9 replies to this topic

#1 Anatidaephobia

• PipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 57 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 08:12 AM

Hello,

Every single time I get this map on Domination mode, I get the spawn in the 10-line area; not only is the distance to walk somewhat longer, the area itself promotes cowardice and gets half or more of the team hiding in the G8-F8 area in cover; this results in anyone trying to actually defend or stall the objective to die alone, and then the opposing team wins due to capping the Domination point.

Some examples here : http://imgur.com/a/clkPa

Please move the domination point elsewhere as I'm sick and tired of playing on this side of the map; it's frustrating to almost immediately realise you've lost the moment you die and see the countdown begin.

And while we're talking about Domination points; move Frozen City, Crimson Straight and Alpine peaks as well, thank you.

Edited by Anatidaephobia, 26 June 2017 - 09:54 AM.

#2 scadateck

• PipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 55 posts
  • LocationIn the NOC

Posted 10 July 2017 - 10:18 AM

Add my vote for revising domination point on Grim Plexus. I routinely see and have come to expect the cowardice OP mentions. On my last encounter with Plexus Domination, my ACH and another brave soul's PXH were the only two mechs who made an attempt to hold the circle. We died, the team lost on timeout, ok, but what gets me is that they didn't even attempt to take the circle. This is pure KDR-saving non-participation, although to be honest this mode sucks so bad on Plexus that I can halfway understand it.

IMHO Plexus Domination point location is so bad it's causing CoC violations.

Edited by scadateck, 10 July 2017 - 06:40 PM.

#3 Ramseti

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 130 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:40 PM

As much as I hate to say it, I'm glad I'm not the only one. I've died so many times trying to stop the enemy's cap while my teammates do whatever they can to avoid the magic yellow area of doom. By far my most hated map/game combo, which means I get it almost way more than any other combination.

#4 John McHobo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 11:44 AM

The team spawning on the 10 line in domination mode is at a disadvantage.
After spawning in they have to walk around a large landmark (some mountain) and as they approach via the base area, which is the shortest route, the enemy team has already set up shop on the opposing ridge, which offers better cover and higher ground.
Moving onto the base plateau itself draws a lot of fire, cover inside the circle is limited to 2 narrow buildings with the player going there to stop the circle usually being overrun by an enemy with all the firing lanes and all the cover they could want.

The current placement is very unfair.
Almost all maps are in my opinion not optimized for domination or incursion. Just placing new objectives on old maps without finetuning the geography does not work out.
Exceptions are Polar and HPG, and those are almost symmetrical.

#5 Extra Guac

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 201 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 03:47 PM

You're 100% right. Grim Plexus on domination mode is broken - Team 2 has a huge advantage.

I think the issue is that Team 1 has a longer path to the circle, because all 3 of their spawn points are located behind mountains which they need to walk around. Team 2 can reach the center of the circle & set up a firing line towards F7 and G7, before Team 1 can even reach the edge of the circle.

#6 Dewodahs

• PipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 23 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 24 October 2017 - 06:01 PM

I agree that the circle for Domination mode on Grim needs moved. One side has a lot of cover, the other does not. If you get a drop like I had earlier where there were few lights.. well we ended up on the side without cover and there was very little we could do. They need to either move the circle or add some cover to the other side of the circle to balance it out.

#7 PFC Carsten

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 25 October 2017 - 01:11 AM

Just turn the two buildings by 90° so that they provide cover only with their smaller side. Problem solved.

That said, Grim Plexus' Domination may not seem 100% evenly balanced, but it has valid strats for both sides to pull off a victory.

#8 The Blood God

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 233 posts
  • Locationchester england

Posted 20 January 2018 - 03:22 PM

im with you if you're coming from team 1 side the only cover you have is the 2 buildings just in the circle and its easy to get ganked there, it is very easy for team 2 to hold position in cover with good firing lanes on most of the circle from the F6 hill and the trenches in F6 and G6 where as team 1 have to all push and expose together with the unison of a well oiled team to stand any chance and it's so rare,

c'mon pgi the circle only needs moving just a little so the buildings at the top of the F7 hill are inside it then both teams can afford to play the trading game

View PostPFC Carsten, on 25 October 2017 - 01:11 AM, said:

Just turn the two buildings by 90° so that they provide cover only with their smaller side. Problem solved.

That said, Grim Plexus' Domination may not seem 100% evenly balanced, but it has valid strats for both sides to pull off a victory.

turning a square building 90 degrees does what exactly?

#9 Spare Parts Bin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 1,743 posts
  • LocationSearching alternate universes via temporal wormhole generator.

Posted 03 February 2018 - 07:28 PM

This mode on this map is a blood bath, it is as bad as Conquest used to be on Alpine Peaks.

#10 PFC Carsten

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 04 February 2018 - 01:04 AM

View PostThe Blood God, on 20 January 2018 - 03:22 PM, said:

turning a square building 90 degrees does what exactly?

Nothing of course. But why do you ask? Those buildings don't have a square footprint. But revisiting them from a bird's eye perspective revealed, that you only need to turn one of the buildings by 90°. The other one is already facing the enemy approach vector with it's smaller side.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users