Tier 1 In 10 Days (Big Post With Links N Stuff)

220 replies to this topic

#1 King Harkinian

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 09:37 PM

Hello, I'm King Harkinian. Posted Image

I made my account and starting playing at midnight on Thursday/Friday last week. I reached Tier 1 in 10 days. It required 636 matches played to achieve this feat. In addition, I streamed every single match.

This thread contains some fairly pure statistics for those who are interested in this sort of data. Below are a few quick facts, followed by links to the stats themselves.

Here are my general stats, mech stats, and weapon stats.

Here is my build.

~ About 90% of my matches were played in a Nova Prime with 7 Medium Lasers.

~ I averaged over 635 damage per match, over 2.15 kills per match, and roughly 440 average score per match.

~ Actual time logged total to achieve this was apparently 97 hours of time spent in game playing.

Here is a link to the entire series of previous broadcasts featuring all 10 days worth of the grind.

Here is a link to a picture album of post-match scoreboards that were some of my better matches, or other interesting things of note.

Here are my 3 favorite matches, clipped from the stream:
#1 Ace of Spades in 1st Match
#2 1520dmg/7kmdd/7solo, 1v6 clutch ending
#3 9 kills in 5 minutes

Thank you very much for reading this thread, the purpose of posting all of this information was to provide a bit of raw data that may be useful or informative to some, while also announcing that I am ready to join the endgame crowd! I really enjoy this game and think PGI is doing a great job. My next goal is to try my best to reach a final rank in Faction Warfare. See you on the battlefield! Posted Image

PS - I work full time, so I believe that someone could potentially reach Tier 1 in maybe 4-5 days if they played nonstop.

#2 Snazzy Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 2,912 posts
  • LocationRUNNING FAST AND TURNING LEFT

Posted 04 June 2017 - 09:40 PM

Posted Image

Now come back when you're not on an alt stomping seals up to tier 1

#3 Star Colonel Silver Surat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Carnivore
  • The Carnivore
  • 157 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 09:56 PM

View PostKing Harkinian, on 04 June 2017 - 09:37 PM, said:

also announcing that I am ready to join the endgame crowd!

Well I went and watched a minute of your Day 1 stream and you were already intimately familiar with all the game mechanics. If you get Ace of Spades on your very first match then you're already fit for the endgame crowd. Which means you're not actually a new player so this whole thread is kind of useless and basically deceptive.

Props for all the FF7 music though. Good taste.

Edited by Star Colonel Silver Surat, 04 June 2017 - 10:00 PM.

#4 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 04 June 2017 - 09:59 PM

View PostStar Colonel Silver Surat, on 04 June 2017 - 09:56 PM, said:

Well I went and watched a minute of your Day 1 stream and you were already intimately familiar with all the game mechanics. If you get Ace of Spades on your very first match then you're already fit for the endgame crowd. Which means you're not actually a new player so this whole thread is kind of useless and basically deceptive.

ofc not but the system still let him get t1 in 10 days.

#5 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 10:08 PM

View PostDAYLEET, on 04 June 2017 - 09:59 PM, said:

Days don't matter, those 600+ games matter, who the he** plays 600++ games in 10 days :o
60+ games a day, lets say it's 10 mins a game with searches, and other countdowns = 10 hours a day + normal job 8 hours?, well that leaves 6 hours to sleeping and other stuff.

#6 King Harkinian

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 10:11 PM

To answer a few questions already and other stuff...

* Yes I slept about 5-6 hours per night this past week. I get like this when I find a game to play. Fortunately I had Memorial Day off from work (first time I had a 3 day weekend in 6 months). Posted Image

* This is my main - my only - account. I am King Harkinian.

PS - I forgot to mention that I've only played solo quick play matches, even though I had a few people stop by the stream and ask me to join them. I've already met a lot of cool people but I hope to meet more! Posted Image

Edited by King Harkinian, 04 June 2017 - 10:14 PM.

#7 Star Colonel Silver Surat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Carnivore
  • The Carnivore
  • 157 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 10:21 PM

View PostKing Harkinian, on 04 June 2017 - 10:11 PM, said:

Since the last one was banned or something I guess?

#8 Imperius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 04 June 2017 - 10:22 PM

I'm gonna lol when his account turns pink :D

#9 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 04 June 2017 - 10:24 PM

View PostCurccu, on 04 June 2017 - 10:08 PM, said:

Days don't matter, those 600+ games matter, who the he** plays 600++ games in 10 days Posted Image
60+ games a day, lets say it's 10 mins a game with searches, and other countdowns = 10 hours a day + normal job 8 hours?, well that leaves 6 hours to sleeping and other stuff.

Well the point then is that it only took 686 match. Which is what, 1000 or 1500 less than what is supposed. OP should do it boating ssrm or lrm now. Just to illustrate that its just an xp bar. Not like we dont know that already though.

#10 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 04 June 2017 - 10:28 PM

View PostDAYLEET, on 04 June 2017 - 10:24 PM, said:

Well the point then is that it only took 686 match. Which is what, 1000 or 1500 less than what is supposed. OP should do it boating ssrm or lrm now. Just to illustrate that its just an xp bar. Not like we dont know that already though.

I'll probably be Tier 1 in July (when I actually start playing again lol) RIP Dire Wolf may you become un-nerfed soon™

#11 meteorol

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 10:59 PM

View PostKing Harkinian, on 04 June 2017 - 10:11 PM, said:

Honestly, you will have a hard time finding people who believe that.

I watched your "First match" video. I didn't even have to watch the whole thing to get the convincement that you are not a new player. What gave you away, among the fact that your movement shows that you have played the game previously to the video, is the fact that you immediately spotted the (allegedly) first UAV you ever saw, knew what it did, and knew you had to, and more importantly could shoot it down. Together with your general movement and shooting this is easily enough overwhelming circumstantial evidence to get the convincement you played this game before.

No one is going to sh*t on you for creating an alt. account. Everyone does it. Heck, i'm playing on an alt account. No one is going to sh*t on you for coming back to the game, creating a new account (unless the reason is your previous account was banned for whatever reason).

What people don't like though, is obviously getting lied to their face. Which is why i predict you will get a lot of flak in this topic.

Edited by meteorol, 04 June 2017 - 11:20 PM.

#12 ByteHacker

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 54 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 11:41 PM

View Postmeteorol, on 04 June 2017 - 10:59 PM, said:

Honestly, you will have a hard time finding people who believe that.

I watched your "First match" video. I didn't even have to watch the whole thing to get the convincement that you are not a new player. What gave you away, among the fact that your movement shows that you have played the game previously to the video, is the fact that you immediately spotted the (allegedly) first UAV you ever saw, knew what it did, and knew you had to, and more importantly could shoot it down. Together with your general movement and shooting this is easily enough overwhelming circumstantial evidence to get the convincement you played this game before.

No one is going to sh*t on you for creating an alt. account. Everyone does it. Heck, i'm playing on an alt account. No one is going to sh*t on you for coming back to the game, creating a new account (unless the reason is your previous account was banned for whatever reason).

What people don't like though, is obviously getting lied to their face. Which is why i predict you will get a lot of flak in this topic.

Agreed. What I find odd about the whole thing is that I doubt most people will come into a new game and say "Hey, why not I record this game starting with the first game not ever playing a single match before and then post evidence and say I'm so good at this 10 days later". Mechwarrior is hell of a confusing game to new players. Hell, I remember screwing up my first account buying mechs I didn't know how to use and wasting c-bills selling mechs. I only started getting good at this game like the 100th game in.

If you want to brag about how great you are at pubstomping, just say so! There's no need to go one whole circle and say "Look at me, I'm so cool, I pubstomp"

#13 UnofficialOperator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,493 posts
  • LocationIn your head

Posted 04 June 2017 - 11:48 PM

View Postmeteorol, on 04 June 2017 - 10:59 PM, said:

Yeah I think you hit it right on the head. His movements with arm lasers are too good for a new player as well. Personally I couldn't even spot the uav. The overall style did remind me of a certain player though.

PS: Interesting that he could be doing his placement matches versus players with unit tags though

Edited by UnofficialOperator, 04 June 2017 - 11:52 PM.

#14 Ced Riggs

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 825 posts
  • Locationunclear, mech stuck in bay.

Posted 05 June 2017 - 12:00 AM

I want to say European, but something tells me it's over the pond, with European roots. And definately not vegan. I mean, when you add 2 and 2 together, and come up with 8 instead of 4... :^)

#15 I_AM_ZUUL

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,017 posts
  • LocationIsle of Skye (Freeing Skye from the Steiner usurpers)

Posted 05 June 2017 - 12:02 AM

View PostDAYLEET, on 04 June 2017 - 10:24 PM, said:

I filled up over half the Tier 2 bar in about 20 hours of play using nothing but LRMs to prove the point about how it was nothing but an XP bar to someone

#16 Zergling

• The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 2,439 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 12:32 AM

Everybody knows such an obvious alt when they see one, so just say what your original account name is.

If you don't, then people will assume you've got something to hide.

#17 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 02:14 AM

View PostImperius, on 04 June 2017 - 10:22 PM, said:

I'm gonna lol when his account turns pink Posted Image

Considering he SPAMS his twitch channel in every match, usually while he is still alive and should otherwise be focusing on the match for his team... I'm looking forward to that pink color also. Not to mention that his KDR is more than twice his WLR...well you can easily figure out how he managed that feat.

#18 Jiang Wei

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 02:40 AM

View PostDAYLEET, on 04 June 2017 - 09:59 PM, said:

I did the same thing. Roughly. I think it was in less time than him. I wasnt smurfing though, It was when the the teir system was new and everyone started at teir 5.

Your first match "ace of spades game" wasnt your first match. You were already almost half way to teir 3 so it couldnt have been your first match. Why do you have to lie? Not only are you here tooting your own horn, with full records of all your best games and stats, but you even lie about them too... really dude? A little self absorbed arent you.

Anyway all this proves is that the teir system is far too lenient. Nearly every game I play I am still going up in tier even when I lose. You have to be REALLY bad at this game to stay in teir 5

Edited by Jiang Wei, 05 June 2017 - 03:46 AM.

#19 Scyther

• 1,271 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 05 June 2017 - 03:05 AM

"Hai guyz, I r new player! I mediately figgered out the killz billdz for chill thrillz with mah mad skillz! Come watch me cuz I r so gud! I show yew howz 2 B gud 2! Game is ez mode. Watch my teevee!

Oh yah, did I mention, I r new? I r so new I'z newd! Watch my play in the newd! C U there!"

#20 razenWing

• The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 03:25 AM

Well, I want to give him fair credit.

REGARDLESS of alt seal clubbing or not, 10 days from 5 to 1 is still impressive. I know one of my unit mate jump 5-3 after 2 games. So, if you are good, it's definitely possible.

So, I like to challenge another forumer to match his achievement. See if you can speed run an alt account to T1. Basically, 60 hours to go from tier 3 to tier 1. I think it would be a fun speed run. (maybe even hosted by PGI???)

Who will take up the challenge? The only requirement, you must reveal your main account on your alt upon completion.

-------------

Edit: Alternatively, who do you think will achieve this feat the fastest? Proton is the best player I've seen playing in Solo ques. I think if all he does is play meta mech, how fast do you think he can do it?

Edited by razenWing, 05 June 2017 - 03:28 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users