K9 Should Have Rac2 Stock Loadout

7 replies to this topic

#1 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,104 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 28 June 2017 - 04:19 PM

As the title says, to celebrate the RAC, the K9 should have the UAC5 replaced with an RAC2, with 2 tons of ammo.

#2 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 28 June 2017 - 04:34 PM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 28 June 2017 - 04:19 PM, said:

As the title says, to celebrate the RAC, the K9 should have the UAC5 replaced with an RAC2, with 2 tons of ammo.

don't forget the 5 ER Small Lasers.

#3 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,104 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 28 June 2017 - 04:46 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 28 June 2017 - 04:34 PM, said:

don't forget the 5 ER Small Lasers.

Maybe i guess. But didn't you have a large laser on your original draft? I kind of remember the large laser being there to prevent over-penetration.

Also a water cannon.

#4 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 04:48 PM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 28 June 2017 - 04:46 PM, said:

Maybe i guess. But didn't you have a large laser on your original draft? I kind of remember the large laser being there to prevent over-penetration.

Also a water cannon.

wasn't a RAC on that draft. Just a machine gun, and an SRM2.

#5 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,104 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 04:49 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 28 June 2017 - 04:48 PM, said:

wasn't a RAC on that draft. Just a machine gun, and an SRM2.

Yeah well, maybe we can just opt to replace the two SL on the CT with ERSL? IDK, that's seems sensible, SLs were for backup anyways and the K9 seems to be going for two primary weapons.

Or what about just 1 LL + 4x ERSL, RAC2 with 1 ton of ammo, but that seems to be too low for ammo -- then again urbies does have ammo issues per the lore.

Edited by The6thMessenger, 28 June 2017 - 04:53 PM.

#6 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 05:05 PM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 28 June 2017 - 04:49 PM, said:

Yeah well, maybe we can just opt to replace the two SL on the CT with ERSL? IDK, that's seems sensible, SLs were for backup anyways and the K9 seems to be going for two primary weapons.

Or what about just 1 LL + 4x ERSL, RAC2 with 1 ton of ammo, but that seems to be too low for ammo -- then again urbies does have ammo issues per the lore.

Urbies are also designed for CQB and anti vehicle/emplacement/infantry. ERSLs work very very well for that. Especially with the 200+ m range they have in MWO. An ERLL never made sense on the K9, as having a 32 kph top speed pretty well ruled out open field deployment.

The LL on the original was to fill the same basic role as the AC10, but without the weight, aka Armor/Mech busting. All the other items were primarily geared to antipersonnel, anti-riot, etc.

Jihad era designs got a lot meaner as dealing with WOBby Cyborgs became the order of the day. For that, the 5x ERSL and RAC2 makes a perfect fit. Not that I'd know... I only invented the thing. ;)

#7 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,104 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 05:10 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 28 June 2017 - 05:05 PM, said:

Urbies are also designed for CQB and anti vehicle/emplacement/infantry. ERSLs work very very well for that. Especially with the 200+ m range they have in MWO. An ERLL never made sense on the K9, as having a 32 kph top speed pretty well ruled out open field deployment.

The LL on the original was to fill the same basic role as the AC10, but without the weight, aka Armor/Mech busting. All the other items were primarily geared to antipersonnel, anti-riot, etc.

Jihad era designs got a lot meaner as dealing with WOBby Cyborgs became the order of the day. For that, the 5x ERSL and RAC2 makes a perfect fit. Not that I'd know... I only invented the thing. Posted Image

Stock K9 didn't come with ER LL, just LL.

5 ERSLs is just 2.5t though, you could still probably up the ballistics to RAC5. But like i suggested maybe just RAC2 + LL + 4x ERSL. Still gets CQB Anti-vehicle and anti personel with 4x ERSL, but has the two-primaries anti-mech busting weapons as the spirit of the current K9.

#8 stealthraccoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,497 posts
  • Locationnestled in a burlap sack, down in the root cellar

Posted 28 June 2017 - 07:11 PM

Wasn't there a STD120 from a scrapped Wasp in there?

But yes, totally down for RAC2

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users