Tier 1 In 10 Days (Big Post With Links N Stuff)

220 replies to this topic

#121 A Really Old Clan Dude

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 302 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 03:59 PM

The simple fact he knew to drop the mouse sensitivity down to under 30 for a jump mech shows either he did an awful lot of research before game 1 or had already played extensively before.
I think it took me 3-4 months before i worked that one out after watching some twitchtv channels on it.

#122 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 05 June 2017 - 04:07 PM

Also if this guy is a Twitch whatever, why is it just unfathomable that he watched someone play A LOT of this game (i knew a few that stream a whole bunch) and pretty much learned the game watching someone who a T1?

You are all claiming you didnt know X until you say X player on twitch, well hes on there a lot it would seem.

#123 Ghogiel

• CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 04:11 PM

View PostRevis Volek, on 05 June 2017 - 04:07 PM, said:

Also if this guy is a Twitch whatever, why is it just unfathomable that he watched someone play A LOT of this game (i knew a few that stream a whole bunch) and pretty much learned the game watching someone who a T1?

Because that didn't happen. you'd know he loves to troll mechwarrior nerds if you knew what his old account was.

#124 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,924 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 04:14 PM

meh, i used the past 10 days to design an r/c hovercraft from scratch. building should take another week if my 3d printer doesnt choke on any of the parts.

#125 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 04:16 PM

View PostGhogiel, on 05 June 2017 - 04:11 PM, said:

Because that didn't happen. you'd know he loves to troll mechwarrior nerds if you knew what his old account was.

Eh, I mean bad troll is still bad, he really didnt fool anyone other then some premabads that think he is a magic user like most other very skilled players in this game.

But if he thinks spending that much time in 10 days to play any game is anything but trolling himself and his health then he is (Har)f*&king nuts anyway.

View PostLordNothing, on 05 June 2017 - 04:14 PM, said:

meh, i used the past 10 days to design an r/c hovercraft from scratch. building should take another week if my 3d printer doesnt choke on any of the parts.

I worked, spent 3 days at the beach, installed an outside shower, did many unspeakable things with my lady friend and ate $90 dollars of steak Saturday night.

But keep on trolling King Hack!

Posted Image

Edited by Revis Volek, 05 June 2017 - 04:18 PM.

#126 Jman5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 04:19 PM

View PostBows3r, on 05 June 2017 - 01:45 PM, said:

How exactly is this guy trolling? His stats aren't that amazing, yeah he plays pretty well, but anyone with a decent grasp of FPS gameplay can do pretty decent at this game especially at low tiers. His build is frankly awful in my opinion. Unless he's the alt of an awful player which I highly doubt. Probably just an FPS player, BF1 or something.

Have you looked at his leaderboard standings? He's the 58th highest scoring player in Season 11 and Season 12 after hundreds of matches.

Of course he's an alt-account. Regardless of the tier you're playing you don't just pick this game up and place in the top 0.1% with a medium mech from the get go. Dude created a new twitch account, a new Reddit account and a new MWO account all at the same time.

Go watch his videos again. He plays like an old hand. His first game he's ducking quickly behind cover when the Lrms launch and scanning the sky for UAVs. A new player wouldn't even know what a UAV is. His aim is way too steady and his movements are too experienced. There are so many little things he does in his play that prove he isn't new.

I know I've seen another MWO player use the same twitch profile pic this guy is using, I just can't remember who. And frankly, I don't really care enough to figure it out.

#127 Ghogiel

• CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 04:22 PM

View PostJman5, on 05 June 2017 - 04:19 PM, said:

I know I've seen another MWO player use the same twitch profile pic this guy is using, I just can't remember who. And frankly, I don't really care enough to figure it out.

I figured it out just from looking at his twtich friends list like last week.

I saw an old buddy on there, penchant for nva and just knew.

#128 King Harkinian

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 04:26 PM

View PostRevis Volek, on 05 June 2017 - 04:16 PM, said:

Eh, I mean bad troll is still bad, he really didnt fool anyone other then some premabads that think he is a magic user like most other very skilled players in this game.

But if he thinks spending that much time in 10 days to play any game is anything but trolling himself and his health then he is (Har)f*&king nuts anyway.

I worked, spent 3 days at the beach, installed an outside shower, did many unspeakable things with my lady friend and ate $90 dollars of steak Saturday night.

But keep on trolling King Hack!

Be who you are and do what makes you feel happy and gives you purpose. I'm happy for you! I wish i was on the beach right now, haha.

But why do you insist on insulting others, who enjoy different things, when in reality it has nothing at all to do with your own personal enjoyment. Yet you call me a troll?

#129 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,823 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 05 June 2017 - 04:35 PM

View PostGhogiel, on 05 June 2017 - 04:22 PM, said:

Yup, followers and Nova Play gives it away

#130 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 04:39 PM

View PostKing Harkinian, on 05 June 2017 - 04:26 PM, said:

Be who you are and do what makes you feel happy and gives you purpose. I'm happy for you! I wish i was on the beach right now, haha.

But why do you insist on insulting others, who enjoy different things, when in reality it has nothing at all to do with your own personal enjoyment. Yet you call me a troll?

I did not actually come out and call you that no. Did i dance around it...ehhhh.

I was being serious though, sitting still for that long can be bad for you unless for some reason, which doesn't need to be brought out in these kinda of social areas, you have to or are in fact incapable of getting up.

But again, I was just referencing and speaking on another post. I never called you any such things, maybe King Hack but come on, that was kinda funny.

Edited by Revis Volek, 05 June 2017 - 04:40 PM.

#131 LT. HARDCASE

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,706 posts
  • LocationDark Space

Posted 05 June 2017 - 04:41 PM

View PostGhogiel, on 05 June 2017 - 04:22 PM, said:

Posted Image

This is about to get gooooood.

Spill them beans fam.

#132 King Harkinian

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 04:44 PM

View PostRevis Volek, on 05 June 2017 - 04:39 PM, said:

I did not actually come out and call you that no. Did i dance around it...ehhhh.

I was being serious though, sitting still for that long can be bad for you unless for some reason, which doesn't need to be brought out in these kinda of social areas, you have to or are in fact incapable of getting up.

But again, I was just referencing and speaking on another post. I never called you any such things, maybe King Hack but come on, that was kinda funny.

I'm in good shape, my work requires me to be fairly active.

Thanks for your concern about my health though, haha. And for your clarification reply. :)

#133 Ghogiel

• CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 04:46 PM

View PostLT. HARDCASE, on 05 June 2017 - 04:41 PM, said:

Posted Image

This is about to get gooooood.

Spill them beans fam.

helll naw bruv

trolling MWO nerds is jam hot

#134 Gwei Loong

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 135 posts
  • LocationHere & There

Posted 05 June 2017 - 05:20 PM

Rolf. So far your man here has been called a liar, a douchbag, a troll, a smurf and a loser that hangs out in his mum’s basement. Well played MWO. You’re doing really well.
Keep it up, I love the way you handle things around here. This forum is more fun than watching the David Letterman show.

OP just ignore and move on. There is nothing to see here. Just keep on doing whatever you want, see you in game.

#135 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 05:27 PM

Posted Image

#136 King Harkinian

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 06:01 PM

View PostGwei Loong, on 05 June 2017 - 03:36 AM, said:

I love the salt in this thread. Welcome to MWO. No it's not a hard game but it is a fun one. Even better when you consider everything is free. One of the best F2P FPS out there. PGI has done really well.
Personally I hit tier one within a month of playing but I bought a Rifleman. That was just over 1000 games for me. Sense then I have level multiple accounts into tier one and farmed the free FW mechbays.
I wouldn't listen to some of these players here; they are known to be more than a little toxic. However, you know that because you also post on HPG. So you probably already don’t expect much from the sea of tears.
I recently found that just muting all coms in game worked best for me. Then I even went so far as to disabled the in game chat windows. When my friends do play we use discord anyway. All I really need is a mini map for solo que.
I now run in a windowed mode with VirtualDJ and I patched the video driver though the video mixer. What are you using to record your matches with?
I've run into you a few times and I must say you are somebody to watch out for. Hope to see you around in game. I can easily see how many in this community were not ready for it.

Cheers, Gwei Loong.

(edit: Zuul sense getting multiple bans for in game behaviour you started an alt did you not? You been playing it for about a week maybe a little longer; what tier is ***stain now?)

I use OBS Studio 19.0.2 for streaming. You also mentioned something about voice chat in game, I have it disabled. I don't have a mic and can find talk distracting while trying to focus.

#137 JadePanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 967 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 06:28 PM

View PostOldbob10025, on 05 June 2017 - 05:35 AM, said:

I have to agree with most of the community is that something smells fishy about you claiming that king Harkinian is your only account and you did that so fast. Your weapon groupings are spot on, your situational awareness is also spot on on where to go, your targeting is also spot on as well.

The community just smells something fishy with your comment of its your only account and main account, also you never addressed it in the posts as well meaning your avoiding the question as well.

If you did it from being a pure potato from T5 never played the game EVER, and learned in your first game about weapon groups, weapon placement,purchasing a meta nova, jump firing, and also target placement in your first game then more power to you.

Just smells fishy thats all to the community

Add in LRM cover awareness, map awareness, UAV awareness / eimination, snap shooting to a different mech while in mid air..

He is defentely an alt.. Which makes his shenanigans that much more lame..

#138 J0anna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 939 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 07:51 PM

First off, I really don't care it this is your first/main/only account. I like to watch good players and you play well. I actually had you on the opposing team for one match on grim, but never saw you and I believe our team rolled that match. I recognized you after I saw that 1 vs 6 match - that was some serious piloting. Tier 5 to tier 1 in 10 days is quite the grind, but 600 matches in 10 days is the real insanity. Keep playing like that, and quite a few more people will know your name. Forget the haters, if you like the game, props for finding a home, here's to seeing you on the battlefield (and hopefully on my side).

#139 King Harkinian

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 08:16 PM

Hey thanks a lot Joanna, and also thanks to everyone else who respects the effort I've put in so far, or appreciates the stats and data. Means a lot to me, I appreciate that you've taken your time to speak in support of my work.

#140 A Really Old Clan Dude

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 302 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 08:35 PM

So I decided to take the challenge of making an alt and seeing what happens.
Well I logged in did the movement and firepower training. Got silver on movement and walked straight into the action with...
4.5mill credits. Not enough to buy a good heavy yet.
Picked the trial warhammer and did 4 games, 2 wins 2 losses 6 kills 2 deaths.
What I did notice that I start with tier 5 7/8s of the way complete. I dont remember that when i started but then I dont think i was to concerned over tiering up at that stage.
After 4 games Im half way through tier 4 and have my grasshopper kitted out with er larges and medium pulses ready to XP up.
So yes, starting out with some skill will move that tier bar quickly and I think I might even keep this account going as my IS account. Watch out for "A Really Old Dude" he is coming for you. Every time I got a kill I got the giggles for the pop up.

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users