63 replies to this topic

#1 Akala Tanara

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 55 posts
  • LocationNekonia Periphery

Posted 07 June 2017 - 01:07 AM

Simply put, I'm not sure I even feel like poking into this event, it's way overly complicated, spread out far too long, kinda hurts my brain just scrolling through all the daily events that change and crap. I'd much rather they all start at the same time, and end at the same time. Stop spreading it out across the entire event, I have other games I like to play too you know? These are the kinda event's that I find the worst. The achievements aren't too hard or anything, I know I could do them. But keeping track of all that crap even with it on the page, it's just so spread out all over the place.

I'm not the only one that feels like that am I? I like the MWO event's, but I hate when they're built like this.

Edit:
Since apparently it's not clear enough, the specific aspect of the event that annoyed me is that if you need a damn calendar to follow the event, then it's probably overly complicated. The page is a mess of mini-events over the whole remaining month.

Yes I know I can do any parts of the event, none of them look difficult, some would be a little time consuming but that's never stopped me before. It didn't stop me today. I bothered to grind out the 4k match score and faction play games and skipped the group play wins event.

Couple bunch of idiots in the thread think I'm complaining about the event being too hard, haha. Hell no, there's nothing wrong with the EVENT, it's just the structure is a goddamned mess as I see it. Hope that clears it up for the non-too-lazy-to-actually-read.

Also no longer reading this thread, as I am tired of idiots assuming I'm complaining about the event not being easy enough, because they're too lazy to actually read :) Have fun all!

Edited by Akala Tanara, 07 June 2017 - 11:13 AM.

#2 Dr Mlem

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 239 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 01:08 AM

It's really not that hard to really understand.

#3 Gwahlur

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 462 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 01:17 AM

Kind of overwhelming and messy visually I'll agree.
A short, to the point overview of which challenges are actually active when you check it could be a good addition.

#4 Oldbob10025

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 831 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationOldfolks home

Posted 07 June 2017 - 01:26 AM

I agree with you as I work 14-16 hours a day I dont have time to complete some events that are one day events because it ends by the time I get home from work. A week long for each event for some things would be nice that way I can do them during the weekend or one or two matches a day before I get to work.

Dont think they thought about the causal MechWarrior, when doing these. We have lives outside of MechWarrior (GASP) and a longer time period would have been better.

#5 kesmai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,429 posts
  • LocationPirate's Bay

Posted 07 June 2017 - 01:32 AM

Hmmm.
Ok.

Really?
Damn how'd you get thru a week's schedule then?

#6 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,994 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 07 June 2017 - 01:59 AM

ok today Jun 7 you need to drop 2 times in FP

try to get 4000 total match score
try to get 15000 total XP
play group 2 drops

#7 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 June 2017 - 02:00 AM

#8 Akala Tanara

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 55 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 02:00 AM

View PostLazy Badger, on 07 June 2017 - 01:08 AM, said:

It's really not that hard to really understand.

I never said it was hard to understand. It's just as someone else said quite well below, overwhelming and messy, very very messy.

#9 Akala Tanara

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 55 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 02:07 AM

When you need a calendar to know when and what is happening, it's overly complicated. That's what I'm basically saying here ;)

#10 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 07 June 2017 - 02:10 AM

Don't worry about it and just play as usual. Everything you get are free bonus. Hell, I am writing this from a summer place with no access to MWO, and you don't see me stressing over missed rewards. ;)

#11 Akala Tanara

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 55 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 02:14 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 07 June 2017 - 02:10 AM, said:

Don't worry about it and just play as usual. Everything you get are free bonus. Hell, I am writing this from a summer place with no access to MWO, and you don't see me stressing over missed rewards. Posted Image

Oh no I'm not stressing over missing out on anything, I'm barely tempted to even play it anyway. I just don't much care for the wide spread extra long events like this with specific events that go "this long" and then "This one goes this long" then "That one from here till here." After the skill tree refund I'm decently okay on C-bills and GXP, etc so it's not like I'm too worried about mechbays and free items and c-bills. I just like to knock them out when I can, in a nice 1-2 day grind of fun rather than over a whole month..

#12 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,994 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 07 June 2017 - 02:20 AM

its sort of screwed up I won the war horns but it says I have not gotten any XP

sure glad we only have to drop 2 times in FP

edit again
the XP challenge starts at 5PM PDT

there are a yellow Challenge flag that tell you which challenges are active

Edited by Davegt27, 07 June 2017 - 02:26 AM.

#13 HGAK47

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 971 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 02:35 AM

Oh what! This looks cool! Days where actual events will swing the meta, that gauss challenge haha! Granted visually its a little all over the place but im thinking, thanks PGI.

#14 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 07 June 2017 - 03:41 AM

View PostDavegt27, on 07 June 2017 - 01:59 AM, said:

ok today Jun 7 you need to drop 2 times in FP

try to get 4000 total match score
try to get 15000 total XP
play group 2 drops

Way to hard and complicated to understand.

;)

#15 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,924 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 03:44 AM

just think of it as a bunch of mini-events. just do that day's events.

Edited by LordNothing, 07 June 2017 - 03:44 AM.

#16 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 07 June 2017 - 03:44 AM

The part about this Summer Blast event, and others like it that I find annoying is the amount of time one has to invest to complete them..

They promote game play, sure, but if I want to finish this event, my real life stuff has to suffer..

How can one explain to one's wife or kids or boss that you just have to play this game every day for a month, cose' the rewards are just too good..

I mean I barely got the Tukayyid event finished.. A month of "you have to play to finish" is simply too much.. and any event that depends on a number of days played, or which you can't finish in a simple all-nighter is too much.. (Except Tukayyid)

#17 kesmai

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,429 posts
  • LocationPirate's Bay

Posted 07 June 2017 - 03:51 AM

View PostVellron2005, on 07 June 2017 - 03:44 AM, said:

The part about this Summer Blast event, and others like it that I find annoying is the amount of time one has to invest to complete them..

They promote game play, sure, but if I want to finish this event, my real life stuff has to suffer..

How can one explain to one's wife or kids or boss that you just have to play this game every day for a month, cose' the rewards are just too good..

I mean I barely got the Tukayyid event finished.. A month of "you have to play to finish" is simply too much.. and any event that depends on a number of days played, or which you can't finish in a simple all-nighter is too much.. (Except Tukayyid)

All goals are achieved very easily. The time limit is not too short.
The goals differ enough to make the whole event interesting.
It's nothing like "for the victors" (though i really liked that on, opposed to the majority)

+1 to pgi this time.

#18 Akala Tanara

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 55 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 04:01 AM

Yeah like I said I don't mind the goals, or the event itself. Just the way it's structured looks complicated and messy.

#19 Scyther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 07 June 2017 - 04:09 AM

Well, I first looked at it and thought, "Huh, that's a bit of a mess." But then I figured well, I just look at today and do what's on the plate today. Don't need to worry about the whole event.

#20 ShoX

• PipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 57 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 04:17 AM

View PostVellron2005, on 07 June 2017 - 03:44 AM, said:

Well, if you have to make excuses to your family then maybe don't do it?
It's a lot of rewards but in total it looks like 50$ (eyeballing) worth of free stuff if you get everything, and a bunch of stuff that you can get by just investing playtime, like all the CBill and XP rewards.

If you need 50$ of cosmetics in a game so bad that your family has to suffer, maybe you have other problems than PGI's event structure.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users