Straight-Fire Lrms Poll

No replies to this topic

Poll: LRM Buff (4 member(s) have cast votes)

Should LRMs go on straight line when there's LOS?

1. Yes (1 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

2. Yes, but only the Artemis'ed launchers (2 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

3. No (1 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,104 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 09 June 2017 - 10:44 PM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 09 June 2017 - 10:44 PM, said:

So I was looking at the kickass Battletech beta gameplays. Their ACs suck though, like the AC20 of the hunchback doing burst fire, and that long too, seriously it looks all wrong.

However their LRMs look a lot better in MWO, functions pretty well too. Of course it spreads damage as expected, but still looks a lot more kickass.

Something I noticed is that, there are two modes of fire -- Direct and Indirect. The Indirect fire of the LRM follows a ballistic trajectory that circumvents most covers, and i haven't really seen it done in Beta but LRMs cannot be blocked by cover AFAIK.

And then there is the Direct fire, LRMs going in straight lines. It's shown at the MW3 too:

The thing is that, assuming that the Velocity of 140m/s as dictated of the game does not account of the ballistic trajectory, this means that the curving pathway of the LRMs trying to circumvent cover would have taken longer to hit because of the longer path.

What if LRMs would go on a straight line when you have LOS? Of course when the individual launcher is blocked then it would go ballistic instead. Because the LRMs take the straight path which is the shorter path, instead of the longer ballistic path, it should encourage people to get their own locks too because it increases the likelyhood that they would land a hit with the LRMs due to less time to hit.

What do you think? Personally i would prefer if LRMs that are not artemised would remain ballistic, but only Artemised launchers could fire in straight lines. So that the Artemis bonus would "manifest" in one other way.

Topic: https://mwomercs.com...ight-fire-lrms/

Edited by The6thMessenger, 09 June 2017 - 10:48 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users