4 replies to this topic

#1 Star Hustler

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 29 posts
  • LocationTharkad

Posted 20 June 2017 - 07:24 PM

I get PGI is just trying to balance the game but they literally nerfed a weapon that didn't even need it. The current meta is lrms at the moment not small pulses. The nerf to the clan small pulses is what really disturbs me as they now do less damage than the small laser. What possessed PGI to do such a dumb thing? Who knows, I'll I want is for the damage to at least be put to 5 rather than 4 or give it some serious buff unlike the poor excuse for buffs it got in compensation for this damage nerf. What sparked me to make this post is my favorite mech the Arctic Cheetah is now worthless as the only good build for it was the six clan small pulses. I've spent countless hours and over 1000 games in this mech always having a good time but now it just sucks and I'm pissed. It was doing a good 36 damage per alpha which was balanced by the fact that it has poor heat management. Now it only has 24 damage and the heat management is still bad. This mech went from being the king of lights to being mediocre if that. The small pulse laser already suffered from a very short striking distance. Saying that the weapon is still good for dps is bull as a light's job is to get in and get out. I tried playing with this new adjustment of dpsing and would either overheat before I could do damage or I would simply get taken out because I was lingering for too long. The only thing that keeps me and so many others playing this game is the love for battletech and the old mechwarrior games. If mechwarrior online had a better dev team than mabye it would actually be the most played online mech sim but currently Hawken has more users. HAWKEN! jeeze I wonder why? Maybe it's because Adhesive Games actually listens to their player base. But I digress. All I simply wish is for things to return to normal with the small pulses. But knowing PGI this post won't even be seen or it will simply be glanced over. Oh well. Hope mechwarrior 5 isn't a complete flop. Hopefully, the dev team for that is actually competent.

#2 Kaptain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,284 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 20 June 2017 - 09:25 PM

I for one welcome this change. See my sig.

Arctic Cheaters running around doing 54 damage alphas was ridiculous
cSPLs doing Double the damage from Table Top was ridiculous
A light mech that could fight face to face against a heavy and win? ridiculous

You still get more damage (and range?) than the IS part. The clan SPL cool-down, duration and heat all got buffed.

Edited by Kaptain, 20 June 2017 - 09:25 PM.

#3 AlphaThis

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 08:42 AM

Why did the C Small Pulse get a nerf? Well it is objectively better in every way than the IS variant, so what about anecdotal evidence? Let's see what my Nova thinks about that by briefly scraping my screenshot folder. Note that these are the standard 12v12 matches. Bummer for my nova, but I agree with the change.
Posted Image

#4 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,741 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 25 June 2017 - 10:31 AM

Because it was extremely buffed by Russ/Paul to start with, double the damage of base BT values. Did not see PGI get even close to doing that with IS energy weapons. I would also say there are plenty of other threads about this, unfortunately MWO search engine is frak, displaying the oldest thread first.

cSPL dmg/heat

Lore: 3 dmg / 2 heat

MWO June 2014: initially 3.4 dmg / 3.4 heat
MWO July 2014: increased to 4.4 dmg / 3.4 heat
MWO Nov 2014: Increased to 6.0 dmg / 3.0 heat
MWO June 2017: Decrease to 4.0 dmg / 2.7 heat

MWO Dec 2014: Release of Community Warfare aka Faction Play

Pulse Lasers had a -2 gunnery hit modifier. Heavy Lasers had a +1 gunnery hit modifier.

#5 Star Hustler

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 29 posts
  • LocationTharkad

Posted 11 July 2017 - 08:52 PM

I thank you gents for the insight and realize what a little uneducated brat I was being. Good day.

Edited by Star Hustler, 11 July 2017 - 09:01 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users