Callsign Curiousity

248 replies to this topic

#161 Seabear

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts
  • LocationMesquite, Texas

Posted 10 March 2012 - 10:32 AM

I like "Colt-51" after the one firearm that comes naturally to the hand of anyone who holds it - the Colt 1851 Navy Revolver - lightning fast, deadly and well balanced.

Edited by Seabear, 15 March 2012 - 09:44 AM.

#162 ChapeL

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 09:06 AM

I went with Bull Frog because my original callsign ( the one I had used in MW4 NBT league ) was taken. Doesn't really matter to me, it was something I had picked up while playing Q3A and Unreal Tournament all those many years ago. Not sad to see it go.

My thought process for Bull Frog was like this : Callsigns are usually monikers that stick to a person because of some personality quirk. For instance, I once saw a documentary on air force pilots where one of them had the callsign Slag. It sounded cool at first until he explained it was S.L.A.G. and it stood for Screams Like A Girl. It was given to him by his squadron mates as a form of gentle ribbing.

So to make it short, "Bull Frog" stands for my Pilot's cultural background (Which I happen to share with him) It must be quite rare in the Capellan Confederation.

...and besies, who among the Mechwarrior Community would dream of being refered to as a small, gentle and peacefull swamp dwelling amphibian ? The likelyhood of it already being taken was nill.

I might even get to put an updated version of my old MW4 decal on my mech. ( it was an angry looking frog ) <_<

#163 Lokisonn

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:46 PM

I picked Lokisonn (the son of loki) cos its nice to have the god of mischief on your side and the Hellbringer (Loki) mech is a personal fav. Would have prefered a 2 syllable calls sign (for easy and quick calling) but Loki was already taken. Would have gone for Kepha too (refrence from the bible as Peter - the rock, solid and dependable) but I've been using Lokisonn longer

#164 Parrot32

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 11 posts
  • LocationAR

Posted 15 March 2012 - 12:57 AM

I am Parrot!!!! Hear me BRAWK!!!!! xD

I acquired this nickname in highschool as i had a habit of drinking powerade mixed with captain morgan's parrot bay coconut rum! (still do and yes this makes me a young pup :D) but i've used this as my handle on forums, military, mmo's, xbl, and pretty much everything. I have had ppl not even know what my real name is in real life haha!

#165 SnowDragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 476 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland, Australia

Posted 15 March 2012 - 01:21 AM

Snow = Cold as Ice
Dragon = Hard, armoured thing that kills you at range, and up close, and steals your women.

Had the name since I was six :D Been known by it ever since. In the end though it's just what you want to be known by.

#166 rolling thunder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 120 posts
  • LocationSOUTHPORT,UK

Posted 15 March 2012 - 01:47 AM

I'm using rolling-thunder because i use it everywhere else!

#167 Grahad Mills

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 01:52 AM

For me it will be nagetier.

In early years on the net i changed my name quite often. Then i found the name Naga Sadow, from the good old time of sith empire and the first hyperspace wars in Star Wars.

But i didn't meant to be as it was. I had the bad habbit to eat a lot on TeamSpeak with activatet mic, so everyone heard me crunch through food and so from Naga it was not far to the german word Nager and then it went to nagetier. Sometimes also nageltier (yeah like nail) but that is only in Fear Combat (pinned enough of my friends to walls the the penetrator)

so i'll stick with nagetier although the correct Call Sign for my Pilots name would be Jackal 00 or genocide :D

#168 Charles Martel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • LocationQuentin. Wish you were here Hanse?

Posted 15 March 2012 - 02:23 AM

Salaryman

To 99% of everyone, Charles Martel looks like one, talks like one, and dresses like one.

#169 Kycer

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 05:17 PM

mine is Kycer cuz me name is Ceaser XD

#170 LoneBrave

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:43 PM

Zilong- means "Young Dragon"

If you've ever read Romance of the Three Kingdoms, then his bada**ery during the Battle at Changban should tell you why :D

#171 Mechanus

• PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 02:55 PM

The Callsign I used in previous PLs, and the one I am most likely to use for MWO, is Fen Shu which means 'division of (or by) numbers'.

Edited by mechanus, 02 April 2012 - 02:55 PM.

#172 Shalmyan Moonsong

• PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 03:12 PM

I have used the Character name Shalmyan Moonsong for a good 12 years from World of Warcraft, Star Trek: Online, and Anarchy Online, and it has been my online handle for just as long, so my call sign will be Moonsong.

#173 Dan Baxter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 240 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:14 PM

Sherlock.
I always enjoyed the Sir Arthur Conan Doyle stories.
Also stating the obvious will be much more fun.

#174 rollermint

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 418 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:14 AM

I use a different nick everytime I try a new game sooo yeah. :D I usually roll with a group of RL friends so it doesn't really matter with regards to keeping in touch.

#175 Sky Blue Boy

• Pip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationSurrey, England

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:49 AM

Wonder if you can start MWO play just as "Recruit Johnson" or "Recruit Smith"; after all shouldn't your buddies and lance mates have a say in giving you your call sign?

#176 Vermyn

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:37 AM

Stickin with Vermyn....The Ares convention's rules are for wussies!

ocassionally will go with BoogieMan - given to me by the good ole boyz at Fort Knox, KY.

#177 Sal Trebov

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:54 AM

I'd love to go by "Magus". It's a derivative of mage or wizard. Magic-user, essentially. My dad earned the nickname "Wizard" back in the 80's, and to paraphrase Dr. Orpheus from the Venture Brothers, "Wizard" is kinda hokey. :)

The bottom line, though, is that I'm wanting to see what names I get through actually playing. That way it means something other than a label I give myself. If Magus fits, then awesome! If not... well, in college I got the name "Shooter" when bowling, due to the way I shot the ball down the gutter almost every damn time.

Considering I'll be playing a Hunchback for a while (given the list of mechs available at medium weight), and my general ability with autocannons was ****-poor back in MW2 and 3, I *MAY* be earning the name Shooter after all...

#178 Soviet Alex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 626 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:53 PM

Like any proper callsign, I didn't pick mine. I'm not even sure how I acquired the nickname "Soviet Alex" at uni. But I've been Soviet Alex for so long that some of my friends don't know my family name. When I set up my first e-mail account back in the '90's, the default choices were rubbish, so I went for sovietalex@.... It's a good brand identity. I even paint little red stars on my mechs. In combat, just shorten it to Soviet. :angry:

#179 Frozen Winter

• PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:06 PM

Well Frozen is what my cadets used to call me. It's stuck with me for most of my life. I might go with that. Hmm or Preacher. Guys I used to play poker with named me that after a long night of drinking and gambling.

Edited by Frozen Winter, 15 April 2012 - 02:06 PM.

#180 Hitty40

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 05:00 PM

Banzai was what I was known by in the days of MW4 since I used to always run right into short-range close combat. No morale break, no surrender.

Edited by Hitty40, 15 April 2012 - 05:04 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users