Devpost Balance

259 replies to this topic

#141 Gwahlur

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 462 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 05:24 AM

View PostSezneg, on 29 May 2017 - 05:11 PM, said:

DO you have the ability to separate damage caused by strike consumables from damage caused by mechs?

I just got oneshotted by an airstrike in a survival specced panther. From fresh panther to dead panther in one airstrike.

#142 Sezneg

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 20 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 07:46 AM

View PostCadoazreal, on 29 May 2017 - 08:52 PM, said:

Those images only show your damage done not the source, you only used strikes and did 800 damage ? or weapons aswell.......

All of these games are using a spider 5-V , which is armed essentially with 2 med pulse lasers and the weight of the pilot's testicles. I'll let you do the math on how much of that damage was from a mech that needs to get within 250m to realistically do 3 DPS. (Spoiler alert, the strikes are more than 50% of the dmg)

Edited by Sezneg, 30 May 2017 - 07:47 AM.

#143 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 30 May 2017 - 07:46 AM

View PostGwahlur, on 30 May 2017 - 05:24 AM, said:

I just got oneshotted by an airstrike in a survival specced panther. From fresh panther to dead panther in one airstrike.

Did the end game screen show the strike as the only thing that damaged you? No weapons listed at all? If so, then you had to drop armor from somewhere because strikes cannot penetrate armor if there is armor there, it has to get blown off first.
(Or, you got hit by several strike munitions)

Edited by Prosperity Park, 30 May 2017 - 07:48 AM.

#144 KekistanWillRiseAgain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 07:58 AM

View PostProsperity Park, on 30 May 2017 - 07:46 AM, said:

Did the end game screen show the strike as the only thing that damaged you? No weapons listed at all? If so, then you had to drop armor from somewhere because strikes cannot penetrate armor if there is armor there, it has to get blown off first.
(Or, you got hit by several strike munitions)

Kinda the entire point of speccing out the strike skills... tighter bunchs of more salvos with greater accuracy. I only have a handful of Mechs where I did it but those are ridiculously nasty strikes

#145 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,792 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 30 May 2017 - 08:00 AM

So the MAD-IIC is going to get nerfed (probably overly nerfed) so I have to pilot the BLR-2C yet again........plz no. I'm so tired of the BLR-2C. Not sure how the BK ended up where it did given the NGR is still much better than the BK.

Edited by Quicksilver Kalasa, 30 May 2017 - 08:01 AM.

#146 KekistanWillRiseAgain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 08:20 AM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 30 May 2017 - 08:00 AM, said:

So the MAD-IIC is going to get nerfed (probably overly nerfed) so I have to pilot the BLR-2C yet again........plz no. I'm so tired of the BLR-2C. Not sure how the BK ended up where it did given the NGR is still much better than the BK.

It is being Buffed since it has been beaten with the Nerf Bat repeatedly... this being the third time it has been clubbed harder than terribad PUGs in I8 on Polar by LRMs

#147 Lightfoot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,612 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 30 May 2017 - 08:32 AM

• Night Gyr
  • Marauder IIC
  • King Crab
  • Firestarter
  • Black Knight......
All seem to have gotten worse due to engine de-sync even though they have gotten tougher armor from the resistance tree. But the resistance tree is universally equal and the above mechs all have larger CT hit-boxes than other mechs of their weight, so I hope this is some sort of message about an agility buff and not another unnecessary nerf.

Other than that nerfs now cost you CBills (lots) and SP points so don't screw--up the pooch.

#148 KekistanWillRiseAgain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 08:42 AM

View PostLightfoot, on 30 May 2017 - 08:32 AM, said:

• Night Gyr
  • Marauder IIC
  • King Crab
  • Firestarter
  • Black Knight......
All seem to have gotten worse due to engine de-sync even though they have gotten tougher armor from the resistance tree. But the resistance tree is universally equal and the above mechs all have larger CT hit-boxes than other mechs of their weight, so I hope this is some sort of message about an agility buff and not another unnecessary nerf.

Other than that nerfs now cost you CBills (lots) and SP points so don't screw--up the pooch.

worst
MAD-IIC & NTG need to be Nerfed since they are the 2 best mechs in the game & the others will be Buffed since they are the 3 worst mechs in the game. FS9 & BLK were promised a compensation after the Rescale (which came after the BLK already being beaten to death with the Nerf Bat) that never arrived and the KGC is just a terrible mech by every measurement possible.

#149 Steinkrieg

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 144 posts
  • LocationNOLA

Posted 30 May 2017 - 08:47 AM

View PostKekistanWillRiseAgain, on 30 May 2017 - 08:20 AM, said:

It is being Buffed since it has been beaten with the Nerf Bat repeatedly... this being the third time it has been clubbed harder than terribad PUGs in I8 on Polar by LRMs

I hope you're right. While some of the variants of the MaDeuce experienced some buffs due to the Ballistic and Missile Nodes, overall they feel like they have lost a bit of their punch.

What they did to the Kodiaks is unconscionable though. When a Mauler feels like it moves better and is more agile at 50.8 kph than a Kodiak at 69 kph, and the ridiculous ramp up for the MASC on the Spirit Bear when the MASC on the Executioner works like it did pre-skill tree, some has gone terribly wrong.

PGI used to do small tweaks to specific mechs or weapons systems over the period of a few months. They also used to try to buff underperforming mechs to create parity instead of nerf batting swaths of mechs. I don't know what brought about this asinine change in the way they balance the game now.

#150 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 08:48 AM

I'll laugh if they nerf the Black Knight as I've not seen one in my matches since the skill patch.

#151 cazidin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 08:49 AM

Excuse me again, Chris, but my original question was never answered. Maybe you can't, so let me ask a different one since you're the mechpack guy.

With the recent engine de-sync and the possibility of mechs having horrible agility out of the box, like Anhiliator or Mad Cat MK II, why should I buy these mechs? The former I already suspected would be mediocre™ and the latter is likely to be so good on it's base loadout, pod space and hard points that a pre-emptive nerf is likely.

#152 R Valentine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 08:54 AM

Marauder IIC is still king of assaults, and like I said a zillion times before the skill tree went live, it needs no agility tree. The engine de-sync barely touched it. I run mine agility free with all tank, guns, and misc nodes. Having 2 arty strikes, a UAV, and a cool shot makes me a happy MADIIC. And if they weren't hard enough to kill before the patch, add some more tank on and they're even harder now. Runs cooler too. Engine de-sync may have given the Kodiak a good whack, but it didn't touch the 85 tonners.

#153 Lightfoot

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,612 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 30 May 2017 - 08:57 AM

View PostKekistanWillRiseAgain, on 30 May 2017 - 08:42 AM, said:

worst
MAD-IIC & NTG need to be Nerfed since they are the 2 best mechs in the game & the others will be Buffed since they are the 3 worst mechs in the game. FS9 & BLK were promised a compensation after the Rescale (which came after the BLK already being beaten to death with the Nerf Bat) that never arrived and the KGC is just a terrible mech by every measurement possible.

My MAD IIc definately sucks more now than before the new skill tree. I think the competing mechs just got much better so I would advise caution in any nerfs at this early stage. Night Gyr never really thrilled me, too fragile with the oversized CT. It carries so much you can figure out a build that works, but it's a niche mech for sure.

BLK got a huge buff right after it came out and sucked, then the re-scale knocked it off it's pedestal, but it's still as good as a Night Gyr on hit-box size and can carry a huge number of energy weapons. I say you're splitting hairs and I hope the Devs are not. You should too because nerfs cost CBills and SP now.

#154 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,792 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 09:06 AM

View PostKekistanWillRiseAgain, on 30 May 2017 - 08:20 AM, said:

I would not bet on that, the BK is currently a solid mech and has seen some minor use at least by my team in MRBC. I would not be surprised if it gets the same treatment the Shadow Cat got.

View PostLightfoot, on 30 May 2017 - 08:57 AM, said:

My MAD IIc definately sucks more now than before the new skill tree.

Then you are doing it wrong, the MAD-IIC is the best assault in the game currently next to the Mauler and Battlemaster.

View PostLightfoot, on 30 May 2017 - 08:57 AM, said:

Night Gyr never really thrilled me, too fragile with the oversized CT. It carries so much you can figure out a build that works, but it's a niche mech for sure.

Again, you are doing it wrong, there is a reason comp teams love this mech and it is because it is versatile despite its speed deficiency. It and assaults pretty much swapped roles.

Edited by Quicksilver Kalasa, 30 May 2017 - 09:07 AM.

#155 Requiemking

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 2,479 posts
  • LocationStationed at the Iron Dingo's Base on Dumassas

Posted 30 May 2017 - 09:15 AM

View Postcazidin, on 30 May 2017 - 08:49 AM, said:

Excuse me again, Chris, but my original question was never answered. Maybe you can't, so let me ask a different one since you're the mechpack guy.

With the recent engine de-sync and the possibility of mechs having horrible agility out of the box, like Anhiliator or Mad Cat MK II, why should I buy these mechs? The former I already suspected would be mediocre™ and the latter is likely to be so good on it's base loadout, pod space and hard points that a pre-emptive nerf is likely.
Caz, this is PGI we are talking about. They don't need to have a good reason to nerf a mech out of the box. Note that every single one of the Civil War mechs were popular requests from MW4, with Imperius almost harassing Russ and co. over the Knockoff. I wouldn't be surprised if that junker came with Direwhale levels of agility and no quirks just to get back at Imperius.

Edited by Requiemking, 30 May 2017 - 09:28 AM.

#156 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 09:18 AM

View PostRuar, on 29 May 2017 - 02:37 PM, said:

I'm honestly surprised to see such a dramatic shift in some of those mechs. Makes me wonder if the decoupling is really what's driving the improvements instead of the skill tree.

That said, is there anything being done to track under used mechs and how they might be buffed?

Its nothing to do with the decoupling but the current quirks particularly armour/structure imo.

#157 Lightfoot

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,612 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 30 May 2017 - 09:20 AM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 30 May 2017 - 09:06 AM, said:

I would not bet on that, the BK is currently a solid mech and has seen some minor use at least by my team in MRBC. I would not be surprised if it gets the same treatment the Shadow Cat got.

Then you are doing it wrong, the MAD-IIC is the best assault in the game currently next to the Mauler and Battlemaster.

Again, you are doing it wrong, there is a reason comp teams love this mech and it is because it is versatile despite its speed deficiency. It and assaults pretty much swapped roles.

And the Black Knight is that much worse than the Night Gyr? I'd say the chassis and damage output possibilities are pretty close though the Night Gyr can't mount as many energy weapons (no room for heatsinks) and the BK can only mount energy.

The BK's problem is just that there are better 70-75 tonners in the Inner Sphere's mech hanger. Those other mechs have smaller CT's. Otherwise the Black Knight has all the tools it needs.

I am just wondering where all the calls for nerfs and buffs come from? Does a mech have to be the best? Or is a mech allowed to be the best? One will end up the best, but will the Devs nerf that one too? One thing is for sure if the Dev's ruin your mech you wasted a lot of time, CBills, and SP's on it. How long before you are broke?

#158 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,792 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 09:26 AM

View PostLightfoot, on 30 May 2017 - 09:20 AM, said:

And the Black Knight is that much worse than the Night Gyr?

Yes, while it is more durable it suffers range deficiencies (or heat, depends on the variant). That and the mounts limit its capabilities to pushing pretty much.

I'd say the chassis and damage output possibilities are pretty close though the Night Gyr can't mount as many energy weapons (no room for heatsinks) and the BK can only mount energy.

The Night Gyr doesn't need energy weapons, it has dual Gauss which gives it great sustained DPS, more than the BK has. That said, if you needed a good punch, Dual Gauss, cERPPC, and 3 cERML has a fantastic punch. The BK has never been about sustained firepower, it has always been about punching someone in the face with laser vomit.

The BK's problem is just that there are better 70-75 tonners in the Inner Sphere's mech hanger. Those other mechs have smaller CT's. Otherwise the Black Knight has all the tools it needs.

Not sure what you mean by smaller CTs, since the reason the BK is great is because it rolls damage better than any other IS heavy (and that includes the Marauder imo).

Edited by Quicksilver Kalasa, 30 May 2017 - 09:26 AM.

#159 cazidin

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 09:28 AM

View PostRequiemking, on 30 May 2017 - 09:15 AM, said:

Caz, this is PGI we are talking about. They don't need to have a good reason to need a mech out of the box. Note that every single one of the Civil War mechs were popular requests from MW4, with Imperius almost harassing Russ and co. over the Knockoff. I wouldn't be surprised if that junker came with Direwhale levels of agility and no quirks just to get back at Imperius.

Hey, I have a favorite mech too. If you look through my posts you'll find it hidden in EVERY SINGLE POST. Including this one.

GL finding it. Posted Image

#160 TorinZ

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 121 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 09:34 AM

I am curious to see what they will do with the BK. I built one out post skill tree and I like what it can do, it's not a meta build, but I found it entertaining. The problem I have with the mech is it's size, like, its height and mass, should you just move to an assault at that size, idk. Jump into a Warhammer and then the BK feels "huge". In the BK you almost feel like you look down on an Atlas.

Would be nice if we can start getting some details on the energy balance changes soon. I am sure it had to be done with the new tech coming. Would also love to see some info on the new tech stats as well. Their release isn't that far away now.

49 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 49 guests, 0 anonymous users