Blr-42Sl "sentinel" Hero

7 replies to this topic

Poll: Can we have another Battlemaster Hero? (35 member(s) have cast votes)

BLR-42SL "Sentinel" Hero Variant

1. Yes (26 votes [74.29%])

Percentage of vote: 74.29%

2. No (4 votes [11.43%])

Percentage of vote: 11.43%

3. Meh (5 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 15 June 2017 - 08:58 PM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 15 June 2017 - 08:24 PM, said:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Pilot: Yuna Cassel
Unit: 278th Division, ComStar Engineers

Spoiler

LORE:
Spoiler

So I was just playing around smurfy, and saw battlemaster and the wubmaster. I was thinking that, it would be awesome to see a ballistic battlemaster on the torso. The 6 lasers were pretty, i bet ACs would be pretty too.

Unfortunately the Civil War won't add Light ACs, so i couldn't make 6 LAC5s, likewise the addition of other weapons would make it too heavy too. Still i found a way to incorporate the LFE and ER Medium laser, and then compromised with RAC2 with a bunch of machine guns for that torso.

As for the story, I was just stoked by the Battle of Tukayyid, i thought of adding a little story for my little Yuna Cassel. It's my first try of a fiction, i think i suck at it, but i wanted to do it anyways.

On the balance side, I'm not a balancing guru, but the quirks are your average battlemaster stuff, but with a twist. As opposed of a torso-twist penalty, it comes with engine-cap penalty, because i wanted it to be a slow mech. As for the offensive quirks, i tried to retain that cumulative 70% thingy of the old battlemasters, and then redisitrbuted them. But since it's restricted to 360 engine, i do believe that it has some leeway to moar quirks.

Having 6B, i didn't put much ballistic quirks. 10% jam chance might be big, but considering other mechs that does ballistic better, and it's only localized on RAC and UACs, i don't think it would be a big deal. The rest of the quirks however, god-quirks the singular 1M so would still be somewhat useful yet not as useful as those with more hardpoints, when they're seeking on missile-centric build. Energy though is not as god-quirked considering it can still use large energy weapons around GH Limit such as 3x large laser. Steering clear from LPL, i made it so that though it has 5% energy heat, it has extra 5% if it's an ER Laser, and it also boasts the most energy range over the variants. This is because there's only 3 energy hardpoints.

While we already have the Mauler to compete with the Kodak-3, poorly, i hope that this high-mounted Battlemaster could do the trick, albeit pay-to-optimize. Also, to high mount 2 gauss rifles means it needs 2 more MG each side torso for a total of junk 1-ton for 4 LMGs.

Edited by The6thMessenger, 06 August 2017 - 12:20 AM.

#2 Alex Morgaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 09:41 PM

Tt friendly engine. I approve!

#3 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 16 June 2017 - 01:52 AM

Without a doubt, yes.

#4 FunkyT

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 139 posts
  • LocationAt the Front, overextending, with no support

Posted 19 June 2017 - 04:18 AM

Getting some Ballistic Variant for a mech otherwise known as a laserboat sounds great. Adds some variety to the chassis.

Plus, designing it as a hero mech right from the start should be profitable for PGI too. No doubt this thing would sell like hotcakes.

#5 Vidarion

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 102 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 04:22 AM

Brilliant! Whether or not we "need" the variant is irrelevant. The fact that you took the time to write a piece of fiction to go with it is all that matters. Brilliant. Completely brilliant move. I'm growing to love my Battlemasters and I love my ballistic armaments, so this fits the bill for me.

In particular, I love the justifications in the story for why this loadout was chosen. Kudos!

And a big "Yes!" from me in the poll.

#6 MagicIndex

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 77 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 01:16 AM

Good IS poker-dakker. Pack one for me.

#7 TheArisen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 February 2018 - 10:45 AM

Yes please!

#8 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 13 February 2018 - 09:02 AM

Only thing that would make it better would be LAC/s, I like it!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users