259 replies to this topic

#61 Notorious Meerkat

• PipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 72 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 01:44 PM

View PostChris Lowrey, on 29 May 2017 - 10:01 AM, said:

• Inner Sphere Lights are currently seeing the biggest overall improvement from the Skill Tree system over the previous system. Their overall Win / Loss ratio jumped up 22% over pre-skill tree Win / Loss numbers.

Now, just a few things here. Lights are less agile in general after the skill tree. Lights also have less weapon quirks than before. Furthermore, in earlier sessions someone from PGI noted that (IS) lights were the worst performing mechs.
So, 22% improvement here doesn't come as much, eh? It's possibly more due to the fact fatties have gotten slower and less agile, too? Fact that Javelin just dropped into the account right now?

Dunno.

Edited by Notorious Meerkat, 29 May 2017 - 01:46 PM.

#62 Molasses Fatts

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 01:47 PM

I don't think i've seen a panther once since this update.

#63 Elysium911

• PipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 32 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 01:49 PM

Any numbers on how many matches per player during the week? Increased or decreased?

#64 KekistanWillRiseAgain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 01:50 PM

View PostMolasses Fatts, on 29 May 2017 - 01:47 PM, said:

the dual ERPPC has been around some recently... it is not good but people are trying it & the overall player skill level has dropped below Sunday morning on the European server levels of awful right now, so anything can be made to look halfway decent especially when it was never seen beforehand.

#65 Molasses Fatts

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 01:52 PM

View PostKekistanWillRiseAgain, on 29 May 2017 - 01:50 PM, said:

the dual ERPPC has been around some recently... it is not good but people are trying it & the overall player skill level has dropped below Sunday morning on the European server levels of awful right now, so anything can be made to look halfway decent especially when it was never seen beforehand.

its stupid to have a slow, tanky light with all its firepower on one arm. **** at least the urbanmech gets TWO arms with weapons.

#66 Vxheous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,823 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 29 May 2017 - 01:57 PM

View PostMolasses Fatts, on 29 May 2017 - 01:52 PM, said:

its stupid to have a slow, tanky light with all its firepower on one arm. **** at least the urbanmech gets TWO arms with weapons.

looks at the Mist Lynx...Posted Image

#67 cazidin

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 02:00 PM

Excuse me, Chris, could we get some clarity on what we can look forward to in terms of which mechs might be buffed or nerfs? I understand you can't tell us exactly how, but your list was unclear.

Also. I appreciate that you, and PGI in general, are taking more steps recently to communicate with us. Keep that up!

#68 KekistanWillRiseAgain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 02:09 PM

View Postcazidin, on 29 May 2017 - 02:00 PM, said:

Excuse me, Chris, could we get some clarity on what we can look forward to in terms of which mechs might be buffed or nerfs? I understand you can't tell us exactly how, but your list was unclear.

Also. I appreciate that you, and PGI in general, are taking more steps recently to communicate with us. Keep that up!

Just look at the list... it is not a complicated equation to resolve. The NTG & MAD-IIC are getting nerfed since ther are even better then they used to be under the old system (which people against the Skill Maze pointed out repeatedly would happen) while the rest are getting buffed cause they were already bad mechs and got beat with the nerf bat even harder.

#69 cazidin

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 02:11 PM

View PostKekistanWillRiseAgain, on 29 May 2017 - 02:09 PM, said:

Just look at the list... it is not a complicated equation to resolve. The NTG & MAD-IIC are getting nerfed since ther are even better then they used to be under the old system (which people against the Skill Maze pointed out repeatedly would happen) while the rest are getting buffed cause they were already bad mechs and got beat with the nerf bat even harder.

I never said it was complicated, but the other 3 are ambiguous right now. Does the Black Knight need a buff? A nerf? What about the KGC or the Firestarter? He said that IS Lights were performing well. I'd prefer clarity from a member of PGI over speculation.

#70 Tincan Nightmare

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 02:13 PM

View PostChris Lowrey, on 29 May 2017 - 12:56 PM, said:

This is the queue for people attempting to drop into a match, not the queue for what 'Mech's are being taken into the matches. All this image shows is that if you are entering the Match Making Queue, you will drop into matches faster if you take a Light 'Mech. It is not an accurate depiction of the tonnage distribution for the matches themselves.

Nor am I saying that I'm satisfied with the current state. Which is why we are sharing our current findings with everyone to show the current trajectory from the past few weeks and planning further actions through upcoming patches.

I don't know, that seems like a fairly accurate breakdown of the mechs in matches I've played over this event weekend. Almost all heavies and assaults with a scattering of lights and mediums. I mean, if 50 percent of the players waiting to drop into matches are waiting in heavies, doesn't that mean matches are going to be filled with heavies? How about a breakdown in the typical percentages of weight classes in matches. I mean do lights really see an overall buff if they only represent 8 to 10 percent of mechs being taken in matches?

#71 KekistanWillRiseAgain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 02:18 PM

KGC has been utterly terrible for a long time because of bad geometry & engine cap, the engine desync and agility changes nuked it from orbit. FS9 has been removed from the game since the rescale made it basically the same size as a HBK, Lights especially IS Lights were hit hard by this the only thing making them look better then they is the overwhelming amount of potato players in Assaults being super easy targets to farm. BL-KNT got smashed by the rescale and the massive dequirking nerf to the point of unusability considering the quirks were the only thing helping with its toe mounted laser placement, the Agility hit them even harder while taking away even more quirks from them.

Those are 3 Chassis that it is hard to argue are not the absolute worst in the game right now that do do not even have a single Variant that is even mediocre to hid how awful they are... like I said, super easy equation to figure out.

#72 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 02:22 PM

View PostBush Hopper, on 29 May 2017 - 12:26 PM, said:

A question, Chris, are you satisfied with the queue distribution? (Screenshot from today, EU prime time)

Posted Image

I know i am when i am dropping in lights.. Works for me!

#73 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,087 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 29 May 2017 - 02:26 PM

View PostMolasses Fatts, on 29 May 2017 - 01:47 PM, said:

I haven't been playing much, probably why. Also the last time I used that mech is was horrible in that a derp ac2 build on the 10p was doing 200-300 damage average. i am looking at getting the hero one however since it is a copy of my jenner load outs.

#74 JC Daxion

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 02:26 PM

View PostKekistanWillRiseAgain, on 29 May 2017 - 02:09 PM, said:

So two whole mechs out of how many? And how many mechs got buffed? A hell of a lot more than 2.. Talk about cherry picking stats

seriously, what IS lights and mechs have you been playing in this terrible skill tree nerf? Now i don't claim to play the top IS mechs before, but the mechs i've been playing since have been extremely tough and my stats are proving it compared to prior. Heck i'm even scoring higher on IS lights, than the clanners, why is that if IS got nerfed even more?

Edited by JC Daxion, 29 May 2017 - 02:29 PM.

#75 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,753 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 29 May 2017 - 02:34 PM

View PostJC Daxion, on 29 May 2017 - 02:26 PM, said:

So two whole mechs out of how many? And how many mechs got buffed? A hell of a lot more than 2.. Talk about cherry picking stats

seriously, what IS lights and mechs have you been playing in this terrible skill tree nerf? Now i don't claim to play the top IS mechs before, but the mechs i've been playing since have been extremely tough and my stats are proving it compared to prior. Heck i'm even scoring higher on IS lights, than the clanners, why is that if IS got nerfed even more?

All mechs got something cut away, it is whether or not they can most of it back from the new skil tree, or left some of that to the side and took advantage of possible options from the new skill tree.?

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 29 May 2017 - 02:35 PM.

#76 Ruar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 02:37 PM

I'm honestly surprised to see such a dramatic shift in some of those mechs. Makes me wonder if the decoupling is really what's driving the improvements instead of the skill tree.

That said, is there anything being done to track under used mechs and how they might be buffed?

#77 Tsar Bomba

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 208 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 02:40 PM

View PostChris Lowrey, on 29 May 2017 - 10:01 AM, said:

Among these points are a number of 'Mechs that have swung wide into both over performing, and under performing territory. The most extreme of them will be addressed in the June patch. With more to be addressed in future patches past June.

Among these 'Mechs being targeted for June adjustments include:
  • Night Gyr
  • Marauder IIC
  • King Crab
  • Firestarter
  • Black Knight
Beyond this, baseline Inner Sphere / Clan balance remains a high priority as we move forward. June will see a pass at re-balancing the Energy weapons, and we will continue to refine the balance between Inner Sphere and Clan weapons and equipment as we move forward into future patches.

We will continue to observe and make adjustments based on our findings to ensure that we continue to refine balance within the Skill Tree system.

So you're nerfing the high end and boosting the low end so they all perform similarly?
...interesting.
So when are you going to increase the price of the cheap ones and lower the price of the expensive ones?
...yea, thought so.

You seem to be operating under the axiom that there has to be some sort of balance between all mechs, and yet we still pay premium for higher tonnage mechs and by your own design work detailed here they aren't meant to be any better than the lower tonnage. How do you justify that? I'd really like to hear some thoughts on that from PGI in this new era of 'openness' you pretend you got going right now.

Edited by Tsar Bomba, 29 May 2017 - 02:54 PM.

#78 Angel of Annihilation

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,881 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 02:43 PM

View Postcazidin, on 29 May 2017 - 02:00 PM, said:

Yeah there are alot of assumptions going on. I mean everyone, myself included is pointing the the Night Gyr and Marauder IIC as the candidates for nerf, while all the IS mechs candidates for buffs. I mean I was seriously considering upgrading my Marauder IIC pack to the collectors edition today so I could have a 30% C-bill bonus on my favorite mech. Not touching it with a 10 foot pole now. Hell the whole thing has me generally pissed off and upset to the point I put the kabash on pre-ordering the Hero Wolfhound and thinking about cancelling my Clan Wars pre-orders. I mean maybe the Marauder is one of the ones that is under performing.

Yeah right, but still it would be nice to know for sure that I am griping about something that is for sure going to happen.

#79 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,823 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 29 May 2017 - 02:46 PM

View PostViktor Drake, on 29 May 2017 - 02:43 PM, said:

Yeah there are alot of assumptions going on. I mean everyone, myself included is pointing the the Night Gyr and Marauder IIC as the candidates for nerf, while all the IS mechs candidates for buffs. I mean I was seriously considering upgrading my Marauder IIC pack to the collectors edition today so I could have a 30% C-bill bonus on my favorite mech. Not touching it with a 10 foot pole now. Hell the whole thing has me generally pissed off and upset to the point I put the kabash on pre-ordering the Hero Wolfhound and thinking about cancelling my Clan Wars pre-orders. I mean maybe the Marauder is one of the ones that is under performing.

Yeah right, but still it would be nice to know for sure that I am griping about something that is for sure going to happen.

Yeah, I was going to buy the Mad Cat Mk II, but since we're past the early adopter pre-order, I'll just wait until it's actually released to see what kind of specs it's going to have for accel/decel/etc.

#80 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 29 May 2017 - 02:46 PM

View PostViktor Drake, on 29 May 2017 - 02:43 PM, said:

Which is why I've restricted myself from preodering any mechs, even the new Civil War ones, as much as I'd like to double down on the mastery packs and get those extra cbill bonus items and such.

53 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 53 guests, 0 anonymous users