Tier 1 In 10 Days (Big Post With Links N Stuff)

220 replies to this topic

#101 Humpday

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 1,463 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 11:35 AM

View PostYellonet, on 05 June 2017 - 09:17 AM, said:

Over 60 matches per day for 10 days straight... uhmm... ok. Posted Image

I thats possible. On season 9 I played 1518 games, assuming a 30 day month...thats about 50 a day.
I have a full blown engineering career. So its possible...not practical or sensible by any means and riding the edge of having a "problem"...but no I never said I was practical or sensible lololol

#102 Oldbob10025

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 831 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationOldfolks home

Posted 05 June 2017 - 11:55 AM

If this is a troll post "well played"

I think what the problem is that it stinks like a major lie to get twitch followers and thats no way to get them first off to start your account. I've been on twitch for over three years and one thing you dont want to do is lie to your fan base as thats the best way to lose people and to destroy your account..

You stated that you only have one account no alts and you started at Tier 5 and in 10 days with 60 games in a day got to Tier 1. If thats true the Dam good job but everyone sees some holes in you posts.

What people find almost impossible is watching some of your videos ( I wont anymore as I see some red flags on your posts and also what you posted, its a free country) but your a Crack DIE HARD Mechwarrior Pilot just picking up the game and downloading it with not playing what so ever starting at Tier 5 and Your words " This is my only and main account" meaning that you only have a T5 account and well never played. Even playing one crappy game gets you to Tier 4 to say the least and i've heard some goto to Tier 3 off about 5 or 6 games but the proof is in the pudding.

You started a Twitch channel and posted your games on the channel of your games to "Prove your point" of being a CRACK ELITE MECHWARRIOR PILOT right off the bat from downloading the game.. Well I and many others know that its almost Impossible and all and all unheard of as there is SOOOOO much to this game and watching your videos of your first match you know.
1)Targeting
2)Weapon Grouping
3)Jump Sniping
4)Torso Twisting
5)Etc (add here)
You played before with an alt account doing all those things are at least a skilled player.

If thats your alt account no worries and hell good for you but to fib and try to get viewers to your twitch channel is only going to destroy your channel faster than it can take off.

I'm trying to help you man as i've seen these things happen over the years of people doing this kinda of stuff and crashing and not seeing them take off and become some great twitch streamers that everyone can enjoy. Just be truthful to you viewers and you will do fine, Lie to them and well "who are you again" is the common phrase you will get.

#103 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 12:22 PM

View PostOldbob10025, on 05 June 2017 - 11:55 AM, said:

Even playing one crappy game gets you to Tier 4 to say the least and i've heard some goto to Tier 3 off about 5 or 6 games but the proof is in the pudding.

It doesn't though. I had one crappy game and then nine consecutive wins with match scores in the 300+ range on my alt and the PSR bar barely nudged along from where it starts in Tier 5.

#104 Oldbob10025

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 831 posts
  • LocationOldfolks home

Posted 05 June 2017 - 12:48 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 05 June 2017 - 12:22 PM, said:

It doesn't though. I had one crappy game and then nine consecutive wins with match scores in the 300+ range on my alt and the PSR bar barely nudged along from where it starts in Tier 5.

First game on my alt "Triskin" I went to T4 then went back to T5 by losing some games and now hes only T4 again after the last event...

#105 Bows3r

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Point Commander
  • Point Commander
  • 229 posts
  • Location3 time World Champion

Posted 05 June 2017 - 01:45 PM

How exactly is this guy trolling? His stats aren't that amazing, yeah he plays pretty well, but anyone with a decent grasp of FPS gameplay can do pretty decent at this game especially at low tiers. His build is frankly awful in my opinion. Unless he's the alt of an awful player which I highly doubt. Probably just an FPS player, BF1 or something.

#106 Felbombling

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,976 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 05 June 2017 - 01:51 PM

When your Twitch channel promotion goes badly...

#107 FireStoat

• The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 01:53 PM

View PostBows3r, on 05 June 2017 - 01:45 PM, said:

How exactly is this guy trolling?

His first reply to the thread contained this part, which is what sets it up as a troll post.

View PostKing Harkinian, on 04 June 2017 - 10:11 PM, said:

* This is my main - my only - account. I am King Harkinian.

Watch the first and second video. It's like 99.9999% certain that his claim is false, and that he's had previous experience in playing the game. There's no salvaging any truth to the issue once that part was said.

#108 kuma8877

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 691 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 05 June 2017 - 01:56 PM

How exactly is this guy trolling? His stats aren't that amazing, yeah he plays pretty well, but anyone with a decent grasp of FPS gameplay can do pretty decent at this game especially at low tiers. His build is frankly awful in my opinion. Unless he's the alt of an awful player which I highly doubt. Probably just an FPS player, BF1 or something.

It's his grasp of systems that have no analog in the majority of other fps games, in his first game, that doesn't compute.

#109 King Harkinian

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 02:01 PM

I'm not playing for money, there's nothing to promote. I'm simply a guy playing a video game, and you can watch if you feel like it. If not, I understand entirely, you probably have other stuff that interests you more.

I am not a troll, not a smurf, I am King Harkinian.

I am a MechWarrior who finds this game to be enjoyable and seem to be doing something right in game. I put in a lot of effort to make the beginning experience meaningful to me. And it absolutely worth it, i had a total blast. If you find no meaning in it, or simply find nothing but negativity in it, then I apologize for disappointing you. But I do not apologize for my actions, because they bring me great enjoyment. And I am thankful to PGI for that opportunity to have so much fun. I look forward to having just as much fun if not more in Faction Warfare, hopefully meeting some more cool players along the way.

PS - I thought the guy who suggested a "race" for leveling up the tiers had a great idea! We should try and brainstorm something together and maybe come up with our own event?

Edited by King Harkinian, 05 June 2017 - 02:02 PM.

#110 Oldbob10025

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 831 posts
  • LocationOldfolks home

Posted 05 June 2017 - 02:28 PM

The post you just did is nice but damage is done and I cant understand why you made up not playing before. Also calling yourself in third person is not helping matters as well.

If you did it cool. But the fact you became master of battletech on the first game is just hard to swallow thats why we all know your an alt. Just from a twitch streamer to another dont make up stuff to your fan base as it will hurt you even more, in the game and your experience in the game. Be true to your fan base.

Your post is thoughtful and nice dont get me wrong my friend but "I put in alot of effort to make the beginning experience meaningful to me" being a T5 Potato. Something is wrong and has a red flag after watching your first game.

But hey after this I wont even know who you are and wont really care I just dont like being told a tall tale. Enjoy the game if thats your real intention in MechWarrior Online, but not a good way to start your Twitch Channel as word gets around. Lot more drama in Twitch than on Soap Opera's. Trust me thats why I dont stream that much anymore..

#111 Felbombling

• 2,976 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 05 June 2017 - 02:29 PM

Well on my way to tier 2... a few more games like this, and I'll make it in a jiffy. Come visit me on Twitch!!

Posted Image

#112 TLBFestus

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 02:34 PM

King,.....can I call you King?

I get the impression that you prefer it's "King Harkinian" at minimum though. Maybe "King Harkinian" with an underscore to be more formal.

Anyhow, I digress.

So Harky, I think the big message here is "relax" man. If indeed you never played before shooting all those videos, that's amazing. I have no idea why you'd do that, but to each their own.

Remember though, Humblebrag rarely goes uncontested, especially in a commmunity where the average age is as old as it is around here.

And, Harkster my man, I've just gotta be honest too, that whole "use my whole name" thing, it doesn't work, ya know?

Edited by TLBFestus, 05 June 2017 - 02:36 PM.

#113 King Harkinian

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 02:39 PM

???

My twitch is King Hark, you can call me whatever you want. The Harkinator, Harkenstein 3D, Harkarino,..

How am I in need of relaxing?! I am having a great day! I am so confused by this community at this point. Posted Image

#114 Tier 1 Smurf

• PipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • 61 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 02:50 PM

View PostKing Harkinian, on 05 June 2017 - 02:39 PM, said:

???

My twitch is King Hark, you can call me whatever you want. The Harkinator, Harkenstein 3D, Harkarino,..

How am I in need of relaxing?! I am having a great day! I am so confused by this community at this point. Posted Image

People are just tripping because you shot down a UAV in your "first match" and then probably played better than them because they suck at mechs.

#115 Ryllen Kriel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 754 posts
  • LocationBetween the last bottle and the next.

Posted 05 June 2017 - 03:04 PM

View PostKing Harkinian, on 04 June 2017 - 09:37 PM, said:

Hello, I'm King Harkinian.

View PostKing Harkinian, on 04 June 2017 - 10:11 PM, said:

* This is my main - my only - account. I am King Harkinian.

View PostKing Harkinian, on 05 June 2017 - 08:42 AM, said:

I am not this player, sorry. I am King Harkinian. This is my main.

View PostKing Harkinian, on 05 June 2017 - 02:01 PM, said:

I am not a troll, not a smurf, I am King Harkinian.

He's not King Harkinian!!! I'm King Harkinian and so is my wife!

#116 razenWing

• The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 03:05 PM

Pretty much this. Like, I have a lot of respect for you guys in EMP, but let's be realistic that compare to major FPS tournament, MWO is like NASCAR compare to Formula One. (I mean, I've never heard of EMP in CoD, BF, or CS comp scene). So it's entirely possible that a decent player from those FPS genre came down and took over by storm with arguably far slower pace. (Hence, I always want MWO to be more strategic than 12 guys poptarting to World Championship).

He might not be spectacular in Bowser's book, since bowser is kinda one of the best, but... He's doing some damn good playing with impressive accomplishment. It's like when Pablo Montoya joined the NASCAR circuit. He didn't become the best, but he sure is one of the elite.

Also, not to talk trash but... Bowser, when was the last time you solo ques? Just saying. 600 average is enough for top few pages on the leaderboard, and that leaderboard is full of guys in a good team that just roll people in team que, bypassing all tier filter. Honestly king, if you don't got a unit,come roll with us. We lost our top tier player to ICU visit recently, so our Ace position has been open.

----

Edit, also, what would be the reason for alt streaming? Wouldn't you want your main to attract as much viewers as possible? Also, the experience thing can be explained two ways... One, he tried it before and didn't commit until now. Two, he studied much before playing.

Three, who gives a damn. It's only troll because you guys care so much about it. If the first page had just been "cool", then this imaginary troll situation would never materialize. The way I see it, you got yourself to blame 8n a self fulfilling prophecy kind of way.

Edited by razenWing, 05 June 2017 - 03:10 PM.

#117 King Harkinian

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 03:17 PM

To answer your question briefly, I don't know anybody. I like streams so I decided - impromptu - to stream this game about an hour or so before I began playing. I figured it would be a good idea for getting to interact with people, if only to watch their streams and learn stuff (which I've been doing at work, etc).

#118 Bows3r

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Point Commander
  • Point Commander
  • 229 posts
  • Location3 time World Champion

Posted 05 June 2017 - 03:24 PM

View PostrazenWing, on 05 June 2017 - 03:05 PM, said:

Pretty much this. Like, I have a lot of respect for you guys in EMP, but let's be realistic that compare to major FPS tournament, MWO is like NASCAR compare to Formula One. (I mean, I've never heard of EMP in CoD, BF, or CS comp scene). So it's entirely possible that a decent player from those FPS genre came down and took over by storm with arguably far slower pace. (Hence, I always want MWO to be more strategic than 12 guys poptarting to World Championship).

He might not be spectacular in Bowser's book, since bowser is kinda one of the best, but... He's doing some damn good playing with impressive accomplishment. It's like when Pablo Montoya joined the NASCAR circuit. He didn't become the best, but he sure is one of the elite.

Also, not to talk trash but... Bowser, when was the last time you solo ques? Just saying. 600 average is enough for top few pages on the leaderboard, and that leaderboard is full of guys in a good team that just roll people in team que, bypassing all tier filter. Honestly king, if you don't got a unit,come roll with us. We lost our top tier player to ICU visit recently, so our Ace position has been open.

----

Edit, also, what would be the reason for alt streaming? Wouldn't you want your main to attract as much viewers as possible? Also, the experience thing can be explained two ways... One, he tried it before and didn't commit until now. Two, he studied much before playing.

Three, who gives a damn. It's only troll because you guys care so much about it. If the first page had just been "cool", then this imaginary troll situation would never materialize. The way I see it, you got yourself to blame 8n a self fulfilling prophecy kind of way.

First off, you're not wrong about the whole MWO isnt super pro thing. It's not. Secondly, I never said he was a bad player. I said he plays pretty well, just without amazing stats, which in my opinion is truth. However that doesn't mean his stats aren't pretty good or even good, just not amazing. Difference in terminology there.

Edited by Bows3r, 05 June 2017 - 07:44 PM.

#119 Humpday

• The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 1,463 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 03:45 PM

tehd Bows3r is god mode though. You sshhh

#120 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 05 June 2017 - 03:56 PM

View PostrazenWing, on 05 June 2017 - 03:25 AM, said:

Well, I want to give him fair credit.

REGARDLESS of alt seal clubbing or not, 10 days from 5 to 1 is still impressive. I know one of my unit mate jump 5-3 after 2 games. So, if you are good, it's definitely possible.

So, I like to challenge another forumer to match his achievement. See if you can speed run an alt account to T1. Basically, 60 hours to go from tier 3 to tier 1. I think it would be a fun speed run. (maybe even hosted by PGI???)

Who will take up the challenge? The only requirement, you must reveal your main account on your alt upon completion.

-------------

Edit: Alternatively, who do you think will achieve this feat the fastest? Proton is the best player I've seen playing in Solo ques. I think if all he does is play meta mech, how fast do you think he can do it?

I made it from 3 to 1 in like 3 weeks when Tears™ first came out using ONLY Urban mechs because I knew PGI didnt make an ACTUAL working system and I used one of the worst mechs in my stable to climb to the top in no time proving my point.

I also had about 5,000 matches (id say a good 350 or just pure terribad as i learned the game) behind me weight me down. Its not that hard, my alt which i had played like 6 hours on was T2 (higher then my main) when tears came out.

Broke system is still broke.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users