Move Event After Pts !

21 replies to this topic

#1 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 12:47 AM

PGI seriously? An event again during a PTS? I was just so happy that it was so easy to get matches over the last few days why do you ruin that AGAIN with a freaking event during a PTS.

Either port that event over to the PTS too, so people testing can actualy also participate on the event or move the event to a later point AFTER the PTS is over.

PS: Can someone with a twitter account also tell that to Russ?

#2 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 12:49 AM

the event lasts for like 2 weeks so I dont know what youre complaining about

#3 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 12:54 AM

Currently there are enough people on the PTS to actualy find a match. The last times they did an event during PTS there was no one to be found. Waittimes of an 30-60min where "normal"!

So NO event during PTS. It allways ****'s up the Matchmaking on the PTS.

Also we just had an event. Why do another one just now. It can wait for two weeks.

Edited by Nesutizale, 30 June 2017 - 12:55 AM.

#4 Kiiyor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,565 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 30 June 2017 - 01:03 AM

Sweet jesus, people will complain about absolutely anything on these forums. If PGI postponed the event to run a PTS, people would complain, spectacularly. If they stopped or delayed a PTS for weeks because of an event, the collective whining would reach deep space faster than any signals earth has ever released before, and unequivocally convince alien life not to bother.

#5 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 01:29 AM

Comeback to me when you have 30-60min waittimes in QP and tell me that isn't a problem.
Everytime so far when there was a event and a PTS the PTS has become a barren desert with no one playing.
So yah there is something worth complaining about.

#6 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 30 June 2017 - 04:58 AM

View PostNesutizale, on 30 June 2017 - 12:47 AM, said:

PGI seriously? An event again during a PTS? I was just so happy that it was so easy to get matches over the last few days why do you ruin that AGAIN with a freaking event during a PTS.

Either port that event over to the PTS too, so people testing can actualy also participate on the event or move the event to a later point AFTER the PTS is over.

PS: Can someone with a twitter account also tell that to Russ?

I could not agree more.. I actually had to do the active Summer Blast event instead of the PTS last night.. and then after Summer Blast ends, there comes another event..

Basically its some sort of challenge or event every day until MWO servers shut down.. so yeah.. priorities..

Seriously.. PTS should be an event, matches played should be rewarded and then you guys would get some good PTS stats and players would get rewarded for doing your work for you..

#7 SQW

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 05:25 AM

What is OP on about? Very small percentage of people bother with PTS and if it wasn't for the weekly event, a lot of people wouldn't even bother to log in to play regular QP.

Given PGI's track record on taking in PTS feedback, the PTS is more useful for hunting bugs than any balance test.

#8 Paigan

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,789 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 05:30 AM

View PostKiiyor, on 30 June 2017 - 01:03 AM, said:

Sweet jesus, people will complain about absolutely anything on these forums. If PGI postponed the event to run a PTS, people would complain, spectacularly. If they stopped or delayed a PTS for weeks because of an event, the collective whining would reach deep space faster than any signals earth has ever released before, and unequivocally convince alien life not to bother.

The funny thing is: You are right. And he is, as well.

Having an event during PTS affects the PTS player numbers negatively.
Cancelling or postponing events to boost PTS hurts players who don't care about PTS but only want to play (events).

Both things are true. It's simply a conflict of interest.

Personally, I don't see either of them being negligible. So it's not sooo bad that he complains about it (IMHO). He has a point.

In the end, it probably boils down to "If you get beaten either way, you can freely do what you want."

Edited by Paigan, 30 June 2017 - 05:31 AM.

#9 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 05:30 AM

Ok I will take a step back. I personaly prioritie PTS as the new tech is a gamechanger that we will all have to live with in the future of MWO. It dosn't matter if you played the PTS or not, you will be effected.
So I support the PTS.

Think of it like elections. Even when you don't vote you have to live with the consequenzes...like Trump.

Since I am more focused on the PTS I agree that I closed my eyes a bit about the non participants. So lets give a very simple suggestion for a solution, count the PTS results for the Event. So people can do the event AND be on the PTS.

Edited by Nesutizale, 30 June 2017 - 05:35 AM.

#10 JC Daxion

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 06:21 AM

OP the simple fact is, MOST people won't play on PTS anyway.. If vets, the one's that are typically the ones that play on PTS, can't play because they just have to get a little bonus on their account.. I don't know what to tell you.

It's summer.. They can do events every single day for all i care, and honestly they should..

With all these units around, you are saying you can't find 8-10 people to set up a private match to test for a few hours? All those folks that have been complaining about new tech for years and years, are now suddenly going to not play it because they can get a bonus GXP or random cockpit item?

#11 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 01:29 AM

And as predicted waittimes are going up the moment the event dropped. Well done....

#12 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 03 July 2017 - 04:52 AM

PTS participation should give rewards too.. Cose' technically, WE are doing PGI's job FOR THEM..

#13 Angel of Annihilation

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,876 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 05:11 AM

View PostNesutizale, on 30 June 2017 - 01:29 AM, said:

Comeback to me when you have 30-60min waittimes in QP and tell me that isn't a problem.
Everytime so far when there was a event and a PTS the PTS has become a barren desert with no one playing.
So yah there is something worth complaining about.

It isn't like you can get accurate testing done in a 4 vs 4 match anyway. I think I spent 30+ hours on test so far and not one match there played out anything like a real 12 vs 12 match. I mean ATMs look really good but no one is using AMS and due to the lack of mechs there isn't such a think as a 2nd line support mech, it is all brawl, all the time. That is just one example but you can't test Sniper builds, LRM builds, Long Range builds, Support builds or anything like that. Also no one really plays light mechs and scouting isn't a thing. Then there is the fact that everyone play more aggressive because they know they aren't going to run into a firing line of 8 mechs that will take them apart in seconds nor are there as many distractions going on so it is very hard to to use flanking or surprise tactics. Oh and the unbalanced matches like 2 Assaults and 2 Heavies against 1 light and 3 mediums.

Overall I felt like the QP on test was near completely non-representative of an actual QP match on live.

#14 MustrumRidcully

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,644 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 05:15 AM

Let's face it, the really long term balance implications are never going to be seen on PTS. If testing woudl achieve that, MW:O would have been perfectly balanced post Open Beta. Guess what, it wasn't.

But fundamental issues might be found.

#15 Bigbacon

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 05:49 AM

maybe..... not everyone plays PTS?

#16 Kiiyor

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,565 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 03 July 2017 - 06:36 AM

View PostMustrumRidcully, on 03 July 2017 - 05:15 AM, said:

Let's face it, the really long term balance implications are never going to be seen on PTS. If testing woudl achieve that, MW:O would have been perfectly balanced post Open Beta. Guess what, it wasn't.

But fundamental issues might be found.

It doesn't help that it's 4v4 either.

Things like ammunition issues, and the lack of testing of saturation weapons like ATM's (one LRM boat isn't an issue on live, but 5....) mean that the true baptism of fire for a lot of weapon systems is yet to come.

Heavy gauss is pretty devastating on Maulers and the like, because there aren't 12 mechs ready to perforate them as they close to spitting distance. Likewise heavy lasers don't get much of a workout in the mobile fights that 4v4 produces, but maybe, on live, when things are a little slower and more entrenched, they might be more successful.

It will be interesting, to say the least.

#17 Angel of Annihilation

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,876 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 06:43 AM

View PostBigbacon, on 03 July 2017 - 05:49 AM, said:

maybe..... not everyone plays PTS?

There is also only so much you can do there before it is a waste of time. I mean none of the C-bills or experience you earn is transferable so all that time you spend there gives you zero progression. I spent probably 30 hours on the PTS trying out the new tech, most of that time in the Training Grounds. If I had been playing the live game all that time, I could easily have added 20-30 million C-bills to my bank and leveled quite a few more mechs. On the other hand, it has been time well spent because now I know where to spend my C-bills come patch day and for the most part will just be able to drop in my builds rather than having to run painful and costly experiments in the live environment.

Point is, there is only so much time you can spend on test before it is time to move on. At this point, unless they change the weapons characteristics again, there is nothing new I can gain from the PTS and even if they do change weapon stats, it shouldn't take me more than a hour to test out the changes. That isn't going to interfere at all with the event, nor would the lack of an event encourage me to spend more time on test.

#18 MustrumRidcully

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,644 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 06:45 AM

What would help even less is if matches didn't pop up at all.

If you see there are enough people for 8v8 or 12v12, invite them!

#19 J0anna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 939 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 06:47 AM

It would be nice if PGI made drops in PTS also count (even on a reduced level) . I spent far more time on PTS yesterday than on the live server, it would be a nice gesture, but not a big deal.

#20 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 06:47 AM

Still we just had an event, there was no need for another just the next "day". Also for me I couldn't play as much and I still got lots to test.
4v4 might not be 12v12 but it can still give you an impression of whats to come. Traininggrounds is terrible in that regard.

To me it would have been much better if PGI made it like Event, PTS, Event during which they do the next balance pass, PTS, Event.....and so on.
By doing so they could have pleased everyone and would have enough time to go over the data they have and create the next patch.

14 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 14 guests, 0 anonymous users