Jump Jet Tree

4 replies to this topic

#1 Bigbacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,096 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 04:24 PM

is this tree worth it for something like a Myst Lynx? before Skill tree this thing jumped around like crazy and it was good...

Is the tree needed in order to continue that? I want to get up on things but I would LOVE to save the SP by not using the tree to put it else where.

#2 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 04:40 PM

well, if you want to get something out of it,
i would suggest the Vent Calibration, it will give you +15%ish JJ Fuel,
other than that theirs not much that matters,

JJ Heat is good on JJ Energy Boats,
and Lift Speed is ok, same with Thrust Vectoring(which pushes your Mech Forward)
but you can Skip most of that, just stick with Vent Calibration, if you want better jumping but want to save SP,

#3 Angel of Annihilation

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,881 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 05:36 PM

Well I can tell you that I have did a few tests and on my Viper and spending about 16 points in the tree I got an extra 55m in jump distance. Also my Dragonslayer can now jump to the top of the ridges in Canyon Network where it couldn't before.

As Andi mentioned before me though, if you want to minimize your investment, just go with Vent Calibration. However, lift speed is also very nice especially on heavier mechs which tend to rise very slowly. Also the Vectoring can be useful since it will push you forward. Basically all those times your trying to jump up a steep hill and can't go anywhere because you can't get a running start goes away. With Vectoring, you get that extra nudge forward that allows you to push up and over things you couldn't without that aforementioned running start.

However, truth be told, I really don't think the JJ tree is worth the points on the vast majority of mech. Basically on any mech that had decent jumping capability before, you don't really see or feel much difference and if the mech didn't have good jumping before, it still won't after you spend SP. Sure like on my Dragonslayer, it is nice to be able to actually reach the top of those Canyons, but I gaining enough to make it worthwile on most mechs will be the exception, not the rule in my opinion.

#4 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 11 June 2017 - 05:40 PM

Some people swear by it, others scoff at it. Experiment with your own playstyle.

#5 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,104 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 11 June 2017 - 05:40 PM

I would steer clear on that tree when i have lots of JJs in the mech, especially those that already have so much JJ.

Then again, I'm the type that generalizes on the Skill Tree and cover what my mechs are lacking first, then improve on the role i'm trying to concentrate.

Edited by The6thMessenger, 11 June 2017 - 05:45 PM.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users