#1 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 05:49 AM

Dear PGI,
While fully aware of the new timeline shift and the upcoming new mechs, it brings up an interesting thing that I have noticed while looking through old mechs.

There are a number of Battlemechs which would fit a lot of tonnage slots that are pretty barren (20, 25, 40, 60, 30, and not so barren ones such as 65, 70, 75, etc.) that do exist. All of which have never been featured in past Mechwarrior games, have NOT fallen under the Unseen nonsense (or are now reseen), and are either supposed to be very common OR fell out of use or thought was to be extinct until, miraculously, our new timeline shift! And remember, every single one of these chassis will fit into your Mechwarrior 5 as well allowing you to double their utility! (These would also fit into the Battletech PC game, allowing you to sell more models to them too!)

I think it's time we consider these mechs.

Bombardier 65 tons. Became rare and was used by Comstar and Rasalhague. But suddenly appeared en masse when a periphery world (interestingly enough, siding with Clan Snow Raven) started churning this Inner Sphere mech into mass production.

Interestingly: Slightly before 2750, it used the following weapon systems: 3 rocket launcher 20s (Primitive, Terran Hegemony) in the Right Arm and an Arrow IV system in the Left Arm.

The chassis was known, prior to the end of the first Succession War, to use a slightly more accurate missile system for its non-Artemis LRMs. Possible missile quirk idea?

Ultimately it is similar to an Archer, but with a head-mounted ballistic hardpoint (might mount some spares in the CT and also have them appear on the upper back above the head?)

Champion 60 tons. Most variants have weapons exclusively mounted in the torso with the exception of the 3062 model. Arms are shaped something like wings and the side torso mounts hang off of these 'wings'. Peculiar to say the least, thank god for the mention of its small profile otherwise I'd be terrified at how "big" PGI might make this 60 tonner. It's small but bulky enough to easily pass the "volume" scale without making it a giant. ST ballistic and missile mounts with CT and ST laser mounts are sure to make this somewhat popular for the "Fast Heavy" enthusiasts.

Charger 80 tons. This 'Mech is well known for its insane speed, large hardpoint count and tiny stock weapons, alongside its "Punch it, smash it, throw it" mentality. Well aware that we will probably never see melee, should inverse kinetics and knockdowns ever make a come back, it'd be great to have this 'Mech around. Even without it, the generic 3025 models fill the Grass Hopper / Black Knight energy niche at 80 tons.

The Charger's 3050 variants have a wide variety of hardpoints adding in missiles, high jumpjet counts, tech that STILL isn't available in MWO even with the time jump (can simply swap those out with something else). Apparently, the 3025 Charger CGR-1A5 has multiple missile launchers and an AC/20 stock (at the sacrifice of engine power to about average for 80 tonners).

It has a 3062 variant that sports 5 rocket launcher 10s.

Another variant (3067) has 2 Light PPCs in the left arm, 1 MML9 (we don't have this sadly but it's specified as LRM configuration) in the right torso, 1 Heavy PPC left torso. 6 jumpjets... and a Sword. Uh, yeah we probably won't see the KMZ variant.

Clint 40 tons. At first glance this is a 40 ton Centurion with an insane running speed and still sporting at least one ballistic. Some variants in the 3062+ era tend to use Tech not on the list of upcoming weapons, namely plasma rifles (energy MGs) and Light Acs. However there's a 3062 variant that doesn't use those and instead focuses on weapons we do have (it is another mech with a C3 slave, however so we might need to substitute that..) It has a lot of variants though many are just small changes, this means there are more than enough to overpopulate the game with.

Crocket 85 tons. Available in 2750, 3025, and has a new variant in 3063. The new variant showcases many of the new weapons (though it has a "Improved C3"). Its array of weapons could put a Battlemaster to shame, though its top speed is universally lackluster to make up for its hefty weapons payload and near max stock armor (reasonably higher than the stock armor of the Battlemaster and considerably higher than that of the Stalker). Oh, and jumpjets!

Crusader 65 tons. This thing looks like it was made to brawl with the Roughneck. It uses a wide assortment of weapons. It needs NO inflation of hardpoints; it comes with so damn many already... It has many variants belonging to many houses.

The hardpoint count of the 2750 variant sports 10 hardpoints and 6 missile hardpoints, 2 energy and 2 ballistic with energy and ballistic hardpoints in the arms. The leg launchers, however, would probably have to be moved up. Don't get me wrong I love the idea but eh, heh. (The "Leg" launchers are depicted as being mounted on the hips, with a bit of magic by the artist perhaps they can remain on the hips.

My favorite variant is the 3025 CRD-3R since Every Single Weapon is mounted on the arms (except two of the missile launchers which are mounted on the hips). Yay Rassalhague variants!

Dervish, 55 tons. The 3025 art is terrible, though the XTRO art already looks completely compatible with MWO. The 'Mech focuses on skirmishing with energy and missile focuses. New variants in 3050 and 3062. (side note: The 3050 art is uh... very alien but still an improvement over the 3025 art). It has a good middle ground in jumpjets compared to the other 55 tons already in MWO.

Exterminator 65 tons. Many variants. Wildly varying top speeds. Many 2750, 3025, and 3050/3067 variants. Mainly energy to energy + missile variants. Would be our first IS 65 tonner with stock speeds of 97+ kph. Very sleek design is sure to be popular since nothing truly 'extrudes' from it. Low hardpoint counts.

Flashman 75 tons. Take an Urbanmech, stuff it with energy weapons, and make it 75 tons and twice as fast as its little cousin. Now you have a Flashman. A number of variants would have 2 AMS slots due to already having AMS. Plenty of hardpoints. It is bulkier than sin but as such the bulk could probably be made up for volumetrically by making it shorter than the Black Knight.

Grand Dragon 60 tons. It's a shame about how PGI chose to do the full arm on the Dragon, though the Grand Dragon is unique in terms of hardpoints and the like, a lot of character difference between the two is lost due to that decision.

Guilotine 70 tons. this thing looks terrifying! The particularly odd shape might warrant making it short, particularly with the large cockpit indicating that this 'Mech is small for its weight (and thus the super high shoulders are quite reasonable to keep it from being 'too small').Energy missile focus with jumpjets. Reasonable speed. Support fire and heavy raider roles. The 3062 variant makes use of an IS targeting computer, IS Streak 6, and numerous ER medium and large lasers.

Hatchetman 45 tons. Energy, ballistic, maybe missile. The hatchet can simply be replaced temporarily, or a "weapon" class can be added that has a 10 second cool down timer.

Hermes I and II, 30 and 40 tons respectively. Hermes I has a canon ECM variant, low hardpoint count but INSANE stock speed. Even balance of wepons. XL variants have more weapons, including head hardpoints. Hermes II quite a bit slower but still reasonably high speed. Ballistic hardpoints added, has side torso hardpoints. Looks similar to Hermes I but larger.

Hussar 30 tons. Literally designed for the very activity that most Spider pilots perform (pop-from-cover large laser fire). Matches the Hermes in speed. Canon ECM variant.

This list is far from over, but I need a break.

Edited by Koniving, 03 July 2017 - 06:22 AM.

#2 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 05:53 AM

Mh the Bombadier for Bombadil...sorry couldn't resist. ^_^

Well except for the Crusader, a classic, I don't care much for the rest.

#3 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,880 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 30 June 2017 - 06:00 AM

Crusader, Wasp, and Stinger... the last of the original 14 battlemechs (16 if you count the Chameleon and the Merlin, but nobody ever does) that have yet to be implemented.

Mech pack time... Star League's Finest. Make the Wasp and Stinger one chassis varying by hardpoints. Add the Clint or Wyvern for a medium mech. Put in the Crusader as the heavy, and the Thug as the assault.

Just a suggestion. Posted Image

Edited by ScrapIron Prime, 30 June 2017 - 06:03 AM.

#4 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 06:16 AM

Continuing.

Lancelot 60 tons. Many variants, some speed variation. It has a bit of what every non-missile user looks for. Some energy-only variants. Some ballistic variants without crippling loss in top speed (unlike the CTF 4X). One ballistic variant with torso weapons, another with arm-mounted ballistics so both kinds of ballistic users can be happy. Very good body shape is sure to be pleasantly refreshing for 60 tons.

Mercury 20 tons. A 'Mech whose speed rivals the Locust. The 3062 variants include C3 but sort of lack hardpoints so C3 could be swapped out for additional hardpoint locations.

Mongoose 25 tons. Interesting appearance. Nothing special to 3062, but has a lot of 3050 variants. Its stock speed puts the Commando to shame, but it isn't terribly overpowered in terms of potential equipment especially with the focus of head and CT weapons on almost every variant with assorted arm or side torso weapons. ECM variant 76.

Ostroc 60 tons. Decent speed. Sacrificed armor for a lot of hardpoints. Armor sacrifices are pretty meaningless in MWO, so bonus hardpoints yay. Just avoid "armor" quirking it so that it has some lore feels.

Ostol 60 tons. Many 3060+ variants, decent variants beforehand. Energy boat.

Sentinel 40 tons. Decent speed, uses all three weapon types. Looks like a smaller but blubbery Cicada with arms.

Stinger 20 tons. A 20 ton Phoenix Hawk wielding "guns". What's not to love? Plenty of variants from oldschool to several 3067s with readily existing equipment.

Thorn 20 tons. This Light mech is something I am personally looking forward to. I fell in love with its design almost immediately. It is worth noting that the right arm is supposed to be easily interchangeable, implying that it could be swapped out like an Omnimech arm to use other hard points. I don't expect this, but it leaves room to invent variants as well.

Thug 80 tons. Decent variant count. The name alone should help it sell.

Valkyrie 30 tons. Jump capable energy/missile mech with high armor meant for combat. Definite Armor quirks to make this guy stand out in its intended BT role as a tanky, armored 30 ton fighter.

Vulcan 40 tons. Humanoid 40 tonner with jumpjets and a wide array of weapon types. Reasonable speeds.

Wasp 20 tonner with guns in hand. This thing just looks wicked cool. Move leg mounted missiles to the side torsos as either hip or chest mounted toys. Please keep its tube count small so it doesn't get Javelin syndrome!

Whitworth 40 tons. Many variants. Lots of 3060+ variants with lots of use of the new weapons. Very slow for 40 tons but lots of weapons meant for more support-like roles.

Wyvern 45 tons. Exotic. Compact. Like the Hunchback's drum, the protrusion from its back is actually where it stores its ammunition. This thing is will get anyone looking for something 'aesthetically' unique to buy it. Stock ECM variant (C3 problem though).

Hollander I and II. 35 and 45 tons. Some variants. Decent speed considering the massive payload it is intended to carry. With the new Gauss Rifles, these Hollanders are sure to find a lot of use. These are a fan favorite of a similar caliber to the Urbanmech, though perhaps without so many memes....yet.

#5 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 04:34 AM

View PostScrapIron Prime, on 30 June 2017 - 06:00 AM, said:

Crusader, Wasp, and Stinger... the last of the original 14 battlemechs (16 if you count the Chameleon and the Merlin, but nobody ever does) that have yet to be implemented.

Mech pack time... Star League's Finest. Make the Wasp and Stinger one chassis varying by hardpoints. Add the Clint or Wyvern for a medium mech. Put in the Crusader as the heavy, and the Thug as the assault.

Just a suggestion. Posted Image

I'd keep the two separate, but to make a 20 ton mech worth the 15 dollar pre-order price tag, perhaps combine two 20 ton chassis together or a 20 + 25 ton chassis together.

Someone twitter that to Russ or Tina, so we might see it happen. We are woefully under-supplied with 20 and 25 ton mechs.

#6 ChapeL

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 07:43 AM

On top of all those and considering the time skip, shouldn't we have access to newer variants of currently in-game assets ?

#7 MustrumRidcully

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,644 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 08:34 AM

Whitworth.... I remember that mech from Crescent Hawk's Revenge. But what was special about him? Maybe he was an early enemy that made your life difficult?

#8 Kalimaster

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 03 July 2017 - 01:47 PM

I'd actually like to see the Hollander in play. I think it would be a great Mech for us. Oh the evil plans I have if I ever get one.

#9 Tavious Grimm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 255 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 03 July 2017 - 08:33 PM

THE IMP!

Posted Image

#10 Tavious Grimm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 255 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 03 July 2017 - 08:37 PM

For the the Clanners....

STONE RHINO

Posted Image

#11 Ruslan Savelyev

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 55 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 12:32 AM

Too many are just hardpoint duplicates of existing 'Mechs. Every Warhammer in this game is basically an upgraded Flashman. You can almost turn a Zeus into a Charger with an XL390. You can make a Thug out of an AWS. The Wyvern is just a skinny Vindicator, etc. Limited resources can't go in that many directions.

That said, the Crusader would probably sell enough units to be worth the time investment just because it is unseen and little brothers of the PXH chassis could just be rolled out as modifications to the PXH art and scale.

The only one I see filling a meaningful role would be the Exterminator, which could have the speed and armor to fill a role for the IS like the LBK does for the Clans or in comp play. Personally I would be all over a 100+ kph speed tweaked heavy brawler.

#12 Tavious Grimm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 255 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 04 July 2017 - 09:14 AM

Not to put to fine of a point on this...

The Thug was designed by Maltex Corporation as a direct competitor to the popular Warhammer BattleMech. First seeing production in 2572, the Thug sought to directly address some of the challenges which faced the Warhammer, chief of which was to increase armor protection without sacrificing firepower. When compared side-by-side, the Thug has a great many advantages over the Warhammer, yet it never wholly replaced the venerable 'Mech. Still the Thug proved popular enough that Maltex Corporation was forced to contract Earthwerks Incorporated to produce the Thug on Keystone in order to meet demand. Although it has had its detractors, the Thug has proven itself for over five hundred years to be the quintessential "zombie 'Mech."

Posted Image

I get what your saying about making this out of that, though I think we're talking aesthetic differences here.

Posted Image

More then enough room on this game for both! Posted Image

#13 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,741 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 04 July 2017 - 09:23 AM

The sad issue with both and other humanoid mechs is the inability to temporarily raise a weapon-encased arm to fire those weapons.

#14 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 04 July 2017 - 11:35 AM

View PostKoniving, on 30 June 2017 - 05:49 AM, said:

Dear PGI,
While fully aware of the new timeline shift and the upcoming new mechs, it brings up an interesting thing that I have noticed while looking through old mechs.

There are a number of Battlemechs which would fit a lot of tonnage slots that are pretty barren (20, 25, 40, 60, 30, and not so barren ones such as 65, 70, 75, etc.) that do exist. All of which have never been featured in past Mechwarrior games, have NOT fallen under the Unseen nonsense (or are now reseen), and are either supposed to be very common OR fell out of use or thought was to be extinct until, miraculously, our new timeline shift! And remember, every single one of these chassis will fit into your Mechwarrior 5 as well allowing you to double their utility! (These would also fit into the Battletech PC game, allowing you to sell more models to them too!)

I think it's time we consider these mechs.

Bombardier 65 tons. Became rare and was used by Comstar and Rasalhague. But suddenly appeared en masse when a periphery world (interestingly enough, siding with Clan Snow Raven) started churning this Inner Sphere mech into mass production.

Interestingly: Slightly before 2750, it used the following weapon systems: 3 rocket launcher 20s (Primitive, Terran Hegemony) in the Right Arm and an Arrow IV system in the Left Arm.

The chassis was known, prior to the end of the first Succession War, to use a slightly more accurate missile system for its non-Artemis LRMs. Possible missile quirk idea?

Ultimately it is similar to an Archer, but with a head-mounted ballistic hardpoint (might mount some spares in the CT and also have them appear on the upper back above the head?)

Champion 60 tons. Most variants have weapons exclusively mounted in the torso with the exception of the 3062 model. Arms are shaped something like wings and the side torso mounts hang off of these 'wings'. Peculiar to say the least, thank god for the mention of its small profile otherwise I'd be terrified at how "big" PGI might make this 60 tonner. It's small but bulky enough to easily pass the "volume" scale without making it a giant. ST ballistic and missile mounts with CT and ST laser mounts are sure to make this somewhat popular for the "Fast Heavy" enthusiasts.

Charger 80 tons. This 'Mech is well known for its insane speed, large hardpoint count and tiny stock weapons, alongside its "Punch it, smash it, throw it" mentality. Well aware that we will probably never see melee, should inverse kinetics and knockdowns ever make a come back, it'd be great to have this 'Mech around. Even without it, the generic 3025 models fill the Grass Hopper / Black Knight energy niche at 80 tons.

The Charger's 3050 variants have a wide variety of hardpoints adding in missiles, high jumpjet counts, tech that STILL isn't available in MWO even with the time jump (can simply swap those out with something else). Apparently, the 3025 Charger CGR-1A5 has multiple missile launchers and an AC/20 stock (at the sacrifice of engine power to about average for 80 tonners).

It has a 3062 variant that sports 5 rocket launcher 10s.

Another variant (3067) has 2 Light PPCs in the left arm, 1 MML9 (we don't have this sadly but it's specified as LRM configuration) in the right torso, 1 Heavy PPC left torso. 6 jumpjets... and a Sword. Uh, yeah we probably won't see the KMZ variant.

Clint 40 tons. At first glance this is a 40 ton Centurion with an insane running speed and still sporting at least one ballistic. Some variants in the 3062+ era tend to use Tech not on the list of upcoming weapons, namely plasma rifles (energy MGs) and Light Acs. However there's a 3062 variant that doesn't use those and instead focuses on weapons we do have (it is another mech with a C3 slave, however so we might need to substitute that..) It has a lot of variants though many are just small changes, this means there are more than enough to overpopulate the game with.

Crocket 85 tons. Available in 2750, 3025, and has a new variant in 3063. The new variant showcases many of the new weapons (though it has a "Improved C3"). Its array of weapons could put a Battlemaster to shame, though its top speed is universally lackluster to make up for its hefty weapons payload and near max stock armor (reasonably higher than the stock armor of the Battlemaster and considerably higher than that of the Stalker). Oh, and jumpjets!

Crusader 65 tons. This thing looks like it was made to brawl with the Roughneck. It uses a wide assortment of weapons. It needs NO inflation of hardpoints; it comes with so damn many already... It has many variants belonging to many houses.

The hardpoint count of the 2750 variant sports 10 hardpoints and 6 missile hardpoints, 2 energy and 2 ballistic with energy and ballistic hardpoints in the arms. The leg launchers, however, would probably have to be moved up. Don't get me wrong I love the idea but eh, heh. (The "Leg" launchers are depicted as being mounted on the hips, with a bit of magic by the artist perhaps they can remain on the hips.

My favorite variant is the 3025 CRD-3R since Every Single Weapon is mounted on the arms (except two of the missile launchers which are mounted on the hips). Yay Rassalhague variants!

Dervish, 55 tons. The 3025 art is terrible, though the XTRO art already looks completely compatible with MWO. The 'Mech focuses on skirmishing with energy and missile focuses. New variants in 3050 and 3062. (side note: The 3050 art is uh... very alien but still an improvement over the 3025 art). It has a good middle ground in jumpjets compared to the other 55 tons already in MWO.

Exterminator 65 tons. Many variants. Wildly varying top speeds. Many 2750, 3025, and 3050/3067 variants. Mainly energy to energy + missile variants. Would be our first IS 65 tonner with stock speeds of 97+ kph. Very sleek design is sure to be popular since nothing truly 'extrudes' from it. Low hardpoint counts.

Flashman 75 tons. Take an Urbanmech, stuff it with energy weapons, and make it 75 tons and twice as fast as its little cousin. Now you have a Flashman. A number of variants would have 2 AMS slots due to already having AMS. Plenty of hardpoints. It is bulkier than sin but as such the bulk could probably be made up for volumetrically by making it shorter than the Black Knight.

Grand Dragon 60 tons. It's a shame about how PGI chose to do the full arm on the Dragon, though the Grand Dragon is unique in terms of hardpoints and the like, a lot of character difference between the two is lost due to that decision.

Guilotine 70 tons. this thing looks terrifying! The particularly odd shape might warrant making it short, particularly with the large cockpit indicating that this 'Mech is small for its weight (and thus the super high shoulders are quite reasonable to keep it from being 'too small').Energy missile focus with jumpjets. Reasonable speed. Support fire and heavy raider roles. The 3062 variant makes use of an IS targeting computer, IS Streak 6, and numerous ER medium and large lasers.

Hatchetman 45 tons. Energy, ballistic, maybe missile. The hatchet can simply be replaced temporarily, or a "weapon" class can be added that has a 10 second cool down timer.

Hermes I and II, 30 and 40 tons respectively. Hermes I has a canon ECM variant, low hardpoint count but INSANE stock speed. Even balance of wepons. XL variants have more weapons, including head hardpoints. Hermes II quite a bit slower but still reasonably high speed. Ballistic hardpoints added, has side torso hardpoints. Looks similar to Hermes I but larger.

Hussar 30 tons. Literally designed for the very activity that most Spider pilots perform (pop-from-cover large laser fire). Matches the Hermes in speed. Canon ECM variant.

This list is far from over, but I need a break.

No love for the (other) Unseen?
Wasp, Stinger, Valkyrie, Ostroc and Longbow are on the top of my list.

#15 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 04 July 2017 - 11:55 AM

Nostalgia mechs are the only ones I'll be spending money on from now on.

For me that means the rest of the Orginal TRO 3025 back catalogue with the unseen on top of the list sans Longbow and LAMS.

there might be a few that if P.G.I do a good job on I might buy, but these are the only ones I can say, as long as they are not screwed over like the Javelin, that I would put money down on the first day.

Yes most are bad mechs but we already have the metamechs

#16 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 04 July 2017 - 12:06 PM

View PostKoniving, on 03 July 2017 - 04:34 AM, said:

I'd keep the two separate, but to make a 20 ton mech worth the 15 dollar pre-order price tag, perhaps combine two 20 ton chassis together or a 20 + 25 ton chassis together.

Someone twitter that to Russ or Tina, so we might see it happen. We are woefully under-supplied with 20 and 25 ton mechs.

I'd think the best way to do it would be make the one with a single variant the Hero in the bundle, hopefully with a slightly different head

#17 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 12:57 PM

View PostCathy, on 04 July 2017 - 12:06 PM, said:

I'd think the best way to do it would be make the one with a single variant the Hero in the bundle, hopefully with a slightly different head

It would be nice if the variants physically looked different, much like the many different Hollander drawings all look different. But I doubt this will be the case. I'm sure they would have been selling different Atlas heads by now if they were capable of doing it in a practical and meaningful way, and the special geometry heads were all from an age when PGI thought it was cool. Sadly it leaves texturing problems that they would rather just avoid, hence the lack of these on Collector mechs.

I figure PGI will probably invent variants. Truth be told, Battletech leaves 'gaps' in its variants and such for this very purpose. You're supposed to create your own variants to expand on their universe to make it your own. Ever notice the Atlas starts at AS7 as in the 7th generation?
Supposedly there were 6 test models before the final product. What were they? Did any of them ever become something else? Etc. Insert creative imaginations..

Thinking on the Hollander, if consider the Hunchback. The 4G is the only Hunchback that rolled off the factory floor back in its hayday, all the other variants (P, SP, H, J, etc.) are all 'invented' variants with designs popularized to the point that refit kits to recreate these original masterpieces were being sold so that you can turn your 4G into your very own 4P. Hence the transformed 4Gs into whatever else were all called "Swaybacks" or lesser Hunchbacks due to the radical changes to the right torso. Back to the Hollander, any 'variants' invented would be refit Hollanders. What if your Hollander was refit to haul a Mech Mortar? To haul ACs? PPCs? Missiles? Etc. I'd really like to see Hollanders sporting Arrow IV and Mech Mortars.

The Ravens have 2, 3 and 4... what was the first generation?

Hunchbacks go from 4 to 9... what was the first three generations?

The Flea hit the 15th generation before really becoming a marketable product; in this case we're told that it was originally called the Trooper, and that it had many, MANY colossal failures.

The Mauler was later said to be the successor to the Dobuku, and the German version created the Linesman and some other thing. Perfect examples of what FASA really intended for us to do. (In much the same vain, Star Citizen is having its backers create lore for its universe Evidently from 1st Somerset Strikers Compendium, FASA disclosed how they set about creating their universe by having one author construct major events, another construct a general framework history, and then allow many others to create little stories within that story and framework. In the end, it's basically like a huge RPG game such as Skyrim where there's a main plot and a bunch of other authors creating lots of side quests and monsters, or in this case mechs, vehicles, factions, mini factions, etc).

When PGI announced the Roughneck, the lore they made cited a til-then imaginary construction mech intended to rival the Powerman. I set about it, created several iterations, and I made a "Loader King" that can do exactly that and fulfill every stated factor that we know about the Loader King. It can take quite a beating, has two lift hoists one in each arm, can carry an overall superior amount of weight (but in the interest of not completely outclassing the Powerman, has fewer mounts for said weight so while the Powerman can haul 5 different pieces of cargo + what it hauls in the arms, the Loader King can only haul 3 different pieces of cargo + what is in the arms, but the weight limit to each mount is double or greater. I kept it under 65 tons instead of making it 65 tons, as Industrial materials are much heavier and thicker than military materials, as such though it is 50 to 55 tons, it has the same actual size as the 65 militarized Battlemech version of itself. This also makes it somewhat more appealing to have on your cargo missions as 65 tons is just immense overkill and limits cargo and civilian applications greatly. They also came out to almost the same price, with the Loader King being only slightly more expensive by less than 250,000 cbills.

I'm hoping to soon send it to Alex to see if it gets approval and then if he does some art for it, perhaps it'll become an official Agro'Mech.

View PostOdanan, on 04 July 2017 - 11:35 AM, said:

No love for the (other) Unseen?
Wasp, Stinger, Valkyrie, Ostroc and Longbow are on the top of my list.

I only listed the mechs from the 3025 TRO because it's a long list. I'm sure I could have dug into the 2750.

Edited by Koniving, 04 July 2017 - 01:05 PM.

#18 Tordin

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 04 July 2017 - 03:19 PM

The Flea. Need more 20 tonners. Once and for all, make this mech in-game. It was SO close to be included in the earlier days of MWO. Would be nice for the Locust to have company of its similiar, yet different buddy which have more hardpoints, a bit slower, higher mounts etc.
Imagine a 12 man with only Locusts and Fleas!
I would shell out for the Ultimate pack for that mech if it becomes avaiable ASAP. I do it partly for nostalgia and how good it could look in mwo.

Not least, paint with Wolf Dragoons colors. Those who brought the mech back from the dead (the one before, the Trooper was an utter failure)

Posted Image

Searh results of threads regarding Flea. Where is the Flea, why we need the Flea and so on.<

Edited by Tordin, 04 July 2017 - 03:20 PM.

#19 Tavious Grimm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 255 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 04 July 2017 - 04:13 PM

All right, let's get medieval... (Mech wise)

THE MACKIE!

Posted Image

#20 SuperFunkTron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 910 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 04 July 2017 - 04:27 PM

The Phantom, Pouncer, Grendel, and Black Lanner all need to be given serious consideration for entry into the game. They are a bunch of mediums, but they really do offer a variety of play styles among those 4 chassis.

Just realized my suggestions are from a later era, please ignore.

Edited by SuperFunkTron, 04 July 2017 - 05:19 PM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users