Tier 1 In 10 Days (Big Post With Links N Stuff)

220 replies to this topic

#21 Gwei Loong

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 135 posts
  • LocationHere & There

Posted 05 June 2017 - 03:36 AM

I love the salt in this thread. Welcome to MWO. No it's not a hard game but it is a fun one. Even better when you consider everything is free. One of the best F2P FPS out there. PGI has done really well.
Personally I hit tier one within a month of playing but I bought a Rifleman. That was just over 1000 games for me. Sense then I have level multiple accounts into tier one and farmed the free FW mechbays.
I wouldn't listen to some of these players here; they are known to be more than a little toxic. However, you know that because you also post on HPG. So you probably already don’t expect much from the sea of tears.
I recently found that just muting all coms in game worked best for me. Then I even went so far as to disabled the in game chat windows. When my friends do play we use discord anyway. All I really need is a mini map for solo que.
I now run in a windowed mode with VirtualDJ and I patched the video driver though the video mixer. What are you using to record your matches with?
I've run into you a few times and I must say you are somebody to watch out for. Hope to see you around in game. I can easily see how many in this community were not ready for it.

Cheers, Gwei Loong.

(edit: Zuul sense getting multiple bans for in game behaviour you started an alt did you not? You been playing it for about a week maybe a little longer; what tier is ***stain now?)

Edited by Gwei Loong, 05 June 2017 - 03:52 AM.

#22 King Harkinian

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 04:01 AM

View PostJiang Wei, on 05 June 2017 - 02:40 AM, said:

Your first match "ace of spades game" wasnt your first match. You were already almost half way to teir 3 so it couldnt have been your first match.

You can see "Cadet Bonus 1" appear twice. Once during at the end of the battle, and again when I return to the mech lab area.

#23 Gwei Loong

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 135 posts
  • LocationHere & There

Posted 05 June 2017 - 04:07 AM

The PSR level wouldn't be calculated until after the match. In the beginning there is a bonus applied to PSR. It helps seed better players into the upper tiers. So I see how the OP had a match such as this one and ended up in tier 3 right away.

#24 Burke IV

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 04:07 AM

All i can say is lol at that locust in the "ace of spades" match. Far too common. The streaming spent alot of time buffering so i dint watch much past that locust coming round back of you.

Edited by Burke IV, 05 June 2017 - 04:08 AM.

#25 Jiang Wei

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 04:14 AM

Its far too easy to teir up IMO. They ought to make it harder.

#26 meteorol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 04:21 AM

View PostrazenWing, on 05 June 2017 - 03:25 AM, said:

Well, I want to give him fair credit.

REGARDLESS of alt seal clubbing or not, 10 days from 5 to 1 is still impressive. I know one of my unit mate jump 5-3 after 2 games. So, if you are good, it's definitely possible.

So, I like to challenge another forumer to match his achievement. See if you can speed run an alt account to T1. Basically, 60 hours to go from tier 3 to tier 1. I think it would be a fun speed run. (maybe even hosted by PGI???)

Who will take up the challenge? The only requirement, you must reveal your main account on your alt upon completion.

-------------

Edit: Alternatively, who do you think will achieve this feat the fastest? Proton is the best player I've seen playing in Solo ques. I think if all he does is play meta mech, how fast do you think he can do it?

Jumping to tier 3 in a single match is pretty easy, because you get a massive PSR boost from the first few matches. Doing something like 800 damage 4-5 kills is enough to boost you to T3 on your first match, iirc.

What i did on my alt though, was purposely throw the first 50 matches, because i wanted to test how deep a truely new player, that has no idea what he is doing, will get into T5. Which means i used the PSR boost into the other direction, to get the account worse.

Lets just say i was shocked how difficult it actually is to lose PSR, even with averaging 9 matchscore on purpose and using the PSR boost during the first matches.

After tanking the PSR as deep as i could within 50 matches, i'm halfway through t2 with around 540 matches played, averaging 450+ matchscore and a k/d ~ 5. I'm pretty sure i'd be T1 by now if i didn't use the PSR multiplicator to tank the account, but to get it to T3 in match 1.

But i won't post on my alt. account, because it's forbidden. I won't claim my alt. account is an independent main account, because it's against the forum rules and a banable offense if i'm not mistaken (if you are also posting on your main account. IIRC, one person posting from two accounts is forbidden). I use the alt account mainly because i want to be able to play both IS and Clan in CW at any given time. I don't want any kind of connection between my main and my alt., which is why i won't even mention my alt accounts name, ever. What i certainly won't do is claiming i'm i new player on my alt. for whatever reason.

Edited by meteorol, 05 June 2017 - 04:26 AM.

#27 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,885 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 05 June 2017 - 04:25 AM

If the game is that easy for the OP, I can't imagine how bored he must be with it.
Instant mastery of something that you then are forced to engage in is never fun, and yet he wasn't forced, he was on a mission to show us just how easy the game is. He did it for our sake.
He played the equivalent of 636 matches of Candyland with us idiot children just to show us all how easy it can be to walk that rainbow colored path to Tier 1.
What a chore it must have seemed to play something that intensely but so apparently simplistic for him only for the sake of collecting "raw data that some might find useful" and to give PGI pat on the back for doing a great job...at apparently making a game that is simple and without any challenge for this most supreme of players.

What an odd thing to do.

Takes all kinds I guess.

#28 Lovas

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • 436 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 04:27 AM

View Postmeteorol, on 04 June 2017 - 10:59 PM, said:

is the fact that you immediately spotted the (allegedly) first UAV you ever saw, knew what it did, and knew you had to, and more importantly could shoot it down.

I remember when I was new, I had heard people talking about the need to shoot down UAVs. I was determined to be helpful to my team when I spotted my first one. It was hovering over this mech following him around and I worked my arse off trying to shoot it down. It started to get closer and closer to this guy before it disappeared while my lasers continued to fire away. I got a couple WTF's from him while I was telling him that a UAV was following him and I was trying to protect him.

That was the day I learned that 3PV produced a drone. Fun times

#29 MOBAjobg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 04:39 AM

Gratz!

While your stats are much better than mine, it's not going to deter me from requesting for some focus fire upon you in-game that's for sure.

Edited by MOBAjobg, 05 June 2017 - 04:43 AM.

#30 Gwei Loong

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 135 posts
  • LocationHere & There

Posted 05 June 2017 - 04:42 AM

View PostJiang Wei, on 05 June 2017 - 04:14 AM, said:

Its far too easy to teir up IMO. They ought to make it harder.

I would not have minded that at all. I was happy making 400k to 500k a drop. Games with 4 kmdd and 4 kills a match are much more fun than paying with people that know how to target and can actually finish your kills if you’re not careful. In the upper tiers the kills are much more spread out between the team.
So please PGI put me back in tier 5 and the first thing I am going to do is change my name, strip everything from all my cockpits, paint all my mech’s noob green, put the game back over to my desktop so I can easily change my resolution and then pretend I am a new player. I can see that as being very entertaining.
Remember the story of the “Monkey and Monk.” We are our own worst enemy. I have nothing to gain by the idea that ego is important; a name is not worth c-bills. So yes, lets reset the Tiers.

Edited by Gwei Loong, 05 June 2017 - 10:31 AM.

#31 razenWing

• The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 04:43 AM

View Postmeteorol, on 05 June 2017 - 04:21 AM, said:

Jumping to tier 3 in a single match is pretty easy, because you get a massive PSR boost from the first few matches. Doing something like 800 damage 4-5 kills is enough to boost you to T3 on your first match, iirc.

What i did on my alt though, was purposely throw the first 50 matches, because i wanted to test how deep a truely new player, that has no idea what he is doing, will get into T5. Which means i used the PSR boost into the other direction, to get the account worse.

Lets just say i was shocked how difficult it actually is to lose PSR, even with averaging 9 matchscore on purpose and using the PSR boost during the first matches.

After tanking the PSR as deep as i could within 50 matches, i'm halfway through t2 with around 540 matches played, averaging 450+ matchscore and a k/d ~ 5. I'm pretty sure i'd be T1 by now if i didn't use the PSR multiplicator to tank the account, but to get it to T3 in match 1.

But i won't post on my alt. account, because it's forbidden. I won't claim my alt. account is an independent main account, because it's against the forum rules and a banable offense if i'm not mistaken (if you are also posting on your main account. IIRC, one person posting from two accounts is forbidden). I use the alt account mainly because i want to be able to play both IS and Clan in CW at any given time. I don't want any kind of connection between my main and my alt., which is why i won't even mention my alt accounts name, ever. What i certainly won't do is claiming i'm i new player on my alt. for whatever reason.

Excellent, so speed run contest is on? Let's not talk it like a epeen contest, but let's put it to a test for reals.

I have come up with a few rules:

1: No real money/mc purchase: But luckily, with the recent skill change and the 25 game cadet bonus, you can get your main powerleveling mech setup really easily.

2: No link association with main account. You can blur your alt name. HOWEVER, your alt name must have a 4 numbers at the very end as unique identifier showing that you indeed... started and finished with the same account. THOSE 4 numbers cannot be blurred. Everything else in screenshot just need to show timestamp. (you may need screenshot from the game screen to show tier AND from the website to show the amount of games played)

3: This is a contest for the LEAST amount of playing time, not the least amount of games. So, if you like to wait 12 min a game while everyone is dead with your 100% Direwolf hoping to clean up 8 kills, then you will probably not do very good in this contest. We are only counting game time (I believe that's a stat in the profile).

4: No exploits or cheating. This goes without saying.

5: T1 run ends as soon as you cross the T1 threshold. You are not required to hold it for 5 games or something.

6: Solo drops ONLY. We are not going to be carried by our teammates. Bad teammates is a fact of life, deal with it.

Come on people, let's see who can set the MWO speed run record from T5 to T1! Winner will be given the forum title, "God of MWO Gaming"

Game on!

Edited by razenWing, 05 June 2017 - 04:44 AM.

#32 NeoCodex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 799 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 04:56 AM

I would get bored to death by playing the same build for 600 games. That is just insanity. I never even touched my Novas since the release, it's just not my style. I played in total maybe 10 games this year.. and less than a 100 last year.. I made more forum posts than games played in the last 2 years. But I'm still buying mech packs, because reasons.

I can't do much more before I get bored, but I still cherish this game as it's significantly more complicated and different than Overwatch, where my poor 30 year old skills just don't translate that well compared to hyped up teenagers in OW GM league (and that game can get even more boring than MWO). Even tough I never reached T1 since the SR change, I'm proud of MWO skills and experience as I'm pretty sure that all those elite OW players that make fun of me would be completely lost and helpless in MWO, where I would kick their asses back to OW tutorial level.

And that is why I don't believe it's his first game/account. There is no way anyone new could get this good so quickly. Props for the good plays, but why lie about it. Just admit you made an alt, it's still an amazing achivement to pull off in 10 days. I would rather work double shifts than be forced to play this for 600 games in this time period.

Edited by NeoCodex, 05 June 2017 - 05:00 AM.

#33 Oldbob10025

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 831 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationOldfolks home

Posted 05 June 2017 - 05:35 AM

View PostKing Harkinian, on 04 June 2017 - 10:11 PM, said:

* This is my main - my only - account. I am King Harkinian.

I have to agree with most of the community is that something smells fishy about you claiming that king Harkinian is your only account and you did that so fast. Your weapon groupings are spot on, your situational awareness is also spot on on where to go, your targeting is also spot on as well.

The community just smells something fishy with your comment of its your only account and main account, also you never addressed it in the posts as well meaning your avoiding the question as well.

If you did it from being a pure potato from T5 never played the game EVER, and learned in your first game about weapon groups, weapon placement,purchasing a meta nova, jump firing, and also target placement in your first game then more power to you.

Just smells fishy thats all to the community

#34 Prof RJ Gumby

• The People's Hero
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 06:15 AM

View PostOldbob10025, on 05 June 2017 - 05:35 AM, said:

I have to agree with most of the community is that something smells fishy about you claiming that king Harkinian is your only account and you did that so fast. Your weapon groupings are spot on, your situational awareness is also spot on on where to go, your targeting is also spot on as well.

The community just smells something fishy with your comment of its your only account and main account, also you never addressed it in the posts as well meaning your avoiding the question as well.

If you did it from being a pure potato from T5 never played the game EVER, and learned in your first game about weapon groups, weapon placement,purchasing a meta nova, jump firing, and also target placement in your first game then more power to you.

Just smells fishy thats all to the community

This may be his only account, but surely it's not the first one. Just look at his first match.

He clearly knows the map (including base layout on incursion), he goes exactly to the spot he wanted to go, he knows where to expect the enemies he doesn't even look around until the middle of the map. He spots a distant UAV with ease, when an enemy locust runs towards him and then away, he momentarily knows that the locust wanted to leave the UAV above him and shoots said UAV down within a second. He has arms unlocked by default and has no problem with managing them. He has no problem with side-strafing by pointing legs diagonally. He has no problem with getting stuck or even slowed down on any uneven terrain, because he uses jump jets well to jump over obstacles beforehand. He poptarts effectivelly with lasers and switches targets mid-air if the first one proves to be unaccessible. He R-jumps the enemies to read their exact distances to decide whom and when to shoot. When lurmed, he instinctively run to the closest cover before even looking for it. He knows mech hitboxes and loadouts, when shooting he aims at most crutial components. He killed a thunderbolt's CT when it was 90 degrees in relation to him by very carefully aiming for that narrow sticking-out part. He knows how to spread damage in a nova. He knows the "groin" counts as CT" and knows when to shoot it to get that 8th kill at the expense of other players shooting the last enemy.

Verdict: Experienced player. Period.

Actually, he doesn't even claim that it is first account, only that it is the only one now.

------------
As to PSR, it should get a rework and soon. It was never even and tended to bring people up slowly almost most of the time, but with that health boosts from survival tree and previous armor buffs, the match scores get so inflated that soon everybody and their mother will be tier 1.

Edited by Prof RJ Gumby, 05 June 2017 - 06:27 AM.

#35 Mr D One

• Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 1,266 posts
  • LocationMmmmmm yes

Posted 05 June 2017 - 06:36 AM

View Postmeteorol, on 05 June 2017 - 04:21 AM, said:

But i won't post on my alt. account, because it's forbidden. I won't claim my alt. account is an independent main account, because it's against the forum rules and a banable offense if i'm not mistaken

You are mistaken. There is no consequence for using an alt account. The first world tournament had the same player under two different account names in one match up, and there was no comeback.

#36 Summon3r

• 2,291 posts
  • Locationowning in sommet non meta

Posted 05 June 2017 - 06:41 AM

View PostKing Harkinian, on 04 June 2017 - 10:11 PM, said:

* This is my main - my only - account. I am King Harkinian.

your a clown, are you seriously on the forums looking for pats on the back and praise at your reaching T1 on your alt account

get out of your parents basement for half a minute its June the weather is nice, even here in Canada its 30 degrees C

#37 meteorol

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 06:45 AM

View PostPeter Wolf 359, on 05 June 2017 - 06:36 AM, said:

You are mistaken. There is no consequence for using an alt account. The first world tournament had the same player under two different account names in one match up, and there was no comeback.

Read again what i wrote. I never claimed there are consequences to "using" an alt account. I said it's forbidden to "post" with two accounts. Playing on two accounts is allowed. I'm doing it myself, which should be pretty obvious from my post. Posting on the forum with 2 different accounts is not. Pretty sure the CM (Tina) mentioned it in a thread.

#38 Mr D One

• Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 1,266 posts
  • LocationMmmmmm yes

Posted 05 June 2017 - 06:51 AM

View Postmeteorol, on 05 June 2017 - 06:45 AM, said:

Read again what i wrote. I never claimed there are consequences to "using" an alt account. I said it's forbidden to "post" with two accounts. Playing on two accounts is allowed. I'm doing it myself, which should be pretty obvious from my post. Posting on the forum with 2 different accounts is not. Pretty sure the CM (Tina) mentioned it in a thread.

I mis read what you posted. My mistake. I am not sure of the forum rules but in game if 1 player is using 2 accounts in game there should be consequences.

#39 meteorol

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 06:59 AM

View PostPeter Wolf 359, on 05 June 2017 - 06:51 AM, said:

I mis read what you posted. My mistake. I am not sure of the forum rules but in game if 1 player is using 2 accounts in game there should be consequences.

I searched for the quote and found it:

View PostTina Benoit, on 12 July 2016 - 10:46 AM, said:

Making an Alt account to play MWO is not against CoC.
However posting on the forums with more than 1 account is.
There's several reasons why posting with 2 accounts can cause conflicts.

#40 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 07:06 AM

View PostProf RJ Gumby, on 05 June 2017 - 06:15 AM, said:

Actually, he doesn't even claim that it is first account, only that it is the only one now.

My favourite back field camper / only comes out to steal kills player who does a LOT of games has been absent for about a week or so and has been suspended previously for long periods would be my guess on who this fellow is.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users