Hot-Fix Scheduled For 22-Jun-2017

41 replies to this topic

#21 MegaBopper

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 90 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 05:55 PM

Hello PGI,

If you have already released the hot-fix there is one issue that needs to be fixed forthwith, i.e., would you be so kind as to update your post to provide the URL information for the hot-fix download files? I would really appreciate the effort.

Thanks in advance,

Megabopper

#22 BlueWizi

• Pip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 06:01 PM

View PostPraetorGix, on 22 June 2017 - 03:41 PM, said:

Look at all those likes from IS players... you must be feeling so hot right now... I have feedback from you after testing them. I have a 6 cspl cheetah that does on average 150 to 200 damage less per match from 450-500 total damage to 300. And I'm a tier 3 potato (hence the small damage results) but there's no way I'm suddenly a worse pilot and that an alpha that does 12 damage less at almost the same heat makes no difference at all in my performance. Cataclysmic or not, 30% less damage, 1 effing third less damage is a stupidly big difference.

Did you even look at the stats that were posted for the different energy weapons? Clan SPLs were WAY over performing and were insanely more powerful than all the other energy weapons. Now they're much more in line with the Clan ER small and the other pulses in terms of scaling for DPS, DPH, and so forth.

All the clanners are just complaining because their OP toys got nerfed a little.

View PostZodie, on 22 June 2017 - 01:30 PM, said:

like this

Does anyone have a screen shot of what the skill nodes said pertaining to RACs?

#23 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 06:06 PM

Since Hot Fix, running into matches on NA server with rubberbanding and varying ping bouncing all over.
Just had the worst, Frozen Incursion. Literally saw Mechs standing still while walking then magically move up to a whole grid square away.
One point, I bounced between 3 grid squares.
It was a miracle we won, we started losing.
Had to quit MWO to get Omnicron with that match in the last spot.
Not seen on EU or OC servers and I live on East Coast USA.

#24 Commander A9

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 22 June 2017 - 07:14 PM

You broke something.

Rampant lag, stuttering servers, dropdeck bug.

Nice timing with this competition going on-NO IT'S NOT MY ISP!

#25 MegaBopper

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 90 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 07:23 PM

Evidently there is an additional problem with the hot-fix. At this point PGI should freeze the event as of 4pm pdt on 6/22/2017, fix their problems, post the links to the patch files and provide sufficient time for the fixes to be adequately applied and regression tested before expecting their customers to lose additional event time. The current situation is highly objectionable. Please be so kind as to provide better customer service than this.

#26 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 22 June 2017 - 07:26 PM

They won't.

It's OBVIOUSLY our internet service providers.

Obviously.

#27 tee5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 10:25 PM

View PostCommander A9, on 22 June 2017 - 07:26 PM, said:

They won't.

It's OBVIOUSLY our internet service providers.

Obviously.

PGI checked their servers, it's not them.
So it MUST be our ISP's.
How dare you, to tell it's their fault.

If you find portions of irony or sarcasm in my post, it is intended.

#28 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 22 June 2017 - 11:06 PM

Another HotFix Patch, but while I'm sleeping? Oh great. I really needed the Browser-linked Manual Download Files, as well. I guess I'm going to have to find them, and then post links for anyone who has been left hanging. -_-

~Mr. D. V. "Up to me again? Damnit!!!" Devnull

#29 SPNKRGrenth

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 184 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 01:14 AM

The nerfed cspls damage is fine. They just need to drop the heat generated from 2.7 to 2.5 so they have proper heat scaling in line with all the other lasers for both sides, and maybe reduce/remove ghost heat on them. That's it. Fun as they were, I'll be the first to say that clan small pulse lasers were OP as heck before. Where they are now, people will actually have a reason to use clan heavy small lasers when they come out.

No but seriously, they run too hot for their DPS output now, they need to run slightly cooler than they currently do. Because as it is right now, clan medium pulses are actually better per ton for DPH, when every other laser has better DPH with smalls than mediums. It's not that cspls are bad now, they're where they should be for DPS. It's that they run too hot for their damage output. Running 3-4 cmpls is only better than running 6 cspls, when the small pulses should be a touch more heat efficient per damage done because of their close range.

#30 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 23 June 2017 - 02:31 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 22 June 2017 - 11:06 PM, said:

Another HotFix Patch, but while I'm sleeping? Oh great. I really needed the Browser-linked Manual Download Files, as well. I guess I'm going to have to find them, and then post links for anyone who has been left hanging. Posted Image

~Mr. D. V. "Up to me again? Damnit!!!" Devnull

Okay, just catching up with myself now... Had some Real Life issues to deal with... -_-

Anyway... that link...

-->> http://patcher.mwomercs.com/patch/Production/frontend/FrontendPatch_304.zip

...and enjoy! :)

~Mr. D. V. "There ya be!" Devnull

#31 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 02:50 AM

View PostMegaBopper, on 22 June 2017 - 07:23 PM, said:

Evidently there is an additional problem with the hot-fix. At this point PGI should freeze the event as of 4pm pdt on 6/22/2017, fix their problems, post the links to the patch files and provide sufficient time for the fixes to be adequately applied and regression tested before expecting their customers to lose additional event time. The current situation is highly objectionable. Please be so kind as to provide better customer service than this.

You couldn't manage it in 3 days aka 72 hrs? Not sure what 1 hr will do for you then.

#32 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 23 June 2017 - 03:31 AM

View PostAramuside, on 23 June 2017 - 02:50 AM, said:

You couldn't manage it in 3 days aka 72 hrs? Not sure what 1 hr will do for you then.

eh, there is always someone that ends up working on it up to the last minute whether due to RL issues or something. I can see how it could be annoying if you really planned on finishing in the 48th hour.

#33 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 06:51 AM

A comparison of tracerts from May 4 and June 22 shows on June 22 I lost connection at 2 hops in Canada. Almost every hop except one near me are the same.

#34 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 23 June 2017 - 06:58 AM

View PostWildstreak, on 23 June 2017 - 06:51 AM, said:

A comparison of tracerts from May 4 and June 22 shows on June 22 I lost connection at 2 hops in Canada. Almost every hop except one near me are the same.

I should have paid more attention in my network classes... does that mean the problem could be somewhere in Canada, but not at the PGI endpoint?

#35 Desintegrator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,225 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 June 2017 - 07:39 AM

We all know this was coming !

#36 Swearwolf

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 08:51 AM

View PostBlueWizi, on 22 June 2017 - 06:01 PM, said:

All the clanners are just complaining because their OP toys got nerfed a little.

Please, don't engage in overgeneralization to retaliate against someone who did likewise. There are many of us who are taking the changes in stride and are rolling with the punches. The only consistent complaint that I've had is that if they're going to introduce weight restrictions in faction play, let us fight as Binaries for Invasion and Stars for Scouting.

#37 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 05:56 AM

View PostMovinTarget, on 23 June 2017 - 06:58 AM, said:

I should have paid more attention in my network classes... does that mean the problem could be somewhere in Canada, but not at the PGI endpoint?

Possibly.
I did get a response that did not involve my ISP.
Was told to make a regedit change to one item, restart, do another tracert and ping testing and see what happens.
Still getting those problems at hops 12 and 13 though little rubberbanding now though it happened a few times still.
Not heard anything from PGI about those Canada hops.

#38 ShooteyMcShooterson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 290 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 01:14 PM

I keep having persistent issues with losing mic in matches, and the only remedy being to exit the game and reboot. I imagine the game redetects the mic or something? I check and Windows doesn't lose track of the mic, and the mic will continue to work for other programs, only the game loses it.

Sometimes I enter a match and it already doesn't work. Other times it happens during a match, almost always during a time of high load, like a brawl on a city map.

Edited by ShooteyMcShooterson, 25 June 2017 - 01:14 PM.

#39 ShooteyMcShooterson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 290 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 01:42 PM

...Also, now since latest patch (or hotfix?), when a mech loses a component, they are making an exploding sound like when a base is blown up on incursion. Not sure if it's intentional, but it's cool they make a special sound, except that it sounds like a concrete building blowing up, not so much a metal arm or leg exploding and falling off.

#40 AnHell86

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 106 posts
  • LocationTaiwan

Posted 26 June 2017 - 12:29 AM

The hot-fix still din't solve the chat - I still have to Click Twice to correctly see the messages.

Also, the floating chat is not good enough. Please separate icons for each chat; IS Chat, Unit Chat, etc.

o7

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users