Please Fix The Start Positions

20 replies to this topic

#1 John Stryker

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 158 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 07:47 PM

The team's assaults that start on the left always gets screwed over due to nascar and takes massive fire trying to get to middle. If both team's assaults started out on the right flank the games might be closer matchups.

#2 Leone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 07 June 2017 - 09:43 PM

Incorrect. That would just mean everyone nascared left instead.

~Leone.

#3 John Stryker

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 158 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 07:08 PM

No one nascars left. Ever. Like I said. If you are an assault starting on the left on this map you are at a huge risk of becoming a speed bump before you can get to center.

#4 BTGbullseye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 30 July 2017 - 12:33 AM

View PostJohn Stryker, on 08 June 2017 - 07:08 PM, said:

No one nascars left. Ever.

If it makes you win a lot, you bet your a$$ they'll start doing it.

#5 dD0ntStopTh3Beat

Rookie

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 11:52 AM

I would say - map is too small. As example - game crashed when "sensors - online" - quite common crash, but anyways. It took me like 2 minutes to rejoing game, but my mech was half destroyed by two lights who just run through whole map to drop locations.

#6 General Solo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 01:49 PM

People nascar as they do coz most mechs have weapons on the right side.

Be sides the opposite is called AUSCAR.

Edited by OZHomerOZ, 19 October 2017 - 01:49 PM.

#7 Scrap Was So C Bills

Rookie

• The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 7 posts
  • LocationLost in the Web

Posted 20 October 2017 - 11:51 AM

Oh, I thought this was about spawning in a game facing towards the red out-of-bounds line.

#8 LGB I Agree - Quote JB 2021

• PipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 04:59 PM

John Stryker has a valid argument for quick play mode on this map. To alleviate this issue change the spawn order as below:
B C A
A C B

Charlie lance will always spawn in center position with Beta lance to their right and Alpha lance to their left relative to the enemy.
The map is not uniform so the side you spawn on will still matter to some but this should combat the natural tendency's of pug drops.

#9 Bonzai VI

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 170 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 08:32 PM

OR people stop nascaring and defend their assaults?

Why is it PGIs fault that the players suck?

#10 Danjo San

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Liao
  • Hero of Liao
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 02:05 AM

View PostJohn Stryker, on 07 June 2017 - 07:47 PM, said:

The team's assaults that start on the left always gets screwed over due to nascar and takes massive fire trying to get to middle. If both team's assaults started out on the right flank the games might be closer matchups.

In Group Queue with multiple small groups, Assaults drop in everywhere.

#11 ShadowFire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 211 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 07:12 AM

Having the left team's Assaults spawn in C2 sets up the "2" line team for failure for many games. PGI should adjust the assaults to the middle for both teams to mix it up more. Or if their (PGI's) programmers are up the the task and the Cry-engine game engine allows, maybe consider making the spawns random. The game/map would play less stale.

#12 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,642 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 19 February 2018 - 08:55 PM

View Postimperial eagle, on 20 November 2017 - 04:59 PM, said:

John Stryker has a valid argument for quick play mode on this map. To alleviate this issue change the spawn order as below:
B C A
A C B

Charlie lance will always spawn in center position with Beta lance to their right and Alpha lance to their left relative to the enemy.
The map is not uniform so the side you spawn on will still matter to some but this should combat the natural tendency's of pug drops.

This ^^^

Essentially, PGI should stop being so... linear..? Assault/heaviest lance will always be dropped spawn point C, trade out the spawn points letters as indicated on all maps.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 19 February 2018 - 08:56 PM.

#13 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 11:33 PM

assaults should just spawn in the middle

its not that hard

#14 Phlynn

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 42 posts

Posted 01 April 2018 - 07:17 PM

When you can determine the chance of losing on a map just by the drop placement, it makes the map pointless. One team will naturally group in the D4 sector. The other will scatter over the map as the scouts and those whose skill level consists of back shots rush to get around, leaving their assaults to perish. Many times, the assaults can't clear the D4 advance before the other team reaches it.

A map that favors getting a sandwich in the two minutes it will take for the assaults to die off.

#15 FireDog

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 377 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 09:10 AM

Yep another wasted game caused by the poor Assault C2 spawn placement by PGI... I can not see what the hold up is at PGI, they have got to know about this by now. They may be totally overwhelmed in the map department or still incompetent in map design. (Except for the art department, those folks are holding up their part well.) Then again maybe is a Cry-Engine problem that is not so easy to fix.

Are random spawn points impossible with PGI's Cry-Engine? Are the spawn points written in stone during early map production? I sure wish we could get an honest explanation about the issue.

... About another 10-20 suckie games since I first drafted this post, all starting with the lousy C2 assault spawn. I guess PGI just does not give a damn about it's customers. They have adjusted other map spawn points and yet this map has not been modded. Their MWO map design department (less their art folks) have really let us down over the years. In my option it has been the worst aspect of our MWO gaming experience.

Edited by FireDog, 09 August 2018 - 06:25 PM.

#16 Akhri Mala

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 188 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 26 August 2018 - 11:51 AM

starting with assaults in the C2 position almost guarantees you're going to lose 1-2 assaults.

is there any actual logic as to why assaults aren't middle position starting?

#17 Stealth Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 736 posts
  • LocationOff in the Desert

Posted 27 August 2018 - 08:39 AM

I don't understand why you'd ever put your assaults to the side any way. You never put the batteships or aircraft carriers out on the edges, and you always have your tanks in the middle surrounded by lighter support units. So why have Assaults stuck out in the boonies? Put them in the middle dangit.

#18 Akhri Mala

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 188 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 19 September 2018 - 11:22 AM

They moved them ! Thank you!

#19 LGB I Agree - Quote JB 2021

• PipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 03:42 PM

Wow!! PGI actually made a helpful productive change! Posted Image It just took a year to for them to change a single line of code.
At this rate, MWO is finally going to be great by the time... oh wait I'll be dead by then.

Edited by imperial eagle, 19 September 2018 - 03:44 PM.

#20 FireDog

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 377 posts

Posted 02 March 2019 - 05:08 PM

While I appreciate the Assault spawn change with the 2 line spawns the 6 line team still has a great advantage on the 2 line team. It almost always makes it the center commanding high ground well before the poor 2 line team gets into posistion. Team 6 line wins most matches hands down by just arriving early. I bet a simple look at who wins on this map will show a glaring disproportional win/loose ratio in favor of the 6 line team.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users