4 replies to this topic

#1 Agent1190

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 469 posts
  • LocationU.S.A.

Posted 28 June 2017 - 12:34 PM

All weapons tested in Testing Grounds on Caustic Valley.

1. LOVE the sound effects for the new weapons. The Light PPC sounds very sci-fi.

2. RAC2 and RAC5 - was able to throw 30+ rounds downfield before jamming (unskilled). It's definitely NOT 2 damage or 5 damage per shell, so it could be a non-factor. Approx .75 second spin: up feels right to me.

3. Rocket Launchers - do they even damage? Threw 2 RL20s on a Lolcust - barely scratched the Awesome's back in Testing Grounds.

4. ATMs - 3 damage per missile - doesn't feel like it, even at minimum range. Spread is ridiculous. I do think it should be tightened up. I saw missiles missing the target at 250m. These are GUIDED MISSILES - they shouldn't miss a stationary target. Also, I was not registering damage when dumb-firing them. Why is there a minimum range? What's with the damage drop off? Right now, they aren't worth the tonnage. Needs to be 0-270 = 3 damage, 270-540 = 2 damage, 540-1080 = 1 damage. Make them HIT THE TARGET. Sure, running targets are going to evade some of them, but stationary targets should take the full brunt of the attack every time. Give them some speed, make their turn radius a little larger to compensate.

5. UAC20's - 3 shell burst. Feels right to me.

6. ER-Micro Lasers and Micro Pulse Lasers - I was expecting a color other than magenta here...

7. Heavy Lasers - long cool down - very hot, especially the Heavy Large Lasers. We'll see how they perform in combat when more peeps get on.

8. Heavy Gauss - Love the recoil shake, though it didn't effect my ER Medium Lasers (unlike jump jet shake, which throws everything all over the place). I'll try again with a longer duration weapon to see if it's more noticeable.

9. MRMs - The stream fire on the MRM 20 felt pretty good. Looks like it's 2 missiles at a time, and it's pretty fast. Spread is a little more extreme than the SRMs, even skilled. No Artemis on MRMs. Too many slots and tons to boat these too, so I don't see these being a game changing weapon.

10. Ghost heat changes to 4 (instead of 6) as soon as you try and mix regular mediums and heavy mediums... not a fan of this. Heavy Lasers are hot already - it's not going to break the game if you can fire 6 ER medium lasers and 4 Heavy Medium lasers at the same time - normal heat will kill you. Keep the Heavy Lasers at 4, but at least make it 6 when you combo heavy/regular lasers.

My first mech with new tech was a Misery. STD300 Engine, Light Ferro, 12 total heat sinks, H-Gauss, 2x Light PPC, ER-Med Laser, MRM20, 2 tons MRM ammo, 4.5 tons H-Gauss ammo. Runs cool for DAYS on Caustic.

Edited by Agent1190, 28 June 2017 - 01:02 PM.

#2 Stf Sgt Marblez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 380 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the battlefield, trying to make a difference.

Posted 28 June 2017 - 01:00 PM

Kinda got excited reading that. I'm still waiting on the portal to patch it in so I can try out the new stuffs. Question- Have you tried out the laser AMS yet? If so how bad is the heat on it?

#3 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,254 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 28 June 2017 - 01:04 PM

Ghost heat for heavy mediums is 4??????

Man.. what the hell.

#4 Mad Porthos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 486 posts
  • LocationChicago, Illinois

Posted 28 June 2017 - 01:12 PM

Seems like they made a conceptual error when putting out the UACs as regards the ammo. When they made clan uac into burst weapons, using multiple slugs they remembered to make the new ammo type such that if an uac 20 was 4 slugs doing 5 damage each, on a single shot, to do 20 damage it would need to have 4x ammo. It still runs dry quick if you double tap, but the uac ammo needs its counts adjusted appropriately for IS if they are abandoning the IS big bore difference.

IF as an earlier poster said, IS uac20 is now 3 physical rounds on a shot each doing 6.6666666667 damage, but still only 7 rounds a ton it should become 21 ROUNDS a ton and adjust appropriately with the magazine capacity skill as well.

Edited by Mad Porthos, 28 June 2017 - 01:18 PM.

#5 Agent1190

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 469 posts
  • LocationU.S.A.

Posted 28 June 2017 - 02:29 PM

View PostMad Porthos, on 28 June 2017 - 01:12 PM, said:

Seems like they made a conceptual error when putting out the UACs as regards the ammo. When they made clan uac into burst weapons, using multiple slugs they remembered to make the new ammo type such that if an uac 20 was 4 slugs doing 5 damage each, on a single shot, to do 20 damage it would need to have 4x ammo. It still runs dry quick if you double tap, but the uac ammo needs its counts adjusted appropriately for IS if they are abandoning the IS big bore difference.

IF as an earlier poster said, IS uac20 is now 3 physical rounds on a shot each doing 6.6666666667 damage, but still only 7 rounds a ton it should become 21 ROUNDS a ton and adjust appropriately with the magazine capacity skill as well.

I noticed it too, and when I read the PTS notes I expected it to be single-shot because it lists "7" and not "21."

Haven't done Laser AMS - couldn't get a quick play match. All my testing so far has been in testing grounds. I am sure some of my opinions will change based on actual combat.

One thing I have discovered - the Heavy lasers are crit-eaters. Multiple crits, same tonnage. Really some of the crit-starved Omnimechs.

Edited by Agent1190, 28 June 2017 - 02:31 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users