Balance

69 replies to this topic

#21 Snowbluff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 09:54 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 06 June 2017 - 04:36 AM, said:

Lately all I hear from you are two things (basically one and the same): BLR-2C, LPL. BLR-2C, LPL. That's it. That's all I hear. It is as if one weapon type on one variant makes the entire faction better than Clans. I suppose there is that extra 25 tons IS gets in CW, where the minority plays (now why did IS needed the extra tonnage in the first place? Posted Image), but the mantra is mostly about BLR-2C, and LPL. Please try to diversify, or at least wait until the energy rebalance, and then you might have more to talk about.

Meanwhile I suggest you to spam Russ' twitter about OP BLR-2C and LPL. BLR-2C and LPL.

Grasshoppers, cataphracts, crabs, orions, all sorts of mechs with good structure bonuses. I heard people have been enjoying the Blackknight again as well.

Also don't plz don't nerf these. I like this direction in the balance.

#22 Quicksilver Aberration

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,567 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 06 June 2017 - 09:58 AM

View PostSnowbluff, on 06 June 2017 - 09:54 AM, said:

Also don't plz don't nerf these.

They need to be nerfed if only so another IS assault will take its place, I'm seriously tired of using Battlemasters.

#23 Snowbluff

• Bad Company
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 10:07 AM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 06 June 2017 - 09:58 AM, said:

They need to be nerfed if only so another IS assault will take its place, I'm seriously tired of using Battlemasters.

I feel like they should buff other IS mechs to that point, or at least stop nerfing them. Honestly I can't think of an IS assault mech that is better or as well rounded. With the good structure quirks it becomes pretty tough, which is how I like my IS mechs.

I don't like clan assaults a whole lot, but Mad IIC is good, and so is the KDK. So between only the BLR and MAD IIC being the two assaults I really use at all, I would like assaults buffed in general (and lights).

#24 MechaBattler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 10:07 AM

It might all change with energy rebalance.

#25 Snowbluff

• Bad Company
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 10:10 AM

View PostMechaBattler, on 06 June 2017 - 10:07 AM, said:

It might all change with energy rebalance.

This and new tech. MAD IIC has a degenerate 6 ERML and 2 LPL energy build I don't think will survive, and I think that that is the main claim to fame of the platform. The new tech will bring a lot of new things for IS, but not nearly as much for the clans.

I hope ATMs are good. ;-;

#26 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,567 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 10:10 AM

View PostSnowbluff, on 06 June 2017 - 10:07 AM, said:

I feel like they should buff other IS mechs to that point, or at least stop nerfing them. Honestly I can't think of an IS assault mech that is better or as well rounded. With the good structure quirks it becomes pretty tough, which is how I like my IS mechs.

Without the MAD-IIC in the picture, the Mauler becomes a more serious contender. That said, the other IS assaults should be buffed at the same time the BLR-2C is nerfed (because without the MAD-IIC it is the best assault outside of scenarios the Warhawk or Mauler take over).

View PostSnowbluff, on 06 June 2017 - 10:07 AM, said:

and so is the KDK.

The KDK is not really better than either the Mauler OR the Battlemaster in its current state. Without agility it is a walking barn of a target. Honestly I prefer taking the Whale over the Kodiak since the ST.

Edited by Quicksilver Kalasa, 06 June 2017 - 10:11 AM.

#27 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 June 2017 - 10:16 AM

i dunno what u all are talkin bout, i play whatever i like and dont care about if its gud or not.
tired of playing battlemasters because its the best?
lol

exactly what i expected to happen.
same ol stuff everytime.

try a zeus or victor, they are gud too :>

*hovers away in a hoverlander*

#28 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,567 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 10:19 AM

View PostAlienized, on 06 June 2017 - 10:16 AM, said:

victor, they are gud too :>

A Victor is good if you wanna brawl (as is the Gargoyle), but outside of that it is still not in the greatest place, and the Zeus can't compete with the current state of the MAD-IIC or BLR-2C. Even the Mauler and Whale I would say are better currently when not factoring in tonnage.

#29 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 June 2017 - 10:23 AM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 06 June 2017 - 10:19 AM, said:

A Victor is good if you wanna brawl (as is the Gargoyle), but outside of that it is still not in the greatest place, and the Zeus can't compete with the current state of the MAD-IIC or BLR-2C. Even the Mauler and Whale I would say are better currently when not factoring in tonnage.

ofc they are because of the hardpoints but if you want to have fun, use em.
im not caring much at all in *what state* they are, i just care if i can make em work and i surely can do.
why i have lots of fun with lots of different mechs and nothing gets boring.

you care too much on whats good and what not instead of just do something and have fun because you can be good in all the mechs out there and they can perform well enough for everything. it might not be for comp play but for FP and quick play definetly, which are the mainpart of this game.

and yes, you can carry with them too

edit: i also use the executioner and gargles, lotsa funsies :>

Edited by Alienized, 06 June 2017 - 10:24 AM.

#30 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,567 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 10:25 AM

View PostAlienized, on 06 June 2017 - 10:23 AM, said:

ofc they are because of the hardpoints but if you want to have fun, use em.

Unless I have fun using a variety of mechs that are actually good in which case I can't really do that. The only reason I don't want the MAD-IIC nerfed is because it broke up the monotonous of the dominance of 2 assaults which have been strong the past year or so, the BLR-2C and KDK-3.

View PostAlienized, on 06 June 2017 - 10:23 AM, said:

im not caring much at all in *what state* they are, i just care if i can make em work and i surely can do.
and yes, you can carry with them too

Sure, and I can carry in a Mist Lynx, doesn't mean it is a good enough mech for me to bother practicing in. Understanding whether the mech or the pilot is the reason you can carry is very important when talking about balance.

Edited by Quicksilver Kalasa, 06 June 2017 - 10:26 AM.

#31 Snazzy Dragon

• The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 2,912 posts
  • LocationRUNNING FAST AND TURNING LEFT

Posted 06 June 2017 - 10:36 AM

I love that my Rifleman 5D only gets 5% heat reduction on PPCs (not even energy heat in general) now while the Warhawk C gets a grand 13% for energy heat reduction for all energy weapons

There's no ignoring the clam bias

#32 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 June 2017 - 10:39 AM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 06 June 2017 - 10:25 AM, said:

Unless I have fun using a variety of mechs that are actually good in which case I can't really do that. The only reason I don't want the MAD-IIC nerfed is because it broke up the monotonous of the dominance of 2 assaults which have been strong the past year or so, the BLR-2C and KDK-3.

Sure, and I can carry in a Mist Lynx, doesn't mean it is a good enough mech for me to bother practicing in. Understanding whether the mech or the pilot is the reason you can carry is very important when talking about balance.

it is like, mainly the pilot. a good pilot will always do good (of he wants to..) no matter the mech.
the 1 er ppc myst lynx surely can carry (been there, done that too) but a good balance simply cant be achieved anyway.
too many factors.

the main reasons mechs are where they are will propably always be hardpoint location and maneuverability (why the battlemaster is above the banshee). if there wouldnt be such high buffs on the 2C battlemaster we would see a different ranking i guess.

imho, only mechs that really need it to outdo their bad hardpoint locations should keep the armor quirks. victor or highlanders are still the best examples for it (Zeus too i guess).
battlemasters are good without them so i would like to see them reduced, which would propably lead to a renaissance of the stalkers at least for range battles.

now how do you want to bring a victor to the state of a battlemaster? it just CANT happen. what can happen is that a victor is outdoing a all around battlemech in its role as a close brawler with high mobility, but thats about it.
it still shines bright in that (ever did).

#33 Jiang Wei

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 10:47 AM

View PostPaigan, on 06 June 2017 - 05:33 AM, said:

I would love to see IS and Clans being asymmetrically balanced, like IS having more drop tonnage and more WAVES, even in quickplay and IS having more tactical assets. Maybe even more SP in the skill tree, because IS Mechs might be crappy, but also more "tinkerable" than Clan Mechs.

Until then, I happily pilot my Clan Mechs and laugh IS Mechs in the face.

The problem with making the game like the lore is that actual people suck at playing a clan. People who pretend to be clanners cant actually live up to the hype and lore of clan pilots being better. If anything they become handicapped skill wise from relying on superior tech rather than actual skill, while IS players are becoming more skilled out of necessity from having to fight against superior tech. To all you clan pilots... your not as good as you think you are. When you lose to inferior tech and dont understand why, you cry for nerfs because you cant possibly fathom that there are better pilots in the game than you that beat you with weaker tech.

#34 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,567 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 10:48 AM

View PostAlienized, on 06 June 2017 - 10:39 AM, said:

it is like, mainly the pilot. a good pilot will always do good (of he wants to..) no matter the mech.

Sure, but if your competition only takes the mech that bests suits that role better than your mech, you have deliberately put yourself at an unnecessary disadvantage, and that's where the difference between being a pug star and a comp player is, because in comp mech choice does matter because there is more to the game than proving you are just better than the other pilot (it's about proving you are the better team, and that includes strats and mech choices).

View PostAlienized, on 06 June 2017 - 10:39 AM, said:

now how do you want to bring a victor to the state of a battlemaster? it just CANT happen. what can happen is that a victor is outdoing a all around battlemech in its role as a close brawler with high mobility, but thats about it.
it still shines bright in that (ever did).

I think you misunderstand, I'm okay with mechs having niches, and despite the Victor's strength at brawling, it still plays second fiddle to the Gargoyle for that as far as I'm aware. Not every mech has to compete with the Battlemaster at what it does, but you know what should? The Banshee and Stalker (the Banshee can do the same 5 LPL build the Wubmaster can, the Wubshee just has worse hitboxes).

Edited by Quicksilver Kalasa, 06 June 2017 - 10:49 AM.

#35 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 06 June 2017 - 11:14 AM

Lately all I hear from you are two things (basically one and the same): BLR-2C, LPL. BLR-2C, LPL. That's it. That's all I hear. It is as if one weapon type on one variant makes the entire faction better than Clans. I suppose there is that extra 25 tons IS gets in CW, where the minority plays (now why did IS needed the extra tonnage in the first place? Posted Image), but the mantra is mostly about BLR-2C, and LPL. Please try to diversify, or at least wait until the energy rebalance, and then you might have more to talk about.

Meanwhile I suggest you to spam Russ' twitter about OP BLR-2C and LPL. BLR-2C and LPL.

I'm sorry, but I love riding my Fw 190 A-4. Posted Image

#36 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 06 June 2017 - 11:21 AM

View PostForceUser, on 06 June 2017 - 05:12 AM, said:

I think whats just as sad as clan apologists is IS victim syndrome.

Posted Image

View PostPaigan, on 06 June 2017 - 05:33 AM, said:

I'm purely clan and I think some Clan Mechs are OP. Albeit mostly because Russ wants to balance an asymmetrical lore in a symmetrical way which CANNOT work. For the oversimplified thing he wants to do, he would have to choose/create a completely different IP.

Posted Image

#37 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 June 2017 - 11:25 AM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 06 June 2017 - 10:48 AM, said:

Sure, but if your competition only takes the mech that bests suits that role better than your mech, you have deliberately put yourself at an unnecessary disadvantage, and that's where the difference between being a pug star and a comp player is, because in comp mech choice does matter because there is more to the game than proving you are just better than the other pilot (it's about proving you are the better team, and that includes strats and mech choices).

and thats why im not a comp player ;)
im a pug player with some sort of comp mindset, i want to beat the better mech with the worse one. i just got nothing on that whole *you have to play that mech for this and that* attitude, just no fun to me and not why i play MWO.

now, you can laugh but im not even playing better in the meta mechs than with my hipster builds lol.
yet some people still tried to force me into that stuff while it obviously was worse for me >_>

victor and gargoyle comparison is kinda meh.
obviously the gargoyle is better just because of the clan XL and that it can boat SPL's with a large ac for example. something the victor simply cant but it can jump and put himself in a advantage at start with them.
its the only thing that actually makes it so good in my eyes, especially with the skill tree now.

#38 B0oN

• 2,870 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 11:30 AM

Why take a weapon with inferior range (IS LPL) when there is IS ERPPC with 1003 meters of full damage range .

LÖL

#39 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,620 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 11:58 AM

View PostThe Shortbus, on 06 June 2017 - 11:30 AM, said:

Why take a weapon with inferior range (IS LPL) when there is IS ERPPC with 1003 meters of full damage range .

LÖL

Because LÖL range is not always everthing

#40 Gyrok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 06 June 2017 - 12:12 PM

You can run 2x BLR-2C with total of 10 LPLs in FP, where the majority of potatoes play...

Then when you get an actual group that knows what they are doing, BLRs make mince meat of Clan mechs that are not MAD-IICs...too bad that 25 ton advantage precludes clans from bringing 1, if any, of those...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users