Bug Rac/5S Massive Heat

3 replies to this topic

#1 ExAstra

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 131 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 02:39 PM

Here's a weird one for you - my friend is experiencing a strange bug on his Bushwacker X1. It has only 2 RAC/5s on it and some ammo - but if he tries to fire both RACs at the same time he overheats in seconds.

But his Mauler doesn't suffer the same, shall we say "random" ghost heat that the Bushwacker does. I've duplicated his build on the Bushwacker and tried several twin RAC/5 mechs myself and have not been able to replicate it.

https://youtu.be/2WoOE9BsK5c

Edit: We've found what causes it. If a RAC/5 starts firing after another RAC/5 - it gets an obnoxious and insane ghost heat penalty. If this is intentional, RAC/5s are useless as a primary weapon - and the ghost heat should also be applying when both are fired simultaneously. If this is unintentional - let's hope it doesn't go live. Haha.

Edited by ExAstra, 30 June 2017 - 02:41 PM.

#2 Pottertown

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 03:11 PM

Hey, I'm experiencing some crazy RAC overheating as well. I'm trying to sort out what the cause might be. What I have experienced:

Map: Testing Grounds - Canyon Network
Mech: MAL-MX90

Equipped:
2x RAC5 in LT
2x RAC2 in RT

Firing sequence:

2x RAC2 - No ghost heat, can effectively fire indefinitely - Jams eventually prevent overheat

2x RAC5 - No ghost heat, can effectively fire indefinitely - Jams eventually prevent overheat

1 RAC5 and 1 RAC2 - Extreme ghost heat, overheat in just under 3s.

#3 Pottertown

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 03:29 PM

Doing a bit more testing on MAL-MX90:

Up to and including 3X RAC5, normal heat seems to be occurring.

Up to and including 3X RAC2, normal heat seems to be occurring.

Any combination of RAC5 and RAC2 results in extreme ghost heat.

#4 J0anna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 939 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 04:25 PM

Apparently this isn't a bug, but the limitations of the ghost heat system. As I understand it, since the RAC 2 fires faster than the RAC 5, the 'ghost heat' system sees it as firing within the 0.5 second window and penalizing it.

Paul's brainchild, Ghost Heat, simply can't handle this weapon combination.

It was actually discussed here:

https://mwomercs.com...c-specific-bug/

I specifically wanted to put a RAC5/RAC2 combo on a Heavy Metal - it simply doesn't work. So PGI has a choice to make:

1) Leave RAC's broken - the easiest solution, but then people won't use them

2) Rewrite the programming for Ghost heat so that it works as intended - a bit labor intensive

3) Break Rac2 and RAC 5 into different groups (but then stagger firing the same RAC still doesn't work)

4) Remove Ghost heat limitations from all RACs - What I suspect will happen

5) Remove the Ghost heat crutch from the game (well one can dream)

Lets see what they do.......

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users