• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 30 June 2017 - 09:12 AM

View PostVirlutris, on 30 June 2017 - 09:08 AM, said:

My recall's borqed.

I haven't been buying mech packs for about a year, so I hadn't been paying attention much, but answered off the top of my head.

Classic forum drop on my part.

You get points for owning it instead of resorting to insults to obfuscate it...

#62 Virlutris

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,443 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationVery likely goofing off in a match near you.

Posted 30 June 2017 - 09:15 AM

View PostMovinTarget, on 30 June 2017 - 09:12 AM, said:

You get points for owning it instead of resorting to insults to obfuscate it...

Better to live in the open that way, much less internal and external conflict.

Honesty and stability begins with looking in the mirror.

#63 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,255 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 30 June 2017 - 09:16 AM

View PostScout Derek, on 29 June 2017 - 03:39 PM, said:

Damn this is a lot. Probably going to be one of the best events that happened to MWO in a long time.

Perhaps... I hope the (MC) Amounts given will be large enough to blot out the non-presence of Supply Cache Keys in the possible Loot Bag Rewards. Also, I hope they made the Active Premium Time rather rare, as it was too ubiquitous in some of the previous Loot Bag Rewards. I really don't want to get stuck in a mental OCD state myself, trying to not let Active Premium Time go to waste. :mellow:

View PostDee Eight, on 29 June 2017 - 04:26 PM, said:

Oh good...two more halloween warhorns.

Only if the "Jack-O-Lantern" Warhorn is an Available Prize down in the Pick-A-Prize Section. :unsure:

View PostBrakkar, on 29 June 2017 - 05:06 PM, said:

Just make sure that a player can get the Y decal only once.

I second this. But it looks from Matt Newman's post above that they're going to allow people to end up frustrated from getting duplicates of the "Y" Decal, when there was no need to let the Loot Bag Randomizer do that. They could have perhaps given out Clan ER Small Lasers, Flamers, or Supply Cache Keys instead, yet only do it after the "Y" Decal is finally given out to a player. :(

<tease> But I bet even Matt Newman wouldn't take my hint here and get them to fix that. :P </tease>

View PostArcher Magnus, on 29 June 2017 - 05:50 PM, said:

"Earn a Minimum match Score of 100 in qualified game mode and earn up to 30 loot Bag redeems every 3 days"

Is it one loot bag per match? If that is the case you would have to play 10 matches a day?

Simply put, there will be 5 segments of 3 days in length. During each 3-day segment, you can earn up to 30 Loot Bags. You can do this all at once, break it into 3 days of 10 Qualifying Matches each, or even your own blend, just as long as all of those 30 Qualifying Matches happen within that particular 3-day time segment. Each single Loot Bag is earned by having a Qualifying Match with 100+ Match Score. For the Final Total, there's 150 Loot Bags to earn in all, but you'll have to manage 30 Qualifying Matches within each and every of the 3-day segments to get them all. :)

View PostCadoazreal, on 29 June 2017 - 06:35 PM, said:

i was like " i need to take a break from gaming too much and do irl stuff ! then i saw the rewards.... 2 premium colors omfg /drools PURPLE AND BLACK YOU WILL BE MINE !! =)

Also, cobra, or hot rod or snowfall or one of the faction patterns omg i cant decide !!!

Like with my reply to Dee Eight, you'll only be able to get those if they happen to be a possible choice. -_-

View PostLAZERCHICKEN, on 29 June 2017 - 07:45 PM, said:

what is the dud item?

The "Dud Item" is a Decal of the Letter "Y". It could be potentially useful, or it might not. Time will tell. :wacko:

~Mr. D. V. "I'm just 'Mass Replying' again, because I don't like making a deluge of small posts." Devnull

[Edit by Post Author for a Missed Piece Of Thought.]

Edited by D V Devnull, 30 June 2017 - 09:19 AM.

#64 Draconis March

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 121 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 09:57 AM

View PostCato Phoenix, on 29 June 2017 - 03:32 PM, said:

Pick a prize rewards - warhorns and unlocking skins for chassis?

Very cool, very cool.

Posted Image

Very cool.

#65 Kanil

• 1,067 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 10:32 AM

View PostMatt Newman, on 30 June 2017 - 08:43 AM, said:

The Pick a Prize items are a very Specific list of items ... the premium color palette, non-faction patterns ...

Thank you for the update.

Really nice to let us pick our prizes, after the last two events have given me five white, red, and blue colors that I already had. The premium palette has some especially nice colors in it, too. Shame about faction patterns, but it's hard to complain about free stuff.

#66 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 11:27 AM

View PostBSK, on 29 June 2017 - 11:46 PM, said:

Did we have any loot bags for Cougar, Annihilator etc?</p>

yes, previous events had them. Maybe read what's already been posted before clicking reply ?

View PostRuccus, on 30 June 2017 - 03:08 AM, said:

I love the 'jack o lantern' warhorn. Other good warhorns are the Javelin's 'shield' warhorn and the Bushwacker's 'combat radio' warhorn, though the combat radio warhorn is a touch long.

After the jack'o'lantern my faves are the ram's horn, cyclops, supernova, isobaric, and yard sale. But my main account is swiming in horns anyway. My alt on the other hand, less so (aside from all the horns from the current event) so it will appreciate two choices also.

#67 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 11:30 AM

View PostCapperDeluxe, on 30 June 2017 - 07:48 AM, said:

And no event on the test server to keep its population up? Or is the reason because if there were an event on the test server the server would implode?

They will never run events on the test servers and it should be plainly obvious to everyone who reads the test server is running announcements and actually uses them as to why that is.

#68 Jarl Dane

• Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationJarnFolk Cluster

Posted 30 June 2017 - 11:37 AM

View PostJake Peril, on 30 June 2017 - 06:41 AM, said:

A L U T A N

It seems like someone dabbled in Elder Futhark...

The 2nd word is 'DANE'

#69 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,034 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 12:15 PM

View PostW E N D I G O, on 30 June 2017 - 11:27 AM, said:

Civil War Mechs are in the game on on 18th of July, pick-a-prize expires on 24th... so can I choose a pattern for them when I wait until those are out or not? Please clarify, thanks.

No, unfortunately, the mechs will not be available for pattern selection. The event scripts are made based on the currently available content on the Database

#70 ShooteyMcShooterson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 290 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 12:23 PM

This is awesome. The last loot bag event I received hundreds of MC and like 11 days of premium time. Anything close to that and I'll be stoked. I can use it to deck out my new Battlemaster 1G! :)

I particularly appreciate being able to get some new colors without spending the MC. IDK if the camos are one shot or unlocked for the mech, but that's awesome either way too.

#71 MrKvola

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 329 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 12:56 PM

View PostShooteyMcShooterson, on 30 June 2017 - 12:23 PM, said:

IDK if the camos are one shot or unlocked for the mech, but that's awesome either way too.

Camos from this event are unlocks for a chassis - you get to put them on all variants of the chassis you select.

#72 Gannycus

• PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 01:00 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 30 June 2017 - 12:15 PM, said:

No, unfortunately, the mechs will not be available for pattern selection. The event scripts are made based on the currently available content on the Database

A couple of question in my mind:

Can I pick a pattern for a mech in game but not still released for C-bills/MC and not in my hangar? Ex. can I pick a Roughneck pattern even if I did not buy the relative mech pack and then apply that pattern once the mech is avaiable for cbills?

And if i get 60 Loot Bags can I pick the "X of 20 Loot Bags" standing item 3 times instead of a warhorn or is a one time pick for every goal reach?

#73 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,034 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 01:36 PM

View PostGannycus, on 30 June 2017 - 01:00 PM, said:

A couple of question in my mind:

Can I pick a pattern for a mech in game but not still released for C-bills/MC and not in my hangar? Ex. can I pick a Roughneck pattern even if I did not buy the relative mech pack and then apply that pattern once the mech is avaiable for cbills?

And if i get 60 Loot Bags can I pick the "X of 20 Loot Bags" standing item 3 times instead of a warhorn or is a one time pick for every goal reach?

Yes! you can choose a pattern for a mech you do not own yet. (as long as it exists in game)

NO! At each Pick a prize point you can only select from the Prizes of the specified type.

#74 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 30 June 2017 - 01:37 PM

Damnit. This is no good... im supposed to be on an mwo break to be refreshed when Civil War hit. But i was still doing some of the current event because its also nice. The pts also got me in pretty hard but i get no cbills in return. This event is too good to pass, ill have put at least 10 match a day, on top or more pts... ill have to... enable premium time for the first time ever without having bought new mech to grind... damnit, no break for me you hearthless ********. I guess i should buy something new and pretend i got a break already, spirit bear or grinner.. decisions...

BUT! I already have a Y decals AHAH! YOU DONT SINK ME! I SCUTTLE MYSELF AHAH! ha!..eh.

#75 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 01 July 2017 - 12:04 PM

View PostDAYLEET, on 30 June 2017 - 01:37 PM, said:

Damnit. This is no good... im supposed to be on an mwo break to be refreshed when Civil War hit. But i was still doing some of the current event because its also nice. The pts also got me in pretty hard but i get no cbills in return. This event is too good to pass, ill have put at least 10 match a day, on top or more pts... ill have to... enable premium time for the first time ever without having bought new mech to grind... damnit, no break for me you hearthless ********. I guess i should buy something new and pretend i got a break already, spirit bear or grinner.. decisions...

BUT! I already have a Y decals AHAH! YOU DONT SINK ME! I SCUTTLE MYSELF AHAH! ha!..eh.

I am going to continue using the event bonuses to bolster my coffers right up until I blow the whole wad on LFEs, MRMs, RACs, ATMs, and misc. PPCs.

#76 mouser42

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 382 posts
  • Locationb-more

Posted 01 July 2017 - 02:25 PM

When we pick a chassis for a pattern will be for one mech say pick the nova nva-s will the same pattern cover the other nova variants like the prime or is it one shot one mech? Ether way very cool prize thank you.

#77 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 01 July 2017 - 02:51 PM

View PostProsperity Park, on 01 July 2017 - 12:04 PM, said:

I am going to continue using the event bonuses to bolster my coffers right up until I blow the whole wad on LFEs, MRMs, RACs, ATMs, and misc. PPCs.

Wasn't that what the skill tree refund was for?

#78 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,255 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 01 July 2017 - 07:12 PM

View Postmouser42, on 01 July 2017 - 02:25 PM, said:

When we pick a chassis for a pattern will be for one mech say pick the nova nva-s will the same pattern cover the other nova variants like the prime or is it one shot one mech? Ether way very cool prize thank you.

It covers ALL the Variants of a Chassis. To quote a PGI Staff Member...

FYI the Pick a Prize Pattern Unlocks are ONLY Patterns. Since Patterns are unlocked on a per Chassis basis you have to select the Chassis then the pattern you want unlocked

...which means you won't see any Variant-specific listings. There will ONLY be Chassis names present. B)

As for this...

The Dud Item is similar to the Unlucky items from Lucky charms except for the first time you get it (if it's not already unlocked) it is a prize worth 180 MC. Each time you get it after that you receive the "Y" Decal it will be valueless Posted Image
Which will make you say "Y Tho?" which makes it kinda funny.

I don't think a phrase like "Y Tho?" can make it quite that funny... In fact, it might be very frustrating. Could it instead be configured so that after the "Y" Letter Decal is received, it gives single 'Supply Key' items and won't just make people rage over earned Loot Bags being burned up with no real earning for their effort? More than likely, those Supply Caches that people are getting will only cough up lame things anyway, so the 'Supply Key' item could therefore be considered as a 'Dud Item' on this particular Event, even though they have a use. It's just a thought, but I felt like it was something of an idea to put on the table. :)

~D. V. "Answers... Questions... I've got both!" Devnull

(p.s.: I really do appreciate Colors, Patterns, 'War Horns', 'Mech Bays', 'Free Mechs', 'Supply Keys', (MC), (C-Bills), GXP, and Decals all as Event Rewards... Please keep them coming!)

#79 Ober Affengeil

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 36 posts
  • LocationBlackjack School of Conflict, Jade Falcon Invasion Corridor

Posted 01 July 2017 - 11:56 PM

View PostMech The Dane, on 29 June 2017 - 10:02 PM, said:

PGI!!!

You've stolen ISEN's colors and likeness for THE LAST TIME! Not only are those our colors on that mech, but that 4SP is a mech I am known to run and you even copied my camo!

I demand that PGI fight me in a HOLMGANG for stealing my colors, camo and honor! Meet me in deadly combat and earn back your misplaced valor!

If anyone doubts the veracity of my claims, here is a video that clearly shows my HBK-4SP that camo!

IS scum: You cannot steal that which already belongs to you. A true warrior doesn't demand, he TAKES! I wish to counter this whining excuse of a post and issue my own: I Oberführer of Arctotherium Winter 7th Brigade, do challenge Mech the Dane to trial by combat on behalf of PGI over the expressed color schemes! I bid one point to this conflict. By the rules of zellbrigen I am not allowed to retreat from inferior foes. May the memories of Hans Ole Jorgensson and Sandra Tseng guide my hand.

#80 Mechteric

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 02 July 2017 - 03:36 AM

View PostSHRedo, on 30 June 2017 - 08:03 AM, said:

what woud be the point for an event on the test server?
i thought stuff you get there wont carry over to your "real" account, right?

They would write code to do that, it's not an impossible problem to solve.

In fact I'm pretty sure that there was one test server run a couple years ago or so where if you logged in and played/won at least one match they gave your "real" account a cockpit item.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users