)

#111 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,935 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 06:13 PM

View PostExard3k, on 29 May 2017 - 06:06 PM, said:

Be scared of agility nerfs then. Torso Yaw Angle 60° doesn't frighten you? Posted Image

Meh. I only play the 65 ton heavies (though I plan to buy a Timber) and lighter. So dumping on the Kodiak fills me with no trepidation whatsoever and I can't see the Ebon or Hellbringer being considered an over performer even under PGI's questionable data analysis, so no worries on those getting hit with the nerf bat. Besides, based on historical precedence, if either of those is indeed over performing according to PGI, they will just do something like nerf the Enforcer or Shadowhawk as opposed to the mech actually causing the problems.

#112 Sezneg

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 07:15 PM

I worry they are including strike damage. Strike damage can make ANY MECH LOOK GOOD when used against mindless pugs who stand still:

http://imgur.com/a/awa4g

#113 chucklesMuch

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,424 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 29 May 2017 - 08:01 PM

View PostVxheous Kerensky, on 29 May 2017 - 02:46 PM, said:

Yeah, I was going to buy the Mad Cat Mk II, but since we're past the early adopter pre-order, I'll just wait until it's actually released to see what kind of specs it's going to have for accel/decel/etc.

I have but if they nerf the mad iic and the already lumbering I don't enjoying playing gyr into obilvion I'm going to reconsider. As even if it's okay for release. it would seems any gauss/peeps platform is apparently meant to handle like a dump truck (and maybe that is needed for balance), but I don't enjoying piloting them, so it would be a waste of my money.

Edit: I mean if they 'balance' by nerfing agility into the ground. as don't enjoy poor agility and so i wouldn't end up using them and thus no point buying them. (Not I'm uninstalling rage quiting etc)

Edited by chucklesMuch, 29 May 2017 - 08:19 PM.

#114 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 29 May 2017 - 08:02 PM

View PostScout Derek, on 29 May 2017 - 10:22 AM, said:

Actually, moreover a nerf for the KGC I would think in the future. With the coming of new weapons and equipment, a KGC will be able to mount 2 Ultra AC/20s. That's double the damage of a KGC with just regular dual AC/20s, that's quite a bit, 40 more points of damage.

Also, thanks for the info Chris, appreciate it.

Dual UAC 20's on the clan side get Spooky heat on double tabs, i imagine they will use the weapon to balance it rather then the mech like they have in the past.

They exist now with no nerf other then that

Hopefully they buff many 100 tonners as most of them are crap right now and too slow. Engine decouple was the last nail in the coffin.

Edited by Revis Volek, 29 May 2017 - 08:04 PM.

#115 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 29 May 2017 - 08:14 PM

View PostRevis Volek, on 29 May 2017 - 08:02 PM, said:

Dual UAC 20's on the clan side get Spooky heat on double tabs, i imagine they will use the weapon to balance it rather then the mech like they have in the past.

They exist now with no nerf other then that

Hopefully they buff many 100 tonners as most of them are crap right now and too slow. Engine decouple was the last nail in the coffin.

we'll see soon enough. I'm at this point guessing. if the newer IS ultras are one shots, etc etc you know?

hopefully like you said 100 tonners get a small agility buff. believe me, alot of the 100tonners are sluggish as of now if not most of the mobility tree is used.

Though one thing is for sure, I'm doing alot Better with my huntsman than I ever did before the new skill tree. whether it's because of Mechs getting nerfed mobility wise or my huntsman getting buffs it never had, I'll never know.

#116 Navid A1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,938 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 29 May 2017 - 08:16 PM

What do you guys think about these as a realistic change to lasers?

C-LPL: range reduced to 500m (1000m) - damage reduced to 11 - heat reduced to 9 - duration decrease to 0.95
C-ERLL: Damage reduced to 10 - Duration reduced to 1.2 - Heat reduced to 9
C-ERML: heat reduced to 5 - damage reduced to 6
C-MPL: heat reduced to 5 - damage reduced to 7
C-ERSL: heat reduced to 2.5 - damage reduced to 4
C-SPL: heat reduced to 2.5 - damage reduced to 5

SL: Heat reduced to 1.5 - range increase to 170
SPL: Heat reduced to 1.5 - range increase to 135
ML: Heat reduced to 3.5 - range increase to 300
MPL: Heat reduced to 3.5 - range increase to 250
LL: Range increase to 500m
LPL: Range increase 400m - Duration to 0.75 - Damage reduced to 10
ERLL: Duration reduced to 1.1

Also for the new tech:

C-ERMicro: Damage: 2 - Heat: 0.5 - Duration: 0.75 - Range: 120m
C-HLL: Damage: 16 - Heat: 16 - Duration: 1.5 - Range: 450m
C-HML: Damage: 10 - Heat: 9 - Duration: 1.2 - Range: 270m
C-HSL: Damage: 6 - Heat: 5 - Duration: 1.0 - Range: 110m

IS:
ERML: Heat: 4 - Damage: 5 - Range: 400m - Duration 1.0
ERSL: Heat: 2 - Damage 3 - Range: 200m - Duration: 0.7

#117 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 29 May 2017 - 08:24 PM

View PostScout Derek, on 29 May 2017 - 08:14 PM, said:

we'll see soon enough. I'm at this point guessing. if the newer IS ultras are one shots, etc etc you know?

hopefully like you said 100 tonners get a small agility buff. believe me, alot of the 100tonners are sluggish as of now if not most of the mobility tree is used.

Though one thing is for sure, I'm doing alot Better with my huntsman than I ever did before the new skill tree. whether it's because of Mechs getting nerfed mobility wise or my huntsman getting buffs it never had, I'll never know.

IM also guessing here...

BUt even if they stuck with one shot, the double tap could have Spooky heat tacked onto it, even if its small. But a two shot PPFLD 40 dmg weapons is gonna be insane on mech like the KGC or even the MAL if they are allowed to swing them like fast heavies. But I personally would like to KGC to actually get some love. Its a sweet mech on paper but that roof actually take a lot of flak, sticks out like a sore thumb and if anyone is above you AT ALL (even a few meters) the mechs profile become impossible to miss....she doesnt pan out as well in drops as she does in the mechlab.

and for that reason alone i hope someone like Chris takes things like this into account when buffing or nerfing in the future. HOW THE MECH IS PLAYED AND GETS BEAT BY OTHERS.

#118 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 29 May 2017 - 08:29 PM

View PostRevis Volek, on 29 May 2017 - 08:24 PM, said:

IM also guessing here...

BUt even if they stuck with one shot, the double tap could have Spooky heat tacked onto it, even if its small. But a two shot PPFLD 40 dmg weapons is gonna be insane on mech like the KGC or even the MAL if they are allowed to swing them like fast heavies. But I personally would like to KGC to actually get some love. Its a sweet mech on paper but that roof actually take a lot of flak, sticks out like a sore thumb and if anyone is above you AT ALL (even a few meters) the mechs profile become impossible to miss....she doesnt pan out as well in drops as she does in the mechlab.

and for that reason alone i hope someone like Chris takes things like this into account when buffing or nerfing in the future. HOW THE MECH IS PLAYED AND GETS BEAT BY OTHERS.

Couldn't agree more, and I understand. The KGC is one assault I'm quite frankly not afraid of when in most of my Mechs. It needs either more armor or mobility once again. Cause it's got a wide front side, I can easily cherry pick any side of it as I choose.... and I've been on the receiving end too when piloting one.

#119 Marius Evander

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 08:52 PM

View PostSezneg, on 29 May 2017 - 07:15 PM, said:

Those images only show your damage done not the source, you only used strikes and did 800 damage ? or weapons aswell.......

#120 Dark Wooki33 IIC

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Demon
  • The Demon
  • 379 posts
  • LocationBlessed Saxony

Posted 29 May 2017 - 10:15 PM

View PostSezneg, on 29 May 2017 - 07:15 PM, said:

I worry they are including strike damage. Strike damage can make ANY MECH LOOK GOOD when used against mindless pugs who stand still:

http://imgur.com/a/awa4g

WHAT ARE YOU DOING?

Dont tell them before i got a 1k game in my mlx-d with an uac2 and 2ersml! Posted Image

21 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 21 guests, 0 anonymous users