Hero Black Knight

18 replies to this topic

#1 cazidin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 09:49 AM

Greetings MechWarriors. Today I have a simple question. What loadout can I use with 1 ballistic and 1 missile slot other than 6-7 Medium Lasers and an AC/20, some PPCs and Gauss? Using current tech not the very likely to be pre-nerfed Civil War tech.

#2 Requiemking

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 2,479 posts
  • LocationStationed at the Iron Dingo's Base on Dumassas

Posted 15 June 2017 - 09:53 AM

I mean, you could try the Mini AS7-K loadout(Gauss, LRM 20, lasers to taste).

#3 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,935 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 15 June 2017 - 09:57 AM

View Postcazidin, on 15 June 2017 - 09:49 AM, said:

Greetings MechWarriors. Today I have a simple question. What loadout can I use with 1 ballistic and 1 missile slot other than 6-7 Medium Lasers and an AC/20, some PPCs and Gauss? Using current tech not the very likely to be pre-nerfed Civil War tech.

Other than an AC20 and ML?
Yikes...I don't know...how about a LBX10 an SRM4 and then all the MPL you can fit for a sort-of-shotgun build?
Or maybe a Gauss and 3-4ERLL or 2ERPPC-3PPC?
Could ya make 3LPL and an AC10 fit?

I haven't theory crafted the thing since I didn't see much point to buying another mech {LT-MOB-25} full of waist height hard points.

#4 cazidin

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 10:05 AM

View PostBud Crue, on 15 June 2017 - 09:57 AM, said:

Other than an AC20 and ML?
Yikes...I don't know...how about a LBX10 an SRM4 and then all the MPL you can fit for a sort-of-shotgun build?
Or maybe a Gauss and 3-4ERLL or 2ERPPC-3PPC?
Could ya make 3LPL and an AC10 fit?

I haven't theory crafted the thing since I didn't see much point to buying another mech {LT-MOB-25} full of waist height hard points.

I honestly, truly, don't mind the waist height hard points. I can adapt, because the Black Knight is easily my favorite heavy just for the design and general beauty. I'd like the Hero but... I'm not really... sold on it, tbh.

#5 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,935 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 15 June 2017 - 10:12 AM

View Postcazidin, on 15 June 2017 - 10:05 AM, said:

I honestly, truly, don't mind the waist height hard points. I can adapt, because the Black Knight is easily my favorite heavy just for the design and general beauty. I'd like the Hero but... I'm not really... sold on it, tbh.

The lone B and M points just don't do much for me, even ignoring the height issue. To my way of thinking the hero mechs are for aesthetics not much else. History shows, that if they are in any way even hinting at a P2W advantage, PGI will nerf them into oblivion. So if you buy, buy em for the looks.

With that in mind, build em so that they look badass. If/when I get around to purchasing them (especially the BK and the Hopper) why pretend that I won't, I know I will) I'd probably run it like a pocket Misery. AC10-20 and as many LPLs or mix of LPL and ERML (when they get here) as I can fit. Though I usually try to use all the hard points, in this case I think I would skip the missile.

#6 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 15 June 2017 - 10:20 AM

Gauss rac5 uac10/20 if they fit.

Edited by Monkey Lover, 15 June 2017 - 10:23 AM.

#7 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 15 June 2017 - 10:37 AM

Well, a 350XL, endo steel, and near max armor (448/462) leaves you with 35 tons of payload with 2 energy hardpoints each in right arm (all actuators) and both side torsos, an AMS left torso, and a missile and a ballistic hardpoint in the left arm (minimum actuators).

An AC20 & 4 tons of ammo is 18 tons, leaves you 17 tons. Easily a pair of large pulse and 3 extra heat sinks (all of which can be engine slotted). 11 crit slots remain after that, which would let you squeeze in Light ferro armor next month and an extra heat sink. In the meantime, you have a fairly swift close-range beatstick. Alternatively, instead of the twin LPLs, you could pop in 6xMPL and 2 more heat sinks. It'll be toasty and very short range, but you'll hit like a truck.

Or, you could drop the AC20 & 4 tons of ammo for an AC10 & 2 tons ammo, saving you 4 tons and 5 crits.Easily another heat sink and an SRM4 with a ton of ammo.

A Gauss & 3 tons ammo is the same tonnage as the above ac20, and 4 crits more compact; could add ferro armor and sneak in another heat sink, giving those LPLs slightly better sustained DPS. With a half ton and 1 crit remaining at that point you could fully max the armor, add a small laser, or trim another half ton of armor and add a TAG, flamer, or ML.

Mind you, all of this assumes a 350XL. That's a big engine for a mech that size, and it nets you some respectable speed. You could do most of these builds with a 300 standard and a couple fewer heat sinks, if you want.

There's also the option of an LB10X, AC10, or UAC5 with a modest standard engine, say a 325, and a bunch of backup energy weapons. E.g., UAC5 & 2 tons of ammo, 2xPPC, 4xSPL, 325 standard, endo, 412/462 ferro armor, double sinks. Or that same example build, but swap the PPCs and SPLs for LPLs and MLs.

There's also the option of getting really silly, and using the missile hardpoint for a NARC. Honestly, I think the best use for the missile point will be for a modest MRM launcher or RL10 after the time jump next month. If you don't use that ballistic point, well, you just aren't doing much with it that you couldn't do with another mech. And to be frank, the 350XL+AC20 build is intriguing, as few other IS mechs can run an AC20 with an XL, and especially none with the Knight's combination of size and speed. Think of it as a Victor with no jets and bonus c-bill earnings.

Edited by Escef, 15 June 2017 - 10:39 AM.

#8 Requiemking

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 10:48 AM

Considering new tech, Partizan's possibilities do open up quite a bit. An MRM 30 paired with some MLS and possibly an LB10X(if you can fit it) might be a nasty brawler.

#9 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 15 June 2017 - 10:50 AM

View PostRequiemking, on 15 June 2017 - 10:48 AM, said:

Considering new tech, Partizan's possibilities do open up quite a bit. An MRM 30 paired with some MLS and possibly an LB10X(if you can fit it) might be a nasty brawler.

LB10X? Pfft, screw that, UAC10, all the way. ;)

#10 Luminis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 1,434 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 June 2017 - 10:54 AM

XL325, 3x LPL, AC10 /w 3 tons of ammo, 4 DHS (three in the engine). You can downgrade the engine to a 300 or so to fit a Gauss or an AC20 if you want to, but I don't think I'd go out there without the 3x LPL.

#11 Requiemking

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 11:13 AM

View PostEscef, on 15 June 2017 - 10:50 AM, said:

LB10X? Pfft, screw that, UAC10, all the way. Posted Image

UAC 10 will likely split it's damage between multiple shells in a burst-fire sequence, while can be spread around. LB10X, when fired at close enough range, is effectively a slug gun.

#12 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 15 June 2017 - 11:20 AM

View PostRequiemking, on 15 June 2017 - 11:13 AM, said:

UAC 10 will likely split it's damage between multiple shells in a burst-fire sequence, while can be spread around. LB10X, when fired at close enough range, is effectively a slug gun.

Yeah, but dat double-tap.

#13 Requiemking

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 11:22 AM

View PostEscef, on 15 June 2017 - 11:20 AM, said:

Yeah, but dat double-tap.

A double tap of 20 damage split between multiple shells(4 at the minimum). Not so great from where I'm standing.

#14 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 15 June 2017 - 11:45 AM

View PostRequiemking, on 15 June 2017 - 11:22 AM, said:

A double tap of 20 damage split between multiple shells(4 at the minimum). Not so great from where I'm standing.

Better than an LB10X, IMO. LB10X is good if you have 3 or 4 of them or ludicrous cooldown quirks, but otherwise it isn't all that great. A single UAC10 has much better DPS and optimally will put more damage in a tighter space in less time.

#15 GoatHILL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 400 posts
  • LocationA dark corner

Posted 15 June 2017 - 12:08 PM

Under the arm DOA. Take 1 of the tallest mechs in game and mount its weapons at its waist.

#16 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,257 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 15 June 2017 - 12:27 PM

View PostGoatHILL, on 15 June 2017 - 12:08 PM, said:

Under the arm DOA. Take 1 of the tallest mechs in game and mount its weapons at its waist.

Could have so easily mounted it on the side.

Same with the Grasshopper. Honestly, its just weak sauce.

#17 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 15 June 2017 - 12:34 PM

I want to get a bunch together, put a Narc plus other weapons and support them with LRMs.

#18 kapusta11

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 12:50 PM

LRM20 and machine gun.

#19 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts