428 replies to this topic

#21 DGTLDaemon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 746 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 06 June 2017 - 10:29 AM

View PostPeiper, on 06 June 2017 - 10:26 AM, said:

You know, folks, if you're going to complain about the prizes and ask for something different, ask for some MAPS!

Giving out maps as prizes? Now that's a fresh idea. Not sure what you're going to do with your personal map, though :D

#22 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 06 June 2017 - 10:32 AM

View PostDGTLDaemon, on 06 June 2017 - 10:29 AM, said:

Giving out maps as prizes? Now that's a fresh idea. Not sure what you're going to do with your personal map, though :D

Have his own, personal matchmaking queue, of course!

Btw, thanks for the copius event rewards PGI.

#23 stealthraccoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,497 posts
  • Locationnestled in a burlap sack, down in the root cellar

Posted 06 June 2017 - 10:36 AM

Sounds fun - Battlemasters ain't my jam, but a Canadian one I'm all in!

#24 The Unstoppable Puggernaut

• The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 06 June 2017 - 10:43 AM

Thanks for the freebies PGI but the daily play =

:(

#25 Tordin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 06 June 2017 - 10:50 AM

This is gonna be hot run for rewards for sure. Need to keep our heads cool and watch the overheat Posted Image Nice event, though gotta compremise our social life somewhat to go all in..

#26 DeathStalker13

• PipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • 76 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 10:52 AM

I guess I'll be playing MWO throughout the month of June. Thanks PGI for all of these great challenges!!!

#27 suffocater

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 570 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 10:53 AM

That is what I call an event. I will have some fun.

#28 Cy Mitchell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 10:53 AM

Come on guys, you only have to play daily if you want to max out the rewards. It is not that big a deal if you miss a day or two or ten. Just have fun and play like you normally do and most of the stuff will just come. It is an extra bonus for playing the game. If you do not want to play and want to do something else then just do so.

Lots of free MC, free Mech Bays and a free Mech for the wallet closed crowd.

Nice event. Why complain?

#29 SPNKRGrenth

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 184 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 10:54 AM

Lots of variety and creativity in all the challenges is nice to see. But that doesn't make up for forcing people to play every day for the better part of a month, nothing ever makes up for that. Either run the challenges by week, or just all at once. This every day nonsense is never fun, no matter the reward.

That said, a lot of the rewards are really nice ones.

Why complain? Because they could have all the same events and rewards, even the event names and the total length of the event the same. But not be so controlling in how they're completed. They could just as easily have all the challenges for each week, go for the whole week.

I'm still going to do them, because those rewards are worth it. But it would be so much more enjoyable for most, to be able to do the challenges for a week in a day or two when they've got the most time, instead of having to try and make the time each and every day they want to go for one of the challenges.

Edited by SPNKRGrenth, 06 June 2017 - 10:59 AM.

#30 Peiper

• The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 1,444 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationA fog where no one notices the contrast of white on white

Posted 06 June 2017 - 10:54 AM

View PostDGTLDaemon, on 06 June 2017 - 10:29 AM, said:

Giving out maps as prizes? Now that's a fresh idea. Not sure what you're going to do with your personal map, though Posted Image

I will charge usage fees for those who want to fight there, and tolls for those who just want to pass through. It takes lots of C-Bills to replant trees, and put up new light poles. And all that crap I have to install for incursion drops... that takes even more money! My chief goal will be to develop a new armor made from the stuff buildings are made out of to sell on the black market. They're friggin indestructible!

#31 paws2sky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 167 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 10:57 AM

Uh, wow! Lots of things to do over the next month.

Rewards look good, though the beginning-of-month ones seem so-so.

Criteria fairly reasonable. Mostly. (IS Small Lasers? Really? Posted Image That's just mean.) (Yes, I know it isn't much damage, but still...)

-paws
P.S. This, of course, coincides with the busiest month at work. Typical! Posted Image

#32 Barkem Squirrel

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationEarth.

Holy Cow!

First I looked and said, ok, not bad.

Then I realized all the other little events built into this. Not enough time in the day for all the games, augh!

#33 Tina Benoit

Community Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 817 posts

Hey guys!

Thanks for the reports and feedback. We changed the Calendar appearance to be clearer and easier on the eyes with color coding each challenge rather than week.

We also fixed the typo's with the Zap! PPC's requirements and oh my god I know, Wub Wub should have been pulse lasers!!! What was I thinking?!?! Do you guys have a better sound effect to change it to? Please don't say "PEWWWWW"...

And last note, I realized the first day of challenges was pretty heavy, so we changed the Faction Player Participation Challenge to "Play 2 Faction Play Invasion Matches" instead of 5.

#34 Kaethir

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 236 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY, USA

Posted 06 June 2017 - 10:58 AM

*sigh*.

I'm going on a 2-week vacation with my family.

It's the last 2 weeks of this event.

fail.

#35 GamerPro4000

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • LocationSian

Posted 06 June 2017 - 11:02 AM

Thanks PGI! I am so glad I spent money on this game to support it. It is worth every penny! This event is definitely appealing to the crowd of teenagers/young adults that just recent started summer break from their schools. We need new blood playing this game.

#36 linux4eva

• PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 11:06 AM

View PostFivehole, on 06 June 2017 - 09:57 AM, said:

Suggestion for the calendar: Color code each individual challenge a different color instead of the weeks.

Color coding of events is alredy there - you have to login and go to the event page to see it.

#37 -Teiwaz-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 202 posts
  • Location43°27'N / 80°30'W

Posted 06 June 2017 - 11:08 AM

Wow, not much more to say!!

#38 SuperFunkTron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 910 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 06 June 2017 - 11:09 AM

View PostTina Benoit, on 06 June 2017 - 10:57 AM, said:

Hey guys!
We also fixed the typo's with the Zap! PPC's requirements and oh my god I know, Wub Wub should have been pulse lasers!!! What was I thinking?!?! Do you guys have a better sound effect to change it to? Please don't say "PEWWWWW"...

"ZZT"

And last note, I realized the first day of challenges was pretty heavy, so we changed the Faction Player Participation Challenge to "Play 2 Faction Play Invasion Matches" instead of 5.

Thanks for the change on the FP games. I know it's just a warhorn prize, but it's really nice to have collectable prizes for reasonable effort :)

#39 Ninjah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 307 posts
  • LocationComstar Lounge

Posted 06 June 2017 - 11:09 AM

What, no rewards for lurming? Half of the playerbase is not going to be happy ;) Just kidding, nice event, too bad I'll be on a looong, well deserved vacation :/

#40 DGTLDaemon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 746 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 06 June 2017 - 11:10 AM

View PostTina Benoit, on 06 June 2017 - 10:57 AM, said:

...and oh my god I know, Wub Wub should have been pulse lasers!!! What was I thinking?!?! Do you guys have a better sound effect to change it to? Please don't say "PEWWWWW"...

Maybe change the challenge itself to pulse lasers? ;) Clan ER large kinda suck right now, definitely NOT looking forward to doing this challenge...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users