Stealth Armor + Rocket Launcher = Broken Game

97 replies to this topic

#21 MechWarrior5152251

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 06:51 PM

This sounds like the paranoid delusions of the Six Machine Gun Spider....

#22 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 28 June 2017 - 07:04 PM

Its not going to be that big of a deal. People freak out to much.You can oneshot mechs now with a dire start and almost no one does it.

#23 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 28 June 2017 - 07:05 PM

View PostTheArisen, on 28 June 2017 - 06:47 PM, said:

It'd be interesting to see how few RLs you need to be gank people. 4 MLs + some RLs?

If you get to Diddle distance, calc rear structure and add 5 armor

#24 DAYLEET

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 28 June 2017 - 07:05 PM

now every light can be a wanabe oxide. As if oxide werent lousy enough like that, now 8 players per game will be one hit wonder that can erase any mech in one hit.

I really dont think stealth armor makes the situation worse than it already is(will be).

#25 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 28 June 2017 - 07:08 PM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 28 June 2017 - 07:04 PM, said:

Its not going to be that big of a deal. People freak out to much.You can oneshot mechs now with a dire start and almost no one does it.

The Direstar requires you to use a very specific mech that is huge and slow, with practically no armor. It does have the advantage of range though.

Rocket Launchers make this ability more accessible to a wider variety of mechs.

#26 stealthraccoon

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,497 posts
  • Locationnestled in a burlap sack, down in the root cellar

Posted 28 June 2017 - 07:13 PM

Don't hate on Capellan perfection - sneaking up on a fatlas and blowing smoking rockets up their wazoo sounds like a good time.

#27 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 28 June 2017 - 07:20 PM

View PostFupDup, on 28 June 2017 - 07:08 PM, said:

The Direstar requires you to use a very specific mech that is huge and slow, with practically no armor. It does have the advantage of range though.

Rocket Launchers make this ability more accessible to a wider variety of mechs.

Doesnt matter how many mechs people are not going to wait 5 minutes to oneshot a mech then do nothing all game.

People are freaking out like this is anything new. Group Q this is normal for my unit all it takes it 2 lights working as a team with lasers. on ts you say" Wait...... fire now" bang dead.

I been fighting 1v1 for the last few hours. I havn't found the rockets to be that big of a deal. I see the use for them but its not game breaking.

Edited by Monkey Lover, 28 June 2017 - 07:20 PM.

#28 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,876 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 28 June 2017 - 07:20 PM

View PostMetus regem, on 28 June 2017 - 06:13 PM, said:

Personally I'm looking forward to using a RL80 Locust to ruin someone's day....

Bah. Archer with two MRM30, six RL20, and one RL15. 195 missile alpha for 296 damage.

#29 Alex Morgaine

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 07:22 PM

View PostFupDup, on 28 June 2017 - 06:10 PM, said:

Fun fact: The RL120 Javelin has an alpha strike of 210 damage.

I told you guys not to add Rocket Launchers. You should've listened. You could have prevented this...

Oh god it's bishop's gulag/last resort urbie

#30 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 28 June 2017 - 07:23 PM

View PostScrapIron Prime, on 28 June 2017 - 07:20 PM, said:

Bah. Archer with two MRM30, six RL20, and one RL15. 195 missile alpha for 296 damage.

I did this one was good i almost killed the warhammer 1v1 but it still won with its dual uac10

#31 razenWing

• The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 07:26 PM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 28 June 2017 - 07:20 PM, said:

Doesnt matter how many mechs people are not going to wait 5 minutes to oneshot a mech then do nothing all game.

People are freaking out like this is anything new. Group Q this is normal for my unit all it takes it 2 lights working as a team with lasers. on ts you say" Wait...... fire now" bang dead.

I been fighting 1v1 for the last few hours. I havn't found the rockets to be that big of a deal. I see the use for them but its not game breaking.

So, the counter is for people to get bored...

Also, 6 MG spider is not erasing mechs from the map. This is entirely different.

And I don't know if you drop Solo exclusive, but some of us actually buy into PGI's pseudo comp play.

#32 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,876 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 28 June 2017 - 07:30 PM

View PostDAYLEET, on 28 June 2017 - 07:05 PM, said:

now every light can be a wanabe oxide. As if oxide werent lousy enough like that, now 8 players per game will be one hit wonder that can erase any mech in one hit.

I really dont think stealth armor makes the situation worse than it already is(will be).

I'm more worried about everyone's drop deck including one light festooned with Rocket Launchers so Generators and orbital guns can be taken down in a single salvo. Must test.

#33 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 28 June 2017 - 07:43 PM

View PostrazenWing, on 28 June 2017 - 07:26 PM, said:

So, the counter is for people to get bored...

Also, 6 MG spider is not erasing mechs from the map. This is entirely different.

And I don't know if you drop Solo exclusive, but some of us actually buy into PGI's pseudo comp play.

No the counter is to block it with your side , or kill it before it gets into range and you won the battle.

There is no issue because people will not be doing it because its boring.

If you;re such a "comp guy" you should know if you lost your lights you lost the game.
Maybe you will get a light with a rocket40 and some laser but i see nothing wrong with this.
but you not going to see comp players running javelins full of rockets.

Edited by Monkey Lover, 28 June 2017 - 07:54 PM.

#34 Brain Cancer

• The 1 Percent
  • 3,851 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 07:56 PM

View PostFupDup, on 28 June 2017 - 06:10 PM, said:

Fun fact: The RL120 Javelin has an alpha strike of 210 damage.

I told you guys not to add Rocket Launchers. You should've listened. You could have prevented this...

Nope. People want to build a Suicide Special, let them. It means you'll be afraid of lights.

Once. Each.

Don't miss.

#35 GrimRiver

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,306 posts
  • LocationIf not here and not there, then where?

Posted 28 June 2017 - 08:11 PM

I remember that post you made about the Stealth armor being op.

So I tested it.

I tested all IS ECM mechs: Stealth armor, DHS and Endo. Was left with next to no room for Double sinks, weapons and their respective ammo and much less room with XL and LFE and lost weight saving with the removal of FF.

Also Stealth armor removes the target lock so couldn't get locks on anything and it does build up heat as you move.

Just like I predicted.

Also to point out RL's are 1 shot, as in you fire them once and that's it no more shots, sure you can have a crazy high alpha with them but after they're fired you're useless for the rest of the match without weapons.

Edited by GrimRiver, 28 June 2017 - 08:18 PM.

#36 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 28 June 2017 - 08:29 PM

View PostScrapIron Prime, on 28 June 2017 - 07:30 PM, said:

I'm more worried about everyone's drop deck including one light festooned with Rocket Launchers so Generators and orbital guns can be taken down in a single salvo. Must test.

I dont play community warfare. one hit wonder make the game unfun in quick play but i can see how they could literally spoil community warfare.

#37 razenWing

• The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 08:47 PM

View PostGrimRiver, on 28 June 2017 - 08:11 PM, said:

I remember that post you made about the Stealth armor being op.

So I tested it.

I tested all IS ECM mechs: Stealth armor, DHS and Endo. Was left with next to no room for Double sinks, weapons and their respective ammo and much less room with XL and LFE and lost weight saving with the removal of FF.

Also Stealth armor removes the target lock so couldn't get locks on anything and it does build up heat as you move.

Just like I predicted.

Also to point out RL's are 1 shot, as in you fire them once and that's it no more shots, sure you can have a crazy high alpha with them but after they're fired you're useless for the rest of the match without weapons.

Really? Not from what I saw on theb33f's stream. He literally had it on and ran around for 2 minutes with no heat buildup.

So one of you guys are not playing the right game. Also, watch what b33f did, you can literally do what I described with all those restrictions you mentioned.

#38 Shifty McSwift

• 2,889 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 08:54 PM

So, 12x suicide light teams? Sounds fun, cough cough cough.

I mean it actually sounds terrible, way to reward a crappy playstyle :(

#39 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 28 June 2017 - 08:55 PM

View PostrazenWing, on 28 June 2017 - 08:47 PM, said:

Really? Not from what I saw on theb33f's stream. He literally had it on and ran around for 2 minutes with no heat buildup.

So one of you guys are not playing the right game. Also, watch what b33f did, you can literally do what I described with all those restrictions you mentioned.

Looks like you can run around all you want but you can't fire any weapons. I dont see any problem with this. I really dont see much use for it anyway. I have never had issues getting behind the enemy line in a light mech even without ecm.

#40 Shifty McSwift

• 2,889 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 08:57 PM

New farming meta; Load up 5 suicide RL light builds, jump into a game, charge enemy location, get a kill or die in the first 15 seconds, leave game, grab next RL suicide light, jump in a game, get a kill or die in the first 15 seconds... Repeat ad nauseum, ad infinitus, and add in some childish battle cries too, because you know it'l happen.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users