Callsign Curiousity

248 replies to this topic

#121 Alaskan Viking

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • LocationPalin Prime, Capital of the Alaskan Federation of Planets

Posted 19 January 2012 - 12:58 PM

View PostCong Min Voronkov, on 25 December 2011 - 01:09 PM, said:

My mechwarrior has a Chinese mother and a Russian father but raised in an English speaking orphanage.
So, my mechwarrior’s name is Cong-Min Voronkov.
Cong-Min is a Chinese name that means “intelligent”.
Voronkov is a Russian family name that comes from the Russian word for “raven”.
My call sign will be Corvus, which is the zoological name for crows and ravens.
Care to guess what battlemech I’m hopping to pilot? ;)

Thats great. Seriously the best call sign/handle I've read here.

I used to go as Odin, after the Norse god of War & wisdom, but that name is taken in games a lot, so I used Woden, then finally settled for Alaskan Viking. It's not really a call sign per se, just the name I use for online forums and video games, people I play with a lot on ventrilo either call be "Viking" or "Alaskan", I answer to both. Though recently I have been going by Evil Pasta, a sort of play on the mighty spaghetti monster who created us all, peace be upon him.

I will probbaly come up with a new "call sign" just for Mechwarrior: Online though, or I may go back to Odin, or Woden.

Edited by Alaskan Viking, 19 January 2012 - 12:59 PM.

#122 Lima Zulu

Russian Community Champion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 01:05 PM

[color=#959595]Voronkov is a Russian family name that comes from the Russian word for “raven”.[/color]

Btw, a curious fact - "Voron" - russian word for raven, but also, "Voronok" was a word used for raven-black KGB cars ;)

#123 tony katdander

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Locationthe internet

Posted 19 January 2012 - 01:13 PM

Mysterious Stranger->call sign win in a solaris 7 match

#124 Kiff Stevenson

• PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • LocationCanada District, Capella

Posted 19 January 2012 - 07:54 PM

If I could, I'd go with the name 'Badger' - the nickname given to the then-new Vindicator BattleMech at the battle of Tikonov in 2832 (See BattleTech: Technical Readout 3025, Third Printing, Chicago: FASA Corporation, 1987, p.52).

Mean and tenacious: just like my favourite 'mech!

;)

#125 IR0NF3N1X

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • 2 posts
  • LocationBalzac, Alberta, Canada

Posted 19 January 2012 - 09:35 PM

usually people refer to me as phoenix as it's just faster to say i'm also refered to as "c" by some of my older friends as my old xbox live name was cw34084 lol
\

#126 Edward Radenovic-Espinueva

• PipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 83 posts
  • LocationTukayyid

Posted 26 January 2012 - 07:45 PM

I'll take "Augustus" for 2000, please :wacko:

Why :huh:

First, History lesson: Originally born as Gaius Octavius Thurinus, he was adopted posthumously by his great-uncle Gaius Julius Caesar in 44 BC via his last will and testament, and between then and 27 BC was officially named Gaius Julius Caesar. In 27 BC the Senate awarded him the honorific Augustus ("the revered one"), and thus consequently he was Gaius Julius Caesar Augustus :lol:

Secondly, "Gaius Julius Caesar Augustus" couldn't fit in the Pilot's name, to long, lol :angry:

Third, I'm a theme kind of player B)

Edited by Gaius Julius Caesar, 26 January 2012 - 07:59 PM.

#127 Stalkerr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 404 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 04:35 AM

I'm just using the same callsign I've used since 1995 (granted, with an extra r. Didn't get in fast enough!).

#128 Naughtyboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 28 January 2012 - 05:05 AM

Naughtyboy says it all both on and off the battlefield :)

#129 Derick Cruisaire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 247 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 28 January 2012 - 05:19 AM

My pilot name goes back to when I first started playing Battletech. I was really into the Star Blazers :( animated series at the time, so I went with Derick (alternate spelling) for Derek Wildstar. At the time we messing around with LAMs. So for a last name i went with Cruisaire. Cause that's what LAMs do. Right? :)

#130 Blackfire1

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,462 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 28 January 2012 - 05:19 AM

I have two. Trenton Kaine is my Roleplay/**** name. And my call sign is Blackfire1. I've had this callsign since '97. My first game I used it in was Ultima Online and Silent Death. Chances are if you see a Blackfire1 its me.

#131 SC DmiTirY

Rookie

• 3 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Locationwhere i park the Truck

Posted 28 January 2012 - 06:45 AM

My callsign was chosen to honor my bloodline.It was my grandfathers true name and the first name i choose when i joined the MW universe in MW3. I was promoted to the rank of Star Caption in MW4 through combat trials within Clan Wolf and look forward to rejoining my Clansmen on the field of honor. SC_DmiTirY_WC
"Hardcore i lost sight of you.Do you copy?-Over"

#132 Ryphus Trebo

• Pip
  • Big Brother
  • 14 posts
  • LocationSpringfield

Posted 28 January 2012 - 07:07 AM

I used to write a lot of BT fan fiction, Ryphus was the main character. Since then I've used it for pretty much anything I have to sign up for or give a name too.

#133 The Count

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 51 posts
  • LocationCockpit of my Zues "Nobleman"

Posted 28 January 2012 - 07:32 AM

My Callsign will remain "The Count", refering to my noble title. Not to be mistaken for the common rif-raf of course. Nobility is a right not a gift. House Peabody, originating from the world of Peabody in Federated Suns space. The youngest of five siblings I have struck out on my own to discover the wonders of the Inner Sphere. Though my family ties it's allegiance to the Federated Suns, I have quickly gained prominence with the Lyrans. My social wit and skills are second to none. My fortune is growing and my title expanding. I seek to justify my new found prestige on the battlefield.

On a side note my Mechwarrior 2 TT character has always used the callsign "The Count". I have always taken title and landgrant as perks so I found it only fitting to continue my Battletech experience in this respect.

#134 Alkero

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 69 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 28 January 2012 - 07:34 AM

I've always enjoyed playing in tandem with somone, I'm a more lone wolf but I like sneakin and ambushing with another mechwarrior, my brother and I have always done this and we chose these two names, Jachro (my brother) and Alkero (ma, captain obvious is obvious)..it all started though bcuz it is our first, middle, and last name pieced together..i think it's chill, what do you guys think? ;D

#135 whiskey tango foxtrot

• Survivor
  • 1,075 posts
  • LocationWith the Wolfs

Posted 28 January 2012 - 07:58 AM

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot is my call sign,Whiskey for short,*** is what the enemy says after i unload on them

#136 whiskey tango foxtrot

• Survivor
  • 1,075 posts
  • LocationWith the Wolfs

Posted 28 January 2012 - 07:59 AM

Censored Hmmmmm oops

#137 Lima Zulu

Russian Community Champion

• 1,971 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 10:41 PM

Looks like I'm not only who likes phonetic alphabet...

#138 Burned_Follower

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationDanielsville, Georgia

Posted 29 January 2012 - 11:14 PM

DR.DEATH is my callsign. My uncle is the guy who got me hooked on PC gaming growing up, especially online gaming. He went by the callsign NinthDoctor for over a decade. After he passed away two years ago, I decided to carry on the name doctor in the realm of online gaming. He called himself the 9th Doctor because he was a really huge dr who fan. I am NOT a doctor who fan but i am a goth so instead of calling myself the 10th doctor i decided on Dr.Death instead. You'll usually see me playing MWLL until MWO gets released. Had to take a break from MWLL for a while cuz i had severe CTD issues due to my hardware/softare not being good enough. But after trying it out this week it seems that i'm not CTD'ing at all. Don't know why but i'm glad to be playing MWLL again while i'm waiting on my tax return money to build a new PC for MWO. WOOT

#139 Daidachi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 461 posts
  • LocationThe Andromeda Initiative

Posted 30 January 2012 - 05:40 AM

Having seen your sig Dr Death, all I can think of is Dr. Tran.

http://youtu.be/FO0kRE5OTZI

#140 Thunderbird

• PipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 37 posts
  • LocationUnder the bed, waiting for you to go to sleep

Posted 30 January 2012 - 06:12 AM

In the MW4 days. All Atlas Hunters could either keep their original call sign or adopt the one given by the leader after succesfull trial of position to join the clan. He loved bird and dedicated a lot of time to nurse wounded birds back to health. So all AH members got names based on a bird (real or mystical)

That is how I was renamed Thunderbird.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users