Callsign Curiousity

248 replies to this topic

#201 shameless

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 491 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:04 AM

I use Shameless because that's long described my playstyle.

Any advantage to win.

Asland, nice to see another regular on here..

#202 Tronchaser

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:05 AM

I go with "Tronchaser"... it's what my job in the Navy was called as an aviation electronics technician.. we "chased trons" around circuit cards. I've used it for 20+ years!

#203 Qayos

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 77 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:09 AM

I went with Qayos,

Pronounced Chaos, but spelled cooler :D

Everything is more fun with a little Qayos, and PPCs.

#204 Paradat

• PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • LocationWestern U.S.

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:11 AM

ParaDat. Parachutist Dum *** Tanker. I was Airborne Armor in the Army. This is my name in world of tanks. So thought I would keep it here since the communities seem to have a lot of overlap.

So Paradat instead of a old table top callsign.

Edited by Paradat, 10 May 2012 - 08:12 AM.

#205 Wingit

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:12 AM

My name here is the same as my name "in game"

Some years ago I was racking my brains for a name. Every one I tried had been taken.

So I suddenly thought: "Oh, F*** It". "I'll just wing it"

Lo and behold Wingit was born :D

#206 Werewolf Fetladral

• PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:13 AM

MFer... nuff said.

#207 Ralkir

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationThe spaceport bar

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:13 AM

Whiskey

Never liked beer, so when I'd go out with my friends I'd order a whiskey. They said if I kept drinking it I'd start to look like it.

Turns out I only smell like it.

#208 Doc Boats

Rookie

• 2 posts
  • LocationU.S. West Coast

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:32 PM

Doc has been my callsign in real life and I've always stuck to it. In the spirit of Liao (Mandarin) culture though it equates to 医生 which is pronounced E Shung (Pinyin yi- sheng-).

#209 Jakebob

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:40 PM

Jakebob... we had a pet ferret one time we couldn't think of a name for.. at the same instant, I said "Jake", my wife said "Bob", so he became Jakebob. Some time later I needed an in-game name and used it.
not very interesting, but it's the one I've been using for the last 12 years or so. :P

Edited by Jakebob, 10 May 2012 - 03:42 PM.

#210 Paewen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 123 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:48 PM

My call sign will be Hops in honor of my homebrewing hobby. I also run a scout, so will be appropriate in a mech with jump jets.

#211 Yvraith

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationCarlton River, Tasmania, Australia/Sthn Highlands Province PNG

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:51 PM

My call sign will be the same as my name here. Yvraith.

I've used it for nearly every forum & place since I started playing about online.
It's the name of a character out of a piece of Fiction I'm working on..... (started in 95 & still crawling along.)

#212 Toothman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 557 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:51 PM

Tooth or Toothman. Why? I needed a name for PPP and I'm a Dental Hygienist. Been using it for 20 years now so its broken in nicely. Like my boots from basic training :-)

#213 SuomiWarder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 1,661 posts
  • LocationSacramento area, California

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:59 PM

I've had a few different ones over the years, but some variant with "warder" in it or preferably just Warder has been my main one for more than 10 years.

Why you asked? Well, I wrote some fan fict a decade ago about a small merc unit. I knew from my plotting that they tangle with a small element of Nova Cats early on and I needed to come up with a reason why the Nova Cats didn't just blast them as honorless mercenaries. I got to playing with the idea that the Nova Cat leader got the mistaken belief that the unit was somehow realted to a Clan unit rumored to have infiltrated or defected to the IS long ago. As the Wardens are against the invasion, I went with "Warders" - which also happen to be defenders.

So, now you know. And as my friend Duke says, "Knowing is hal the battle!"

Edited by SuomiWarder, 10 May 2012 - 03:59 PM.

#214 DeadMang

Rookie

• 1 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:06 PM

Deadman, DeadMang, or Waffles.

My co-workers have recently started calling me "Waffles" around the fab. I dont know why but It has now become my new name for pretty much everything.

Edited by DeadMang, 10 May 2012 - 04:10 PM.

#215 Ravager AI

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 38 posts
  • LocationStuck in your radiostream

Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:19 PM

Once uppon a time I used to call myself Golden Crow wherever I went on the interwebz, and had been since the age of 8. (14 years and counting! :P )

But during my time as a semi-hardcore Counter-Strike: Source player I decided to change it to Ravager to reflect my play style. This eventually stuck on a few clan servers as I noticed that the regulars cursed as I joined. I wasn't good but it seemed that I had a knack for killing the same people several times in a row. ^.^ After that I started using it for all things action related where I could use my High-risk High-reward style.

The later addition of AI came from a one-shot, not-at-all serious, roleplaying session where I played the role of a (Oddly suiting for MW:O) large experimental robot with a quirky and sometimes dangerous AI. For the lulz I named the AI R.A.V.A.G.E.R.

And from that point on the name Ravager AI has been with me for a few years. (Not so much online tho'.)

P.S I fully intend to play the part of a quirky AI if I join a roleplaying group here on the forum. B)

#216 EitherWay

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • LocationMech Bay 12345543211525354554535251

Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:26 PM

View PostSchnuffs, on 17 December 2011 - 06:54 PM, said:

Call me Mr. Pickles. :3

....or schnuffs, either-way

it is pronounced shh-nuff-ss

you called?

I just made up my name a year or two ago because everyone else had one so I stuck with this one.

Edited by EitherWay, 10 May 2012 - 04:28 PM.

#217 Mrs Brisby

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:12 PM

if people are not just calling me brisby. spook or mouse other wise as I am very quiet (also it is how I came across the name Brisby or frisby if you know the book)

#218 Wahlnutz

• PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, CO

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:19 PM

Wahlnutz... back in the Corps my staff sergeant hated saying my last name for some reason, gave me that instead. Hell I like it so I started using it as my gamer tag... and will continue to do so :P

#219 Rusty_Jonez

Rookie

• 6 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 16 May 2012 - 11:41 AM

I'll probably end up using "Mother". It's from the pen and paper mechwarrior 3 campaign. My buddy Bill roleplayed his character as calling my character "Mother" during an early fight. As our unit's executive officer "Mother" fit. When we finally got our own Jumpship transport my friend dubbed the Jumpship "Mother's Milk & Cookies".

If you ever find yourself on Buchlau, just tell them "Mother" sent you.

#220 SquareSphere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,656 posts
  • LocationIn your clouds, stealing your thunder

Posted 16 May 2012 - 12:44 PM

SquareSphere, it makes every one pause the first time they see it ;)

Though my lancemates call me Square in game to make things easy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users