Maps Beautifying

No replies to this topic

#1 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 04:22 AM

Had a little talk with some people who I wanted to play MWO and that tried it and they told me it looks bad.
I couldn't quite get it as I like the look but when talkin about it a bit more I figured out its not the mechs. Mechs look nice and all but there where other little details like the maps.

Buildings have sometimes washedout textures. Trees look like from '80, and some other plants too. There is nothing to indicate the damage done by your mechs, except the new destructable walls.
No fires that start when you shoot something, armor droping off a mech when damaged....

Overall lots of small details.

For competetiv players all of these things are irrelevant as they most likely turn down the details anyway but for new people it seams to be quite importend when they have their first impression.

What do you think, should PGI do a beautification pass to get the attention of new players?
Would it be worth doing it? From the small group of people I tired to get into MWO only one stayed and he dosn't stay for the graphics...everyone else left because of "bad" graphics.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users