- - - - -

Help! Loadouts/tips For Better C-Bill Grinding?

13 replies to this topic

#1 Sinkarma

• Pip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 03:27 AM

So been playing for a whole while but I still need some help. I need to make more c-bills so I can buy some more equipment but I realize that maybe my equipment isn't optimal for the job of making more c-bills.
(currently I have 4million credits)
now to what hero mechs I have:
Blackjack BJ-2(L)
Centurion CN9-A(ncix)
Cyclops CP-S
Daishi DWF-W(S)
King crab KGC-000B(S)

So any tips or loadout suggestions for those mechs or play styles or just anything is welcome. Or maybe suggestions on easy to learn hero mechs that I could get? I have a job and my own money so can splurge a little on one when a special rolls by

Also I currently don't have premium time as I basically only play like once a week.

#2 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 05 June 2017 - 04:03 AM

Out of those Mechs the only one I have found a loadout which works for me and which I enjoy playing is the CN9-A,

I hope this helps

#3 Audacious Aubergine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,034 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 04:18 AM

Now that destroying missiles with AMS actually gives you a bonus, it could be well worth considering bringing one, especially since we're still in the waning phases of the latest lurmageddon. I generally only take half a tonne of ammo, your mileage may vary depending on the match

#4 The Basilisk

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 05 June 2017 - 04:53 AM

View PostSinkarma, on 05 June 2017 - 03:27 AM, said:

So been playing for a whole while but I still need some help. I need to make more c-bills so I can buy some more equipment but I realize that maybe my equipment isn't optimal for the job of making more c-bills.
(currently I have 4million credits)
now to what hero mechs I have:
Blackjack BJ-2(L)
Centurion CN9-A(ncix)
Cyclops CP-S
Daishi DWF-W(S)
King crab KGC-000B(S)

So any tips or loadout suggestions for those mechs or play styles or just anything is welcome. Or maybe suggestions on easy to learn hero mechs that I could get? I have a job and my own money so can splurge a little on one when a special rolls by

Also I currently don't have premium time as I basically only play like once a week.

When you want to optimize your C-bill earning you first have to understand how exactly the reward system works.
There may be recent changes, you get matchscore for AMS usage for example and te C-bill ammounts may be other than they are listed there.
But generaly that should get you an idea what you have to do to get rewarded in c-bills.
As you can see larger mechs tend to rely on damage, assists and Kills to get large rewards while lights and meds can make lots of money just by staying near heavy and assaults(lights) or near assaults (mediums) and be engaged.

A good rewarding match with an medium mech could be:
-- get some scouting rewards first
-- get back to your team and stay near an assault while staying engaged
-- priorize targets that shoot on your assault or heavy to get savior kills
-- Use TAGs to light up ecm protected enemy an get them killed while they are taged
-- Do hit and runs by closing quickly to a vulnerable enemy and shoot him while you are pretty sure that he won't shoot you in return. When this succeeds you get a hit and run award.
-- Stealth TAG thats easy to achieve in ecm lights in early game when ppl are concentrated on finding positions.
TAG an enemy while you are out of his line of sight, stay unseen and get cbills every 6 secs.
-- Enjoy your C-bills

See also MWO:Gamepedia

Edited by The Basilisk, 05 June 2017 - 05:04 AM.

#5 Roughneck45

• The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 05 June 2017 - 06:10 AM

Take a mech with a 30% c-bill bonus, get some premium time, and try to play your best.

The hard part is finding a mech you click with. This is how I use the ones you listed.
BJ-2(L)
CN9-A
SLEIPNIR
DWF-W
KGC-000B

Edited by Roughneck45, 05 June 2017 - 07:34 AM.

#6 CFC Conky

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 05 June 2017 - 08:34 AM

Try to get at hit on every enemy mech you see, if they get destroyed by another player, you will get a kill assist which I believe is 3500 c-bills, not a whole lot but it does add up after a while.

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

#7 Tier5 Kerensky

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 05:12 PM

I'm not all familiar with these listed, but here's what I think. Blackjack and Centurion, little bit too small. I mean too little firepower.

Dire wolf and King Crab, difficult due to slowness. Unless the King Crab has good enough engine. You'd want to have 55-60 kmh speed, and that's difficult with 100 ton assult. The (S) variant is aparently from Steam so I can't see what engine it had stock, it's not listed anywhere I could find it.

Now I would try the Cyclops. It comes stock with fast enough XL. It has the XL disadvantage but at least it has small stucture quirks in side torsos.

I would try to configs:
2xgauss 2xER-L. 6 tons for gauss, AMS, less armor on legs and hands.
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...fe2e5e1c6243196

The idea is to try to keep good range on the enemy, come out of cover, unload all weapons, and hide again. And also to stay with the team if they advance, the high mounted weapons don't give any defense againts small lights and are difficult even againts mediums. You will need to expose a lot of the mech from behind hills to fire the two ERL.

Same gauss pair but 3 med pulse instead of ERL. It allows better arm and leg armor. Use the gauss more for direct engagement(pushing, instead of peek-a-boo) and try to get in close enough to use the med pulse as well. It should be able to support brawlers well and if the brawlers start dying away, you can try to retreat and wait for others to come.
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...fba17d8852727ac

One thing, if you are retreating, do it by walking backwards. It's rather annoyting to see heavy or assult with like 50% armor left on front, to turn around and expose his back to enemy, who can then core him out fast. (it's also annoything when I see someone managing to survive that as the enemy was too passive and didn't realize what was happenin)

AMS:
It gives bonus for match score, sometimes rather big, specially if you spent most of your game just doing nothing but being close to assults and heavies getting lurmed. But it doesn't give cbllls, it's mainly for your own defense, which partially extends to others as well.

#8 Ruccus

• The Bloodlust
  • The Bloodlust
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC

Posted 05 June 2017 - 06:05 PM

I'm more of a medium mech fan, so I'll concentrate on the Centurion and Blackjack. For staying alive as long as possible the Centurion zombie build is pretty effective so long as you know how to torso twist. This CN9-A Brawler has a potent alpha strike and will keep going with at least its two medium lasers until you get CTed. Its flaw is its range (you have to get inside 300m to do damage) and it's speed (not slow, but not fast either). If you're an LRM fan, the Centurion also makes for a reasonable LRM platform. This one has an XL engine in it though, so you want to be behind the front line mechs, about 400-500m away and not the center of attention. If you like long range weaponry, try out this build. Gauss/ERLL, and it's a zombie build so you should have the ERLL until you're dead. Paint the mechs from a distance with the ERLL to get assists for c-bills, nail them with the gauss for some PPFLD.

For the Blackjack, before the skill tree it was a bit squishy so I found the 4xLRM5 with 2 medium lasers to work best for me in direct fire mode just behind the front line heavy and assault mechs, but the armour and structure nodes could help the Blackjack become a brawler(or at least a skirmisher) once again opening up the SRM builds. I'll have to kit out my BJ-2 with SRMs and skill it appropriately before I comment on whether I think it's now viable.

#9 Leone

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 05 June 2017 - 06:15 PM

KGC-000B is my King Crab load out. Meant for brawling, the Ac5s give it a nice range, and it'll still wreck face up close. Be wary of the heat, you only get to lase a few times, and the streaks were cuz I was too cheap to buy off artemis. Srm 2s would be better, as would swapping Ferro for Endo, but it is nice to see the occsional light panic an leave once I start streakin' em.

As for playstyle...

~Leone.

Edited by Leone, 05 June 2017 - 06:16 PM.

#10 Oldbob10025

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 831 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationOldfolks home

Posted 05 June 2017 - 08:08 PM

Also what helps is to drop a UAV in the middle of a brawl. Right before you jump in with everyone is to drop one for C-bills, works like a charm

#11 radiv

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 121 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 12:42 AM

Cyclops with 4 lb10

Edited by radiv, 06 June 2017 - 12:43 AM.

#12 Sinkarma

• Pip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 10:06 AM

(sorry for late reply)
thank you everyone. though those loadout links for some reason don't open for me :/
for now I have settled to use a cyclops with double ppc+ double gauss
And a king crab using 4 ultras and 1 ppc
My centurion I still play with occasionally, got 3 srm 4s and an ER large lazer

#13 Kaethir

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 236 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY, USA

Posted 09 June 2017 - 11:12 AM

In addition to most of the good advice here...

vote for conquest. As near as I can tell it gives the highest CBills/match reward.

#14 Kubernetes

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 10:42 PM

Honestly, if you just want to make a lot of cbills, buy a Mad Dog or Huntsman, load it up with Streak 6s, and obliterate anything under 55 tons. Huge damage and destroyed components galore.

Of the Heroes I own and like, I'd say the Griffin Sparky is excellent, and the Marauder BH2 is one of my most successful mechs. The Mad IIC Scorch is also a huge overperformer. The Oxide used to be a beast, now it's just kinda good.

I'd probably run with the Cent or BJ if you don't go with any of the above. SRMs are good for big damage numbers. Assaults have higher damage potential, but they are very hit and miss in solo queue. One match you might break 1k damage, and in the next you get ambushed and do 100.

13 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 13 guests, 0 anonymous users