• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 06 June 2017 - 11:11 AM

View PostTina Benoit, on 06 June 2017 - 10:57 AM, said:

Hey guys!

Thanks for the reports and feedback. We changed the Calendar appearance to be clearer and easier on the eyes with color coding each challenge rather than week.

We also fixed the typo's with the Zap! PPC's requirements and oh my god I know, Wub Wub should have been pulse lasers!!! What was I thinking?!?! Do you guys have a better sound effect to change it to? Please don't say "PEWWWWW"...

And last note, I realized the first day of challenges was pretty heavy, so we changed the Faction Player Participation Challenge to "Play 2 Faction Play Invasion Matches" instead of 5.

Large Lasers could be a Buzzap sound, or just rename the challenge as "Cat Toys"

#42 VonBruinwald

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 06 June 2017 - 11:13 AM

Oh Canada! Challenge: Achieve any five Challenges during Week 4

Just to clarify:
If I (by some miracle) complete Accuracy 1,2 and XP 2 on the last day of week 3 does that make them no longer eligible for Oh Canada!?

#43 Thomas G Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 373 posts
  • LocationNorth Germany

Posted 06 June 2017 - 11:13 AM

AHH Bugger you rotton swines at PGI Damm you to Hell and back, may Trump move into your country!!!!

Now I will have to play even more then normal, the wife is going to kill me and it is all your fault!!!

Kundos to the guys who thought this one up, looking forward to playing for the goals with my non meta Mechs, great event, as a matter of fact I cannot think of anyone offhand who does better events with better rewards (War Thunder I am looking at you, and I will not even think of AW)

I even forgive you for the team challenges ;-)

#44 Fox the Apprentice

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 11:20 AM

View PostKaethir, on 06 June 2017 - 10:58 AM, said:

*sigh*.

I'm going on a 2-week vacation with my family.

It's the last 2 weeks of this event.

fail.

Not too late to cancel! :D

#45 Kaethir

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 236 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY, USA

Posted 06 June 2017 - 11:25 AM

View PostFox the Apprentice, on 06 June 2017 - 11:20 AM, said:

Not too late to cancel! Posted Image

Did it not involve multiple months of planning, arrangements with my (soon-to-be-ex-)wife, and promises to my kids... I might consider it.

#46 Big Tin Man

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 11:57 AM

Wub Wub should have been pulse lasers!!! What was I thinking?!?! Do you guys have a better sound effect to change it to? Please don't say "PEWWWWW"...

This was covered before your time Tina. Here's the answer to your questions

Pulses wub
PPC's crack
Lasers pew

Edited by Big Tin Man, 06 June 2017 - 12:01 PM.

#47 Pz_DC

• Staff Sergeant
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 12:09 PM

Thanks, it's going to be funny.
But... most of "challenges" are not really challenging, just "get enoth time to play the game". While it's fine for most (low-medium) skilled players, some of us want CHALLENGES (like it was in challenge with VTR-3S(c) as grand prize.. cant remember it's name). So, dear devs, please try to combine those 2 parts - give us "easy" daily quest and one "hard" daily quest (like get 5 kills in one match in solo quick play queue or 10 kills in one match in solo faction play queue).
P.S. was looking on BLRs for a long time, but looks like now it's time to get them all and try it :P

Edited by MGA121285, 06 June 2017 - 12:10 PM.

#48 H E I D I

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 536 posts
  • Locationunterhalb der Schwarzkiefer

Posted 06 June 2017 - 12:18 PM

WOW, love complex Challenges Posted Image

thx PGI Posted Image <o

#49 Marius Evander

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 12:22 PM

View PostSPNKRGrenth, on 06 June 2017 - 10:54 AM, said:

Lots of variety and creativity in all the challenges is nice to see. But that doesn't make up for forcing people to play every day for the better part of a month, nothing ever makes up for that. Either run the challenges by week, or just all at once. This every day nonsense is never fun, no matter the reward.

That said, a lot of the rewards are really nice ones.

Why complain? Because they could have all the same events and rewards, even the event names and the total length of the event the same. But not be so controlling in how they're completed. They could just as easily have all the challenges for each week, go for the whole week.

I'm still going to do them, because those rewards are worth it. But it would be so much more enjoyable for most, to be able to do the challenges for a week in a day or two when they've got the most time, instead of having to try and make the time each and every day they want to go for one of the challenges.

The whole point of events is to keep people playing to keep queue times low. Not give presents.

View Postlinux4eva, on 06 June 2017 - 11:06 AM, said:

Color coding of events is alredy there - you have to login and go to the event page to see it.

They fixed it after the guy you quoted posted.

#50 Apollo777

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 265 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 06 June 2017 - 12:22 PM

Without premium time those XP challenges (15,000 and 20,000) take much longer time to achive. Posted Image
Some people don't have premium time.Posted Image

Edited by Apollo777, 06 June 2017 - 01:27 PM.

#51 Marius Evander

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 12:23 PM

Oh wow i hadnt noticed no premiun time this event. Thats gòod and bad.

#52 Brakkyn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 12:26 PM

Amagah, confusing. I'm going to need to reread everything again to make sure I have everything straight so I know what to do and when.

#53 Iron Lemur

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 12:35 PM

Dear Lord, PGI, I have a family...

#54 Rhialto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationQuébec, QC - CANADA

Posted 06 June 2017 - 01:05 PM

Amazing... there are just the 24 hours ones that could be preoblematic for some as usually in 24 hours a day it's not even garanteed you can find 1 hour to play but other than that I very welcome this event, I will do my best to grab some cool warhorns as I like to be heard when I do a kill. Posted Image

View PostIron Lemur, on 06 June 2017 - 12:35 PM, said:

Dear Lord, PGI, I have a family...

This! For my comment just above about challenges with 24 hours only.

#55 BMKA

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 105 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationChile

Posted 06 June 2017 - 01:24 PM

It is such a good event that cannot be missed

#56 Cpt Contego

• PipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 73 posts
  • LocationQueensland, Australia

Posted 06 June 2017 - 01:31 PM

With some challenges only on specific days that makes it pretty hard, I understand that they are just rewarding dedicated players, but the ones with jobs are the guys who pay PGI's bills, how about some love and make them a week by week basis instead of a specific 24-48 hour period? Hell, even up the difficulty of the challenges if you must, but please, increase to weekly basis.

#57 tee5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 01:32 PM

View PostMGA121285, on 06 June 2017 - 12:09 PM, said:

... like get 5 kills in one match in solo quick play queue or 10 kills in one match in solo faction play queue...

Oh my god please never do this!
All this does is make people go hide, not wanting to fight, but when others have opened the mechs for them, then come out of their cover and make the kill shot.

#58 FireDog

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 377 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 01:43 PM

"We also fixed the typo's with the Zap! PPC's requirements and oh my god I know, Wub Wub should have been pulse lasers!!! What was I thinking?!?! Do you guys have a better sound effect to change it to? Please don't say "PEWWWWW"..."

The bigger lasers go "BUZZEMMMMMMMMM".

#59 Alan Hicks

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 414 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 02:03 PM

Wow Posted Image , the longest event I've seen so far, with the monthly schedule and everything.

Good rewards and more warhorns are a must, so I'm in.Posted Image

Got that Battlemaster already but i'm ok with another one.

#60 Marius Evander

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 02:14 PM

View PostEl Contego, on 06 June 2017 - 01:31 PM, said:

With some challenges only on specific days that makes it pretty hard, I understand that they are just rewarding dedicated players, but the ones with jobs are the guys who pay PGI's bills, how about some love and make them a week by week basis instead of a specific 24-48 hour period? Hell, even up the difficulty of the challenges if you must, but please, increase to weekly basis.

The ones with jobs thaf pay their bills buy the warhorns, maybe a half price warhorns sale would appease thee?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users