The Arctic Cheetah Sucks Now

28 replies to this topic

#21 Wywern

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 12:05 PM

I very rarely play mechs with small pulse lasers, and when I do it's most of the time a nova. I do have to say that this nerf seems like overkill, just looking at the stats.

Small pulse laser
DPS: 1.54
HPS: 1.04
Range: 165/297

ER Small laser
DPS: 1.30
HPS: 0.78
Range: 200/360

Pretty crazy considering one of these weapons weighs twice as much as the other. While it is of course true that the SPL discharges faster, it also reloads faster meaning you have to stare down your opponent, which I'm not sure is a good thing with that DPS.

EDIT: Also adding this in before anyone accuses me of being a biased clan fanboy, I mostly play IS mechs and the atlas is one of my favourite mech to date and is also the one I picked as a founder.

Edited by Wywern, 07 July 2017 - 12:34 PM.

#22 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,741 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 07 July 2017 - 02:14 PM

Again, the issue is that previous PGI had INCREASED the cSPL way too much and the new semi-overlord brought it back in line. Compared to lore and the original setup the current stats is better balanced. I mean PGI had DOUBLED the damage from 3.0 (TT stats) to 3.4 dmg to 6 dmg. That damage was the same as the current isMPL and and 1 dmg point less than cERML.

So, 3 < 3.4 < 6 < 4. It is in the place it should be, imho. It is NOT an overkill.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 07 July 2017 - 02:15 PM.

#23 Ulric von Eisenberg

Rookie

• Shredder
  • 9 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 07 July 2017 - 06:04 PM

View PostDaManiac, on 04 July 2017 - 08:04 AM, said:

Thing is that's not good, it's never good that a mech sucks, it's about it all being equal, because at some point it was the phract, then it was the stormcrow, then it was something else, you will always have some more equal than others, but it's also down to play style and the lot.

This was the very reason I haven't logged in since skill tree came out. The cheetah was pure fun, now it's pure ****, nuff said.

Funny you should say that. I too haven't played since the skill tree revamp. Got flamed for hating on that too but I don't think its too much to expect a mech that you paid money for and played for years should perform the same. The constant nerfing and tweaking... what you didn't play test it before you released it? I sometimes think they have the nerf in mind when they create the mech. They sucker you in with great specs... lots of people buy it then report how great it is ... more people buy it and ... oh it's OP time to nerf it.

#24 SPNKRGrenth

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 184 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 06:34 PM

Agreed the DPS is in the right spot now, but the DPH is too high for what you get.

#25 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,558 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 07 July 2017 - 08:12 PM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 07 July 2017 - 02:14 PM, said:

Again, the issue is that previous PGI had INCREASED the cSPL way too much and the new semi-overlord brought it back in line.

Absolutely not.

The actual issue is that cERSL builds defeat cSPL builds in a straight up brawl right now. That's a problem. The cSPL role is to be the best pinpoint DPS in the game. And the cERSL, which is supposed to trade damage output for extra range, is now beating the cSPL at its own game.

#26 General Solo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 01:01 AM

Not gonna say whether its wrong or right.
But I can see the reasoning to it.
IMO it was to raise the skill ceiling to back stab assaults mechs clan style, especially at the lower tiers.
Not unlike the Gauss charge, made the Gauss less of a go to platform for ballistics
Its still doable, just harder

The side effect is that larger mechs suffer the plenty also
Maybe give those mechs base quirks for small pulse - Gargi, Exe, partycrow ;) etc

Edited by OZHomerOZ, 10 July 2017 - 01:03 AM.

#27 Star Hustler

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 29 posts
  • LocationTharkad

Posted 11 July 2017 - 08:58 PM

Now that I've gotten the chance to hear everyone else's opinions I realize I was being a whiny little brat. I now think that a nerf was needed but IMO as some of you stated, the heat should be tweaked a bit.

Edited by Star Hustler, 12 July 2017 - 07:39 AM.

#28 The Basilisk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 12 July 2017 - 01:04 AM

So .... the mech that still has ECM and still got distorted hitboxes and still is protected by wonky hitreg....sucks because you normalized one of his weapon loadouts that was just trollish, hillariously overpowered.

In fact I do think the ACH is still superior to all other light mechs.

Edited by The Basilisk, 12 July 2017 - 01:19 AM.

#29 Ragnahawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 645 posts
  • LocationAce in RVN-3L, HBK-4P, CDA-2A, AS7-S, BNC-3M, Won Top Dog Tourny.. Those are my bests

Posted 12 July 2017 - 02:00 AM

The clan were literally running around with 2 IS small pulse for the price of one, for the same heat. Considering that IS is supposed to be better at close range weaponry, the csplas was a little broken.

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users