Remove Ability To Report People From Group Queue

36 replies to this topic

#1 G4LV4TR0N

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 907 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 11:44 AM

I've been with 3 random people to do Group Queue today. We fought some game on Mining Collective and we were paired with (I assume) group of 8 people, as they were all silent I also guess they were on TS. Game was pretty close but this 8 ppl group was very bad so except 1 guy they all died early on and we had to fight against bigger team with 5 ppl left. After dying they turned their in-game comms on and started to talk **** about my mech and build trying to blame everything except themselves. We did pretty well, lost one more guy but won game that we fought against seven(?) enemies 12-8. Our group of 4 did more damage total then their group of 8, and scored almost all kills. Nobody really cared about it until we tried to play again, turned out I had 10 minute penalty enabled. I guess their whole team reported me for something and game system accepted it. What can be done about such behavior?

#2 Shifty McSwift

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,889 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 11:46 AM

You sure it wasn't a team damage timer, they can build up over time I hear.

#3 Tincan Nightmare

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 11:47 AM

View PostG4LV4TR0N, on 07 June 2017 - 11:44 AM, said:

I've been with 3 random people to do Group Queue today. We fought some game on Mining Collective and we were paired with (I assume) group of 8 people, as they were all silent I also guess they were on TS. Game was pretty close but this 8 ppl group was very bad so except 1 guy they all died early on and we had to fight against bigger team with 5 ppl left. After dying they turned their in-game comms on and started to talk **** about my mech and build trying to blame everything except themselves. We did pretty well, lost one more guy but won game that we fought against seven(?) enemies 12-8. Our group of 4 did more damage total then their group of 8, and scored almost all kills. Nobody really cared about it until we tried to play again, turned out I had 10 minute penalty enabled. I guess their whole team reported me for something and game system accepted it. What can be done about such behavior?

Maybe open a ticket with support? If the stats are what you say, it should be pretty easy to see that a group targeted you for harassment and maybe support can return the favor with a penalty on them. Posted Image

#4 Escef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 07 June 2017 - 11:51 AM

If you were in a 3-man group it is literally impossible for there to be an 8-man group on your team. 3+8=11, group queue will NOT pull an odd single person out of the solo queue.

Secondly, you do not get time penalties for people reporting you. You get penalties for excessive team damage, team kills, disconnects before you die, and death by out of bounds. Furthermore, a 10 minute penalty would be for a total of 4 offenses within the past 4 hours.

https://mwomercs.com...-1458-15mar2016

Edited by Escef, 07 June 2017 - 11:52 AM.

#5 G4LV4TR0N

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 907 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 11:52 AM

View PostShifty McSwift, on 07 June 2017 - 11:46 AM, said:

You sure it wasn't a team damage timer, they can build up over time I hear.

I've dropped Artillery to finish last cored mech who was hiding and one of my teammates ran to brawl him same time but team damage must have been very low because he got hit only by last round. That's about it.

#6 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 07 June 2017 - 11:52 AM

It must be a team damage timer. But just in case, send support a note because the alternative would be really a terrible thing on PGI's part.

#7 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 07 June 2017 - 11:56 AM

View PostEscef, on 07 June 2017 - 11:51 AM, said:

If you were in a 3-man group it is literally impossible for there to be an 8-man group on your team. 3+8=11, group queue will NOT pull an odd single person out of the solo queue.

Secondly, you do not get time penalties for people reporting you. You get penalties for excessive team damage, team kills, disconnects before you die, and death by out of bounds. Furthermore, a 10 minute penalty would be for a total of 4 offenses within the past 4 hours.

https://mwomercs.com...-1458-15mar2016

PGI should really collate all of their patch notes into one coherent and easily readable and understandable user manual. It makes absolutely no sense to expect any player to pore through all patch notes just to find the relevant item someone is looking for.

In fact, I'm sending support a note asking just that.

#8 Shifty McSwift

• 2,889 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 11:57 AM

View PostG4LV4TR0N, on 07 June 2017 - 11:52 AM, said:

I've dropped Artillery to finish last cored mech who was hiding and one of my teammates ran to brawl him same time but team damage must have been very low because he got hit only by last round. That's about it.

I wasn't trying to insinuate anything, in case you thought I might be, it is entirely feasible to get runs of bad luck in lots of areas, including team damage, without nefarious intent.

#9 G4LV4TR0N

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 907 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 12:01 PM

I did not write "3-man group". I wrote "I've been with 3 random people..." and then "Our group of 4...".

Edited by G4LV4TR0N, 07 June 2017 - 12:02 PM.

#10 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 07 June 2017 - 12:04 PM

Report the people who harassed you.

#11 Escef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 07 June 2017 - 12:09 PM

View PostG4LV4TR0N, on 07 June 2017 - 12:01 PM, said:

I did not write "3-man group". I wrote "I've been with 3 random people..." and then "Our group of 4...".

You're right, I read that part too quickly. Mea culpa.

The rest of what I said, however, still applies.

#12 Shifty McSwift

• 2,889 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 12:12 PM

View PostG4LV4TR0N, on 07 June 2017 - 12:01 PM, said:

So, back to my original, totally just genuinely curious, question that you were sure it was not a team damage related timer?

If you are unsure, it was likely just that, a bunch of random (likely accidental) team damage built up resulting in that timer. Some of the timers are so short you are ready to go before your mechbay loads, so it's pretty easy to miss any "warning" timers.

These timers do tend to affect legitimate players, but not as much as they do the illegitimate ones, and without these slaps on the wrist it gets pretty silly.

If it was team damage at all that is, IDK.

#13 G4LV4TR0N

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 907 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 12:16 PM

I did like 5-6 games with those people before, didn't score a single team kills neither we had any penalty timer and we were playing without pauses. Also didn't miss any Airstrike/Artillery in those games.

Edited by G4LV4TR0N, 07 June 2017 - 12:18 PM.

#14 Shifty McSwift

• 2,889 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 12:25 PM

View PostG4LV4TR0N, on 07 June 2017 - 12:16 PM, said:

I did like 5-6 games with those people before, didn't score a single team kills neither we had any penalty timer and we were playing without pauses.

Hmm, you may have still missed smaller timer, and I don't think it just considers kills, total team damage is taken into account, and playing lots of games quickly really only increases your chances of dealing enough accidental team damage to set a timer off.

I don't think I have ever triggered a 10 minute timer, though its entirely possible I have and forgot or didn't notice, I see the tail end of some kind of timer reasonably frequently (anywhere between 10 seconds to a minute), team damage is something that I do my best to avoid, but it does happen.

If its not that, then I guess the question that remains is, what else causes a 10 minute timer like that?

#15 Ced Riggs

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 825 posts
  • Locationunclear, mech stuck in bay.

Posted 07 June 2017 - 01:09 PM

Reports are meaningless until a PGI employee acts upon them. False reports are dismissed. If you receive a disciplinary action, you can appeal it with support. A preemptive ticket to "snipe" the reports is a waste of everyone's time - you cannot preempt this, not can a single game put you on the naughty list. If someone says they reported you, it's null, void and meaningless, only meant to insinuate any sort of power over you. Ignore it.

10 minute timeout is for team damage. Avoid friendly fire, where possible. Timeouts increase with frequency of strikes/damage dealt. You must've accumulated a lot of team damage, probablikely with arty strikes, but what do I know. Has nothing to do with reports.

This entire thread is based on a misconception.

#16 Xmith

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 1,099 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 07 June 2017 - 02:35 PM

View PostG4LV4TR0N, on 07 June 2017 - 12:16 PM, said:

I did like 5-6 games with those people before, didn't score a single team kills neither we had any penalty timer and we were playing without pauses. Also didn't miss any Airstrike/Artillery in those games.

There is no way around it, no ifs or buts. You were penalized for suicide, accumulative excessive team damage and or team kills.

Edited by Xmith, 07 June 2017 - 02:42 PM.

#17 dezgra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 271 posts
  • LocationLaborer caste mess hall

Posted 07 June 2017 - 02:42 PM

I was with G4LV4TRON as group lead. When we started our next match we got a 10 minute penalty. No penalty before that.

#18 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 07 June 2017 - 03:16 PM

Reporting people does not ever result in a match join delay timer.

View PostXmith, on 07 June 2017 - 02:35 PM, said:

There is no way around it, no ifs or buts. You were penalized for suicide, accumulative excessive team damage and or team kills.

Well, it can also happen due to disconnects. But that's it.

#19 Bohxim

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 523 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 04:30 PM

Disconnects only count as 1 penalty after about 2- 3 consecutive ones. So it can't be disconnects. That said reports don't give you the penalty right after either. You might get a warning or suspension but that would be a while after they screen through the facts
I'm thinking 1 of your 4 man dropped an errant strike and did a combination of 2 things. >130 dmg and 1 kill or plain >190 dmg. 3 penalty points gets you the 10 mins penalty

#20 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 07 June 2017 - 04:42 PM

Report function should be on all queues. It only makes sense.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users