#21 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 22 June 2017 - 01:29 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 21 June 2017 - 03:51 PM, said:

My cat can play an LRM boat so what is your point?

Posted Image

#22 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,882 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 22 June 2017 - 03:57 AM

View PostJC Daxion, on 22 June 2017 - 01:22 AM, said:

I have to ask, what games they actually like.. Group think is so strong in kids today it's not even funny.

The girl prefers fantasy games. She tried Lord of the Rings online but is now into D&D.
My oider son prefers World of Tanks, and while he won't admit it I catch him playing Tanki Online (I think he thinks its for little kids and is embarrassed). He also is trying Warthunder but doesn't seem to like it as much as WOT.
They may both be playing other games for all I know, but I KNOW they have spent fairly significant $ on WOT and D&D and LOTR.

#23 JC Daxion

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 04:46 AM

I hear LoTR is decent, turbine makes a good game. DDO is a lot of fun but you really need a small group of friends to play it. The loot grinding pugs are so tiresome. Interesting that is her go to when she said this ST is a mess when compared to DDO.. That game is such a min/maxer, so many ways to game the system as well. level to X, dual class, take X skills, level more. Gear grinding is bad if you wan't to play end game stuff. It's like WoW in that sense.

I've tried to get a small group of regulars a few times for that game, play like once a week or every other for a game night, but people find it kinda complicated and bail. Nice to know it is still running though. The quests are fun, and the paid content is darn good a least. :) Not to expensive either if you work the sales. It's really a pretty fantastic game for a small group that likes to RP, Horrible game for solo though.

#24 Wyald Katt

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 165 posts
  • LocationHell (aka Florida)

Posted 22 June 2017 - 04:49 AM

Let's see what that kid can do with some clan small pulse lasers!

#25 Bigbacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 05:26 AM

just cause one can use it doesn't mean one can use it well and/or that it doesn't totally suck.....

#26 Ruar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 05:28 AM

View PostProsperity Park, on 21 June 2017 - 03:42 PM, said:

My 7 year old son knows how to use the skill tree, and leveled up Mechs with me last night.

The skill tree is so convoluted, bloated, confusing, and nonsensical that a 7 year old can use it. I think that had to be said.

The ability to click on the different nodes does not have any relevance to whether or not the design is convoluted, bloated, confusing and nonsensical. I'll even agree that a 7yr old can come up with reasonable choices and select nodes that match an overall build.

Just because something can be done doesn't mean it is fun to do, simple to use, or makes sense.

The skill tree is poorly designed. The ST doesn't meet the desired goals we were told it was supposed to meet and it isn't fun to use based on the majority of the forum posts about the ST. I would even be willing to say it has driven people away from the game but I don't have enough data to support that theory yet.

This doesn't mean they should just scrap the ST though. It means they should have listened to the mountain of player feedback saying the ST needed to be simplified and made better to use. They still have time to fix this problem with the release of the new tech. Many players will be coming back to the game to try the biggest update since the Clan invasion. Having a friendlier ST that is easier to use and actually fun for the new tech would help tremendously.

Sadly I don't think it's going to happen. For some reason PGI is just attached to their poorly designed ST and I think they won't make changes until the player numbers drop too low for rescue. When they do make a change it won't be enough to bring people back.

Edited by Ruar, 22 June 2017 - 05:29 AM.

#27 Wiley Coyote

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 05:35 AM

At first I was like this with the introduction of the skill tree
Posted Image

Then I was like this
Posted Image

Now I'm like this
Posted Image

#28 Admiral-Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 578 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 05:51 AM

View PostProsperity Park, on 21 June 2017 - 03:42 PM, said:

My 7 year old son knows how to use the skill tree, and leveled up Mechs with me last night.

So instead of doing the thousands tedious and boring clicks yourself you used your son to do it for you? Posted Image

#29 Admiral-Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 578 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 05:54 AM

View PostWiley Coyote, on 22 June 2017 - 05:35 AM, said:

Now I'm like this
Posted Image

After 200 Mechs you are like this
Posted Image

#30 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,882 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 22 June 2017 - 06:12 AM

Would a save branch/tree and apply saved/branch tree, type of functionality really be that hard to institute?
Or even auto-filling in a branch from the bottom up?

Regardless of how one feels about the relative value and arrangements of nodes, either of those functionalities would cancel out a lot of the tedium.

#31 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 25 June 2017 - 04:32 AM

View PostAlphaEtOmega, on 22 June 2017 - 05:54 AM, said:

After 200 Mechs you are like this
Posted Image

why would anyone try to level 200 Mechs in one go? that seems somewhat unwise.

Many of the complaints are "it will take 12 hours to skill all my Mechs", from people who do not realise they can do a few Mechs at a time, at 2-5 minutes per Mech skilling them up is not painfull, I have done about 40 Mechs so far usualy as I want to use them and am having no problem with the process.

add in the fact that I use much less than my 200odd Mechs, I am probably about half way through skilling the Mechs I am likely to use again (and I am likely to sell off 80-100 Mechs in a few weeks to fund LFEs, because I like having a dedicated engine for each Mech)

#32 Mighty Spike

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,589 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 25 June 2017 - 12:02 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 21 June 2017 - 03:51 PM, said:

My cat can play an LRM boat so what is your point?

This post deserves more then a simpel like (thx made my day Posted Image )

Posted Image

#33 Mechwarrior4670152

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 08:59 AM

View PostRogue Jedi, on 25 June 2017 - 04:32 AM, said:

why would anyone try to level 200 Mechs in one go? that seems somewhat unwise.

Because otherwise they have nothing really to b*tch and whine about.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users