Tier 1 In 10 Days (Big Post With Links N Stuff)

220 replies to this topic

#61 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,906 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 05 June 2017 - 08:52 AM

View PostKing Harkinian, on 05 June 2017 - 08:42 AM, said:

it seems like a lot of people are apparently angry over my success

No anger that I can tell more like indignation with a bit of bewilderment over why you would stage such a thing and then brag about it? (by stage I mean: videoing every match from the supposed moment you started playing a game you claim to have never played before, taking screen shots of every match and then posting them in an organized manner takes preparation and forethought). Good fo you. You are great at the game and are bragging about it. People tend to have mixed reactions to bragging. Nothing more than that...well, other than the suspicion that your in game conduct sugges anything other than a novice player which you continue to assert nonetheless.

#62 razenWing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 08:55 AM

I am not this player, sorry. I am King Harkinian. This is my main. This is who I am. I'm sorry if this bothers anyone, truly. I don't know why I am apologizing, but it seems like a lot of people are apparently angry over my success. Or maybe it's the twitch plug, I don't know. I have to start somewhere. I am here playing by myself, you know. I'm not taking donations or asking for money, so I don't see a problem...

PS - I would appreciate it if people stopped the personal attacks, I fail to see pparently I'm being compared to Kim Jong Un, and a loser in his parents basement - this seems a bit ridiculous, if not hilarious.

Sheesh... all I did was post an achievement that I'm proud of, one that as far as I could tell had never been achieved before, and I get bashed for it. I lost enough sleep grinding this out for good reason, and I'm not about to lose sleep over it due to angry members of the community. I've met so many friendly and helpful players already, so I'll just overlook some of the vitriol and turn the other cheek. If there's anything I can do to help out in-game or make your MWO experience better, just ask.

I agree that the vitriol is uncalled for. Again, I repeat, having the grind to go with pure mission to level from T5 to T1 is impressive in itself, and to have 600 games in just 10 days in quite an achievement. So it really doesn't matter if you think King Harkinian is actually Proton in disguise. Cause, if Proton came on here and said he leveled an alt from t5 to t1, most of you would think it's amazing too. You guys are too caught up in the "first time playing" claim, when it's actually the most irrelevant detail.

How many of you guys (and please, don't theorycraft) can do it? Maybe a few of you... great, but no one has stepped up to the plate to even attempt it. Take my challenge if you think it's a negligible achievement. Beat him by 10 games, 20 games, or even 30 games. But until then, all those salt are just crybaby tears.

Edited by razenWing, 05 June 2017 - 08:57 AM.

#63 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 05 June 2017 - 08:57 AM

View Postmeteorol, on 04 June 2017 - 10:59 PM, said:

What people don't like though, is obviously getting lied to their face. Which is why i predict you will get a lot of flak in this topic.

Agree with everything except this.. I find IRL it appears people do prefer to be lied to than to actually hear the truth more often than not. Because the truth tends to put responsibility where it lies, and makes people face unpleasant truths about themselves.

And hell..... f people didn't like being bald faced lied to no one would belong to ANY political party in any country, pretty much ever, since that is what literally every candidate does... yet people form divisive, line in the sand "us vs them" stances over these lies.

Humans...truly a fascinating organism to watch on our march toward self annihilation.

#64 Roughneck45

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 05 June 2017 - 08:57 AM

View PostKing Harkinian, on 05 June 2017 - 08:50 AM, said:

Yes, yes, and yes.

-----

Well good on your for doing your homework. Its amazing how many people drop right in without a clue, isn't it?

I don't see anything to interpret as bragging in that OP either, unless people are seriously put off by that Posted Image you threw in there lol.

Edited by Roughneck45, 05 June 2017 - 08:58 AM.

#65 Humpday

• The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 1,463 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 09:00 AM

Welp yeah, same thoughts as everyone else.

I took me 4 Months and ~3000 games to get into Tier1....and let me tell ya, as a n00b I went all the way to the bottom of T5 despite having started 75% done with T5(default).

I didn't know what UAVs were let alone that you could shoot them down or can identify which uav is enemy/friendly, Alpha/Beta, ran out in front of everyone to die ect ect ect all the stuff new players do.

The simple fact that you walked into a game knowing a little bit of anything is a dead tell.

No one is upset...just simply stating the obvious of what you're doing.

EDIT: Though i have to say, I did get my ace of spaces before even getting out of T5, but I mean, my first season I played ~800 games.

Edited by Humpday, 05 June 2017 - 09:04 AM.

#66 Bluttrunken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 830 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 09:00 AM

For more "statistical relevant data" please repeat this in a Vindicator.

#67 Ryllen Kriel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 754 posts
  • LocationBetween the last bottle and the next.

Posted 05 June 2017 - 09:04 AM

PS - I would appreciate it if people stopped the personal attacks, I fail to see pparently I'm being compared to Kim Jong Un, and a loser in his parents basement - this seems a bit ridiculous, if not hilarious.

Sheesh... all I did was post an achievement that I'm proud of, one that as far as I could tell had never been achieved before, and I get bashed for it. I lost enough sleep grinding this out for good reason, and I'm not about to lose sleep over it due to angry members of the community. I've met so many friendly and helpful players already, so I'll just overlook some of the vitriol and turn the other cheek. If there's anything I can do to help out in-game or make your MWO experience better, just ask.

It was Kim Jong-Il, not his son Kim Jong-Un. And I used a humorous comparison to his self promotions which he often used as a form of bragging and all these posts about how easy the game is and how you achieved Ace of Spades your first match, etc etc. Self-promotion never looks good and you have been doing a lot of it publicly. That's why the community is teasing you back a bit. You're probably a nice guy, just roll with the punches and laugh it off.

#68 AphexTwin11

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 398 posts
  • LocationLooking right through you, with somniferous almond eyes

Posted 05 June 2017 - 09:09 AM

Posted Image

...I wish johny Z was here to make the claim that this was all due to aimbot and wallhax

Edited by AphexTwin11, 05 June 2017 - 09:10 AM.

#69 kesmai

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,429 posts
  • LocationPirate's Bay

Posted 05 June 2017 - 09:11 AM

let´s see how your stats do when everyone is after your a.s.s.
leaning too far out of the window usually leads to a falling problem...

#70 Ryllen Kriel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 754 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 09:11 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 05 June 2017 - 08:57 AM, said:

Agree with everything except this.. I find IRL it appears people do prefer to be lied to than to actually hear the truth more often than not. Because the truth tends to put responsibility where it lies, and makes people face unpleasant truths about themselves.

And hell..... f people didn't like being bald faced lied to no one would belong to ANY political party in any country, pretty much ever, since that is what literally every candidate does... yet people form divisive, line in the sand "us vs them" stances over these lies.

Humans...truly a fascinating organism to watch on our march toward self annihilation.

This month National Geographic has an excellent article on lying and human nature which you may enjoy reading Bishop.

#71 Cy Mitchell

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 09:12 AM

Nova OP. PGI PLZ NERF.....again after the third again, the second again and the first again. Oh wait, lasers are getting adjusted this month. So, that will be the fourth again.

Congratz to the OP. Impressive accomplishment no matter what your MWO status was a month ago.

#72 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 09:14 AM

View PostRyllen Kriel, on 05 June 2017 - 09:11 AM, said:

This month National Geographic has an excellent article on lying and human nature which you may enjoy reading Bishop.

I'll give it a looksy. Maybe it's because my Aspie brain is wired more akin to Spock's... but while I find neurotypical behavior ..... inconsistent, illogical and generally frustrating when having to deal with it, personally... I do find it makes for fascinating case studies on an edification level.

#73 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 09:14 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 05 June 2017 - 08:57 AM, said:

Which explains how Trump got elected to the presidency.

#74 Yellonet

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,956 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 05 June 2017 - 09:17 AM

Over 60 matches per day for 10 days straight... uhmm... ok. Posted Image

#75 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 June 2017 - 09:18 AM

View PostYellonet, on 05 June 2017 - 09:17 AM, said:

Over 60 matches per day for 10 days straight... uhmm... ok. Posted Image

thats some dedicated attention seeking right there. just for twitch views.... lol.

#76 Yellonet

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,956 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 05 June 2017 - 09:25 AM

View PostAlienized, on 05 June 2017 - 09:18 AM, said:

thats some dedicated attention seeking right there. just for twitch views.... lol.
Well I might have played 30-40 matches on a single isolated day when I was playing the most, but more than 60... for 10 days straight... damn.

#77 Natred

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 716 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationWest Texas

Posted 05 June 2017 - 09:26 AM

He must have done some extensive time in the academy. Already knowing to shoot down uavs. Also fighting with arms unlocked. Yeah right. You must have played atleast a couple matches on your friends account or something. Just be honest.

Edited by Natred, 05 June 2017 - 09:31 AM.

#78 Ryllen Kriel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 754 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 09:39 AM

View PostrazenWing, on 05 June 2017 - 08:55 AM, said:

I agree that the vitriol is uncalled for. Again, I repeat, having the grind to go with pure mission to level from T5 to T1 is impressive in itself, and to have 600 games in just 10 days in quite an achievement. So it really doesn't matter if you think King Harkinian is actually Proton in disguise. Cause, if Proton came on here and said he leveled an alt from t5 to t1, most of you would think it's amazing too. You guys are too caught up in the "first time playing" claim, when it's actually the most irrelevant detail.

How many of you guys (and please, don't theorycraft) can do it? Maybe a few of you... great, but no one has stepped up to the plate to even attempt it. Take my challenge if you think it's a negligible achievement. Beat him by 10 games, 20 games, or even 30 games. But until then, all those salt are just crybaby tears.

It's an impressive feat in that a person would want to burn himself out playing that much in a short time period. That is a lot of games in a week, but I'm not sure it earns much respect because tier level isn't very important. Some people can eat 100 hotdogs in an hour...it's kind of morbidly amazing in the same fashion but not many would want to attempt it because it's unhealthy and silly. I'm not sure why either goal deserves respect, nor do I understand why anyone would accept this challenge, especially from random people on the internet. It's a grind...that's all, tier level is just a Blizzard game.

#79 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 09:42 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 05 June 2017 - 09:14 AM, said:

Which explains how Trump got elected to the presidency.

Sure. But do you think Bernie or Hillary would have been any more honest? I don't do Politics, TBH, but there is one thing I can say for Trump. I can trust him. Because I KNOW that he is a sociopath and a demagogue, and as such I can trust he will always do whatever is best for his own short term interest, because he doesn't care what he leaves behind for anyone else.
'
Mind you, that ain't the same as saying he won't lie. Just that anyone with two working braincells should be able to see the lie coming, and trust that regardless of what he says or pledges, that he will do what is best for HIM.

Kind of the Scorpion and the Frog sort of thing. It's his nature, and one should always trust in a person to be true to hteir inherent nature.

#80 razenWing

• The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 09:47 AM

View PostRyllen Kriel, on 05 June 2017 - 09:39 AM, said:

It's an impressive feat in that a person would want to burn himself out playing that much in a short time period. That is a lot of games in a week, but I'm not sure it earns much respect because tier level isn't very important. Some people can eat 100 hotdogs in an hour...it's kind of morbidly amazing in the same fashion but not many would want to attempt it because it's unhealthy and silly. I'm not sure why either goal deserves respect, nor do I understand why anyone would accept this challenge, especially from random people on the internet. It's a grind...that's all, tier level is just a Blizzard game.

None the less, we wouldn't call out and throw shade at the hotdog contest winner, right?

It's okay to think little of particular achievement, I just feel the forum has gone overboard (and obsessive) over whether it's his main account or not. Personally, I don't care. I just think it's impressive to have this done. (like the people that practice for years to beat Mario under 3 minutes)

Now, obviously, if the Mario speed run guy then turn to the camera and was like, "this is my first time playing." I get why people would get upset. BUT, in fairness, is the world record not achieved? I think same thing could be applicable here.

At the very least, he released his full game footage, to prove that this is not done with hacks. So, it's not quite the Barry Bonds situation either.

Edited by razenWing, 05 June 2017 - 09:49 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users