439 replies to this topic

#421 Zergling

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 2,439 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 09:34 PM

View Postmycroft000, on 22 June 2017 - 09:31 PM, said:

Leaderboards don't tell anyone that since season 3 I've had family priorities that have drastically cut back on my available time to play.

Leaderboards also don't tell anyone that I'm playing the game for fun and don't really care about my stats. Look at my season one stats in mediums if you want to see my competitive numbers.

Everyone plays for fun, or else they wouldn't be playing.

It's also irrelevant, because I wasn't attacking your stats; I was saying your stats don't support your claims of 400, 600 or 1000 damage average, and they also conflict with your claim of reduced performance after the Skill Tree was released.

#422 Mycroft000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 511 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 22 June 2017 - 09:54 PM

Actually I'll attribute the increase in match score post Skill Tree to AMS on the Nova-S. It's also been giving me a bunch of approximately 500 damage matches. But my average match score is also massively affected by the fact that I've been playing loads of other mechs to experiment, and have also taken some challenges from my unit mates to find Nova builds that I can't put out over 200 damage with.

So far the worst build I've been given is this:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...69e870e7ee21947

#423 Zergling

• The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 2,439 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 12:55 AM

View Postmycroft000, on 22 June 2017 - 09:54 PM, said:

Actually I'll attribute the increase in match score post Skill Tree to AMS on the Nova-S.

Your W/L is also higher in Season 12 than previous Season though, so all indications are that your performance has gone up.
Although to be fair, 114 battles isn't a great sample size for determining small changes in W/L.

View Postmycroft000, on 22 June 2017 - 09:54 PM, said:

It's also been giving me a bunch of approximately 500 damage matches. But my average match score is also massively affected by the fact that I've been playing loads of other mechs to experiment, and have also taken some challenges from my unit mates to find Nova builds that I can't put out over 200 damage with.

So far the worst build I've been given is this:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...69e870e7ee21947

I still find it doubtful you were managing an average of 1000 damage/battle, or even 600 damage/battle, for any significant number of battles.

The reason I found that doubtful is that none of your medium leaderboard stats in any Season, are actually 'good'.
While you have achieved Wins/Losses and Kills/Death above 1.0 a few times, at their best those stats are only in the 'slightly above average' territory, while your Kills/Battle has never reached or exceeded 1.0.

A player that is sustaining even 500 damage/battle will likely be exceeding 1.20 Kills/Battle, and a player sustaining 600 damage/battle would likely be exceeding 1.50 Kills/Battle.
A player sustaining 1000 damage/battle? They would be up around 2.50-3.00 Kills/Battle; that is a 'god tier' level player.

I don't mean to be harsh or insulting (and apologies if I come off that way), I'm just trying to say your perception of how much damage you are doing is a bit inflated above reality.

Edited by Zergling, 23 June 2017 - 12:56 AM.

#424 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 05:23 AM

View PostZarock, on 22 June 2017 - 06:08 AM, said:

Pgi, I was always the one who said "Hey, lets wait till the patch with bitching about new features/changes/whatever", always tried todefend you guys. But why did you nerf the small pulse lasers into the ground? It ruined a big part of my mechs, which I all already skilled up of course! And I see that c-small pulse lasers deserved a nerf, I could kill Assaults with my 13-spl stormcrow, well not easily, but it wasnt too hard either (depending on the enemy player, of course). But 33% Damage down?! what the hell guys?! Why do you change the Damage?! Set the cooldown higher, set the heat higher, whatever! But not the god damn Damage! Especially not by 2 points! You just released a skill tree which made a lot of players leave the game because it takes so much time to skill all mechs. And now, after most of us skilled the biggest part again, you change base-stats on weapons! are you kidding me??
My main problem with this isnt even the stormcrow getting useless, its my nova with flamers. I used it for Headshots (yes, like the B33f showed, but I actually started doing this months before his video came out). the 6 small pulse lasers now do 24 instead of 36 damage, not even close to the armor+structure of the cockpit.. Its not like going for the cockpit was too easy, if the enemy engages override, Im done, if he doesnt shoot, Im done, if hes not alone or gets help, Im done. Also I have not more than 3 seconds to shoot the cockpit, usually. Thats just enough time for aiming and firing the small pulse lasers. medium lasers take way longer to shoot. How the f am I supposed to get the 1000 headshot achievement now??

This is the first time a change you made really makes me angry, the last one was the mini map, but that mainly confused me. This time, youre starting to ruin the game for me.

Your entire objection is that you can't easy mode the 1,000 headshot achievement?

#425 Genesis23

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 227 posts
  • LocationKanton Bern, Switzerland

Posted 23 June 2017 - 05:57 AM

View PostEd Steele, on 22 June 2017 - 07:50 AM, said:

Yeah, the skill says something about a "jam bar".

makes sense, in that case the rotary would work like an gatling gun or heavy machine gun in other games: after a certain time of firing they overheat, making it impossible to shoot and then you have to wait until you can fire again. i guess with rotary they just implement a heavy jam chance once the bar is filled.

but in that case, it should be possible to let it continue to spin without firing to let it cool faster. this will not be an option tho, as it would require two buttons to do it: one to spin the barrels and one to fire. that would completely mess up the weapon grouping

#426 Steinkrieg

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 144 posts
  • LocationNOLA

Posted 23 June 2017 - 07:20 AM

View PostGenesis23, on 23 June 2017 - 05:57 AM, said:

makes sense, in that case the rotary would work like an gatling gun or heavy machine gun in other games: after a certain time of firing they overheat, making it impossible to shoot and then you have to wait until you can fire again. i guess with rotary they just implement a heavy jam chance once the bar is filled.

but in that case, it should be possible to let it continue to spin without firing to let it cool faster. this will not be an option tho, as it would require two buttons to do it: one to spin the barrels and one to fire. that would completely mess up the weapon grouping

My prediction:

It will have a charge up indicator similar to gauss rifles, and a heat up bar similar to flamers, and once that bar goes red, you start having massive jam chances. According to lore, the jam chance increases with each shot, so I could be wrong on the flamer style bar, but given the RNG on jamming in this game, PGI might have to it that way instead of increasing the jam chance after every shot in order to make the weapons usable. I can't image anyone using them if they have something over a 50% jam chance after only a few seconds of fire.

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Rotary_AC/2

#427 Desintegrator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,225 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 June 2017 - 07:37 AM

Fantastic job PGI !

You finally adjusted the power of the Clan Small Pulse Lazor !!

Great adjustment. Now we see -10% damage out of this weapon !

#428 Edward Hazen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 255 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 04:52 PM

Even with both of the UAC Jam Chance skills unlocked, UAC 5s still jam at a ridiculous rate. As a Clan Warrior I would be imploring the high command to do a full inquiry into the production of UACs to find out who in the Scientist or Labor castes are sabotaging our weapons. I still wonder why any military would put such unreliable weapons into use.

Edited by Edward Hazen, 24 June 2017 - 04:53 PM.

#429 Edward Hazen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 255 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 04:55 PM

View PostDesintegrator, on 23 June 2017 - 07:37 AM, said:

Fantastic job PGI !

It is worse than that, the heat was not reduced, so even though you fire shots faster, you do significantly less damage per shot and you overheat faster, not to mention that you need to face your enemy longer to do the same amount of damage that you did previously. This relates to my previous post, where it seems that saboteurs have infiltrated Clan weapon design / production and they need to be found and executed for the good of the Clan.

#430 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,660 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 24 June 2017 - 05:47 PM

View PostEdward Hazen, on 24 June 2017 - 04:55 PM, said:

It is worse than that, the heat was not reduced, so even though you fire shots faster, you do significantly less damage per shot and you overheat faster, not to mention that you need to face your enemy longer to do the same amount of damage that you did previously. This relates to my previous post, where it seems that saboteurs have infiltrated Clan weapon design / production and they need to be found and executed for the good of the Clan.

Which patch notes did you read? Heat was also reduced. History lesson on the cSPL. The issue is that Paul/Russ went OVERBOARD when increasing cSPL damage from 4.4dmg to 6dmg in Nov 2014. That is double the lore damage. Any other energy weapons received the same treatment?

cSPL dmg/heat

Lore: 3 dmg / 2 heat

MWO June 2014: initially 3.4 dmg / 3.4 heat
MWO July 2014: increased to 4.4 dmg / 3.4 heat
MWO Nov 2014: Increased to 6.0 dmg / 3.0 heat
MWO June 2017: Decrease to 4.0 dmg / 2.7 heat

MWO Dec 2014: Release of Community Warfare aka Faction Play

Pulse Lasers had a -2 gunnery hit modifier. Heavy Lasers had a +1 gunnery hit modifier.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 24 June 2017 - 05:49 PM.

#431 UnseenFury

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 961 posts
  • LocationСтрана Мечты (Strana Mechty)

Posted 24 June 2017 - 07:46 PM

View PostSteinkrieg, on 22 June 2017 - 06:57 PM, said:

My TBR-PRIME(I) does a 90.3 alpha strike, then you die to sustained MGUN fire before the next CD of my other weapons.

Is this your TBR-PRIME(I) build?
Steinkrieg's Super OP TBR-PRIME(I)

Why did you put all your armor to the rear side, mate?

Edited by Paran01ac, 24 June 2017 - 09:02 PM.

#432 Edward Hazen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 255 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 09:57 PM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 24 June 2017 - 05:47 PM, said:

Which patch notes did you read? Heat was also reduced. History lesson on the cSPL. The issue is that Paul/Russ went OVERBOARD when increasing cSPL damage from 4.4dmg to 6dmg in Nov 2014. That is double the lore damage. Any other energy weapons received the same treatment?

cSPL dmg/heat

Lore: 3 dmg / 2 heat

MWO June 2014: initially 3.4 dmg / 3.4 heat
MWO July 2014: increased to 4.4 dmg / 3.4 heat
MWO Nov 2014: Increased to 6.0 dmg / 3.0 heat
MWO June 2017: Decrease to 4.0 dmg / 2.7 heat

MWO Dec 2014: Release of Community Warfare aka Faction Play

Pulse Lasers had a -2 gunnery hit modifier. Heavy Lasers had a +1 gunnery hit modifier.

Regardless, there is no longer any reason to take them over the Clan ER Smalls. I have already replaced all the Small Pulses on my Hellbringer with ER Smalls and I have been doing much better.

#433 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 24 June 2017 - 10:13 PM

I thought Incursion Mode in Faction Warfare was supposed to replace Assault mode?

Because my team got Assault mode tonight on Polar Highlands...

#434 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 25 June 2017 - 12:01 AM

View PostCommander A9, on 24 June 2017 - 10:13 PM, said:

I thought Incursion Mode in Faction Warfare was supposed to replace Assault mode?

Because my team got Assault mode tonight on Polar Highlands...

No, both modes are in the game.

#435 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 08:59 AM

View PostZergling, on 23 June 2017 - 12:55 AM, said:

Your W/L is also higher in Season 12 than previous Season though, so all indications are that your performance has gone up.
Although to be fair, 114 battles isn't a great sample size for determining small changes in W/L.

People who only just TODAY played enough games to even get onto the leaderboard for the month that is nearly over, shouldn't be talking about another player's leaderboard results, or small sample sizes, when that other player has played over nine times as many matches in this month, and has higher WLR & KDR #s.

#436 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 12:41 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 26 June 2017 - 08:59 AM, said:

People who only just TODAY played enough games to even get onto the leaderboard for the month that is nearly over, shouldn't be talking about another player's leaderboard results, or small sample sizes, when that other player has played over nine times as many matches in this month, and has higher WLR & KDR #s.

Actually it was quite useful. Posted Image

#437 CGB Smarragat

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 08:24 PM

View PostDesintegrator, on 23 June 2017 - 07:37 AM, said:

Fantastic job PGI !

Yep. But clan is OP. PGI. Nerf SPL more hard. Do so that they HEAL all IS mechs by 2hp per shoot.

#438 DerHenker

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 57 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 08:16 AM

realy nice patch

but....

FIX THE MF LOADING TIMES

thx

#439 Fox the Apprentice

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 08:39 AM

I'm having no load time problems :)

#440 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 19 July 2017 - 10:05 AM

View Postshopsmart, on 17 June 2017 - 04:26 AM, said:

I looked on the battletech weapons charts to see how close the weapons might be to lore. Been awhile. Way to long for me in fact that I never realized how off some of the weapons in the game were and I thought they were close.

The c-ER Med L. I can understand why they increased the burn time. The skill tree made it so they were way improved. Enough that I noticed.
The c-Sm P L. Was overbloated for damage lore wise. Expect the heavy laser to be the damage maker. There is your balance pass. But might have been harsh. One month from now or a PTS soon we can come to a conclusion.

The only thing I was worrying about is energy weapon synergy with other weapons on timing of refresh, burn time, etc. Slightly erked, so some builds will be getting tuned.
the weapons have been waaay off for years i even made a heat chart with IS weapons compared to Clan energy weapons (including Micro and heavy lasers) send me a message if you want to see it

Edited by KursedVixen, 19 July 2017 - 10:05 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users