• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 165 posts
  • LocationHell (aka Florida)

Posted 06 June 2017 - 12:12 PM

View PostCurccu, on 06 June 2017 - 11:58 AM, said:

Because LÖL range is not always everthing

When I first started playing, I fell in love with the Arctic Cheetah, Ebon Jaguar, and Shadow Cat. Because cats, cats are nice.

And then the few times I tried using an IS mech, oh wow, that was a shock. I was amazed at how people could do well with such limited weapons range. I sucked, the bad kind, badly.

It forced me to learn how to use cover, work with my team, watch for opportunities. In short, how to play better. The range advantage covered for a lot of my inexperience and skill weaknesses. You know, positioning, watching the map, watching my teammates, going YOLO, getting left behind, going off alone, etc etc.

#42 Quicksilver Aberration

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,568 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 06 June 2017 - 12:15 PM

View PostGyrok, on 06 June 2017 - 12:12 PM, said:

You can run 2x BLR-2C with total of 10 LPLs in FP, where the majority of potatoes play...

Then when you get an actual group that knows what they are doing, BLRs make mince meat of Clan mechs that are not MAD-IICs...too bad that 25 ton advantage precludes clans from bringing 1, if any, of those...

You should probably try rediscovering Ebon Jags then since they can do 2 LPL-6 ERML and brutalize a side torso in the same time it takes a Battlemaster to do similar damage.

#43 Bulletsponge0

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 01:30 PM

View PostSnazzy Dragon, on 06 June 2017 - 10:36 AM, said:

I love that my Rifleman 5D only gets 5% heat reduction on PPCs (not even energy heat in general) now while the Warhawk C gets a grand 13% for energy heat reduction for all energy weapons

There's no ignoring the clam bias

they also axed the 50% ppc velocity quirk on the 5D... I miss that the most

#44 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 06 June 2017 - 06:23 PM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 06 June 2017 - 06:54 AM, said:

Maybe in some circles, but in comp it has more builds. 5 ERLL w/XL, 5 ERLL w/STD, 5 LPL w/STD, 5 LPL w/XL, 3 LPL/3 ML w/STD.

Comps aren't the ones complaining about it on GD. :D

#45 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 06:47 PM

View PostGyrok, on 06 June 2017 - 12:12 PM, said:

You can run 2x BLR-2C with total of 10 LPLs in FP, where the majority of potatoes play...

Then when you get an actual group that knows what they are doing, BLRs make mince meat of Clan mechs that are not MAD-IICs...too bad that 25 ton advantage precludes clans from bringing 1, if any, of those...

If you think CW is where the majority of potatoes are, then there is nothing worth saying to you. May you find wisdom one day.

#46 MOBAjobg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 06:51 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 06 June 2017 - 04:36 AM, said:

Lately all I hear from you are two things (basically one and the same): BLR-2C, LPL. BLR-2C, LPL. That's it. That's all I hear. It is as if one weapon type on one variant makes the entire faction better than Clans. I suppose there is that extra 25 tons IS gets in CW, where the minority plays (now why did IS needed the extra tonnage in the first place? Posted Image), but the mantra is mostly about BLR-2C, and LPL. Please try to diversify, or at least wait until the energy rebalance, and then you might have more to talk about.

Meanwhile I suggest you to spam Russ' twitter about OP BLR-2C and LPL. BLR-2C and LPL.

You've left out the Grasshopper.

#47 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 06:56 PM

View PostMOBAjobg, on 06 June 2017 - 06:51 PM, said:

You've left out the Grasshopper.

The Grasshopper is potent, yes, but I don't hear about it when the usual suspects cry for IS nerf. BLR-2C is all they chant about.

#48 Snowbluff

• Bad Company
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 07:06 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 06 June 2017 - 06:56 PM, said:

The Grasshopper is potent, yes, but I don't hear about it when the usual suspects cry for IS nerf. BLR-2C is all they chant about.

If this is your argument then you've got the title wrong.
Not "clan apologists," those would be people saying clans should not be nerfed.
More like "IS haters" or something would be more accurate.

#49 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 07:15 PM

View PostSnowbluff, on 06 June 2017 - 07:06 PM, said:

If this is your argument then you've got the title wrong.
Not "clan apologists," those would be people saying clans should not be nerfed.
More like "IS haters" or something would be more accurate.

Clan apologists are those who claim that Clan tech is not superior than IS tech. And I simply find it funny when they uphold a mech that is heavily propped up by quirks, to support their argument. ;)

#50 Gyrok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 06 June 2017 - 07:25 PM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 06 June 2017 - 12:15 PM, said:

You should probably try rediscovering Ebon Jags then since they can do 2 LPL-6 ERML and brutalize a side torso in the same time it takes a Battlemaster to do similar damage.

That build runs a lot hotter...and it works MUCH better on the MAD-IIC, you can actually alpha 2 times, 3 on a cold map.

View PostEl Bandito, on 06 June 2017 - 07:15 PM, said:

Clan apologists are those who claim that Clan tech is not superior than IS tech. And I simply find it funny when they uphold a mech that is heavily propped up by quirks, to support their argument. Posted Image

So remove some of the quirks that prop it up...let it fall back into the atmosphere...

#51 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 07:29 PM

View PostGyrok, on 06 June 2017 - 07:25 PM, said:

So remove some of the quirks that prop it up...let it fall back into the atmosphere...

I'm fine with that, provided that PGI buffs other IS Assaults so that IS can actually have Assault mechs worth tryharding in. Better yet, BALANCE THE DAMN TECH, so mechs like BLR-2C wont need quirks to be competitive.

Edited by El Bandito, 06 June 2017 - 07:31 PM.

#52 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,568 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 07:30 PM

View PostGyrok, on 06 June 2017 - 07:25 PM, said:

That build runs a lot hotter...and it works MUCH better on the MAD-IIC, you can actually alpha 2 times, 3 on a cold map..

It is also 20 tons lighter than the MAD-IIC.......and the Whale could only alpha twice on a row but it was still a good mech. That doesn't really matter if what you shot at is dead.

#53 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 07:36 PM

Pist um @El Bandito, ive called for OmniMech Buffs(Buffs to the OmniMech System)
as Clan is currently the only side with OmniMechs, does that make me a clan apologists? ;)

i hope the Energy rework/rebalance is abit more than just a Stats rework,

#54 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 06 June 2017 - 07:50 PM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 06 June 2017 - 07:30 PM, said:

It is also 20 tons lighter than the MAD-IIC.......and the Whale could only alpha twice on a row but it was still a good mech. That doesn't really matter if what you shot at is dead.

It DID have the Gauss, which could continue (at great risk of exposure, because Whale)

#55 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 06 June 2017 - 07:54 PM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 06 June 2017 - 07:30 PM, said:

*cough* Structure tree *cough*

#56 Angel of Annihilation

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 07:55 PM

The ironic thing is I play both Clan and IS about equally, yet I see no massively imbalance between Clan and IS tech or mechs. Sure there was a point when the Clans were OP and hell at that point I sold off like 75% of my IS mechs in disgust but that was a long, long time ago.

Yet here we have yet another post by someone obviously biased against the Clans complaining about the Clans being OP. I mean what a shocker that piece of information.

I have a question for the OP though. How many Clan mechs do you own? How many Clan mechs did you purchase or pre-order? How much money do you have invested in Clan mechs? I mean I want to know that you have played dozens and dozens of Clan mechs and know all about their performance first hand. I also want to know that you have hundreds of dollars invested in Clan mechs as well and after playing these dozens and dozens of Clan mechs and after having invested hundreds of dollars in them that you have proved, without a shadow of a doubt, through thorough, first hand testing involving hundreds if not thousands of battles in Clan mechs, that they are OP.

The reason I ask is because I am a whale. I have invested several hundreds of dollars, probably over $1000 to be honest, in both Clan and IS mechs, I have played thousands of battles in both IS and Clan mechs. I have looked at my stats and compared my performance between IS and Clan mechs and have fairly extensive knowledge about all the advantages and disadvantages of both. Also because of the real cash investment I have in both IS and Clan mechs, I have a strong vested interest in insuring that both my Clan AND IS mechs are fun, enjoyable and balanced to play. Yet somehow, even with $500+ invested in IS mechs alone, I do not seem to see this imbalance you and many other IS purists seem to claim exists.

Imagine that....someone who has $500+ invested in both IS and Clan mechs each and no vested interest or loyalty to one side or the other finding the game pretty well balanced. Shocker that someone unbiased sees things this what right?

Edited by Viktor Drake, 06 June 2017 - 07:56 PM.

#57 Snowbluff

• Bad Company
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 08:06 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 06 June 2017 - 07:15 PM, said:

Clan apologists are those who claim that Clan tech is not superior than IS tech. And I simply find it funny when they uphold a mech that is heavily propped up by quirks, to support their argument. Posted Image

Quirks are just as legitimate as any other stat for determining the effectiveness of a mech. While clan tech is generally superior to IS tech, the implementation and quirks (and now agility) close the gap. For toughness specifically, there is literally no other way of improving the toughness of a mech without pure fiat, so a mech that's good because "structure/armor quirks" is no different than "uses clan tech," "has a good engine cap/agility," "good hitboxes," or "nice hardpoints."

And if there are IS mechs as powerful as clan mechs, then the tech doesn't matter for the power levels, and the discussion is moot and fruitless.

#58 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 06 June 2017 - 08:17 PM

View PostViktor Drake, on 06 June 2017 - 07:55 PM, said:

The ironic thing is I play both Clan and IS about equally, yet I see no massively imbalance between Clan and IS tech or mechs. Sure there was a point when the Clans were OP and hell at that point I sold off like 75% of my IS mechs in disgust but that was a long, long time ago.

Yet here we have yet another post by someone obviously biased against the Clans complaining about the Clans being OP. I mean what a shocker that piece of information.

I have a question for the OP though. How many Clan mechs do you own? How many Clan mechs did you purchase or pre-order? How much money do you have invested in Clan mechs? I mean I want to know that you have played dozens and dozens of Clan mechs and know all about their performance first hand. I also want to know that you have hundreds of dollars invested in Clan mechs as well and after playing these dozens and dozens of Clan mechs and after having invested hundreds of dollars in them that you have proved, without a shadow of a doubt, through thorough, first hand testing involving hundreds if not thousands of battles in Clan mechs, that they are OP.

The reason I ask is because I am a whale. I have invested several hundreds of dollars, probably over $1000 to be honest, in both Clan and IS mechs, I have played thousands of battles in both IS and Clan mechs. I have looked at my stats and compared my performance between IS and Clan mechs and have fairly extensive knowledge about all the advantages and disadvantages of both. Also because of the real cash investment I have in both IS and Clan mechs, I have a strong vested interest in insuring that both my Clan AND IS mechs are fun, enjoyable and balanced to play. Yet somehow, even with $500+ invested in IS mechs alone, I do not seem to see this imbalance you and many other IS purists seem to claim exists.

Imagine that....someone who has $500+ invested in both IS and Clan mechs each and no vested interest or loyalty to one side or the other finding the game pretty well balanced. Shocker that someone unbiased sees things this what right?

I play purely Clam
That's because Clam robots are superior, on average

My For Fun Vipers, which can run laughably hot or short range, perform fine
Try that on a Vindicator or Cicada? RIP

Again, you've failed to respond. I guess you might have me on ignore
The voice of reason which I am (ha!)

I played the WubShee
My most played mech
He's outdated, because of Power Creep (he did Clam Laser Vomit before Clams)

#59 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,568 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 08:18 PM

View PostGyrok, on 06 June 2017 - 07:54 PM, said:

*cough* Structure tree *cough*

*cough*focus fire on iXLs*cough*

View PostMcgral18, on 06 June 2017 - 07:50 PM, said:

It DID have the Gauss, which could continue (at great risk of exposure, because Whale)

Yeah, that generally allowed you to get one extra finishing shot while you backed off to cool down.

#60 KingCobra

• The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 2,726 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 06 June 2017 - 08:18 PM

View PostViktor Drake, on 06 June 2017 - 07:55 PM, said:

I have to agree with you as my experience in MWO shows the same results.

The true imbalance in MWO is skill related and bad match making of pugs against 4man-12 man groups in FP or group queues 10-12 mans against small groups.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users