Dear Pgi: Thank You, And How About A Super-Hot / Super-Cold Event? That Would Be Fun!

12 replies to this topic

#1 AjerWerklWerkl

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 157 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 05:05 AM

First, thank you PGI for all the hard work recently. Seems like many feel that the game is in a very good state right now, and I would agree. (Another clue is that the complainers are touching on a wide range of issues, which means balance is pretty good.) I am thoroughly enjoying the increased durability and slowness of mechs makes the game more thoughtful and strategic, which I like.

I love the summer event as well, and the generosity behind it. Thank you!

My suggestion is: wouldn't be really interesting to have some "extreme modifier" events? Like all ambient temps increase or decrease by 25%? Or armor is increased/decreased by 25% for all mechs, etc... ?

I don't think you'd want to do this often, as it totally breaks the game, but once in a while it might be really fun. :)

Thanks again.

#2 oldradagast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 06:04 AM

Various ideas have been floated, including hilarious ones for April Fool's day.

I doubt anything will come of it, and I suspect PGI lacks the resources to spend on random, not serious events. Still, they would be hilarious if done right.

World of Warships back in 2016 had an April Fool's Day event with toy ships in a bathtub, as an example.

#3 l33tworks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,277 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 11 June 2017 - 06:47 AM

The heat idea is bad bcos everyone will just run dual guass but double armour half gravity etc would be fun.

#4 RestosIII

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 11 June 2017 - 09:52 AM

View PostAjerWerklWerkl, on 11 June 2017 - 05:05 AM, said:

My suggestion is: wouldn't be really interesting to have some "extreme modifier" events? Like all ambient temps increase or decrease by 25%? Or armor is increased/decreased by 25% for all mechs, etc... ?

Can you please not? I like my matches being reliable and not total screwed to hell and back. If they had a separate event queue, sure, why not, it'll be stupid and imbalanced and crap, but whatever. But changing the rest of the game? No thank you. 25% temp increase would turn my Nova or Adder into suicide boxes, thank you very much.

#5 cazidin

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 10:00 AM

View PostRestosIII, on 11 June 2017 - 09:52 AM, said:

Can you please not? I like my matches being reliable and not total screwed to hell and back. If they had a separate event queue, sure, why not, it'll be stupid and imbalanced and crap, but whatever. But changing the rest of the game? No thank you. 25% temp increase would turn my Nova or Adder into suicide boxes, thank you very much.

They're not already?

#6 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 11 June 2017 - 10:43 AM

View Postcazidin, on 11 June 2017 - 10:00 AM, said:

They're not already?

My definition of "suicide box" is a lot different from other people. Most of my builds would classify as "suicide boxes" for other people due to their terrible heat situation, but I have a high tolerance for it. A proper "suicide box" designation for me is overheating in 2 shots.

#7 Kangarad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 573 posts
  • LocationIn the Mechlab, adding more Double Heatsinks.

Posted 11 June 2017 - 11:36 AM

Id like some super hot event simple because msot people actualy struggle with the heat... and its fun for my flamer nova.

but extra armour events would have to have the offset with extra ammo... because ammo is allready short in supply..

View PostRestosIII, on 11 June 2017 - 10:43 AM, said:

My definition of "suicide box" is a lot different from other people. Most of my builds would classify as "suicide boxes" for other people due to their terrible heat situation, but I have a high tolerance for it. A proper "suicide box" designation for me is overheating in 2 shots.

you call that a suicide box? I got a KGC variant build that overheats every single time I alpha strike, on cold maps.

#8 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 11 June 2017 - 11:37 AM

View PostKangarad, on 11 June 2017 - 11:36 AM, said:

you call that a suicide box? I got a KGC variant build that overheats every single time I alpha strike, on cold maps.

That's not a suicide box, that's a joke build. There's a difference. :P

#9 Kangarad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 573 posts
  • LocationIn the Mechlab, adding more Double Heatsinks.

Posted 11 June 2017 - 12:53 PM

View PostRestosIII, on 11 June 2017 - 11:37 AM, said:

That's not a suicide box, that's a joke build. There's a difference. Posted Image

it kills 1 enemy mech per overheat... in CqC. either the enemy dies or he gets a free shot while being crippled. its actualy suicidal.

with 25% more heat from an event teh build would go boom like the direstar :D

#10 - World Eater -

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 940 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 02:00 PM

Would love a no armor event.

#11 CFC Conky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,834 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 11 June 2017 - 04:07 PM

They should have a map/event where everyone drops in a Kodiak armed with just one small laser.

Granted, the matches might be on the long side...

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

Edited by CFC Conky, 11 June 2017 - 04:08 PM.

#12 Bigbacon

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,096 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 04:27 PM

make it terra therma ALL DAY!!!

that map needs some play time and everyone need to use some brain to deal with the heat.

#13 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 04:39 PM

View PostKangarad, on 11 June 2017 - 12:53 PM, said:

it kills 1 enemy mech per overheat... in CqC. either the enemy dies or he gets a free shot while being crippled. its actualy suicidal.

it kills 1 enemy mech per overheat... in CqC.

in CqC

I'm just imagining a King Crab doing this to other mechs.

13 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 13 guests, 0 anonymous users