259 replies to this topic

#241 FeedMePlz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 05:36 PM

so battlmasters are not an overperforming mechs? cool story guys cooool story

the only reason why they nerf marauder and night jerk

parampampam

mad cat 2 for real money that already overperforming tham for sure without any nerfs
nerf will take tham to the ground and mad cats will rise
pay to optimaze to win

Edited by FeedMePlz, 02 June 2017 - 05:37 PM.

#242 Katastrophy Kid

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 123 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 03 June 2017 - 06:59 AM

View PostProf RJ Gumby, on 29 May 2017 - 10:06 AM, said:

Just don't tell me MAD IIC and Night Gyr are underperforming now.

KGC definitely is. A mech that big and wide with main weapons so low and lowest agility possible and loss of the torso twist that made it viable before... you basically can get shot twice before you get to show your weapons to the enemy now.

This! F'king This! My beloved KGCs get ***** now

:(

Edited by Katastrophe Kid, 03 June 2017 - 06:59 AM.

#243 Xetelian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 08:37 PM

I think it is WAAAY too early to be making any calls on the skill tree balance affects.

Edited by Xetelian, 04 June 2017 - 08:38 PM.

#244 Katastrophy Kid

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 123 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 04 June 2017 - 08:41 PM

View PostXetelian, on 04 June 2017 - 08:37 PM, said:

I think it is WAAAY too early to be making any calls on the skill tree balance affects.

when engine desynch was implemented, the KGC didn't have its torso speed quirk added to its base agility, so it got f'ked. Otherwise I agree, it is kinda early.

Edited by Katastrophe Kid, 04 June 2017 - 08:41 PM.

#245 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 08 June 2017 - 11:22 AM

Chrus, how are 100 tonners comparing? Many are clamoring thier agility nerf with engine desync has hurt them.....i.e. Spirit Bear took a huge hit *not even MASC is helping it cause its % based....). If anything look at a slight agile buff to 100's up to around 10?

#246 cazidin

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 11:30 AM

Did we scare Chris away from these forums?

#247 Imperius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 08 June 2017 - 11:31 AM

R.I.P. 100 tonners we will never forget and will miss you!

#248 Guffrus

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 62 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 11:52 AM

My experience trying out my ravens post patch was that my 3L Narc Raven was improved but my 4x was turned into a horrible piece of unusable garbage.

Why?

Because the 3L doesnt stop, it runs around like a nut protected by speed, ecm, radar dep narcing and throwing out pulse laser and srm shots where it can, the 4x by contrast is peeking from cover and poptarting trying to deal damage from medium to long range with large lasers in the early to mid game before clearing up with crit seeking mg fire in the end game.
It seemed too sluggish to peek or jump effectively and just overheated from firing the lasers.

This was my favourite IS mech and now I dont want to pilot it anymore. I stopped playing the game altogether infact and am now only a forum warrior hoping you are going to undo the damage you have done to this game that i previously enjoyed playing.

Guffrus

#249 Guffrus

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 62 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 12:51 PM

What about this data set:

How many people have stopped playing the game?

Why have they done that?

Is this affecting your data sets?

Are all previous play styles still being employed?

Do you even know what you are looking at? (I ask this because you are talking about raven chassis being + whatever but you cant just look at the chassis, what builds are being used? a narc raven is completely different to a sniper or a poptart or a brawler.)

Who even cares about damage anyway? Thats got hardly anything to do with the game at all. You can get loads of damage from lrm or dragging lasers over many locations and you can get loads of kills with no damage because you have cored someone out or taken their cockpit out with pin point damage.

You can get much better scores if you make sure you die last and use your team mates as shields.. so if you want to know how well someone did or their mech did you have to factor in when they died and being dead doesnt mean you are bad nor does being alive at the end, it might just be a measure of how much of a coward you are or how strong a team player you are.

Im sorry but your scoring / rating system is complete and utter garbage, it has little to nothing to do with the perfomance of a mech or a player in a match.

You probably dont even have data for it, what are the stats for the life expectancy and survivability of assault mechs leading charges?

Have the changes affected scouting?

How much damage are mechs taking before they die? (is the surviability tree an option? is it vital? is it pointless? is it as good as other trees?)

How much damage is being lost through missed shots? (how well are light mechs evasion tanking for themselves and their teams)

You are saying that people are using a broader selection of mechs and weapon systems than they were before. Well yes. ofcourse they are, you just changed everything so people are having to relearn everything, it doesnt mean that everything is balanced more effectively now. Its not a good thing to hear you say that, because either you dont understand what the data means or you do understand but are deliberately misrepresenting it to the community because you think that is a helpful PR.

Im going to stop writing now because Im actually quite angry and there is no point in being completely unconstructive, I can only hope that you have a deeper understanding of this game than you post suggests.

Guffrus

#250 Pixel Hunter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 388 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 03:26 PM

I feel small weapon boating aka "dakka" needs to be looked at majorly. damage output with small autocannons with cooldown or jam chance seems really out of whack

but I can tell you this: TTK has NOT gone down IMO and many problems with hitboxes still remain after the patch. I bought an Orion and it really doesn't seem viable in it's role of heavy because of LRM rain, extreme dakka boating, and it's hitboxes.

you seem more ac2 and uac 5/ cmpl or cspl builds in the game now, and they are not only hyper cheesy builds, but hyper deadly

Edited by Gimpy117, 08 June 2017 - 03:31 PM.

#251 Magnus Santini

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 708 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 03:28 PM

My question would be, how much of the data was T1 players re-trying mechs they will keep parked after they confirm they still can work them post Skill Tree. Because balancing the data around outlier players seems optimistic to me.

#252 Reptile Blackdeath

• PipPipPip
  • The Serpent
  • The Serpent
  • 72 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 04:02 PM

Meh.. I have over 250 mechs, I htink over a year in banked Prem time and have stopped playing the game except for exploiting the OP quirking system, to get Dawn trinkets in a few hours of LUMS.

I'm not actually sure how a good balance will be found now, considering how long it too find almost find a balance with the skill 'tree' was a constant. I keep in touch with current players and watch here for a time when it might be back to player skill over 'spreadsheet 2000' skills. But for now, I might load load up the game if the dwindling players I know organize a Stock Mode only game.

I glad some people are liking it I guess.. but I'll hope for something I find more fun and balanced to evolve through months of buff and nerfs.. and buff and nerfs.. lol

#253 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,087 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 08 June 2017 - 06:53 PM

View PostGuffrus, on 08 June 2017 - 11:52 AM, said:

My experience trying out my ravens post patch was that my 3L Narc Raven was improved but my 4x was turned into a horrible piece of unusable garbage.

Why?

Because the 3L doesnt stop, it runs around like a nut protected by speed, ecm, radar dep narcing and throwing out pulse laser and srm shots where it can, the 4x by contrast is peeking from cover and poptarting trying to deal damage from medium to long range with large lasers in the early to mid game before clearing up with crit seeking mg fire in the end game.
It seemed too sluggish to peek or jump effectively and just overheated from firing the lasers.

This was my favourite IS mech and now I dont want to pilot it anymore. I stopped playing the game altogether infact and am now only a forum warrior hoping you are going to undo the damage you have done to this game that i previously enjoyed playing.

Guffrus

I have the 4x. What skills if any did you use in the tree? I think out of the ravens it is the funnest one because you can do an ac 20 or guass on it. I had a blast using it with guass standing besides heavies and asults just taking pot shots at fast movers.

#254 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 08 June 2017 - 07:54 PM

View Postcazidin, on 08 June 2017 - 11:30 AM, said:

Did we scare Chris away from these forums?

No, but you are asking questions to someone who isn't here anymore - A thread long overdue that they will simply just look over and think about some questions or suggestions said.

#255 Hobbles v

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 354 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 10:10 AM

I suspect that the "Balance" stats they gathered are from quick play with full mix tech teams. The balance is not anywhere near as good as it was before the skill tree. Anyone with half a brain can see the clans came out ahead in terms of faction play.

Been tracking the leader boards over the past couple two weeks, all stats include both invasion and scouting queue

Clan vs IS win rate during Tukayyid
54.66% Clan win rate

Post skill tree patch after 51,890 game shad been played
55.01% Clan win rate

After 81,496 games had been played
56.72% Clan win rate

Today after 96,484 games had been played
57.40% clan win rate

#256 H I A S

• 4,971 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 02:38 PM

View PostKekistanWillRiseAgain, on 30 May 2017 - 05:57 PM, said:

LRM60+A NTG-D is actually one of the best if not flat out best LRM boat Clan has (probably 5th best overall right now) is not something that can be thrown away as useless either. Decent players who understand the basics of the Game should be the ones looked at... do not get me wrong, there is a hardcore braintrust in the comp scene it just happens to be only a handful of guys. The amount of debates I get in with people who can not discern the very different environments between Solo & Group & CW Strategy/Tactics demonstrates that the vast majority of them only have a rote learned understanding. They do not know Why things are the best that they are advocating for since they are still advocating for them even when the Factors have changed dramatically in the equation. So... not Potatoes but not Comp either, or at least not exclusively comp (which is what it seems like PGI does listen to on the very rare occasions it listens at all.)

Otherwise you have people advocating for BLK being a "decent mech" because it can be used in one very specific manner under massed concentration conditions with people in high trust relationships with each other... absolutely none of which is applicable to +90% of the player population will ever be in. Even at its height last year before the dequirkening & rescale hits, it was not that great in Solo queue though it was absolutely wrecking face in CW... because of all the serious deficiencies I listed previously are highly pronounced in that environment while it can be played to the very few strong strengths it had in the other.

Again... when +90% of the player population is only ever going to play in "Potato Land" then that is the experience that is going to be one that attracts, builds, & retains any kind of player population. Potato Land & Comp are almost 2 different rulesets, they are much further apart than even say 3025 & 3063 are in tactical/build terms.

Edit: Just jumped in a match with the NTG-D LRM60+A and this is what I got... definitely not the result I would expect from a top tier IS LRM boat in this match but still quite good for a Clan LRM boat.
Posted Image

lmao that's great entertainment.
guys like you are the reason we cant have good things.

#257 ForceUser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 894 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 03:39 PM

View PostH I A S, on 11 June 2017 - 02:38 PM, said:

lmao that's great entertainment.
guys like you are the reason we cant have good things.

I do that in my arctic cheetah, Jester, Hunchback IIC, K2, etc. It's a decent score and kills but it's not unique to the NTG

#258 cazidin

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 06:14 PM

View PostScout Derek, on 08 June 2017 - 07:54 PM, said:

No, but you are asking questions to someone who isn't here anymore - A thread long overdue that they will simply just look over and think about some questions or suggestions said.

That's... part of the problem, Derek.

#259 H I A S

• 4,971 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 09:13 PM

View PostForceUser, on 11 June 2017 - 03:39 PM, said:

I do that in my arctic cheetah, Jester, Hunchback IIC, K2, etc. It's a decent score and kills but it's not unique to the NTG

context? my comment has nothing to do with his score. its more about his attitude to balance around spuds.

Edited by H I A S, 11 June 2017 - 09:14 PM.

#260 Kaptain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,284 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 11 June 2017 - 09:28 PM

Imo king crab hit boxes need an adjustment. Split it's butt and crotch equally between the legs and thus reduce it's crazy ct size. Wouldn't mind some acceleration also. It's just clunky and fragile ATM.

Edited by Kaptain, 11 June 2017 - 09:28 PM.

38 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 38 guests, 0 anonymous users