5 replies to this topic

#1 Zenthious

• PipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 36 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 06 June 2017 - 10:58 AM

After playing battletech beta I'm convinced I would like to see a melee plus knockdown system in MWO. Short of combined arms (tanks/BA/infantry/aerotech) it's the only thing that is missing from every MechWarrior shooter I've played. It would be cool to make use of the fists, and would be even more cool to add the melee based mechs.

#2 MajCyric

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 20 posts
  • LocationSin City

Posted 06 June 2017 - 07:06 PM

This is why mech knock downs was removed..

https://youtu.be/4K2QF70H2hc

#3 Arugela

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 419 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 08:06 PM

That game in that video is a lot better than the game today. They should put back knockdown and full jumpjets and whatever they removed.

I would love to play that game. The movement is so much better and looks like it makes sense. Why was that game not made like that?! Can't they hire some people to work past the engine and fix it and make it how it was supposed to be originally?

There is nothing wrong with the knockdown besides any lag issues. It would only make people think to not go alone as much and use teamwork. It also makes it more dangerous for lights to run into or get too close heavies by the looks of it, potentially making more balance and order to combat. If they can bump down heavies and assaults too easily they could change the values or make it more realistic if not. It looks like more fun to me regardless.

https://mwomercs.com...8400-knockback/

Seem to have been complaints along that lines at the time because of it.

I have a feeling it was intended as a pretty important balance feature against lights. It should be fixed and put in.

https://mwomercs.com...ck-etc-revised/

In fact it would be cool if weapons could knockdown potentially. They could give values about how much the fire pushes the fireing mech back and how much it hits a target. The could add mechanics so each mech has certain leg abilities to stay up and then combine up to it's fireing knockback and incoming fires so some mechs might be knocked back while fire and receiving incoming damage and other just get knocked down. Then other mechs could be limited in weapons choosing to some degree because firing weapons too large for it's leg design and capacity would make it fall etc.

It could add a lot more dynamics to the game.

Edited by Arugela, 06 June 2017 - 08:34 PM.

#4 Rick T Dangerous

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 354 posts
  • LocationExactly above Earth's center

Posted 06 June 2017 - 09:13 PM

Melee would be great for this game. I wanna see an Urbie go full Jackie Chan on an Atlas.

Knockdown and exploding reactors are really missing in this game. And the reactor should only blow when the relevant torso parts are destroyed, not after legging or headshooting a mech, so the wrecks become useful...

#5 AnswerIsOne

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 27 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 07 June 2017 - 10:04 AM

View PostZenthious, on 06 June 2017 - 10:58 AM, said:

After playing battletech beta I'm convinced I would like to see a melee plus knockdown system in MWO. Short of combined arms (tanks/BA/infantry/aerotech) it's the only thing that is missing from every MechWarrior shooter I've played. It would be cool to make use of the fists, and would be even more cool to add the melee based mechs.

If Hairbrained schemes can use PGI assets for its game could not PGI use HBS's Animations to include Melee?
Throw a punch, your ranges weapons are off until animation is completed.
Throw a punch and List the cockpit away then into the puch for 1st person view....
EASY...DONE!

#6 Zenthious

• PipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 36 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 13 June 2017 - 09:50 AM

View PostMajCyric, on 06 June 2017 - 07:06 PM, said:

This is why mech knock downs was removed..

https://youtu.be/4K2QF70H2hc

Was that on the test server at one time!? I've played this game a long time, and I don't recall there ever being a knockdown mechanic. I think that's absolutely awesome. They might make it a little bit harder to accomplish, but still, I think they should consider adding that back in and wrapping some skill tree modifiers around it.

Additionally, I've seen the scenario where a mech loses all it's weapons in combat a number of times. This would give you something effective to do when that happens. (Other than stand around, or become a shield)

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users