248 replies to this topic

#41 Mechteric

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 22 December 2011 - 08:36 AM

I started using this name when Counter Strike first came out because I did fairly well for a while. I suck at CS now though ;)

#42 Atlas3060

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 661 posts
  • LocationFederated Suns

Posted 22 December 2011 - 08:56 AM

Atlas3060: Atlas being my first favorite Assault 'mech during my first couple of years into Battletech.
3060 being the time frame when I started reading the books.

Typically I'm hotheaded but reliable in life and in my multiplayer activities.
I've had to shoulder plenty of burdens with my family at times, I've always been protective of my friends. If I tell someone they're like a brother or sister to me that means I'll provide them with whatever I can when I can and protect them even at the cost of my own life, just like I'd do for any blood relation.

So when I was little and loved reading about Greek and Roman history (6th grade lunch was boring so trips to the library were my thing), I read up on the Titans. Atlas was my favorite story, thus here I am.

#43 Dihm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,312 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationPlanet Trondheim

Posted 22 December 2011 - 09:04 AM

Since non-Liaos are getting in on the fun, why the heck not.

Used to run under Magnus, but that name always gets nabbed quick in games, and I'm not of fan of adding on characters and numbers and such to make it "unique". With Warhammer Online, my main character was a Bright Wizard. Bright Wizard... Dihm... I'm clever. The last name of Whit just seemed natural for that. My alts were Dihmer, Mordihmer, and Dihmerest. Hyuck hyuck!

Edited by Dihm, 22 December 2011 - 09:05 AM.

#44 Alekto Serenis

• PipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 35 posts
  • LocationWhere the ArrowIV's come from

Posted 22 December 2011 - 09:16 AM

Alekto Serenis - "the happy relentless huntress", tho the serenis i didnt know was an actual word until i had latin, alekto is one of the furies/erinye. Was actually my very first nickname and tt character. (DCMS 13th legion vega-deserter^^)

My callsigns tho usually end up to be alley(cat-'cuz i fight wild, fast and without much thought), or oftentimes "b i t c h" (whenever i get a run and give the feeling of an unstoppable force of nature^^)

*oh this si for house liao... shoulda look where these hot topics are^^*

Edited by Alekto Serenis, 22 December 2011 - 09:29 AM.

#45 xSidewinder

• PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 10:01 AM

As a kid my name would change with each new game. Didn't give it serious thought until I got xbox live. Sidewinder was my best and favorite Halo CE map at LAN parties. After two years, it just feels right. ;)

#46 Robert MacClure

Rookie

• 4 posts
  • LocationReno, NV

Posted 22 December 2011 - 10:24 AM

Hi all- Back in the days of the PnP game, we had a unit that continued at the Virtual World in Walnut Creek, CA- the 7th Invercoe Lancers, and my unit- MacIan's Marauders, and finally my lance- Where I just go by my name- MacCLure. I'll be rather happy to see this go live, as after the last of the MW games, I've been jonesin' fosome heavy metal action!

#47 flessar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 175 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 22 December 2011 - 10:40 AM

Bandit 3 reporting for bandit and vatborn hunting duties, for the republic!... oh wrong game, For Space Mead!

#48 C0VVB3LL

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 01:31 PM

My "callsign", more of a nickname, came out of a mispronunciation by the folks in my squadron. Instead of Cabell, pronounced cah-bull, it was mispronounced Campbell, Cable and on and on until one day at morning formation either the Chief or First Sergeant said Cowbell and it stuck a few years later the infamous blue oyster cult SNL skit came out and it was sealed forever. Been Cowbell ever since!

#49 kamikaziechameleon

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 01:46 PM

kamikaziechameleon... I got it playing TF2. I used to be that back stabing no good kid that would poison teammates as a medic charge in as a assault sniper or hang back and run in circles drawing sniper fire as a scout. I was a real hands full.

Kamikazi because I had little sense of self preservation and chameleon because I liked TKing, or playing a spy allot. I used to be ridiculously good at FPS games during this time.

My xbox live account got abruptly abreviated to kamikaziechamel by microsoft and so now I'm nick named crazy chamel online by new friends. I still go by kamikaziechameleon in all my pc endeavors though. But for purposes of military speak you can call me kilo charley!

#50 Cong Min Voronkov

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 01:09 PM

My mechwarrior has a Chinese mother and a Russian father but raised in an English speaking orphanage.
So, my mechwarrior’s name is Cong-Min Voronkov.
Cong-Min is a Chinese name that means “intelligent”.
Voronkov is a Russian family name that comes from the Russian word for “raven”.
My call sign will be Corvus, which is the zoological name for crows and ravens.
Care to guess what battlemech I’m hopping to pilot? ;)

#51 Zectorman

• PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 25 December 2011 - 01:32 PM

Names Zectorman, callsign ...Zectorman and or Zector

Been my gamer name since i started playing games, got it from the Sega game Vectorman

Was one of my favorites when i was very small

#52 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 25 December 2011 - 01:47 PM

View PostZectorman, on 25 December 2011 - 01:32 PM, said:

Names Zectorman, callsign ...Zectorman and or Zector

Zetor! ;)
Posted Image

#53 Solistx

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 01:49 PM

Miecznik - Polish for Sword Fish.

Since I speak Polish, am Polish I thought, hell why not a Polish call sign. I go in for quick kills, but when I do its a feriocious sight ;) , I don't mess around with AC20's and ER Lasers.

#54 Zectorman

• PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 25 December 2011 - 02:15 PM

LOL Adridos, as much plowing as i do, its Zector not quite Zetor lol

#55 SilverSble

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationTexas where else?

Posted 25 December 2011 - 02:19 PM

OK. Well Since KALI my call sign has always been SilverSble (NWH made it necessary to drop the "a"). In battle it is just SS. Which would make the character I took it from cringe.

She is a Marvel Comics character. A female mercenary, hunter of war criminals, etc, etc. She's a legitimate mercenary but her methods are not always to the other super heroes likings.

I took that because it marked me as definately female at a time when not many were playing (or at least not openly there). And it stuck.

Posted Image

Edited by SilverSble, 25 December 2011 - 02:45 PM.

#56 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 25 December 2011 - 04:12 PM

View PostZectorman, on 25 December 2011 - 02:15 PM, said:

LOL Adridos, as much plowing as i do, its Zector not quite Zetor lol

I'll stick to the Zetor, though. ;)
Zector seems too old sci-fish to me. ;)

" I'm Zector from planet Grogon. I travel by spaceship (oh yeah!) and I'm going to make peace between people and other races in the galaxy to save them from the evil guys. "

Edited by Adridos, 25 December 2011 - 04:14 PM.

#57 Larry Headrick

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • Locationoklahoma

Posted 25 December 2011 - 05:15 PM

My "callsign" ? Will be playing as "Hawk 1"
Might not be my name in the forums but on the com Im Gonna be Hawk. Why you ask? Because im a Light / med Pilot i Love speed and manuverability, and speed and manuverabilty in the bird world are the raptors. IE. hawks and eagles.

Hawk is also what im gonna call my 'Locust' Scout mech when i get one. ;)

In the table top rpg the others called me Duck because i prefer to pilot bird leg mechs.
god i hope that dosent happen. I dont want to be called duck/duckey, goose, and (Im gonna regret saying it) Loon. ;)

#58 Grotonomus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 367 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationMorningside, Pandora OA, Tamar March, Lyran Space, Federated Commonwealth

Posted 25 December 2011 - 05:39 PM

My tabletop Lances all had Callsigns, and since I've been turning my table top Merc unit into a Mercenary Corporation for MWO. I guess I will have to take the Emerald Riders Commander Callsign of EZ Rider. 1st Scout detachment had the Tag of Tourman 1-6. Indirect fire lance was Steelrain, 2nd Assault detachment was Hitman........etc...etc...

#59 Zectorman

• PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 25 December 2011 - 07:47 PM

View PostAdridos, on 25 December 2011 - 04:12 PM, said:

I'll stick to the Zetor, though. ;)
Zector seems too old sci-fish to me. ;)

" I'm Zector from planet Grogon. I travel by spaceship (oh yeah!) and I'm going to make peace between people and other races in the galaxy to save them from the evil guys. "

You know what, that was exactly what i was going for lol. Although Zetor sounds very Russian lol and i think much more space alien

#60 csvelemental

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 08:20 PM

Headhunter: when down and out and all else fails I always come up with the headshot.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users